PDA

View Full Version : Just a note for the English posters.....

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:19:42 PM
Your team sucks at cricket. Now give us the Urn back

Signed,

Australia

(HAHAHAHAHAHA 3-0 THE ASHES ARE OURS ONCE AGAIN!!!

The sound you now hear is 20 million Aussies gloating at the Ashes massacre and English misery)

Droo
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:30:31 AM
Congratulations, you guys are once again best at one of the most boring sports in the world. :thumbup

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 18th, 2006, 11:32:38 AM
One of? I can't think of anything more boring than watching cricket... well, besides playing it, of course.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:24:43 PM
Bowling! Watching bowling is boring >_<

Playing it however is fun!

Natia Telcontar
Dec 18th, 2006, 03:52:44 PM
I actually quite enjoy watching others bowl and rather dislike to actually bowl myself.

Ryan Pode
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:03:45 PM
Golf is pretty boring to watch as are most winter olympic sports. Ice skating, Ice dancing, Scottish Ice Curling, most skiing events.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:28:15 PM
Ice Climbing is an awesome winter sport to watch. Err, they're trying to get climbing included in the Olympics. That would make me actually watch.

Hockey is another great sport to watch... well, when there's fighting.

But, yes, that thing with the sticks where those people whack the whatever thinga-ma-jigger is a very boring sport. Then again, I can't stand baseball, either.

Ryan Pode
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:38:36 PM
Hockey is another great sport to watch... well, when there's fighting.

If the Hockey game is up tempo, and not sloppy it can be very exciting to watch.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:56:42 PM
Golf is pretty boring to watch as are most winter olympic sports. Ice skating, Ice dancing, Scottish Ice Curling, most skiing events.Skiing is boring?! Holy crap man, the vast majority of skiing events are the best the Winter Olympics has to offer. Speed skating is pretty wicked too.

Ryan Pode
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:22:27 PM
Skiing is boring?! Holy crap man, the vast majority of skiing events are the best the Winter Olympics has to offer. Speed skating is pretty wicked too.

Slalom is cool, but just going down hill or the jumping it's not that great. The short distance speed skating is exciting, the long distance stuff is quite boring.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:00:17 PM
What about the one where they ski down the thingy and then pull out a rifle and shoot stuff?

Eh, I can't remember the last time I watched Winter Olympics.

Oh, and snowboarding is pretty cool.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:01:56 PM
That would be the biathalon, I believe.

Ryan Pode
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:02:15 PM
You'd think that be exciting, but its really boring. It's like watching the shooting range at Boy scout camp.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:04:59 PM
It would probably be more exciting if they were shooting at each other. I think they should use paintball guns. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:23:58 PM
Paintball as an Olympic sport! submit it! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:25:56 PM
Paintballing on snowshoes and skis. :D

Khendon Sevon
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:36:14 PM
Too bad paintball isn't that much fun to watch... You just see them running at eachother and suddenly get hit with a burst of color.

Now, playing paintball is great :) I love running through the woods (clearly not talking about speedball) and attacking bunkers and so forth. Lots of fun.

Paintball in the snow could get ugly. Frozen paintballs are just dirty and mean.

Byl Laprovik
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:42:27 PM
Speedball is more fun than paintball anyways. That way it's closer, nastier, and more brutal.

Also, Cricket confounds me. It's like Tennis. Both of these sports I doubt I'll ever really understand, no matter how many times I see a match or how many times somebody tries to explain it.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:01:49 PM
Speedball isn't as fun when you have bunch of rich punks with Angels who just win by virtue of volume. It awesome when you have more evenly matched semi-autos.

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:12:20 PM
Speedball is more fun than paintball anyways. That way it's closer, nastier, and more brutal.

Also, Cricket confounds me. It's like Tennis. Both of these sports I doubt I'll ever really understand, no matter how many times I see a match or how many times somebody tries to explain it.

You havent drunk enough VB to understand cricket.

My brother is in the UK and he had LOADS of fun today taunting poor Poms who took so much delight in 2005 in beginning the new cricketing vendetta. Payback's a bitch lads!

Byl Laprovik
Dec 18th, 2006, 10:20:51 PM
Speedball isn't as fun when you have bunch of rich punks with Angels who just win by virtue of volume. It awesome when you have more evenly matched semi-autos.

I guess. I never played it seriously, so I never really went up against anybody with Angel guns. Usually it was a bunch of dudes with Tippman 98's or something very generic and no-frills. That's probably a good thing since we beat the crap out of those guns and ran them through unbelievable amounts of muck. Our speedball games were barely controlled, and a guy was just as likely to be tackled into a puddle of water and sawdust as they were to be "surrendered". It was more like the Bad News Bears of paintball in retrospect.

I went to school with a guy who was semi-pro, and that guy had like $3000 in guns at a bare minimum. It was impressive. I can't imagine being that serious about it, but hey, everybody needs a cool hobby.

You havent drunk enough VB to understand cricket.

I don't even think World Market stocks VB, so you're probably right.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 4th, 2007, 07:24:00 PM
5 nil 5 nil 5 nil, 5 nil 5 nil 5 niiiiiil! 5 nil 5 nil, 5 nil 5nil, go back home your useless

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a great day for Aussie cricket