PDA

View Full Version : Well.... have a good New Year's everyone....

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:32:48 AM
I cant. I broke my foot and hence I'm not going anywhere. I am NOT enjoying the enforced sitting down in the slightest

Yog
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:08:06 AM
Ouch.. sorry to hear that! I hope for a non sucky recovery.

I broke my leg once. It was my first school day in 6th grade if I remember correctly. We went skiing, and I felt especially bold / invinsible / crazy on the ski jump, leaping with all the force I could muster. Next thing I know, the laws of physics, most prominently gravity, pulled me down with equal force and I landed most ungracefully with a crash on the icy slope. Ski poles, arms and legs in some kind of bizarro yoga position. They put me on a sleigh, and I was dragged to the car, then was rushed to the hospital. It was a small crack, but nevertheless my leg was plastered. I had to walk on crutches for a month or so. All my friends wrote their signatures and funny messages on the plaster. Even though it was discomforting, I think back on that incident with a smile. My class mates used to to tease me for how "bold" I was trying to be on the ski jump and how I managed to break a leg on the very first day on school after summer break. I am not sure if my comical mishap is of any comfort, but there you are :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:38:12 AM
I will party twice as hard, just for you.

Byl Laprovik
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:43:16 AM
Break it in rally, or doing something far less noble?

I've not broken any bones despite a life of football. I drink more milk than Leon.

You should let the booze doctor write you a prescription for feelgood.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:25:14 PM
Er, can't you use crutches to get around? Just curious. Unless you broke both feet, which would suck.

I can't party too hard at all - work on New Years Day at 7 am. :x

Morgan Evanar
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:37:41 PM
What happened?!

Everyone have a good New Year, hurt or not :)

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:58:56 PM
What happened?!

Was it racing? That's dangerous and indeed I damaged a knee in the last event. But no, not that.

How about mountain biking, which is similarly dangerous? Well, taken a few nasty spills and also injuries, even on a road section was hit by a car and ended up with a decent case of concussion / cuts and bruises, but no.

Mountain climbing? So far avoided anything too bad other than sunburn

No, I was swimming. And someone jumped on my foot. Probably the one thing I do that you would least expect a breakage but no. Not happy in the slightest right now and frankly if I had done it doing the other silly things I like to do, I'd be "okay, that was coming". But having a swim?

For some reason, I've managed to injure myself far more this year than any other year. But the one that's put me out of action was the one you wouldnt think would have been a problem

JMK
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:33:05 PM
Sorry to hear it dude. I hope you make the best of it anyway. Get people to cater to you. :)

Knock on wood, but I have never broken a bone either, despite a youth filled with contact sports, and constant rough housing. I don't drink a ton of milk, I just believe that I'm superhuman. ;)

Mandy with an I
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:28:31 AM
It's all poutine, right JMK? ;)

I am working NYE and NYD, but only untill 10. Then I am going home to do laundry and lay about in pyjamas.

And I have only broken one bone in my life - my baby toe during drama class :uhoh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 31st, 2006, 02:31:40 PM
Here's to hoping your bones mend quickly :)

If it's any consolation, while never having broken either of my feet, I have had them stepped on numerous times by horses.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 31st, 2006, 02:39:36 PM
I had a horse kick me in the back once. It left a hoof print. Ouch.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 31st, 2006, 05:10:25 PM
I'm going to have a horrible, boring night with the family.

I'm bringing my iPod for the car ride.

Hopefully I'll get a drink or three in me.

Byl Laprovik
Dec 31st, 2006, 06:46:32 PM
I got my stuntaz & me & Christin are gonna get hella stupid tonight & ghost ride da whip ya heard.

Peter McCoy
Dec 31st, 2006, 09:38:42 PM
As they say in Scouseland - all the best, mates!

Had a great night - saw my friends, spent some time with the family, then went to my girlfriends' brother's for the thing that comes before Part B. Now I'm going to go to sleep.

Here's a little verse I read on the wall of my student union bar by the pool tables...

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Happy New Year guys and gals. :)

Darth McBain
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:29:39 AM
Hope everyone has a happy and safe new year... Me - I'm taking it real slow this year. I drew the short straw and have to carry our work 24-7 support pager, which means I can't stray all that far from home, and I can't drink... :( Everyone - have a round for me - and drive safely...

Yog
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:41:52 AM
I fell asleep before midnight.. :p

Happy new year all!

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:57:45 AM
and I can't drink... :( Everyone - have a round for me - and drive safely...

Alcohol is vastly overrated.

And on NYE's doings I decided to clean the house up. And I really mean clean it - I have floor again and I also have a lot of stuff properly put away. Great NYE's in fact because it was an achievement and I got heaps done, despite having to hobble everywhere. And right now I'm about to do the dishes and finish off - I really feel like this was a much better start to a year than I;ve had apart from last year in a looooooong time

Park Kraken
Jan 1st, 2007, 04:35:01 AM
I set off firecrackers last night before I went to work. For the last one I did something very stupid in hindsight, although it seemed like it would be fun at the time. I just lit a bottle rocket and randomley threw it into the middle of the street. It came back at me and exploded right next to my face. There are lacerations in my left arm and my face looks sunburned.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:44:30 AM
I had two long island ice teas.

I'm thinking there was enough alcohol in them to knock out an elephant.

Ugh, hangover from two drinks. What's the world coming to.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:56:16 AM
Oh Khendon :rolleyes

I had a really good night! I went to a big two-venue people with some people that I work with. We stayed out until about 6ish. The place we were at was open until 8 but I was too tired for anymore dancing so slunk home with some pizza for breakfast :)

All the loud singing has made my voice even more husky than it already was. My throat hurts :( but it sounds kind of sexy so I can live with that :cool

Bonus fact: the first song I heard this year was "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. An excellent start to the year :love

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:24:54 PM
I was the designated driver. Again ^_^;

Charley got himself nicely hammered on hunch punch though, and spent the drive home trying to make me kiss a stuffed duck while I ignored him and concentrated on the retardedly foggy driving conditions :)

I was too tired to drink myself when we got home, and ended up crashing out. So that just means s'Il is gonna be drunk posting tonight to make up for it :cool

Byl Laprovik
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:36:17 PM
I am not the bad guy here. We had a discussion and it was decided that Christin would be the driver. It could have very easily gone the other way. At least I don't flash inundate my system with grain alcohol at odd hours of the day and get suprised when I throw up.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2007, 01:30:37 AM
I not only didn't drink, I celebrated New Years Day by working from 7 - 12:30, and then coming home and sleeping all day because I'm sick. :cry

Peter McCoy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:10:00 AM
Hol, you party animal, you.