PDA

View Full Version : Character

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 01:46:01 PM
Hey, this is my first post. :)

I'm wondering where I would post a profile for my character (description, equipment, blah blah blah) on this site. Could anyone tell me?

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:00:54 PM
For SW characters we don't have a set place cept right here! So go on and post your information for us to take a look :D

Oh, and welcome to Sw-fans :)

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:21:01 PM
Thanks! So, I post my character profile right here? Like, in this thread?

Sorry if I'm kind of confused. O_o

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:26:59 PM
yes you can, or another post in this forum if you'd like to keep them separate. This could be your welcome I'm new thread, and the other can be your Character BIO thread.

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:27:53 PM
Kay. Thanks again.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:30:54 PM
Welcome aboard :) Looking forward to seeing your profile.

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:48:57 PM
Thanks! It's done, anyway. Hope I did OK on it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:22:53 PM
Welcome to Swfans!

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:23:08 PM
I don't quite understand the group system that this site works under. I can see well enough that there are people who are Jedis, Sith, mercenaries, smugglers, ect., but I don't understand how your character ends up in one of these groups and what their "point" is. As in, what do they do, other then that being your character's faction?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:33:03 PM
Mercenaries and smugglers are not really a faction, persay, but only loosely belong together under the heading of "Independant."

We have two main Force groups - The Jedi Enclave, and The Sith Order. To join either you would contact the moderators of that group board via PM or post in their OOC forum about becoming a member. Then they will help you figure out how you're meeting up with them, or maybe tweaking a bit of the backstory to help your character 'work' with them a little better.

(Groups and Moderators (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showgroups.php))

Groups provide IC (in character) training for your character, which if you a Rebel or an Imperial might mean your character can progress from being a stormtrooper or an X-wing pilot to being a General or an Admiral with your own flagship. For a Force sensitive character the only way to go up in skill/rank (from apprentice/padawan to knight or master) is through training from another character, which you would be set up with through the group.

Does that answer your question?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:34:02 PM
You can end up as part of a group many ways really. It just depends on how you want your characters story to unfold. I suppose the factions are just storytelling devices, more than anything. They give your character a goal of sorts.

Say for example if you're a member of the Rebel Alliance, you're more likely to become involved in conflict with the Galactic Empire than if you're just an average citizen. Opposing factions will also plan campaigns against one another, whether they be space battles (Rebels vs. Imps) or one-on-one duels (Jedi vs. Sith).

You don't need to join a group to be a part of the roleplaying here, but it can open up a few avenues :)

EDIT: What LD said is good too ^_^; I think we both covered different angles there.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:39:53 PM
High five! Teamwork!

:crack

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:47:48 PM
Thanks, both answers made it much clearer. Sadly, I don't think a Jawa would have much Force-sensitivity, so that's out. :rolleyes

I think Nilk can end up a part of the Rebel Alliance: I'll just have to figure out how.

EDIT: Alright, I think I have an idea for bringing Nilk in as a Rebel Soldier/Shuttle Jockey. Since it is illegal for Jawas to own weaponry under Imperial law, Stormtroopers in Mos Elsey attempt to arrest him when they see that he is carrying a blaster pistol. Nilk resists arrest by shooting one or two of them and then turns to flee. Because Jawas appear so much alike to non-Jawas, and tell each other apart by scent, the Stormtroopers lose him when he runs into a crowd of Jawas in the market and mingles inconspiciously, hiding his pistol in his robe. He later leaves the city and heads out into the desert, where he comes upon a small Rebel outpost.

-----

Would that be acceptable?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:25:54 PM
The Alliance is where all the cool kids are :cool

... but don't forget you can go the Independent route too and be, well, anything pretty much. Don't feel limited to joining one of the main factions, though I'm sure any of them would be happy to have you :)

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:34:12 PM
I don't feel limited, but I'd prefer to have a faction of some sort and the Imperial don't even let Jawas carry weapons, let alone do any "political" work for them.

Besides, Rebels jut appeal to me more. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:35:05 PM
We are the good guys, and everyone knows the good guys always win in the end :cool

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:37:11 PM
So, does this make me a Rebel, or is there more to "getting into the club"?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:55:45 PM
Well, that depends. Do you want to roleplay becoming a Rebel? That's probably going to be more interesting than the alternative, which is just starting off as an already established member. We could arrange something whereby you have a chance encounter with a member of the Alliance, who ends up recruiting you as a result.

Nilk
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:05:59 PM
I'd like to role-play becoming a Rebel, since my character is currently just another scavenger in Mos Elsey. Teh chance encounter could be what I thought up above, where I'm nearly arrested but flee the city, or if you have another idea/plan we could do that.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:52:00 PM
It's up to you really. Whatever you want to do. We (whichever Rebels you're RPing with) can always throw some of our own ideas into the thread to add a bit of surprise to what's going on. :)

Karl Valten
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:17:56 PM
Yo, welcome to the forums. If you need an Imp to help out with any of your threads, we're always willing to help......in our own twisted way.......

Just drop a PM to any of us. If you specifically need the Inquisitoriate for a thread, Y'roth Helghast (once he gets back from vacation) and I are the people to pick on.

Hope you have fun here........even if you are a filthy rebel ;)

Nilk
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:57:44 AM
Thanks! "Filthy little rebel" being literal in the case of a Jawa like me. :cool:

Anywho, Das, I'll start up a thread in which Nilk finds himself at a Rebel outpost...pretty sure thye would have some of those in the deserts of Tatooine, but not 100%, so if it's not canonical just tip me off with a better planet and I'll edit.

I'm also gonna give my Character Bio a small edit...give Nilk the ability to speak "broken Basic" (i.e., like a 3-year-old with his mouth full). Might also give him a more Jawa-ish weapon, gonna look around Wookiepedia to see what they carried (if they carried anything o_O ).

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:05:13 AM
I think Tatooine is game for anything right now. There's bound to be some Rebels knocking about on the planet somewhere :)

Nilk
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:06:46 AM
Whoa, you reply quick.

I'll start up the thread now, decided to equip Nilk with a good ol' fashioned Jawa ionization blaster. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:08:15 AM
Haha, yeah. It's because I'm lurking on the Who's Online page, to distract myself from schoolwork that I should be doing.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:23:10 AM
Bad Sissi :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:25:54 AM
It really is typical. I have a big creative dry spell, then as soon as I try to start work on this essay my will to roleplay suddenly reappears! :rolleyes

Keeva
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:32:24 AM
heheh

and welcome to the boards, Nilk.

Nilk
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:18:11 AM
Thanks!

Most everyone here seems to role-play a human ,but you'll just have to get used to that distinct Jawa stench. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:23:08 AM
I suppose it's because there are a lot of source images for characters that look like Humans - and the fact that Humans are, canonically, the galaxy's 'most numerous and politically dominent' species. The variant Near-Human races (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Near-human) seem pretty popular too (this character, for example, is a Hapan). That way you can look normal, but have a few tricks hidden up your sleeve ;)

Nilk
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:33:13 AM
All that may be true, but...Jawas wear cool hoods? :D

Lol, really though, not trying to start a Human/Near-Human VS. Jawa debate. Just speculating. :)

...although I do still say we Jawas have a much better fashion sense.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:29:10 PM
Would you like me to start replying now or...?

Nilk
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:32:17 PM
Whenever you're ready. We're right at your doorstep. :)

Tiberius Anar
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:30:07 AM
I add my greetings to the new person. I hope you have a great deal of fun here with us. I also point out that surprises in threads a really quite a hoot, aren't they LD?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:57:00 PM
>D oh, yes, quite