Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(just another regret)
Hope that you can keep it
My dirty little secret
My dirty little secret
My dirty little secret
Who has to know?
Who has to know?

Who said the Captain of the Royal Guard could not take a day off? It'd been a 24/7 job for him since the beginning and every was appalled that he would take time off now of all times. The Mandalorian Menace was inside the walls of the city, how could he take the day off? All he did was throw them a glare and then let off. No words were spoken, they let him go, because they did not dare risk receiving that glare again, for it was frightening. He could have pulled rank, he was the Captain after all, but he would have never have done that, not today. He'd been mopey all morning and he'd made up his mind to do something about what was plaguing his mind. It was an anniversary of sorts, an anniversary of pain, deceit, and lies. He had promised never to return to it, in case he was followed and it used as evidence against him, but he just could not stop himself today. He wondered if it was till there. He had to know...

The west gate opened up before him and he spurred his Boma beast mount onward with a prod of his heels. You could take the man from the Beast Riders but you couldn't take the beast rider out of the man. This was the same Boma he'd served with and on during his years in the Onderon Military. It was his only true companion, the one he could tell as his hurts, secrets, and worries to. Those that knew of it did not dare speak of it, in fear that Jecht do something to them. So the dark skinned Bakuran waved at the guards as the gate closed behind him and then sped his mount up into the boma beast equivalent of a gallop. The landscape became a colored blur as he sped through it. Anyone watching would have thought he was going out at random, heading off in a direction that they knew did not contain anything of interest. But he was not being random. He was heading for something of great interest, perhaps only to him.

It took two hours to get where he wanted. He was fortunate it was so close, otherwise he might get picked off by mandalorians or wild beasts transfered over from Dxun by the atmosphere bridge. There it lay in the ground, surrounded by fallen trees and half buried in the earth. With a bit of scraping a name was found written in bold lettering: "Shadowblade". Jecht was forced to take several steps back and climb up on a fallen tree trunk to view it all at once. The Stealth Prowler, his ship, the Shadowblade. His Pirate ship. He had crashed here on Onderon several years ago, wandered in the wilderness for a week before finally locating Iziz. The Empire had shot him down, the terrible space pirate Jecht Tar. The Empire thought him dead and Onderon had never heard of him. How fortunate he is. He had slipped into their midst as a down freighter pilot. They had never gone looking for his downed freighter, the one that didn't exist, because it there were too many mandalorians around. They had taken him in and he had never once told them the truth about himself. Most did not even know his freighter pilot story, lie rather, and just knew him as the great Onderon Soldier and Royal Guard Captain he had become. No one really cared about his past, and yet he could not forget it.

He was a murderer, a liar, a thief, and a hypocrite. There was nothing he would not have stooped down to back in those days. Some may say he found redemption by serving on the right side of the law, but somehow he did not feel that way. His memories and the torn up hole of a Stealth Prowler vessel was all that remained of his past. It was condemning evidence, and still visible from space if someone looked at the right angle. He needed to hide it, no one could ever know his secret. He would not be a criminal again, but he couldn't let anyone know about his past either. He had brought no tools so instead he heaped what loose dirt he could find over what remained of the small ship and employed tree limbs and branches to cover the rest. It would take hours, but he would do whatever it took to cover up his dirty little secret...