PDA

View Full Version : The Sunflower

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 4th, 2007, 08:50:14 PM
The pretentious laugh escalated throughout the cold morning air as the fog hung heavily within the large white canvas sails that flailed lively in the brisk morning air. It smelled like salt, tasted like salt, made anyones skin salty. Everywhere it was just salt. In the hair, on your skin, in your clothes...as well as the heavy stench of fish, something she was not partial to liking. Then again, she had been on the boat for far too long and she was very anxious to get onto dry land. Well, solid ground considering the dark grey sky was showing signs of non-stop downpours. How she was ready to just part with everything she had endured on this torrentious trip. Most preferebly she just wanted to get away from the rats that were the size of chamber pots and the food that was hard as a rock. Not to mention the constant swaying of the boat! Oh, for what she could eat it would only end up being leftovers for the fish in the sea. Half her stomach contents were spread from the Pacific to wherever the hell they were now.

Again, there was that spine tingling laugh that would make anyones toes curl, to be quite honest everything that he did made everything on her body curl. She shivered at the cold push of wind blowing against her left side, her hair falling from the pinned position she had done earlier that morning considering the wind was almost tornadic. She sighed out, her body being thrust upon the boats side, her stomach churning so badly from the breakfast they had eaten earlier she knew it was only right for her to have one last intimate moment with that single spot where she stood, or hovered over to be more precise.

"Oh please, it is absolutley proposterous that they know what we are doing. They are lower class, inbreds who know nothing of life. What we are doing is for the greater good of this country and its economy." His voice was so loud and it continuously hung like that thick white blanket of fog. She had been too close to him these past few weeks and she was wanting to hurry and get to the house they were to be staying at somewhere in the countryside. Katherine Benjamin wanted so badly to just get far away from everything on this boat and the reasoning behind their new adventures. More importantly, she wanted to shower because she had not been able to do so in weeks.

"My wife?" She heard him say something to one of the fellow men he was standing with, drinking tea, talking about life and how these people were low-class and inbreds. Usual pompous political talk. How dare he even think he was in the same range as her. "I daresay she has come quite fond of leaning over the ship. She and I are staying with some friends until our house is finished. Poodle, how are we doing over there?" The nickname allowed her to just give a few more dry heaves. The nickname he had given her was almost half as sickening as the fact that she was married to this man. Married out of pressure, her families undying devotion to allow her to marry into money, not just for her but for themselves as well.

"Oh, I..I am fine!" She sighed out, waving her right hand in the air, not wanting to give a glance at the small group of men who would soon laugh at her predicament. Her misery caused them great enjoyment.

"She'll be fine. I have just the cure for her."

The men laughed. It was a perverse comment that she would never take lightly. The jerks. All they cared about was politics, money, and sex. More importantly she knew that her husband, Thaddeus Benjamin, was wanting to finally consumate their marriage considering she had been using the excuse of being ill. She had to figure out a way to not let him touch her in any way once they got to their new homestead. She prayed she'd be on her monthlies.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 4th, 2007, 09:07:29 PM
He was known fondly to his best friends as Kiyo. Nagase to everyone else, and Boy to anyone who bought him. It didn't bother him, he was used to it by now, considering he'd been sold into the slave trade ages ago, when he was still a young boy. His mother had been too sick to care for both he and his brother, and his father needed any money he could get.

His elder brother had been sold a year before Kiyo, and by the time Kiyoshi was sold, his father had also come down with something. Kiyoshi didn't know what exactly had happened to them, he assumed they were still alive, otherwise his brother would have told him something...but beyond that...

Kiyoshi stood on the dock, looking out at the blue, green, grey ocean he had grown so accustomed to seeing through his life. He had lived in sea towns since he had been sold, and he loved the ocean. He loved the sound, the smell, the taste, the feeling of it on his skin when he swam in the summer. He rarely saw boats on its glassy surface. In fact, he'd only seen two or three boats of that size in his lifetime, and by far this one was the most grande.

Certainly, the man who owned it, or rented it, must have much money. And it was why he had bought Kiyo and twenty-four other slaves from their dealer. He probably had a big house to take care of, and too many other things to do to bother with taking care of it.

Kiyo didn't care to be sold, even though his last owner's son had been one of his best friends, they weren't far away from each other, only across a town, and Kiyo could be visited whenever his friend wanted to see him.

Kiyoshi was hoping for the best with this man. He had heard good things about him--he was a strong American, with a wife and a rich background. He was wealthy, and inended to bring "fine western advancement" to Japan. Of course, all of this was overheard third-, fourth-, possibly fifth-hand from the two gentlemen who had come to pick he and his fellow slaves up.

Kiyoshi didn't know anything else about him, and in fact, hadn't even yet seen where he was to be inhabiting. But he felt good about his new Master and Mistress. He hoped he pleased them, as he was the only welcoming committee. The man and woman his Master and Mistress were to stay with had "other matters" to attend to and asked Kiyoshi to show them to their new home, which was not far, and he was told he would "know it when he saw it."

His new life was starting on this dock. And he hoped it was a good one.

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:28:56 AM
I say!" He sighed out as he sat down his blue china tea cup on the plate that matched perfectly. He scoffed and gave a hideous glare to whoever was around, mainly his fellow friends and business companions and those who were to run the ship. "Where is that boy?" A few men laughed lightly amongst themselves, talking about whatever had popped into their heads, but Thaddeus was growing tired of the conversation and had realized the ship had been docked for quite some time.

It was always procedure to stay on board until things were tied down, the ship was secure, and the unpacking began. That, he knew, must've been forever and a day ago and he was wanting to get off this wretched contraption. Any other time he would have had a jolly good time, but not today. His wife was too ill and he was not really liking the fact she was spending more time over the side of the boat than beside him. Naked.

"Roger!" He called out to the man beside him, he slowly turned to make eye contact. "Have you seen a man who might happen to look like a slave boy around here?" The man only laughed teling him anyone who was unlike themselves fit that description. Of course, this in turn, caused the small little group of men to laugh very hautily.

"I think we are in agreement on that, my good friend." He sighed out and sat down his teacup on a silver tray one of the cooks had walked to them with, asking if they wanted more, but all of them refusing. "I am going to check up on my wife. See if you cannot find a boy named...oh what is his name?" His brow furrowed as a small strand of hair fell from his soft pony tail in the back. The ties he had purchased back in Africa finally beginning to wither.

<i>"Why Benjamin,"</i>He began walking towards the boats edge, hearing one of his friends call out.<i>" I think if you scream 'ching chong' someone here will come running!"</i> The men laughed yet again. Oh, how they kept him in stitches!

"Again, my friend, we are in agreement!" He said with a smile as he glanced briefly over his shoulder. He sighed out as their words faded him by the time he reached his beautiful wife. He put his right hand on her right hip of her maroon dress, her sexy bodice that cinched at the waist accentuating her curves.

"You all right, Poodle?"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:59:22 AM
The second she felt his hand touch her hip she coughed, fakingly so, and ,moved out of his touch. She didn't know why, but her mother had bought her the chiffon dress with almost every penny she and her father had had and to have him touch it was almost like spitting in a church, plus he was touching her in an intimate way and she was not very comfortable with that, despite their being married.

"Must you talk about them in that way?" She frowned softly as she looked out at the vast ocean spanning miles and miles. Her heart already aching for her home country. She heard Benjamin laugh deeply within his chest as he pulled out his leathered gloves, putting them onto his hands gingerly. She could see the material in the corner of her eye. The man loved his money and he loved flaunting it more so than anything.

<i>"I beg your pardon?"</i> She could hear the mockery in his voice, as if he were actually having such a conversation with her.

"You know what I mean, Benji, darling!" She turned to face him, the look on his face showing the agony his ears went through whenever she worked one of her own devised 'pet names' on him. Payback, she thought to herself, grinning slightly. She covered it by coughing gently into a handkerchief.

"Must you talk about the orientals as if they were freaks of nature. As if they are low class human beings who do not deserve your respect." The man laughed loudly. This amused him apparently. She could only imagine what he would do if he heard anyone talking about him in such a manner.

<i>"Dear, you haven't even met these men."</i> He looked up at her from putting on his glove. <i>"Which I intend to keep it that way. Anyway, Poodle, they don't know what we are saying the cannot even speak English."</i> He looked away from her to see a man waving at him t ocome near. Katherine took that time to stare at him. He wasn't unattractive, no he was far from it, but his views, opinions, lifes distortions made the balance of ugliness more evident.

"Still, your facial expressions-"

<i>"Enough with this...Katherine."</i> She clenched her jaw at his soured facial expression. He looked at her grabbed her elbow in his hand and moved close. <i>"Don't speak to me like that in front of my men, understood? Now, come. A man is going to lead us to our destination. You ready?"</i>

"Y-Yes." Katherine watched his expression fail to a smile. He gave her a kiss and she slightly moved from it, trying her best to cough, but her gig was probably up, especially after the jerk he gave her arm when he turned to leave her and her hanky. She watched him walk away and she wanted to much to find a hard solid object to hit him upside the head with, but knew it was very inappropriate for a young lady to do. So, in the best manner possible, she stuck her tongue out at him.

She sighed out and suddenly became very cross. Being near him bothered her, but even more so when he did things like that, forcing her to be what he wanted her to be. If only she had married someone not so prominent and well to do. She looked back over at the group of men, but the movement all around them caught her eyes. How she hated being steady and dull, she longed to be free and chipper like those working hard.

"Shut up, Katherine." She said to herself in a sigh. She was just mad because she was stuck there on the ship. She looked out at the water and then back again, but this time a new man had entered the scene. She frowned softly and felt her back stiffen. He was unlike anything she had ever seen in her entire life. He was yellow skinned, sort of, his eyes were darker than the deep blue at midnight, his hair darker than a raven's wing. His eyes were the oddest shaped...reminded her of almonds almost, except more prefected.

The men laughing slightly caused her to jump, but she couldn't help but stare at the new man walking slowly onto the boat, almost hesitant. She bit her lower lip as she slowly wandered across the ship's deck towards the small grouping of men, her eyes not looking anywhere else. Who was that man? Were there more like him? Was that what her husband meant by her not meeting them? Fear of their beauty?

"Dearest?" She said lowly, as to not interrupt the pow-wow too much. Her husband turned to stare at her before following her gaze to the man wandering on the boat.

<i>"About time,"</i> Katherine barely heard these words, but she felt his hand grip her elbow again. <i>"That, my dear, is a chink. You will be seeing many of them. I take it he is our guide."</i>

"I see." Katherine felt her husband squeeze her elbow and walk over to the man, quickly making introductions. If he was the guide then that meant he was one of their servants, which meant she might have a very hard time concentrating. His beauty was absolutely indescribable.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:27:46 PM
Kiyo's eyes had immediately spotted the Master of the boat. He was big--much bigger than the other westerners he had seen--and held himself in a manner very much meant to attract attention, let everyone know who he was and what he was doing there.

Kiyo didn't care to make judgements upon first seeing people, but frankly, the man frightened him a little. The way he looked at Kiyo, the dominating stance he took when he approached with the small woman on his arm, the way he spat out introductions, a little louder than necessary as if Kiyo couldn't understand him.

Thaddeus, he had said. Or...something like that. It was true, Kiyo had a difficult time with westerner's names, but he figured he wouldn't have to worry about it since he didn't call his Master by his first name anyway. Thaddeus Benjamin. And Catherine Benjamin.

Kiyo took the initiative, and bowed lowly to them, submissive and small. When he straightened, he waved his hand to the carriage provided by the man and woman who Benjamin and his wife would be staying with. Kiyoshi smiled.

"I am told to take you to your new home before you arrive where you are to stay," he said quietly, addressing the man, because it was inappropriate for him to address the lady. And she looked a little frightened and ill anyway.

"Your clothes and other belonging will follow us on another cart, if it please you, Master," he said. He bowed again. "Follow me, Sir."

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:20:34 PM
Thaddeus sighed out, a little annoyed at the man bowing. Although he liked it when others were below him, he some how did not feel the need to have to thrust their traditions on him. Not now at least, perhaps he could care later on in this trip.

"Thank you." He said blandly as he looked around as if he did not care and that this had wasted his time. Which it had. "I must warn you, slave, that in this household to be highly prized and taken care of you need to be more precise on your timing. Understood?" He looked back to the man and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't like waiting, especially when I have an ill wife!" He slightly raised his voice, allowing his dominance be known to anyone who was nearby. He sighed out and straightened his glove to busy himself as if this entire thing was a bore.

<i>"Thaddeus, I am fine! There is no need-"</i> The soft spoken words from his wife made his blood boil. What had he just told her not but minutes ago?

"My dear," He grabbed her arm and squeezed, laughing lightly. "You are not fine. We almost had to fetch the doctor." He looked down at her with a look that struck fear into her. She nodded and he was pleased. He turned his attention back to the servant.

"Now," He said with a deep sigh. "Let us go to the carriage."

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:37:58 PM
Kiyoshi knew when to shut up, and that was that time. He waved towards the carriage and then walked lightly to it, his shoes clunking a little on the wood of the dock. He reached the carriage and turned back to the two westerners behind them.

In all honesty, Kiyo had never found westerners to be particularly good looking. They looked so strange compared to the Japanese, he hadn't ever really gotten used to westerners. But he knew he would eventually get used to them because he would probably rarely see anyone else.

He opened the door slowly and waited until the woman and the man climbed in. He waved to the driver, yelling out to him in Japanese before ran to the back and sat on the small bar on the back alongside another young Japanese boy who was being sent to their home as well. There was another carriage behind them that was holding the westerner's things and would follow them as far as their own home.

Kiyoshi sighed heavily. The man in the carriage was so big, he scared Kiyo. He could break Kiyoshi apart with a look. Kiyo knew he'd have to just stay downwind, or else he wouldn't do well.

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:45:17 PM
"Peasants." Benjamin scoffed as he sat in the carriage, the bumpy road something he had gotten used to in his many trips to the country before taking the Washington's up on their proposition to expand their business into the east. Into the small villages that needed their economy to be more modern. More western. He glanced up at his wife, sitting across from him, her face brightly flushed from the sickness she had experience and was probably going to experience on their little ride into the country. It wasn't a long way, no, but to someone who had never experienced such harsh country roads that had many holes and hardly ever dry due to the torrential sloping hills that allowed water to run into the streets and small valley's.

"The carriage rides, my love, you will get used to." He looked down at his hands folded in his lap. He could see the fear in her eyes as to whether or not she would like this place and he couldn't help but grin. She would love it, he would make sure of that.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:55:40 PM
Katherine sat quietly, listening to the large wheels squish into the mud, hear the horses hooves clump against the wet surface, she heard the japanese boys in the back talking amongst themselves and she was grateful for it, she didn't think she could handle a silent carriage ride with a man she barely knew and a man she despised the second she had laid eyes on.

She had nothing to say to him, not really, he had taken her from her family, her friends, the only home she ever knew half-way across the globe to a place that she had never heard of. A place she had never seen except in the encyclopedias and history books she had read in Thaddeus' exstinsive library back in the states. She had been bred to fear those who looked unlike herself, and she did, but she did not think they deserved being treated unkindly when they were just doing their jobs. She had never treated anyone differently than her, she had not been raised htat way, but then again she was not rich and had never been brought up in the prominent and wealthy upbringing. It had all just been on accident that these two met and married.

She looked out the window at the vast green fields, rice fields in the distance. It was almost surreal, the vasty beauty that spread far and wide unlike her home in New York. This place was like being thrown back into a time lapse. There were no cobblestone roads, no large homes, no large buildings, nothing...just..green. She smiled.

Benjamin scoffed again and this time she realized it was a laugh. She dropped her grin and looked over at him. <i>"What's funny?"</i> He questioned. She bit her lower lip and looked back out the small window.

"Nothing." She responded. If there was going to be any joy in her life, keeping her artistic opinions to herself would do the trick since Thaddeus would just crush them. "Nothing at all, just glad to be here...with you." She looked at him and gave him a false grin. Another thing she'd have to do...fake love for the man she despised to keep him happy as well.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:05:59 PM
Kiyoshi had to grab onto the other boy to keeo from bouncing off the carriage as they hit a big rock and the horses spooked a little into moving faster. The other boy--Hoshi as he learned earlier--held onto his hand and leg to help him get back in position.

Kiyoshi hated carriage rides, had since he had been taken into slavery when he had been younger, and the carriage--really more a cart--had bounced him so much, his back and thighs had been bruised for a week. This ride was nothing different from anything else, except that this road was off the main roads, and less beaten down. The way was riddled with rocks.

Kiyoshi held onto Hoshi tightly before leaning around to see where they were at. He could already see the huge house the two westerner's would be moving into, and not far from it--about five miles--was the house of the people they were staying with. Kiyoshi yelled up to the driver to stop at the next mansion before continuing on to their destination.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:15:14 PM
Katherine jumped and screamed lightly when the wheel hit a large rock, causing her to go flying into the air. Her husband sat there unamused as if this happened to him everyday. She sighed out when the constant jumping came to a quick halt. She was almost flung forward, but her husband standing in the small carriage pushed her back, he apparently knew where they were since he oepend the door and jumped out and said something to someone.

Where were they? Had they finally hit solid ground? What was going on!? She bit her lower lip and tried to look out the window but saw nothing but more land. Endless amounts of it, actually. She scooted in the seat over to the door and pushed the door open slightly, but it was quickly pulled open by the servant she had seen earlier. Surprise written on his face and she was sure it was all over her own.

<i>"She isn't going to bite, boy!"</i> Her husband's voice echoed throught the thick air and into the carriage. She figured he had ordered the man to help her out, but she didn't need it.

"What?" She said to him. She didn't know why, but it just came out of her mouth since he stared at her. Did she have something on her face? She glanced down at his feet and saw it was smothered in mud, she couldn't help but realize she'd be stepping into it. She looked around and sighed out, seeing a large house far off. What, were they going to walk!? Certainly not!

"Benjamin." She called out. "Benjamin!" She yelled again. She heard him direct the servant to ignore her and help her out anyhow.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:26:10 PM
Kiyoshi looked from the man to the woman and back again. He was being instructed to help the woman out of the carriage and into the puddle of mud at their feet. He looked at the woman, his eyes widening a little bit. He smiled a little reassuringly, and held out his hand. He didn't want to make her walk in the mud, but he didn't want to disobey either.

"Is alright," he said quietly, holding his other hand. "We clean fine clothes very well. I promise I will take care of your beautiful dress personally," he said, smiling at her and offering his hands more reassuringly.

"Come Mistress, Master is waiting."

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:33:47 AM
Disheartened and fearful was how Katherine was taking this new action that was being thrust upon her, much like everything she had been going through this past month. Her head was still spinning from the whimsical marriage, the whimisical departure, and now this very confusing move across the world. She had been taught to fear things she did not know and at that moment the thing she feared was this entire marriage, trip, and now she was faced with having to touch a man she did not know. She bit her lower lip, agitated that her husband wasn't helping her, not that she would have wanted him to anyhow, it would have made her more comfortable.

"Okay." She said lowly to the man, not wanting it to seem like she feared him, although she slightly did since she knew nothing of his culture. She stepped her foot on the small step outside of the carriage and held onto the handle with her left hand and reached out her other, feeling the man take it within his own. It was so tiny, feminine, soft, beautiful hands with slender fingers. She glanced at the color difference. She was so white, whiter than milk, but he was so dark and it was almost like she were a ghost in his hands.

Katherine didn't want to stare at his hands as if she were afraid to touch him, but she was almost dumbfounded by the difference. She had never seen such a thing before. She looked up and was surprised to find herself staring into his dark eyes. Beautiful dark eyes at that. She bit her lower lip and realized that this thinking was very...inappropriate. Despite knowing this Katherine also had a mind to take his hands into her own for they were incredibly cold, like blocks of frozen water. She had the urge to just cup her hands over his own and warm them, it being the natural instinct of a nurturer such as herself, but again the only thing that stopped her was the fact of the action being too inappropriate. In her mind, though, she wanted to desperately.

How cruel it was to stick them outside in the cold and horrible conditions. What if it began to rain? What if one of them fell off? The carriage driver would probably not even stop to go back and see if they were alright. She would feel incredibly guilty, but her husband would probably just call them clumsy. She stepped out of the carriage and almsot slipped down into the mud, luckily the man had a strong grip. She laughed lightly, embarassed at the accident waiting to happen. She looked up at the man and felt her cheeks flush. She was sure it was due to the carriage ride and the ship, the instability of it all causing her to not even walk properly anymore.

"Thank you." She said to him with a smile, allowing him to direct her out of the path of a puddle and onto dryer land. She dropped his hand after a moment when she realized she had not let go of it the moment they stepped into the grass, out of the muddy road. She heard Benjamin call out to her to come to him and she looked over the man's shoulder to see him pointing at the house with his gloved hand.

<i>"Better than that hell hole you lived in back in New York!"</i> As true as his statement might have been it was still her first and only home. It hurt her when he said things like that. She glanced back at the servant and nodded, slightly bowed, mimicking him from their previous meeting.

"Thank you." She said again for good measure. She pushed a piece of her hair out of her eyes, the odd weather causing it to go wild in all directions, the chocolate strands slightly curling by her eyes. How she wished for some slight chance of normalcy

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 12th, 2007, 08:14:56 PM
Kiyoshi bowed respectfully and watched the woman wade through the ankle deep mud. He backed up to stand next to the cart and Hoshi, who was knocking his shoes together to get some of the mud off. It plopped into the wet mud onto the ground with an icky splash. Kiyo watched him for a moment before he looked up.

"You think they'll last out here?" he asked in their native tongue, dusting his hands off. Kiyoshi chuckled a little, looking back at the young couple who were looking up at the house, admiring it from the ground. Kiyo shrugged a little.

"Not if she keeps wearing those dresses," he answered with a playful smirk. Hoshi laughed lightly and nodded as he continued to clean his shoes as best he could.

Kiyoshi leaned against the cart, looking back over at the man and woman. He wondered about them, where they came from, what they had done in their last home, everything. His last family had always been very forthcoming with their information, treated their servants like one of the family. They didn't think it was right to let the servants eat alone, so they always ate with the family, serving everyone, then themselves, and talking cordially with them like kith and kin.

Kiyoshi didn't think this man would allow any of the servants to even come within breathing range of he or his wife, considering he seemed to be very possessive, and...maybe a little cruel? Kiyo didn't know them, he couldn't judge them, but still...

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 12th, 2007, 08:27:17 PM
She was not paying much attention, she was too distraught for words. She wanted warmth, she wanted to not be stuck there in ankle deep mud, her mother's dress probably in ruins. She wanted to just...go away from this place. She had been able to admire the beauty, the peace it gave her, the smell, all the wretched things about it...she could love and accept. But being with the man she stood beside, that was another story. She hadn't met him but a few weeks ago and she ended up getting married to him before even knowing his full name.

She wasn't keen on large homes, never invisioned herself living in one, but there she was standing on teh grounds staring at this huge house that she didn't think she would ever be able to remember. It would be finished in about a week or so. She would eventually have to sleep in the same room with her husband. No more excuses to keep her virginity.

Katherine sighed out silently and looked around, over her shoulder to see the two asians laughing amongst themselves. How cute. She didn't know why, but she really found their appearances intriguing. Their language as well. Perhaps she could at least find some sort of stability with the servants? She glanced at her husband. He would be the only problem. He didn't seem like the kind of man to allow anyone to mingle with those that worked for him. She clenched her jaw then shivered. Hopefully it wouldn't be this cold, rainy, and dreary all the time.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:58:21 PM
Kiyoshi yawned as he watched the young couple. They appeared intrigued by the new home--brand new too, Kiyoshi had heard they had started building it only afew months before. Kiyoshi had even known some of the workers who had helped build the monstrosity right smack in the middle of a crop field.

Of course, it wasn't any of Kiyoshi's business who put their houses where, but still, right here? He didn't get it. These people were rich enough to have their home anywhere they wanted, why not in more of an inland place? An inland city, where other people who were rich like they were resided. Kiyoshi couldn't understand why they were her in this tiny seatown, with tiny merchants, and tiny people, and just everything was tiny. True, the land was cheaper here than it would be in the cities...but still. There was so little value of living here...

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:11:59 PM
Thaddeus breathed in deeply, filling his lungs with the fresh earthy air that this country gave him. He breathed in so deep until it hurt. He loved it there already, not only was he away from prying eyes who could talk behind his back about being a divorced man marrying another within weeks, he was away from anyone bother he and his new wife. He gave a thought to look down at her, but kept the swell of pride of his find deep within his chest.

"See what I give to you, poodle? This is your dream come true." He sighed out after a chillingly long pause and he looked over at the two servants seemingly having a jolly rotten time. He frowned. He wasn't paying these heathens to stand around as if they were rich aristocrats! Hell, they were two edges of the world away from it.

"You!" He called out to the littlest one. "Take those two large trunks and head up to the house. Set them in the front lobby!" He glanced over at the tallest and eldest one. "You, lets us head up to the other house. Abraham and his wife are expecting us." He stomped through the mud, his momeny of zen disspiated with aggravation at the scene he just saw. That little runt chink was not going to be treated with kindness if he were going to loiter and chat. This was not tea time! He figured the eldest man would have been a better choice for those two large and very heavy trunks of his, but he knew the youngest was needing muscle and to be taught who was boss.

"Help my wife!" Thaddeus watched the boys dark eyes stare down at the little young one. What was this? Perhaps, surprise at the request? Or was he having an affair with the little bastard? Thaddeus was not in the mood to see such facial expressions. They were probably late as it was with their slowness.

"And get moving! We have a time constraint." He jumped quickly into the carriage, not caring whether or not his wife fell face first in the mud. He just wanted to show them who was boss and how hateful he could be. "Ugh." He scoffed as he played with his leather glove inside the cab. "Stupid, filthy chinks."

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:22:09 PM
Kiyoshi rubbed Hoshi on the arm encouragingly before turning to help him get the two huge trunks off of the carriage. Hoshi grunted a little under the weight of them--these things were bigger than he ever could dream of being! Why wasn't Kiyo doing this job? He ignored the annoyance in his chest to pull the other trunk off and set it off to the side in just enough mud so that the man would have a time cleaning it off, but not so much that he would notice it until he did.

"Take your time, Hoshi. Don't worry about them," he whispered in Japanese as the other began off in the direction of the house. Kiyoshi didn't touch the wife, but let her figure her own way through the mud. If she was going to marry a man like that, then she probably wasn't much better herself.

When she got into the carriage, Kiyo shut the door and climbed onto the runner on the side of the carriage. He leaned out a little to see the driver.

"Iku ou! Washington's ni!" he called. The driver nodded and then clapped the horses on the back. Kiyoshi spurred him to go faster. "Hayaku!" he called. He didn't want anybody to get yelled at because they had not taken mind to Mr. Benjamin's time constraint.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:39:37 PM
"That was very wrong of you, Thaddie." She couldn't help it. She was annoyed beyond anything in all the world! She was soaked from her knees down, her dress was ruined, her head hurt, she was hungry, this damn carriage ride was not very good on the rear, and her husband had just given an impossible task to someone less capable! If anything dirty was on that trunk she could only imagine what in the world he'd do!

"I don't care what you say to me, but as your wife I am entitled to at least state-"

"Hmph!" The snobbed response made her skin crawl. What was that for? Did he ever make a pleasant sound? She hardly doubted it. She sat back in the carriage, looking away from the man she wanted to spit on. She loved him in a way that was forced, she loved him as a human being, but other than the flesh and bone he had...all was ill repute to her and she could never ever call him 'husband' unless it was to appease those around her.

"Entitled." The man gave a little laugh. If there was one thing she admired about him was his way of being mean. If there was a more crueler man in the world she would have to give them credit.

The carriage ride abruptly came to a halt, and had she not sat on the opposite side she figured she'd be on Thaddeus' lap. Thank heaven that she wasn't! She aldready felt dirty as it was, no need for it to be thrust upon her even more. The door flung open and a very prestige and very beautiful asian bowed to Thaddeus, whose rear bumped her head and pushed her back from trying to situate her self to move out of the carriage when it was her turn. She clenched her jaw and just stayed put.

She heard him mumble his thanks before heading off towards the large house where a mass of people gathered at the front of the house. Luckily it was not muddy but rather this prominent family had laid gravel down in their magnificent circular driveway. How lovely.

She paid no mind to the man holding out his hand, she didn't need help! She was tired of being treated like she did. The only thing she needed help from was her husband and his wrath that was very apparent in his ice blue eyes. Hence the word ice. She looked around and saw the vast estate. Where in God's name did they get the supplies to create such a nice home? And why would one want one so large?

"Thank you anyway." Katherine said to the servant who closed the door. "I've been having to be treated like a damsel in distress all day! I thought I could at least get out of the cab by myself!" She laughed lightly as she looked over at the servant who stood there looking at her like she were psycho. What? Did she say something bad? Wrong? Did she offend him? Was there something on her face? She looked down slightly and rubbed her cheeks a little in case something was there. But when she glanced back up, the man had gone. She frowned. Why do these people disappear so quickly!?

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:54:29 PM
Kiyoshi was around the back of the carriage, getting the things they had wanted to bring with them for the two or three day stay they would be having with the Washingtons. He could carry most of it himself, but the other servent with them helped him with two of the bags.

Kiyoshi nor the other servant needed orders from here. They had been serving people long enough to know what to do now.

He and the other went around the main courtyard--away from the peopl who were not allowed to see servants due to their higer class than Kiyoshi--and onto a servants path that was not graveled. It was muddy and messy. But Kiyoshi and the other servant barely paid it any mind as they walked down it briskly, the sound of squishing mud apprent under their sandals.

"Watashitachi ha ie shiyounin nikorerawo, sorera toru sokoni karano sorewo toru," the other servant explained quickly to Kiyoshi who nodded in response. They were not allowed in the house, only in the servants passages. The house servants would have to take the things up into the house for them.

Kiyoshi fell in front of the other servant as the walk became too narrow for them to walk side-by-side anymore. He appraoched the servant's entrance and stopped at the door to toe his shoes off and step inside on the mat. Servants were running all over the place, cooking, cleaning, getting the last minute details finished before the Benjamins entered the house. Some of the servants were not the Washingtons but instead belonged to the Benjamins and had been carted over earlier to be sure the Benjamins had as many servants as they thought they would need.

Two servants came over and grinning, greeted them with bows and hasty greetings.

"Ohayo gozaimasu! Hajemimashite?!" they cried jovially. Kiyoshi grinned back at them, passing the things to them quickly, and bowing quickly to them.

"Watashi hayokuaru!" he and the other servant answered quickly and in high and loud tones. They had entered into the back of the kitchen and cleaning room, and the yells of Japanese were loud and echoing in this area.

They were quickly bustled inside and told what to do to ready things for the Benjamins departure in a few day's time. Kiyoshi nodded and listened intently and began his tasks diligently. He glanced across the kitchens to where women--old and young alike--were cooking for the newcomers, and he spotted a young girl he knew quite well. Grinning and turning his head back down to his work, he knew he would have to go and talk to her later than evening when things had settled down, and the Benjamin's were quiet and asleep.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:06:25 PM
Katherine sighed out as she had finally allowed her head to stop spinning. The large group of people were all too demanding and were all too kind. So they seemed. They were kissing her twice on each cheek, holding her hand, kissing her hand, introducing themselves, expressing gratitude for her being there, expressed their congratulations for the marriage...it was all so confusing by the time all the introductiosn were made her head was spinning. There had been so many Elizabeth's, Thomas', Jonathan's, and more than enough Samantha's. She was ready to fall to the ground and whine, which she heard most rich folks do from time to time when something is far too grand a scale to handle. Fainting, that is what she heard they loved to do most.

That was them, this was her. She was ready to change into something far more comfortable and do something constructive, but she was to learn that is not how the wife of Thaddeus Benjamin acted. Ugh, she apparently had no identity without her husband being attached. She bit her lower lip as she looked around the sitting room where there were buffet tables filled with fresh fruits, drinks being served hotter than fire, so many different servants being bustled into the room without ever being noticed. A new face everytime she turned. She heard a few women laughing and suddenly she realized she was a part of this small foursome. These heavily dressed women with their overpowering perfume and make-up were discussing something that was apparently humorous, when she finally realized they were discussing a new female servant and how funny she looked Katherine tuned out. Up until the point when the men all made the announcemnet they were going to the study.

"My dear," The hostess, Elizabeth Washington, took a hold of Katherine's hand and expressed how she was to fetch her personal servant to take her to her room and help her change for the dinner party they were to be having later on that evening. Katherine was more than happy to accept.

"Thank you." The woman walked her to the stairs and told her to wait a moment. Katherine finally realized, when Mrs. Washington spoke to a female servant, that even the smallest tasks were to be handled by more servants.

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:14:15 PM
Yumi had seen Kiyoshi already, and they had waved and she had been entertained several times by him making silly faces at her over the stove while they were working. But they had not gotten a chance to talk. She had been swept off to the upstairs where she was going to help serve food.

She had had to change into her yukata--she could barely breathe for the tightness--so that she would be presentable to the guests. And as she was about to move back into the servant's serving room, the lady of the house, Elizabeth, caught her arm and told her that she needed to accompany Mrs. Benjamin to her room to help her clean up and change for the dinner party that evening.

"Of course, Lady Washington," Yumi said, bowing respectfully and moving towards the Lady Benajamin who was standing at the stairs. The end of her dress was still wet and a little muddy, and the poor thing look like she had never done this sort of thing before.

Yumi appraoched her respectfully, and bowed when she stood in front of her, placing her hands in front of her, and trying to bow over her blue and pink yukata, and her blue obi.

"Good evening, Lady Benjamin," she said quietly. "My name is Yumi, and I will accompany you to your room so you may change, if it pleases you."

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:29:59 PM
Katherine looked at the girl. The pprecious girl in a beautiful outfit she had never seen before in her life. The woman was absolutely breathtaking. For some reason, her face, outfit, voice, name, it all made Katherine smile. It had been probably the kindest person she had met so far and they hadn't even exchanged two words. Perhaps it was just in her prescense and her eyes. Either way, something inside overwhelmed Katherine to feel so relieved that this woman was going to be helping her, nobody else.

"Please!" She said with a light laugh, keeping her voice low since she didn't want anyone else to hear her. "Help me in any way." She laughed and looked around seeing the men moving off towards the study.

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:35:03 PM
Yumi smiled warmly, and bowed. She motioned for the woman to beging up the stairs with her. Once they were mostly out of earshot, Yumi turned slightly to the woman to look at her. She was gorgeous, western, with big beautiful eyes. She could help but admire the woman's beauty.

"If you don't mind my speaking out of turn, Mistress, could I ask what brought you and your charming husband here?" she asked. If she was going to be this woman's personal servant for the rest of however long, she wanted to get to know the woman. And she seemed like a kind person, so Yumi hoped she wouldn't get her head bitten off.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:46:51 PM
Katherine didn't think she moved half as fast as she did up those steps. She felt this swell of energy inside of her, wiping out all the tire and sickness she had felt. If this were to be her servant...she wanted to be able to at least treat her like she herself would have wanted to be. They reached the top of the carpeted stairs and she was immediately relieved, the pressure to be something in front of someone she wasn't out of her system. Those judging eyes gone for the time. She smiled and heard the young woman speak. It brought her attention back to her new best friend, her only friend at the moment.

"Oh please!" For some reason desperation was in her voice at that very moment. "Call me Kate. Nobody has called me that since I have gotten here!" She grabbed the young girls hand and squeezed. "I want us to be friends! No servants, no slave, friends! Who...happens to help me!" She smiled and closed the space between the two. She was needing to latch onto someone normal and she figured this girl was as good as you could get.

"My husband, Thaddeus, moved me here after we got married a week ago. He is here to tear down villages and industrialize your country. I do not know why! He has more money than God himself!" Katherine bit her lower lip. She was talking too much! She was saying too much! But this woman was going to see her in her pantaloons, she knew there was nothing she couldn't tell her.

"I am sorry, I haven't been able to say more than a few sentences sine I have gotten married. Thaddeus believes I should be a good, quiet, respectable wife. Ugh." She was apparently showing her disliking as much as one could. If there were a photo of him she'd burn it just to prove that her love did not go any farther than respect for the living.

"Charming, he is not." She continued as Yumi guided her down the large and, gratefully, desolate hallways. "I am sure he is charming, but I am not quite sure yet." She looked at Yumi. "How about you? Tell me all about yourself! Tell me anything you want! Brothers? Sisters? Family? How old are you? Do you have a lover? How long have you worked here? Have you lived here all your life?" Katherine's desperation was busting at the seams and she could tell that she was not showing her proper side, if she even had one at all.

"I am sorry! I cannot stop talking." She laughed. "In time, I suppose, we will be best friends."

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:56:20 PM
Yumi couldn't keep a smile and laugh from coming out. She covered her mouth. Oh, how sweet this woman was. She didn't seem to have many friends, this Kate. But Yumi loved making friends, and she was quite an outspoken, spunky person. She just needed the right provocation. And this woman seemed to be that.

"Oh that is dreadful!" she responded to Kate telling her that her husband was going to tear cities down. She shook her head. "Not to disrespect of course," she added. She didn't want to offend, but she did think it was dreadful. Then she grinned. "I hope we can be friends. About me? Well..." she paused a minute trying to find the words.

"Well, I used to work in a home not too far from here. I worked with a boy named Kiyoshi--he was the one who met you at the docks, and saw you here. We have grown up together, he is really my only family. I don't remember my parents, and I don't know if I have any brothers or sisters," she said, nodding. "I am eighteen years old, Madam." She paused.

"So, in the western part of the world, the wives all must be quiet and respectful? Here its the same, the woman will stay at home and the man works...unless you are a servant of course..." she smiled. "I am so glad you want to be my friend. Many westerners who come here want nothing to do with us!"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:03:33 PM
Katherine scoffed.

"That is so ignorant! These people are nothing like myself. I have been having to suck in my stomach, hide any imperfections I have for they have quite harsh views." The two stopped and the girl opened up a door, apparently the door to her new room until further notice. It was very vast and very bright. Just the way she liked it. There were velvet drapes hanging fromthe large french windows. A huge bed that took up half the size of the room. Many pillows covering it. She could only imagine if this was a guest room what the others looked like.

Then it hit her. Her husbad had very expensive tastes, she could only fathom that their room would be filled to the brim with golden statues, large beds, millions of pillows....things that screamed class. Katherine hated it already.

Katherine walked in, following Yumi who made a turn to shut the door and lock it. Katherine's mind wandered back to the boy, Kiyoshi, the man who had helped her at the docks and who had helped her out of the carriage. Beautiful man, however that was as far as she could say since she did not get to interact much with him. He seemed kind, and if Yumi was friends with him it only meant she was more than ready to be friends with him as well!

"I am not like any other westerner. I come from a small home, my mother and father. We were poor. It was on an accident that I happened to meet my husband. We have only known each other for a few weeks, if even that long." She sighed out and kept her eyes moving from one thing to another.

"You are eighteen? Back home I was considered old for my age," She looked over at Yumi and smiled. "I'm eighteen as well." She bit her lower lip and glanced at the large rug on the floor. "Married to a man who is nearing fourty-six."

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:11:16 PM
Yumi locked the door and nodded as the woman talked. She moved to the wardrobe. She pulled a key out of the folds of her yukata and unlocked the wardrobe. She opened the doors, and looked in at the marvelous dresses--not of an Asian influence--that hung there. She turned back to the woman and smiled.

"Well, if we aren't married by now, we are tending towards old maids. But men have all the time in world!" Yumi laughed. "For instance, Kiyoshi is nineteen. He could be thirty and he would still have time...but for the woman we must be married, or we are useless," she said, shaking her head. "I have never understand that."

She turned back to the wardrobe and picked out an appropriate dress. It was deep blue, beautiful, shimmering. And there was jewelry to go with it, and a hairpeice also. It was the most beautiful dress hanging there. She pulled it carefully out and laid it on the mattress of the bed, smoothing it out a little to make sure no creases stayed in it.

"But once we are servants--even for Kiyoshi and the other men--it is not likely we will get married. Unless we marry another servant, and live in poverty all of our lives. And I have determined I won't do that to any children I have," Yumi explained, smiling at Kate as she straightened. "Come. Your dress can be cleaned, so don't worry about the mud on the ends."

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:18:40 PM
Katherine sat down, listening to the woman. No need to keep that artificial pompous thing going on! She was nothing like those downstairs and she was wanting to make sure she did not act like it when she had to. Especially behind closed doors. Living a lie had never been something Katherine wanted to do, but yet she was having to out of fear for what people would think and say about her. Luckily she was putting her trust with Yumi and would divulge anything she ever could with her. If her family was halfway across the world and her only choice was to be friends with the women downstairs, she was more than happy to be friends with the ones she was told not to.

Katherine stood up, still very nervous about this whole thing. Her marriage in partcular, listening intently to Yumi. She watched her put a dress on the bed and smooth it out. How beautiful. She had never seen it before, but she knew it was from her husband. He had bought her many dresses and shipped them here prior to their departure from America. She looked at Yumi and watched her smile as she directed her to have the dress cleaned.

"Thank you." She said to Yumi with a well needed sigh of relief. "My mother and father spent almost two months wages on this dress so I could look beautiful when I left. They said they wanted to remember me leaving America as a woman wearing something they bought, not what someone else had." She felt the urge to cry when remembering her family waving and crying for her when they left. Despite them being one of the biggest reasons she married Thaddeus, she still couldn't help but feel her heartbreak to be so far away.

"You do not make good wages being a servant?" She questioned as she followed her. "I figured you, of all, would make a lot of money! These people you work for...they could buy anything!"

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:28:19 PM
Yumi couldn't help but laugh a little as she moved to the bed and sat nest to the woman, reaching up and gently taking her hair down. Her beautiful hair slid down her shoulders--a little damp from the weather outside. She ran her fingers through the softness, picking up the combs she had and beginning to comb it. She wanted it free of tangles before she got the woman out of her dress, so it would be easier to fix once she had changed.

"Oh, no," Yumi said. "We rarely make anything. The whole idea of being a servant is that we get food and somewhere to stay and that is our pay for working for them..." she said, gently smoothing the woman's hair down. "Some of use have no choice. Like Kiyoshi, he was sold when he was young, and had no say in it. And I was born into it. But others choose this lifestyle because they prefer to not have to worry about making money, or paying for a place to stay..."

Yumi put the combs down and stood.

"How about we get you out of that dress?"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:32:17 PM
Katherine took in her words. That was no life at all. Just because someone housed them did not mean anything at all! They were doing difficult tasks for rich overpaid men and women and all the while these people were slaves and were having to feed their own family in the background. It was a horrible life, but she figured one did not have any choice.

"That is so horriblle." She stated mindlessly. "I could never imagine such a horrendous thing." She bit her lower lip and stood at Yumi's words. "I mean, I thought my family worked very hard, but apparently not. You all deserve to be treated fairly, paid correctly..." Katherine shook her head and furrowed her brow.

"I promise you this, Yumi, if you are my servant I will never treat you badly. I will always help you. I will pay you more than you get now."

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:41:07 PM
Yumi smiled wide and bowed to her before taking her hand and holding it to her chest.

"Your words mean so much to me! You will never have to pay me if you will only stay my friend as you are now!" she said smiling at the other woman. Then she chuckled and moved around behind Kate. She slowly unbuttoned the dress and slid it down over her many petticoats, laying it on the bed. She carefully helped the woman peel off two of the petticoats to replace them with fresh ones. Yumi helped her change all her undergarments before tightening the woman's corset. She didn't tighten it too much, it was already tight enough and Yumi didn't want to hurt the woman.

After that she helped her slide into the beautiful blue dress. It was low on her shoulders, and showed enough cleavage to be enticing but not too revealing. Yumi gently laced it with its sky blue ribbon up the bag and tied it in a special Japanese knot to give it a little Asian flavor that the other women would lack.

"Here," she said cheerfully, sliding the bands at the ends of the sleeves onto Kate's fingers. Yumi moved around in front of the woman to adjust it on her shoulders nicely. Yumi smiled. "You look so beautiful! Do you know, you have the best skin of any western woman I have seen!" Yumi laughed a little before motioning that Kate sit down at a dresser near the corner that was adorned with a mirror and beautiful Asian influenced carvings.

Yumi pulled out the box of jewelry that went with the dress and also the blue silk headpeice.

"How would you like your hair done?"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:59:07 PM
Katherine took everything slowly, enjoying her time with the only other person that knew her better than anyone, literally. She hadn't divulged that many secret thoughts in lord knew how long and seh knew she wouldn't be stating anything she said to Yumi to anyone else outside of that door.

Katherine felt great, better than ever, suprisingly. She had gotten off that boat, out of that horrible carriage, was dry, clean, and had a new best friend! What more could she ask for. Then she glanced in the mirror and realized that Yumi could take anything and make it beautiful, for in all reality this dress was so blue, fluffy, over-priced, and not her style. But somehow a little bow in the back, the touch of Yumi, made it all perfect. She smiled widely.

"How do you think it should be done?" She asked with a smile, turning to look at her. "Do it differently. If I cannot insult these people at least make them realize that I appreciate everything about you." She smiled. She had not been the excited in such a long time, not even for her wedding day!

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:08:22 PM
Yumi grinned and sat the woman down. She drew the combs through the woman's hair and began to work, holding pins in her mouth and using them where she needed to.

She pulled her hair up and piled it onto her head in the style that Yumi had learned a long time ago. It was very simple and very Japanese. She left two peices down in front of the womans ears. Carefully, instead of using the hair peice, Yumi took down the blue chop sticks in her own hair and slid them into Kate's hair, giving her an elegant Japanese look.

Yumi carefully finished it and then curled the two peices in front of Kate's ears with some wax that would keep it there.

"There," Yumi said after the short time it took her. "How is that, Madam?"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:18:45 PM
Kate bit her lower lip as Yumi worked, her hands moving much faster than her own whenever putting her hair up. The combs raked against her scapl and it sent shivers down her spine, how she loved it when people played with her hair. She had friends that did it back in the states and it slightly made her feel more like she were home. She gnawed on her lips with anticipation, wondering what it would look like, knowing she would probably love it once she was done.

Yumi had been doing this for a long time, she hadn't exactly stated how long, but if Kiyoshi had spent his entire life being a servant it only meant growing up together was working together for the longest time. It was sad to think of doing nothing but work for others, people who were cruel and mean, who probably slapped you if you spoke out of turn. Kate could't imagine a life like that, but in a way she and Yumi were sharing the same experience. Kate was now living a life as a prisoner, at least she thought so, she was forced to marry, move, and now be something she wasn't. If that wasn't taking someone's freedom the she did not know what was.

Yumi broke her thoughts that had wandered, yet again, back to Kiyoshi. What a deprived life he must have had, not knowing anything but this kind of work. The things he had missed out on, the things they both had missed out on! Kate suddenly felt this urge to be maternal towards them, give them things they had never had. It wasn't like she wanted these things! She loathed the money that was being thrust upon her and she was certain they would have much better uses for it than she.

Kate looked up as if this were somehow going to show her exactly what it looked like, but it felt funny and she did it on reaction, seeing two tundrels in front of her face was something she had not been accustomed to. She smiled at Yumi and turned away from her and over to the mirror where she had first seen the dress. Immediately her eyes found the difference of style, the way it looked, the way it felt, it was something that nobody would have ever worn back in America. Then again, she wasn't in America anymore, she was there in Japan.

"Oh, Yumi!" She said slightly exasperated. "Yumi! I love it!" She whipped around and smiled, her eyes slightly watering with excitement. "I do!" She wanted to touch it, but refrained. "It is unlike anything I have ever seen! It is perfect!" She smiled and slightly jogged to her and gave her a big hug. Oh how nice it was to hug someone! She hadn't done it in what felt like ages! Not even her own husband wanted to hug her! He just wanted sexual pleasure, not intimacy.

She moved back and laughed lightly. "Everyone shall be so envious!"

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:35:00 PM
"These Jap's have no idea what we are doing, do they?" Thaddeus grinned at the thought. Destroying lives was something he had come to love over the years. Their class difference aslways bringing mor crime and less suitable people into the mix. Having them swiped clean of this made more room for more prominent men and women, more money, more class, better things! This place, as far as he could tell, was absolutely horrendous both in weather, buildings, and even worse, those who inhabited it.

"We did it to the Indian's and by hell we'll do it to these foolish chinks!" The men raised their glasses at his sudden speech. They quickly talked amongst themselves, discussing how it was such a good thing to be forcing them out of their own homes to allow the wealthy to move in, a grand idea! Perfect! Wonderful! The words of encouragement from these men only allowed his chest to bustle up and swell with pride! He loved his job and even more the men who went along with it.

"Is it me or do they smell?" The men laughed as they all drank their sherry and smoked their cigars or cigarettes. "They look funny, too." They again laughed. A few men commenting on how they all sold fish and how they all wore certain shoes. Very stereotypical, but oh so correct.

Thaddeus sighed out as he sat down on the corner of his friends desk, holding his beautiful hand crafted black cane,the can in which a man had complimented him on earlier that evening. The handle was made of sterling silver in the shape of a snake head with real red ruby's placed in the eyes, the fangs made out of gold and taking the golden specs throughout the black cane. It was a magnificent creation he had bought in India. Something he prized, much like anything else expensive he had purchased on his many trips. Nothing, however, as much as his beautifully crafted machete he was to place above the fireplace at his new home.

Thaddeus sighed out, seeing the last drop of sherry in his glass. He took a drink and realized his craving for it was far more greater than he had expected. He stood up and looked at his friend, and host, Abraham.

"More sherry, my friend." The man looked over at the crystal container and scoffed.

"Those damned peasants don't know how to work! That should have been filled!" Thaddeus laughed.

"My good man, they are Jap's, they don't know what to do. Their eyes are stretched so tight they can barely see right!" The two had a very good laugh. "Do not worry. I will take care of it. You relax. I'll find someone to fill it. I do think I need a good walk after that long trip anyway." He smiled and clapped his friend on the shoulder and walked to the tray and grabbed the real crystal container and headed out of the large study, closing the tall heavy door behind him.

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:57:01 PM
Yumi smiled wide at the hug and jumped up and down slightly, in her own excitement, even though she didn't know exactly what she was excited about. She was just excited that Kate was excited. She knew they would be good friends just from the few moments they had spent together.

"You look so beautiful, Kate!" she exclaimed, holding her hands and spinning her a little. "Oh, how I wish I owned a dress like this!" she giggled girlishly before taking in a breath of surprise. "Oh! I forgot the shoes downstairs! I must get them. They only complete this outfit, madam!" she said.

"Please forgive me! I will return soon, I promise! Just wait here, and enjoy yourself! I think there are drinks on the table in the corner there!" Yumi said, grinning. She turned back to the door, and hurried out into the hallway, shutting the door behind her and smiling wide.

Her split socks made a small padding noise on the floor as she began down the hallway in a short stepping fashion to accomodate her yukata that was tight around her ankles. She kept her hands clasped in front of her as she reached the stairwell and started down.

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:01:52 PM
Thaddeus sighed out, annoyed that there wasn't any good servants around. Where was the help when they most needed? He raised an eyebrow and made his way out into the large lobby, hearing someone approaching from the stairs. He turned and was almost beside himself with what he saw. A magnificent creature coming down the stairs and right into his way. He smiled.

"Hello." He said lowly, putting the crystal container on a small marble top table. "You are my wife's servant?" he raised an eyebrow, eating her up with his eyes. She had too many clothes on! What was it with the Japanese and all those clothes? He seriously would not mind taking them off one by one. He had to laugh at this thought. Not even his wife could match her beauty, and he had sworn that he had the most beautiful woman in the world!

"Looking lovely. Might I ask how things are coming along?"

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:04:50 PM
Yumi's eyes widened when she saw the tall, forbidding man. She bowed lowly to him when she recognized him as Kate's husband. She straightened and nodded gracefully, keeping her chin lowered so as not to seem as if she thought herself on the same class as he.

"Yes, Master Benjamin," she answered quietly. "I have only come down to retreive something for Mistress Benjamin," she said to him, not wanting to say too many words. She took note of the glass he had set down and she motioned softly towards it.

"Might I get you more drink, sir?"

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:07:38 PM
He smiled. She was apparently keeping things simple and sweet, he loved it. He walked close to her, so close he could smell the perfume his wife had been wearing earlier. A nice thought crossed his mind, the two together, not bad at all. He smiled evilly and almost backed her up against a wall, enjoying how he towered over her and caused her to hunker in fear.

"Drink?" He raised an eyebrown and glanced over his shoulder and then back down at her. "No, dear." He touched her chin and tilted her head up. "Look at me, lovely." He said demandingly soft.

"Tell me," He said raising an eyebrow. "What is your name?"

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:11:32 PM
Yumi's good feeling immediately evaporated when she almost made her back press against the wall with his closeness. She could smell his expensive American cologne at this close proximity.

And when he touched her, she wanted to jerk away. This was not what a respectful man did! At least, not in Japan! Maybe this is what they did in America. If so, Yumi never wanted to marry an American. Ever.

She raised her eyes to his, thin, and cold, and blue. They were a beautiful color, and he was a beautiful man, that much she could plainly see. But his beauty was only skin deep. She didn't even know him and just from the way he looked at her she knew he wasn't a good person inside. She swallowed a litte, looking away breifly, her hands wringing in front of her.

"Chiguse Yumi, Master Benjamin..."

Thaddeus Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:17:53 PM
He laughed. The fear resonated from deep within her brown eyes. That or something he could not identify.

"Yumi." He stated plainly, arogantly. "What a magnificent creature you are." He stated lowly, examinging her as if she were to pass some sort of quiz. He approved, far more than he normally would have had it been someone else. She was beautiful, youthful, bright, things he could have seen in his wife, but certainly the beauty was not matched, although close proximity, nothing was as beautiful as his newfound...servant.

"You are coming with us to our new home, I hope. My wife needs someone to..tend to." He smiled. "You are just what we need." A sound coming from the other room caused him to back away from her, and he ran a hand across his forehead.

"I found some more!" Abraham's voice caused Thaddeus' to growl internally.

"Wonderful!" He said falsely wandering towards his voice, glancing over his shoulder at the girl. "I will be seeing more of you, Yumi."

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:24:05 PM
Yumi all but fled into another room as soon as the man left her. She ran into the back room of the downstairs, the servant's eating room to find the box with the shoes in it. She spotted Kiyoshi across the room and she ran over to him, grabbing the front of his clothing. He looked down at her, surprised.

"What is it, Yumi?!" he asked. She shook her head, bowing to the servant he was with.

"I just want you to watch out for me when we go to the Benjamin's home! I don't trust that man! He frightens me!" she cried, looking at him fearfully. He looked adorably clueless--as he often did when someone spoke to quickly to him--and she waved a hand in front of her face. "Just look after me!"

Leaning over, she snatched up the box with the shoes and then bowed to Kiyoshi and the two others in the room.

"Yurushi watashi, kudasai!" she exclaimed before taking back out of the room and hopping up the stairs as quickly as she could, running down the hall, wanting to get back in the presence of the woman who made her feel safe. She opened the door, and stepped in, backing up against the door to shut it, taking a few long deep breaths. She looked up to where Kate was and smiled a little.

"Sorry! I met a friend on the way down..."

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:15:14 PM
Katherine had been admiring herself, she couldn't help but feel sexy. She hadn't thought she looked bad, she had somehow gotten self confidence while growing up with her family, but since she began mingling with everyone outside of her circle, more like Benjamin's, she began to have second thoughts, until now.

She smiled as she glanced as far back as she could to view the back of her dress. It was perfect and she loved how she felt perfect too. Especially with the added asian spice that Yumi had thrown in.

The door opening caused her to be a bit startled, but Yumi's voice and face made her quickly smile and laugh. "That is quite all right! I was...admiring the bow and my hair. You did a good job!" She said as she walked over towards her.

"Friend, you say?" She smiled. "Boy friend? Girl friend?" She bit her lower lip, somehow feeling as if she had known her all her life. Thank god they got along so well!

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:19:56 PM
Yumi grinned, trying to forget about the incident with the woman's husband. She walked over, opening the box with the beautiful, dainty shoes in them. She pulled them out and set them on the floor. Straightening and shaking her head.

"Oh no, it was Kiyoshi. He was on his way down to the kitchens. They need more sherry downstairs. We hadn't talked in about two weeks, so I am afraid our mouths got the better of us!" she laughed, motioning for Kate to step into the shoes. Then she looked up and nodded.

"And thank you! The last house I served in I took care of the eldest daughter, who was a little younger than me. We always liked to fix eachother's hair. And her mother liked to teach me all sorts of things I could do with my hair," Yumi explained, being comforted by the fond memories. Then she giggled. "She was always trying to get her son to like me!" she said, giggling a little more. She shook her head again.

"Do they fit?" she asked, motioning to the shoes. "I hope so!"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:26:27 PM
Kate smiled, listening to her. She didn't know why but something about her voice was very calming. It was soft, airy, very kind and she had an even prettier face to go along with it.

"Hmm?" She stated at the end of her question of whether they fit, her mind was too clouded with thoughts of Kiyoshi and her. Those two were very easy to get distracted by! She smiled and looked at her shoes.

"Oh they fit wonderfully! Thank you!" The small clock in the corner of the room rang out and gave her quite a start. She frowned and glanced over to see it was six o' clock, within a few minutes she had to be downstairs and prepared to act prim and proper for the false crowd of people. She sighed out and bent down and helped Yumi off the floor at her feet.

"Thank you so much for everything you've done. We have to go. Thaddeus does not like me to be late!" She looked around the room wondering if she missed anything or was going to leave anything behind, but she remembered she didn't bring anything up here to begin with. Thaddie was a very controlling man and did not appreciate late arrivals nor forgotten items. She had learned the hard way the first night they got married.

"Come on." She bit her lower lip and walked over to the door and opened it and stepped outside. Was she to wait for Yumi? Was she to just go on down? She wasn't sure, one thing she was sure about...she didn't want to go in alone, she wanted Yumi right by her side.

Yumi Chiguse
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:30:37 PM
Yumi smiled and walked out with her, rubbing her shoulder reassuringly. She walked slowly down the hall with the woman, before looking over.

"I can walk with you to the end of the stairs, but I cannot go into the crowd. It is forbidden," Yumi said, looking at her sympathetically. Kate looked like she didn't ever want to leave Yumi's side again, and Yumi could understand. With a husband like that...but it wasn't any of Yumi's business. She smiled a little.

"But I will just be in the room behind the stairs, if you need me, you are allowed to come in, we can escape up to the bedroom if you need to!" Yumi told her, reassuringly. She didn't want the woman to feel like she was alone. Yumi had felt like that too many times and she hated the feeling. So she wanted to make Kate feel as if she had friend just within calling distance. Yumi smiled wider.

"You look beautiful. They will all be so jealous of you!"

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:38:08 PM
Kate stopped dead in her tracks as the descended the stairs, her hand gripping the marble railing for dear life.

"What!?" She said at her words. She couldn't at least walk her into the room to her husband and then leave? No, that was not right! She frowned and huffed, feeling no longer safe, no longer at ease. "I cannot go in there with those people!" She was being overdramatic, she knew, but she didn't like them! Sure she only spent an hour with them, maybe a little longer, but she couldn't talk to them, she had to laugh desperately at their hideous jokes, their racial slurs, their ignorance, their intolerance, their...everything!

"Thank you." She looked at Yumi who was smiling brightly. "Okay." She said trying to breathe. "They are just people, right?" She was trying to trick herself into thinking this was a piece of cake, just mingling, right? "Okay, I will see you later. Thank you so much Yumi!" She smiled and hugged her.

"Excuse me!" Kate let go of Yumi and saw at the foot of the stairs saw Elizabeth Washington, staring up at Katherine with a look that would melt the skin off of anyone. "I am sure you are unaware...we do not talk to the servants, nor hug them!" Kate was dumbfounded, her mouth was moving to refute that statement, but the direct orders of Elizabeth for Yumi to leave immediately stopped her.

"Of course." She said in response to her. "Shall we?" She stated blandly her stomach no longer turning, her hate always boiling.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:49:08 PM
Kiyoshi was bad. But he didn't care. If he was bad then the three other servants with him were bad too.

The side door into the main room where all the mingling was occuring--the servant's entrance--was slightly ajar and he, and three others were piled on top of each other to look through and see what was going on and what was being discussed. The servant's grapevine was better than anyone's, including the snobby, snoopy upperclass women's. Kiyoshi had learned the fine art of eavesdropping and gossiping a long time ago.

So far, they had heard nothing of interest and were just sitting around the door quietly, waiting for someone to raise their voice, or say something that might be interesting. Kiyoshi crawled in front of the door and peered out into the crowd of people.

He immediately spotted Mrs. Benjamin. She was the most beautiful woman in the room. Little make up on her face made her look very natural and earthy, especially with her brown hair. He was just realizing how pretty she actually was. With her sour face she had had that morning it had been a little hard to tell. He couldn't help notice that she was tending towards keeping to herself, shadowing her husband--as was probably expected--and he felt a strange pang of pity for her. She didn't look like she had any friends whatsoever.

But his mind kept wandering to that husband of hers. Strong, and big, and rich, and snobby. Beautiful, handsome, everything a woman would want, but frightening. He was much bigger than Kiyoshi could ever dream of being and Kiyo knew that if any of the servants crossed him wrong, it was possible that they would no longer have any one of their various appendages.

Kiyo was dreading working for him, honestly. The woman he didn't mind. She was meek, kind, and quiet and seemed easy to get along with. But Kiyo hated confrontations, and knew that that man--and the anger he seemed to possess--a confrontation would not be avoidable.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:58:11 PM
Katherine swallowed the fer deep down and walked down the steps, hearing the soles hit the carpet as the main woman stood there like a toweing inferno of blistering hate. She apparently was not liking the way Katherine was treating the servants, which was ridiculous cause she was treating her with kindness. Was that how people were to not be treated? If so then she would always break the rule!

"If you would please," She pointed towards the room where everyone was gathering for their seats at the large dinner table. She heard a small whisper of a 'shh' and her attention was quickly turned to the noise. She glanced over towards teh stairs, a large lengthy table with many plants hid the door which Yumi had told her about. But through the large floor plant at the end she swore she could see a pair of eyes staring at them.

Katherine felt flushed and suddenly she wanted to just cancel dinner, say she wasn't feeling well, and go to bed, but her husband would be most displeased. It was the first time she would be cleaned up and dashing. Of course he had wanted her to make a grand entrance which was why he had bought her all those nice dresses. It made her sick to her stomach to realize she not only was his sex object but his arm candy as well. No love in this marriage what so ever.

She looked away from in the midst of the plants, figuring she saw nothing, and headed behind Elizabeth into the bright room where people were laughing and having a great time. Sadly, in the back of her mind, she knew nothing would make her feel like partying with these people.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:09:44 PM
Kiyoshi could see the obvious discomfort on her face as she moved in to where everyone was getting read to sit down and eat. Kiyoshi paused in his staring a moment to allow one of the other servants a look. But after a moment he pushed back in. He closed one eye to see better and watched them all.

"Hey!" came a bark from behind them. It was the head servant. He was standing in the doorway to the kitchen with his hands on his hips. "Nagase! Why don't you get up off the floor and do something constructive. Serve the appetizers...Yashiki, you help him. Watanabe, please get ready the main course, you will be delivering that. Everyone needs to stop lolligagging about! Chop, chop!" he exclaimed, clapping his hands annoyingly.

Kiyoshi sighed and stood up, closing the door quietly. He moved hurriedly into the kitchen where one of the older women dusted him off and gave him a blue over robe to put over his regular yukata so that he would "look like a servant instead of a dust bunny". She threw a towel at him to wipe his face while he tied a belt around his middle. After a moment, a big silver platter was set on his arm and he took a moment to balance it. He was told to give one to every person using the serving pad he had been giving.

Sighing and nodding, Kiyoshi stood up straight and waiting for his serving partner to fall in step behind him. They waited for the call that everyone was seated and ready. When it came, one of the servants stationed at the servant's entrance to the dining room opened the door, and Kiyoshi carefully moved down into the sunken dining room. He knew to begin with guests first, so he began at the closest end of the table to him.

He knew not to look up and meet anyone's eye. It was very bad form.

Katherine Benjamin
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:21:08 PM
People complimented her, made her feel dizzy yet again, but it had worn off by the time they all sat down, her husband across from her, people to her left and right sides. She couldn't remember anyone and did not care to, she just wanted to eat and get out of there. Luckily, their home would be done soon and they wouldn't have to loiter around much longer in this perpetually boring and ignorant conversation. Her husband was carrying one on about how the Japanese people were not very intelligent, did not speak very good english, and would be much better off if the planet was rid of them. Everyone at the table agreed and this annoyed her to no end.

The door of the dining room opened and people poured out, steaming hot items in their arms. Katherine's stomach growled for food, but the moment the food was being put on her plate, her stomach realized she'd pass on whatever it was. It smelled foul as well as had a green tone to it. It was a soup of some kind, something English, prim, proper, disgusting. She allowed the people to give her rolls and other objects, but she knew the roll would be the only thing she would want to eat this evening.

She glanced around as people talked amongst themselves, Katherine not talking much, but listening intently. Apparently they were still very hot of the topic of ethnic cleansing. She looked right, but was taken by surprise to see the man who had helped them off the ship. He was giving a platter to the second guest, two people away from her. Of course she knew not to be staring, but the white linens on the table just made his tanned skin tone pop out at her, a beauty unlike anything she had seen. She couldn't help but stare!

"Katherine!" She frowned and looked around to find the one who said her name. "What do you think about all of this?" She realized all eyes were on her. Her heart raced and she felt sick. She scooted in her chair and looked down at her food and then up to the many faces turned to her, all smiles.

"You all say we need to get rid of these people," She swallowed the fear. What in God's name were they asking her for? "I want to know what you all would do without them? You rely on them more so than anything. They clean your house, tend to your house, keep your estate up, make your gardens nice, they dust, they do your linens, they serve you food...what would you really do without them? Work yourself?" She laughed lightly. She looked around and those smiles were gone to sheer shock. But none of them concerned her more than the one of her husband. His eyes wide, his face red, his look very frightening.

"You...just asked-"

"Pay no mind to my wife, Abraham, she isn't the smartest woman in the world. Understand, if she were half as smart as she looks I would still be a single man." The table burst out into laughter. She frowned and looked at them all. They were actually laughing at this man's remarks? Were they really serious? Was he?

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:49:49 PM
Kiyoshi wasn't tuned into their conversation, but he was listening to what the woman had said about the servants. For a moment, he wanted to look up at her and smile, but he didn't. And then a moment later, her own husband was making a fool of her and the table was appreciating that humor.

Kiyo didn't understand foreigners. Of course, it wasn't like he knew any of the high society in Japan, but the Japanese people...their work ethic was so high, no man would feel satisfied unless he did his own work, earned his own food, fed his own family. These people...they just sat around drinking tea all day and snapping in the faces of the servants who worked themselves to deathe for them.

The world was a strange place, Kiyoshi decided as he finished serving the guests and then moved on the the master and mistress of the house. No one looked at him when he served them, it was bad form. He moved around finally to the woman and man he had helped off the boat. He served the man, and then, discreetly, as he served the wife, he gave her the most encouraging, appreciative look he could muster without being called out and beaten for looking at the guests who were too high society for him to look at.

Without a word he and the other server walked back into the kitchens, sitting down the platters. Kiyoshi turned and looked at Yashiki Ryo, the boy who had been helping him, and gave him a little disbelieving look. Of course, Yashiki didn't understand English nearly as well as Kiyo, but he understood it well enough to have known what was going on in there.

"I know," Ryo said. Kiyo shook his head and then glanced over as Yumi came trotting in. She grinned wide and he smiled back as she took his hands and squeezed them tightly.

"Kiyo-chan!" she exclaimed. "How is everything in there? How is Mistress Benjamin?" she asked, clearly anxious to know how the woman was. Kiyoshi's face soured.

"They were making fun of her for protecting our dignity. They are foul, all of them. I dread working in the house with that despicable man."

"Master Benjamin, you mean?" she said, then shuddered. "He frightens me! I fear being alone with him. Mistress Benjamin shouldn't be treated this way."

"Regardless, we have to respect them," Kiyoshi said. Then he sighed. "Come on, we have work to do."

Katherine Benjamin
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:44:57 PM
Katherine had never felt so red in the facve before in all her life. She had been in embarassing situations, felt like she was a jackass, but never had she been so humiliated. Those laughing around her made it even more uncomfortable. She hadn't felt like eating whatever they were serving as the main course, but now she was downright sick and just wanted to leave. She ate a few rolls, drank down two glasses of wine without even taking a breath before looking around to find the pompous group of people stuffing their faces, talking, drinking, be merry. For a moment Katherine was almost jealous, but the wine was actually working faster than she had expected and she was actually glad that the rolls were delicious.

She hadn't said a word since her comment on the Japanese servants and the stares she received from the others made her squirm and feel like she were on fire, then again it could have been the wine. She looked around and found the heads of the households and smiled.

"I am sorry, but I must be excused." Without much else being exchanged she stood up and placed her napkin in her plate that was almost full. She didn't glance at her Thaddeus, knowing that the look he'd be giving would cause her to sit back down and scarf down the rest of the food she wanted to regurgatate the moment she smelled it. katherine, a little tipsy, slightly leaned to the right, her hip hitting against a small silver cart, the dishes on it rattling slighty and drawing everyones attention, including those three Japanese servants who stood against the wall watching over the dinner ready to serve them at a whim.

"<i>Why, Mrs. Benajmin! Are you all right?</i>" Katherine looked at her and smiled, her cheeks glowing red as she stood up correctly.

"Mm! I am fine, thank you! Excuse me..." She stepped out int othe hallway and out of their eyesight. She took a deep breath in, her stomach churning with hunger and churning from the burn she felt from the alcohol. She slightly burped and leaned against the large golden newel post that lead up the vast staircase in the lobby. She sighed out, touching her stomach.

"Jerks." She finally stated as she leaned against the post, sighing out with nervousness and everything else she was feeling. How she would love to give them a piece of her mind without limitations. She heard the people in the other room laugh lively, someone saying something humorous, probably at the expense of someone else. She roled her eyes wondering if they were making fun of her or the servants. Oh, the servants how they were probably the butt of every joke.

Katherine's heart jumped when she thought of the young man she had found very beautiful. If she wasn't slightly drunk, she would have sworn he had given her a look that was appreciative of what she had said. Her cheeks flushed as she thought of his face again. How beautiful.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:18:45 PM
Kiyoshi was coming out of the kitchens to retrieve something from downstairs when he saw what appeared to be a little bit drunk woman stumbling out of the dinner room. He cocked his head a little, creeping around the stairwell. He waited for a moment before speaking up.

"Madam, do you need help upstairs? Is there a servant you need to help you?" he asked, lifting his eyebrows a little as he bowed just slightly.

He noted that it was Miss Benjamin, the woman who had been getting made fun of earlier that evening when he had gone in to serve the dinner. He watched her for a long moment, waiting to see if she was alright before he went about his chores.

Katherine Benjamin
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:33:41 PM
Katherine never was struck sober in all her life up until she heard the thickly accented voice of a young man. She turned around, rather quickly for her well being and she almost toppled to the ground, but the post and luckily the man's arm, helped her remain on her feet. She felt her cheeks flush and she immediately let the man go, knowing it was not very proper for her to do such a thing.

"I...I...I..." She couldn't even construct a proper sentence. Either she was incredibly drunk or this man's precensce just made her go dumb. She looked up at him and gave him a faint smile, followed by a young laugh that only a girl her age could make and bowed her head slightly. "Sorry." She said lowly.

"I think I can manage, but you wouldn't mind helping me up the stairs would you? Just...just in case?"

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:40:20 PM
Kiyoshi panicked a little when she nearly fell on her face in front of her. But luckily, she grasped his forearm and he held onto her hand to keep her from it. She pulled her hand away, her cheeks getting a little flushed from the action. After a moment, she said that she wanted him to help her up, just in case.

Nodding, he moved up next to her and gently took her elbow. He planted his foot on the stairs and waited for her to get her balance. He wanted to ask her how much wine she had had, but refrained, just keeping quiet and letting her go her own pace. He was just there for her to lean on if she needed him.

Thaddeus Benjamin
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:59:01 PM
He heard that little laugh he always remembered hearing, it wasn't the kind he was used to hearing, it was airy, nice, light hearted, <i>flirtatious</i> he scowered to himself, under his breath of course so nobody at the table could hear his displeasure of that woman's faint laughter that he himself only wanted to hear.

"Excuse me one moment." Thaddeus stood, bowing slightly at the hosts and wandered out into the hallway, holding his tongue before he could call out for his Poodle. He looked around, faint footsteps bringing his attention to the end of the lobby and to the stairs that were carpeted in red vibrant velvet. High class at its best, for a moment he had a mind to put it in his newest house, but decided that wasn't what his brain was wanting to find out at that exact moment in time.

Thaddues, clenching his jaw as best he could at hearing his wife laugh like that, it echoing in his mind more so than it was in the hallway. He lifted his eyes at the stairs seeing two backs, one of his finely shaped love the other of a tall, rail thin...chink! His face grew warm with anger, but that was not the worst of what he felt at that exact moment. When he saw the man's hand slightly touch the small of her back to help her up the stairs, he was ready to tear the world apart.

He rubbed his palm over his nose and mouth, wiping the sweat that came from his pores, looking back down the hallway towards the dining hall, his mind trying to not think red, but think of what the guest's and host's might think if he were to cause a scene. He sighed out, looking down at his can, spinning the handle for a moment to allow his mind to put things in order and in proper thought. He sighed out and nodded to himself and walked back into the dining hall.

"I am sorry, my wife, I fear, the alcohol has gotten to her youthfulness." The room laughed lightly. Some requesting an answer as to whether or not she was okay or if they were to not allow her anymore while they stayed, he smiled and shook his head.

"I will be returning to the study for a dessert cigar. I am going to make sure she is put to bed. I will return. Pardon me." He clicked his heels together as Englishmen did and turned on his heel, wandering up the stair like a snake in the grass, slowly, cautiously, silently. He kept his thoughts, now, on the man who was touching his wife in, what he felt, was the most inappropriate manner! How dare he! It should have been her servant! That little...Japanese...oh! The anger! Thaddeus, after having a word with the little Jap, would seek her out and give her a piece of his mind for leaving his wife unattended.

He heard Katherine saying something thoughtful to the young man, Thaddeus hugged the wall and peered over the corner, watching his young wife holding a small grey silk satchel, giving the man a shilling, requesting he take it anyway, despite his refusals. Thaddeus slit his eyes, the little tramp was giving him money! How dare she....

He watched the door close and he took this time to approach the man.

"Lovely, isn't she?" He stated with a smile, anger being repressed as he exerted kindness and warmth to the young man.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:07:29 PM
But Kiyoshi was not easily fooled. His knack for reading people showed him that the man--and Englishman who protected what was his--was not happy about what Kiyoshi had just done. Kiyoshi bowed lower than usual, offering the money back to him.

The question must have been a trick. He would probably be in more trouble if he said she was beautiful, but in the same amount of trouble if he said she wasn't. So instead, he figured silence was the best answer to his question.

The man exuded a sex appeal and command that Kiyoshi had never before witnessed in any of the foreigners that came through his part of the world. Most of the men he had served had been American, cowboys a few of them, come to seek out the pleasures of the orient, most with better manners. This man however, not only had the manners and the looks, he had a coat of sick sweetness that belied a kind of evil that Kiyoshi sensed.

He knew it would be better for everyone, if he just obeyed whatever the man told him.

Thaddeus Benjamin
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:14:57 PM
"When someone asks you a question, you are to retort." He walked closer to the man, bowing down as if he were a king, flattered, of course, he gave a stifled grin and a snort for a laugh. He rolled his eyes dramatically and waved a hand.

"No, no, keep it. I am sure you, of all people, need it." He sighed out and looked at him, he wanted to face his competition, for he was considering him as such. "Look up here..." He coldly stated, wanting to look him in the eye.

"If I were you....I would stay away from Mrs. Benjamin from now on. It is in your best interest, understood?" He looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Can you understand what I am saying to you? Should I spell it out for you in rice? Would that make you talk to me?" He laughed lightly at his own sting of a sentence. He felt proud of himself, all that was unearned. He tapped his cane on the floor and looked up at him after a moment.

"If I catch you with her again, no matter what, I will be sure that the consequences you shall face will be brutal. So much so, your children will feel it, as well as your childrens chidren, so on, and so forth." He almost was standing right on top of the young man, trying to strike the wrath into his heart like he had never felt.

"Go on. You smell like fish." He waved a hand at the man as he curled his upper lip, snarling at him. "Shoo." He said condescendingly, grabbing the door handle and walking in, slamming the door, not caring who heard the arguing that was to come.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:23:58 PM
Kiyoshi faced him when he told him to leave the woman alone, faced him to show him he wasn't afraid. Kiyoshi knew better than to speak. No matter how a master told a servant to speak, one never should. Kiyoshi had learned that long ago. He watched the door slam, said something very rude to it in Japanese and then hopped back downstairs to the kitchens.

Kiyoshi was now dreading having to work underneath that man. Work for him, do his chores for him, take care of that huge house of his. It was not something Kiyo wanted to do. The man was foul. He was beautiful, and rich, and pampered, and elegent, and kind...to a point. But Kiyo now knew enough to know that that perfection only went so far.

He wondered how such a woman as Miss Benjamin could have ended up with such a snake. It was unfathomable.

---

Later that night, as the festivities were wrapping up, Kiyoshi stepped outside to smoke a cigarette he had gotten from one of the higher servants who had lifted it out of the bedside drawer of their mistress, who kept a pack in there, but never smoked them and would never know they were gone. The smoked hovered in a cloud over he and his companion, a twenty-three year old servant who had been serving in houses since he had been eleven.

Kiyoshi had been running up and down all evening since the run-in with the Mister Benjamin, and had, so far, managed to see neither he nor his wife the rest of the evening. Which was all for the better. Kiyoshi had decided that he would not hang around with that woman unless Mr. Benjamin was in the room, and that would only be to serve tea or something harmless. No more contact.

If Kiyoshi could help it.

Thaddeus Benjamin
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:36:22 PM
Thaddeus hissed as he stepped out of the bedroom, the entire house almost silent and darkened. He had been gone for quite some time and it was safe to assume that it was no longer time for cigars and sherry. He lingered out into the darknened hallway, the only thing he could see was that of the small electric lamps on the walls, sconces of high value and low lighting. He made his way down the stairs, knowing that it was past bed, but he was now needing to find that girl servant of Katherine's to let her know that, from this moment forth, she was to be with her whenever she was alone. He rubbed his hand, it hurting from where it had come in contact with Katherine's jaw, he hadn't expected it to hurt him as much, but he was at least glad that had shut up his wife and made her hunker away in a corner, fearing for her life, which was exactly how he wanted it to be. Establishing the head of the household feeling early on made sure that in the future she would never talk back to him, never disobey, and always be what he wanted her to be. The girl was still young, so a few hits were bound to come.

Thaddeus sighed as he walked into the lobby and towards the dining room, walking into the dark room the reminents of dinner still lingering in the air. He sighed out as she walked through the double doors that lead into the hallway that, eventually, led him down a pair of small stairs. He could hear people, all speaking in their annoying language. He scoffed to himself as he managed to make his way down into the cold dungeon like basement, low lights being seen in the hallway as he made his way closer to the festivities he heard.

The hallway was cramped, small, wooden, low lamps hung from the ceiling shining light where there was no window, he smelled something awful, he couldn't place it, but he realized that the Japanese were filthy and he was shocked his Host's would allow them to live in such disgust. Then again, he'd want them to be as far away from him as possible, allow them to live in their filth six feet under, like they were now.

He walked into a small room where he saw a small table in the middle with many Japanese people sitting around it, no seats, on their knees or behinds, smoking, laughing, but at the sight of him their happiness went away and almost all of them stood.

"I need to see a young girl," He stated loudly, slowly in case they wouldn't understand. "Stupid name...uh...Yumi Chiguse? Something to that ridiculously effect. I need to speak with her at once."

Yumi Chiguse
Apr 9th, 2007, 08:16:41 AM
Yumi heard someone say her name from the dinner room. She was in the kitchens with Kiyoshi, catching up with him, laughing and twittering as they ate with the other teenagers, all of them catching up on the things that mattered to the younger generation. They didn't care much for the conversation of the adults, who spoke of the latest Geisha taking the bigger cities by storm, the patrons that were interested, they talked of the crops and the neew buildings being built in the towns, and the migration of the westerners to their corner of the Earth.

Of course, the teenagers understood these matters, and could all speak educatedly about them. But they didn't like to linger on them too long.

Yumi glanced up. She smiled around at them, and then shook her head.

"Shisurei, kudasai," she said, pushing herself to her feet and fixing her yukata around her legs. As she fixed the bands holding back her sleeves, an older man, Hitei--a man who had wanted to court Yumi for a long time--knocked on the door and leaned inside.

"Chiguse-chan! Someone is here for you," he said, waving is hand. She nodded, hurrying over. She stepped down into the room, sliding into her shoes. She looked up, and was frightened when she saw it was the man who had spoken to her earlier, Mr. Benjamin. She paused for a moment, unsure if she was going to go over to her. The men and older women in the room watched her closely. One of the elder women scowled a little.

"Chiguse! Go to him. You must not daddle like that, what will he think?" she said. Yumi nodded.

"Hai," she said. She hurried around the table, and went over to him. She bowed breifly before moving out into the hallway behind him, not wanting to speak in front of the others. She turned and looked at him, bowing again. "Yes, Mr. Benjamin?"

Thaddeus Benjamin
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:01:29 PM
Thaddeus gave a small scoff, under his breath of course, as he exited the room with Miss Yumi, he had had a thought of what he was going to say to her as he made his way down to the basement he was in now, but the moment he stepped into the hallway with her, he grinned, not really remembering what it was he had thought of.

"Evening." He said lowly, leaning slightly on his cane before leaning forward, towards her, closing space between the two. "I say, you look dashing in any light my dear." He titled his head to the left, his blue eyes scanning from her dark raven colored hair, to her beautfiul opals of brown, then on down to her feet, her small feet that he would love to get his hands on to rub. She was so dashing it was amazing. If only Katherine had this much beauty.

He lifted his hand and brushed a small stray from her hair, pushing it behind her ears lovingly, grinning slightly as he continued to survey her appearance. "So sad..." He said lowly, continuing to touch her face, her chin, her hair, anything in a manner that was other than discreet and acceptable.

"You coming from such a long line of heathens...you ought to try and get away from them, you'd make such a beautiful wife." He bit his lower lip, keeping back his grin and his perverse thoughts. He drew in a deep breath and let out a small roll of laughter.

"I have a request..." He raised his eyebrows, his brain working properly again. "Don't leave my wife unattended at parties. The alcohol consumption is not very good for her." He frowned and nodded. "She, uh, she was inappropriately touched by one of your kind. I think it was the man who was talking with you."

"Be sure that people know I do not approve of men wooing my wife. I am the only one allowed to woo."

Yumi Chiguse
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:07:28 PM
Yumi wasn't sure what "woo" meant, but she knew that she didn't like the way this man was touching her. Touching her like they were intimately involved. She wanted so badly to jerk away and tell him not to do that, but she didn't dare.

"Nagase Kiyoshi, Master," she said, bowing lower than normal for Kiyo's sake. "I will tell him, and I will keep a close watch on your wife," she said, not being able to resist stressing the word just a little. Even though wives didn't always mean that much to men in Japan, she knew good and well, that the culture of England and America tended to call for one wife and to be faithful to her. If it meant this man would leave Yumi alone, she was ready and willing to adopt that lifestyle.

"Thank you for your compliments," she was sure to stick on. "You are most kind..." she straightened. "I will tell Nagase-san immediately."

Thaddeus Benjamin
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:26:00 PM
Thaddeus grinned to himself, listening to her words, watching how she was acting, it was apparent she wasn't very keen on what he was doing which was fine by him, the more they struggled, the more entertaining it was to him. Oh how much he loved being able to strike fear into people's heart, almost gives him a power unlike any other, save for God Himself. He let a small grin slide across his face, glancing down at the young woman.

"Nagase Kiyoshi, I have learned so far that you say your names backwards? I assume his first name would be Kiyoshi?" He nodded, as if he had answered himself despite not truly knowing the answer, but he was a quick learning and picked up on things quickly.

"All right." He said lowly, leaning down to the young Yumi and he put his mouth right by her ear. "Please make sure this warning is not taken lightly," He looked out the side of his eye as he spoke lowly, harshly. "I never want him to touch her in any way or else I will, and I do mean will, kill him. I will also make sure that you are held personably responsible for his immediate death. You would never work in this hell hole again. Understood?" He leaned back slightly and gave her a soft, butterfly kiss on her cheek.

"Always a pleasure." He turned quickly and walked away from her, pleased with his conversation, pleased that he was able to cause such a reaction out of these people. How disgusting they lived, how he must change them once they moved into their own house. Thank god, it was to be done soon.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:59:10 PM
Kiyoshi not only got the message loud, it came to him crystal clear too. And from the moment Yumi had told him what the man had said, he had kept a very fair distance from the woman, unless Mr. Benjamin had her on his arm and Kiyoshi was passing them on his way somewhere else.

By the time the servants began packing things away into the special luggage cart to take it to the Benjamin's finished house, Kiyoshi was worn out by the cramped space of the Benjamin's servants and the other's servants all crammed into servant's corridors fit for half their size. Kiyoshi would be glad when they got out of there, but he was sure the work was only just beginning.

Not only did Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin have a lot of stuff, it was all to be packed just so. Kiyoshi was following the orders of the head servant who said he knew how they wanted everything packed away. Kiyoshi was driving the carriage the Mister and the Missus would be driving in, and another older servant would be driving the cart behind them. It was sure to be a sight, Kiyoshi was just glad that the trip was going to be short. Also that it was not raining, and the Missus didn't have to worry about getting her precious gowns filthy.

Kiyoshi's opinion of these two people had soured considerably from how it had begun. The man was insufferable, and the woman allowed him to be, to her, and to everyone else around them. But Kiyoshi was learning to not care. As long as he did his job, and kept away from them, all would be well...he just hoped it would stay that way.

"Nagase-kun! Push that up a little higher. There. That's better...alright, that's everything. I'm going to send Chiguse-chan up to fetch the woman, assuming her pig of a husband will allow us to get on our way," the head servant said in Japanese to the servants, turning to bow to Mr. Benjamin who was standing right next to him. Bowing politely, the head servant went off to fetch Yumi.

It was those times that Kiyoshi could smile and be happy that Mr. Benjamin didn't understand their language.

Katherine Benjamin
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:59:42 PM
Katherine had never been so controlled in all her life and it was, to say the least, very detrimental to her health, mental health that was. She was so sick of being there, tired of those generous host's, their ridiculous attitudes, their pompous ways, their inability to communicate properly with their servants. Snapping their fingers at them whenever they needed to be served annoyed her more than anything, luckily she would be able to be a better boss, although that word never suited her well. Katherine never wanted to be called anything else than simply 'Katherine.' No need to be formal when they were living in her home and helping her with certain things, although she honestly wasn't sure how on earth they'd need other people to help them. She was a hard working girl, she was used to do things for herself, except perhaps cook and put on dresses. Katherine wasn't really good with change and so far this whole change of scenery, it was quite sad for her.

Luckily, today, the weather had been brilliantly wonderful. The grass on the rolling hills was so pure, so green and fresh that, when the wind swept across the land, it looked blue and it rolled as if it were waves of the ocean. The coold breeze brought the smell of fresh earth, iris's, and that of peony. For someone who loved the outdoors and loved plants, she could do nothing but enjoy this kind of view and weather, however, there was a flower she found herself particularly longing for that reminded her of home. She sighed out as she wandered around her large, overly so, room. The new home was nothing short of brilliant, she didn't like it to say the least, but she was quite surprised that she ended up loving her own bedroom.

Apparently, Thaddeus could listen to her afterall. Bright yellow and white walls, cherry wood canopy bed, a cherry vanity, everything she had asked for. Unfortunately, there had been no lock placed on her door which meant Thaddeus had access to her room at any given time. Katherine had been pondering on it for quite some time since they had gotten to the house. She was sure Thaddeus was either bossing people around or rolling around on his nice new study's floor naked. After a moment of sheer concentration and clever thinking she crossed the room, away from the window, and grabbed the crystal door handle and shut the large door. She walked swiftly to her vanity and grabbed the small chair and walked back to the door and gently placing it under the door handle then jerking it upward. She stepped back a moment then quickly grabbed the cold door handle and tried to pull it open, seeing that door had jammed. A smile crossed her face.

"You aren't as clever as you think, Thaddeus." She said to herself before her attention went to the window.

Katherine heard a few Japanese words carry into her room and, out of sheer curiosity, she managed to wander back to the window she had opened the moment she entered her bedroom. The French inspired windows were tall with many sqaure window panes allowing lots of light, and it had two windows that opened outwards. She bit her lower lip as she leaned against the white painted frame and touched the small centerpiece in the middle of the window, squinting her eyes slightly from the bright sun shining down on the yard. It faced out from the back of the house, below her being the small entry way to the servant's quarters. Something else she was happy with was the fact that the rooms for them had been rather spacious, enough room for her only friend Yumi to wander about with her friends. She briefly grinned at the thought of her face, but it was wiped off when more Japanese was uttered.

It was a scream of laughter coming from someone and before she knew it her heart jumped when a small group of three walked around the back holding small bags, which were their things she figured. Two she hadn't seen before, but one being that of the man who had helped her up the steps. She blushed and closed her eyes with embarassment. How stupid he must've thought she was! Stupid American probably. Katherine gnawed on her lip yet again, watching them, well mainly the young man. She couldn't remember his name...Yoshi-something? Kiyoshi! She had a mind to smile, but didn't. She was too fascinated with watching him, like some bird watcher. He laughed, talked so fast, goofed around with his fellow friends...it was something she hadn't seen the workers do, but it made her laugh and forget about her problems with tonight. Thaddeus was holding a large ball to celebrate his arrival, to celebrate the future plans of this small Japanese village, and to celebrate the fact that he was allowed to celebrate in general. A ball with every rich person he knew attending tonight, she didn't know how she was going to manage.

Kiyoshi Nagase
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:13:41 PM
Kiyoshi and his friends who were also working there, had packed some of their things up and were moving them into the servants' quarters, which were much more spacious than the ones in the other house. Kiyoshi shared a room with another two other male servants--twenty-three year old Ryoki Hajimaru, an energetic man who loved life, even when it wasn't so great--and Sojo Ko, who was half-Chinese, and didn't talk much, but got along swimmingly with Kiyoshi and Ryoki.

They'd been given most of the day to settle in, get things in all working order. But Kiyo and his roommates had been finished moving in for quite sometime. Now, they were observing the plantation, looking over the gardens, and the long, flat, green feild out behind the house. Kiyoshi liked this area, and always had. He smacked Ryoki's arm, pointing out an imperfection in the stone wall that lead down to the servants' quarters.

"I think Mr. Benjamin will throw a fit when he sees that. Will have half the servants out here to fix it," he said in Japanese, laughing out loud. Ryoki nodded.

"Yeah, all for his little Poodle," Ryoki said, using the English word in an exaggerated fashion, and waving his hand pompously. Ryoki liked to make fun of the white people because they moved so strangely. Kiyoshi laughed, pushing him a little. His eyes followed the side of house up a little ways, until suddenly, he saw a woman peering out from her window, her hair blowing a little in the breeze. Kiyoshi watched her for two heartbeats longer than he should have, before looking back ahead of him and continuing on with his friends towards their room.

Anymore looking at Mrs. Benjamin, and Kiyoshi would be in distinct trouble of actually finding her one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen in his life.

Katherine Benjamin
Apr 12th, 2007, 10:56:54 PM
The rest of the day she had been thinking of Kiyoshi. Since he had looked up at her window to find her there, staring down at him with great intriguement. To her shock he had stared back allowing her breath to be taken away for a moment. She had almost had her mind tricked into believing he saw her and was actually looking back at her, but she knew she was probably being silly. Upon recalling his name and after he had gone back to doing whatever it was he and his friends were doing she had gone over to her vanity and grabbed her small journal from a drawer. She had written his name down <i>kee-o-she</i> as the way she said it, rather than how it might have been spelled. With reading Encyclopedia's she knew her spelling would have been off.

The whole day through she got a small rush of excitement when recalling his face when he looked upward at the window, sometimes she'd lose her breath when thinking it, other times she'd grin, but mainly she just thought of him when she wasn't wanting to think of what she was preparing for now. She heard a small six or seven peace band downstairs practicing for the festivities later on. Katherine had no idea how he got the little jazz band there, but she figured it wasn't any of her concern. She was just glad that she hadn't seen her husband except once, to tell her what dress to wear that night and how to behave herself. Now, she was wandering around her room, watching the sun set, and waiting for Yumi to come and help her dress for this ridiculous party.

Yumi Chiguse
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:22:57 PM
Yumi had to finish a few tasks before she went up to help Mrs. Benjamin with her clothes, but once she had, she was able to wash up, tie back her sleeves and head up.

Her feet padded quietly on the floor as she mounted the stairs and walked quietly upward, her mind wandering off to other places as she looked up and down the hall, trying to remember the floor plan that the head servant had shown her. They were supposed to memorize it, but she had been too busy to do so at that particular moment, but now she was hurting to remember where the woman's bedroom was.

After a moment, she decided to go right and found herself to eventually be correct. The house was so huge that it took her four or so minutes to walk all the way down one hallway to the last bedroom on the left. Glancing up at it, she knocked lightly.

"Mrs. Benjamin?" she said, her voice light and accented. "It's Yumi, I'm here to help you dress."

Katherine Benjamin
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:30:23 PM
The sound of Yumi's voice brought Katherine's attention to the door she had jammed shut, fearing she'd be walked in on while in her white calve length bloomers and matching fallen shoulder camisole. Her alone in her room wearing her undergarments would surely have meant her husband would never leave her alone. She stood up from her vanity, laying down her ink pen and closing her leather covered journal, and quickly walking across the oriental rug to the door, pulling away the vanity chair from underneath the handle. Having moved the wingback chair from the corner of the room made quite a writing chair and better height to see herself in her vanity mirror. She grunted as she grabbed the arms.

"Just a minute!" She said with another grunt, hearing the wooden legs scratch against the bare wooden floor. She sat it aside and sighed, pushing a fallen strand of curled hair before grabbing the door and cracking it slightly to allow her friend into the room without anyone passing by to see her in her knickers.

"Sorry, I have to make a temporary lock until I have a moment to have someone put one in." She laughed lightly as she closed the door and quickly moved the chair back to its position under the door handles. "I am sure it isn't very good for the door, nor the floor..." She barely looked at the small mark she had just made by the hard surfaces rubbing unkindly with each other. "However," Katherine continued with a grunt and another low screech across the floor "...it is worth it." She sighed out once she felt it was secure and turned around to face Yumi, a small bead of sweat on her upper lip from the work in a flash she rubbed it off. "Warm night." She sighed out as she glanced at her open window's, showcasing nothign but a bright moon and the indigo sky, nothing like she saw back in New York, she looked back to Yumi and gave her a warm smile.

"I am trying to keep this marriage chaste for as long as possible!" She giggled, her conversation seeming to jump from thing to thing. She closed the space between the two quicky and walked over to Yumi throwing her arms open and embracing in a hug.

"It's been forever since I have seen you. Tell me, how are the workers managing? Are they all right? Do they need anything? I am sure I can get whatever you all need! Lamps? Candles? Incense? Hmm?" She felt like she spoke a mile a minute without ever stopping, her excitement never failing to cease whenever around Yumi. "I can get you whatever you need, you understand? Beds? Blankets? Food?" She realized her chatter and she backed away from Yumi.

"I am sorry." She said lowly. "I haven't talked to anyone for hours! I've literally locked myself in my room hiding from the Master." She rolled her eyes before looking back at Yumi with a confident grin. "I just want you all comfortable."