PDA

View Full Version : Mutant School 101

Dragon
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:19:05 PM
I'd like to open some discussion about how we might do some RPs within Dr. Cullen's Institute for Gifted Youngsters. So far we have two threads with lots and lots of participants that aren't getting too terribly far. It'd be cool to see some threads crop up with smaller groups to develop some action and relationships.

I know training/class threads have had mixed success in the past, and it might be tricky to make class-based RPs really interesting... but there could be some one-on-one or small group training for mutant powers. And there can be plenty of high school drama, late-night pranks, competitions, and the occasional training mission in the Danger Room or off-campus.

One idea to get us started. I mentioned in "Autumn in New York" that John Rhee is a "mutation counselor." In essence, he helps students explore their abilities, limits, and ethical responsibilities. If anybody with a student character would like to play out an RP with John to develop his or her powers, let me know. And if any other teachers want to take on a similar role, that's fine with me - it makes sense that the school would have multiple counselors.

On that note, it would also be handy to know what everybody teaches, for reference if nothing else. So far, off the top of my head, we have:

John Rhee (Dragon) - Physical training, self defense, mutation counselor
Johnathan Parker (Locksmith) - Applied sciences, shop, caretaker
Henri Bertrand (Veritas) - History
Rainah Selvano (Gaia) - Biology, horticulture

Ideas and suggestions welcome! :)

Adraudia Basillie
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:26:03 PM
Ethan's a jock and businessman, so something along those lines. And as Headmaster, he would also share the responsibility as John as a counselor of course :)

Artisn
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:42:17 PM
Yeah, I was hoping to throw my character in the mix with John.

Also, isn't the objective of "Autumn in New York" like an intro to most of their characters in their "new" or "old" natural habitat.

Jessa Mckenzy
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:19:41 AM
Jessa could teach Health Sciences....oh and possibly the school's nurse.

With her power being that she can extract disease and inject disease.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:38:24 AM
Francoise teaches Literature/Art Appreciation and Psychology :) She would also act as a counselor.

Mitch
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:18:26 AM
Johnathan Parker, AKA Locksmith, is a very good teacher of real-world sciences, as well as the general caretaker of the working portion of the school.

And other than Ethan, he's probably been with the X-Men the longest, and is often one of the first members to be sent out on missions.

While not much of a counselor in the "official duty" sense, he is good at listening, and observing quietly, though he'll often hand off issues to those he knows are better at dealing with them than he is. Ethan might be the headmaster, but Johnathan is quite often thought of as the Big Man on Campus, and not only for his size. Sadly, he often gets saddled with the role of disciplinarian, whether he likes it or not.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:50:59 AM
Ethan and Francoise were in the first 'class' at the Institute, so she has been around just as long I guess... though with her being quite meek she wouldn't stand out as much as Johnathan or Ethan.

Ethan Daniels
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:53:15 AM
John

:: thwap ::

How could you forget about Fran? Poor Francoise

:: comforts ::

;)

And yes, if it were not for John, Ethan probably would have put a bullet in his a long time ago in helping with the kiddos :lol

Mitch
Dec 18th, 2006, 11:06:31 PM
Heh, which John?

Artisn
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:02:23 AM
Q: Are there any NPC Counselors or Teachers out there?

Dragon
Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:01:38 PM
Hadoke-bump!

I finally posted something along these lines! John Rhee is teaching a class designed to help students explore and experiment with their powers in a controlled environment. Hopefully it should double as a way to explore and experiment with your characters, too! We can make it very informal. I'd actually prefer not to enforce a posting order. Just post when it makes sense for your character to do something.

Teachers also welcome! If it's a sizeable class, it makes sense there would be multiple teachers to help students one-on-one.

And if any students would like to do a counseling thread or something like that with John, let me know!

Tess Abrahams
Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:32:59 AM
Tess would!

Carlos Calaveras
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:17:50 AM
I can see Carlos needing counselling eventually :mneh

Dragon
Apr 28th, 2007, 08:27:44 AM
Ack, I apologize for not posting in a while. I'm trying to finish up my senior project, among other end-of-the-year concerns. This weekend is tight for me, but I'll try to get another post up soon.

Razielle Alastor
Apr 30th, 2007, 10:09:12 AM
Jacinda is going to need someone one on one methinks, she has no control over herself at all right now. So I'm game!