PDA

View Full Version : Aminn

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2006, 11:11:47 AM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15708

Just started a fight with Mandalorians... does he know what's going on or is now our peace thing now up in smoke? :|

What makes this worse is tha Aminn IS from Onderon, not a foreigner ...

Razielle Alastor
Dec 10th, 2006, 12:05:23 PM
A PM is in order? :(

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2006, 12:21:56 PM
Or as Queen I can order him to be handed over to Mandalore :mischief

or a PM ...

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 10th, 2006, 12:27:19 PM
Uh what the heck? I don't know what to do with this guy. He writes a thousand words to say he hit a guy and with what? the force? I was just going to assume that with all the mando's that they could be Legions. As the ident cards havent been implemented yet. Which is what me and Lil discussed. I was just trying to rp with a newcomer. But to many words to say something is irritating to me.. anyway.. lol.

Now heres where I voice my opinion. Nothing against the guy but I think a vivid description is better given than a thousand flowery words. His post is overy long for someone who says they attacked the Mando's and left the bar. On top of that he didn't wait for me to post? I'm up for opinions on how to deal with this guy. Any ideas?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:02:13 PM
PM. Unfortunately I don't have time.

Tell him to knock it off or we'll force him to knock it off. Since we caaan block him from seeing Onderon all together. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:07:48 PM
As I understood it, Ammin is from Coruscant, not Onderon? I don't know, he's hard to decode through all his words, as Dal said.

something to get you started on a PM:

ooc: Ammin, not to be too blunt, but you are screwing with our established story that is going on here on Onderon. Plus, there is such a thing as posting order and you should wait for the other person in the thread to post before you double post.

The Mandalorians in the City are a select few that have arrived with Mandalore, in search of peace with the people of the City. They will not be starting fights. Oh, and there are only 6 total mandalorians in the City right now, one of which I RP and who is not here.

Please try to understand whats going on in a storyline before you start double posting and making up your own story.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:15:19 PM
Yes he was on Coruscant but I got the distinct impression from his first post that when he was told to go home, he meant Onderon ... course his long confusing posts make that hard to figure out :(

I can't send him a PM currently... as I am studying ... maybe later unless someone beats me to it .. hint hint :mneh

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:15:49 PM
One.... two.... three.... NOT IT!! *runs away to church*

Hawkins Grime
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:31:57 PM
I like Aminn's writing style. How he does it, not exactly what he does with it. It's an interesting perception for the character but I'm trying to figure out how he pulls everything off. The length of the post is not a problem, neither the detail or the manner in which he conveys it. Every writer is given their own style from Vice to Aminn and we can't condemn him for it, really. Its what he accomplishes by his methods that we need to look to.

To start from the beginning, his background doesn't make much sense. Already force trained, coming from Coruscant, and then back to Onderon. And then he can implode blasters with simple focusing on his fifth or sixth IC post. Not to mention the courtesies not attended when, as Dalamar, said, he went outside of the posting order.

Sure, a PM explaining the situation, which is unfortunately due to innocent ignorance of the situation; the problem being with continuing IC are the three injured/dead Mandalorians, how does one handle that beyond telling him to rewrite what has already happened? Which I'm sure wouldn't bother anyone but discourage him from continuing.

I'm currently trying to work Grime into the insignificant black market of the Iziz Slums. Grime could have been following three offworlders who had taken it upon themselves in the recent events to buy three piecemeal sets of Mandalorian armor to give a little scare to the run of the mill citizens (A stretch, I know.) Grime was tracking these three to get the information from them as they put the armor on right outside of the bar and then entered. Insert ensuing events. Then Grime catches him outside and drags him into an alley, angry for maiming his future contacts and, as an ulterior, for possibly ruining what De'Ville has been trying to accomplish. Then go from there. That's just an idea I had though. And it keeps things moving while the OOC side of things is being handled.

The PM would still occur to explain the situation nonetheless from whomever up there is more deserving of as much than I am. :p

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:13:56 PM
I have no problem with his lenghty posts, his style is confusing for me personally :p I've RPed with him before with other characters and haven't had a problem with his posting style as Lamar for some reason... But this character and a previous one that me and Salem posted with was really really difficult to understand :\

Alas, your suggestions are good but if he is allowed to main those Mandalorians, the fragile peace that has been created would blow up. Those were LD's honor guard :|

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:09:39 PM
I really don't like his style of writing. As Miranda says, we've worked with him before and his posts just don't make sense. The grammar is all skewed and it always feels to me like he is writing with English as his second language, picking out words from a thesaurus, because the language he uses doesn't always make sense... it feels like it's been run through a translator and back again.

I'm currently trying to work Grime into the insignificant black market of the Iziz Slums.

Does Iziz have Slums? I think we need to come up with some cohesive idea of Iziz as a society. I always envision it, in my mind, as fiercely loyal, free of corruption and overall a law-abiding place. Maybe I am alone in this? Either way, a 'State of the Nation' would be handy... and would avoid slip-ups like that which Aminn has made.

People also forget that Salem put a complete ban on non-trade vessels coming into Onderon space, following the attack on the Queen. He hasn't lifted this yet... so people can't just turn up on Onderon unannounced. Any offworlders are being screened very carefully, just incase any 'terrorists' are trying to sneak in.

Hawkins Grime
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:00:53 PM
I thought in the map LD had put a while ago had her and Grime inhabiting the western sectors of the city which were slummish. So I agree to the 'State of the Nation' or what not, although I don't think there is a city anywhere that goes without a darker portion of society. Either way...

There were many things I thought Salem had put out that would prevent this thread from going on like it has altogether. LD's group, only a small amount were allowed in and the gates thus closed hereafter. So any others wouldn't make sense, and then the fact that they all have weapons, something else Ave made sure the Mandalorians wouldn't have when they entered. This paired with the rest of it makes a mess. I wasn't aware of the security upon entering Iziz and that throws more into it. Really this thread is kind of FUBARed.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:30:52 PM
If it's really creating such a paradox with the established state of things, it might be best just to scrap it. Re-writing sounds as if it would require altering virtually everything that is creative the plot of what is going on.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:35:26 PM
We should keep a stickied thread at the top of Iziz City explaining our situation and the current place in the storyline. Then anyone purposely ignoring such information would have to be schooled.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:49:29 PM
Seems like a nice idea. We only have a small number of characters involved, so it shouldn't be hard to keep up to date.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:00:26 PM
We have enough moderators it shouldn't be hard. ;)

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 10th, 2006, 11:14:25 PM
Have a solution maybe. Three Onderon citizens don't like the Mando alliance. They buy some imitation armor and try to start trouble in the city to cast a bad light on the Mandos... It believable that some citizents would hold a grudge and explains the breach of security that now would not exist. since the citizens where already legitimate and just decided to cause the Mando's trouble with there tactics..

So what do yo think? Yes I'm brilliant I know. lol..

Hawkins Grime
Dec 12th, 2006, 12:39:43 AM
This other guy that shows up though?! I'm lost. And speaking for the Inquisitoriate, I don't think Iziz would/should let Imperial Intelligence on the planet to chill out even incognito. I'm so lost on that last guys (the new one) post too. I'll give it to you guys, its no longer artistic. It's merely incoherent; a sentence structure consisting of frilly wording to make abstract imagery that does in effect... absolutely nothing.

Me and my penguin have these "STOP THE VERBAL VOMITING" signs that we're selling at our picket line if anyone wants to join in.

By the way, this is completely humorous in context, I mean no serious offense to anyone or anything of that sort. End disclaimer-

EDIT:: After rereading the post, I understand more of what occured and that my original assumption of this Imperial Agent being on Onderon was incorrect, I am slightly tired btw. But that Aminn is in fact a spy/informant for Imperial Intelligence. Bad News Bears! A few klaxon alarms went off somewhere behind me, anyone else got that feeling?

Razielle Alastor
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:39:16 PM
Oh just shoot him already. /end Raz

Umm.. Since I am just lurking and have nothing constructive to input I'll just agree with Raz the character. Shoot him. -nods- (I think Holly's PM should suffice though, so long as he isn't a repeat offender? Providing someone sent it? O_O)

Adraudia Basillie
Dec 12th, 2006, 05:13:54 PM
I am so confused :cry We need to know wtf is going on ... was that PM ever sent?

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 12th, 2006, 10:20:00 PM
I can't even respond to the guy because I don't know what he's saying. Does anyone?

Hawkins Grime
Dec 12th, 2006, 10:26:25 PM
After reading it a few times, I've grasped what he's saying. Overall. It's a resounding "No." that will come in response from higher powers I think.

Aminn is supposedly in the employ of Imperial Intelligence, a force adept to boot, and is infiltrating Onderon under the pretenses that he has returned home. He's merely got some high hopes for a wonderful storyline of betrayal and intrigue and a darksider that shouldn't be messed with or else he'll blow up your gun. (Insert "High Hopes" sing-along-song)

I'll stop commenting though as I'm sure the point is across and does not need to be beaten into the ground any further.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:27:28 PM
Ammin, not to be too blunt, but you are screwing with our established story that is going on here on Onderon. Plus, there is such a thing as posting order and you should wait for the other person in a thread to post before you double post.

The Mandalorians in the City are a select few that have arrived with Mandalore, in search of peace with the people of the City. They will not be starting fights. Oh, and there are only 6 total mandalorians in the City right now, one of which I RP (Lilaena is Mandalore) and who is not in the RP Wayfar Home.

Please try to understand whats going on in a storyline before you start double posting and making up your own story. PMing, and talking to members of a group before you start posting on their board is reccomended.

Also make sure you read both our FAQ (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14978) and the State of the Nation (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15744) thread that are stickied to the top of the Iziz City forum. Onderon is a neutral planet and as this is not the Star Wars Roleplaying forum we have the right to dictate (within reason) what you can and cannot decide is going on on our planet.

If you are in Imp Intel, is this a mission from the Galactic Empire group? Are you even a part of the Empire as Aminn? If you are not, you shouldn't be playing that you are part of the Empire without their permission.

Dalamar is not online every second of the day, but he would have liked to continue the thread with you, and was willing to work with you on the story. Unfortunately your repeat posting has left him behind, and your writing is sometimes extremely verbose for no discernable reason. This makes it extremely difficult to decipher what exactly you mean in your posts, and doubly hard to keep up with you in an RP.

We are more than willing to work with you, but you have to be willing to work with us, and realize that this is our group board, and our rules.

PM me with questions,
Lilaena My pm, sent just now.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:38:18 PM
Holly is my hero

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:39:52 PM
I know. :)

I accept cookies as a form of hero worship, btw. ;)

Adraudia Basillie
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:41:30 PM
I shall have cookies rain from the sky for Holly is my hero too ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:43:10 PM
I think that there should be a national Holly Day declared in all of Onderon. ;) That might suffice. :mneh

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:08:05 PM
I didn't want to start any fight heading to Onderon. He is there in hopes of finding roots the he hasn't had. Dalamar initated the Mandolorian confrontation. In his second post he throws out there that the trio of Mandalorian pushed him.

There was no OOC discussion on the supposed story, so I simply responded. From that I point I didn't really have any venue beside my own to continue forth with Dalamar, so I began posting on my own with my cousin (Khaowan)'s input here and there.

My character isn't part of Imperial Intelligence, nor is he an agent. He is an off-branch of one of the Imperial Intel Agent. Aminn has association with the Empire by way association with Khaowan who sends him on personal crusades and missions.

I've already sent for consent to Khendon and the other moderators of the Imperial Group to play such a part and there hasn't been any displeasure on their part to my knowledge. :grumble Yes it is Dalamar's fault that the Mandalorians were there in the first place.

But then, should I be PMing the other guy too? O_o

and then again:

Actually, I notice that I'm causing more trouble than I like. I rather have the account deleted, and character completely swiped of existence. He hasn't as of yet been affective so I would guess it doesn't matter. my reply:

You are right that Dalamar put the Mandalorians into the Rp, and I did speak to him about it once I caught it, and he was going to change it, but then the story got away from him. Your cousin's posts can be extremely difficult to comprehend, no offense meant.

I think that deleting your account is a hasty decision and one that I've seen you make over and over again. Perhaps just starting the thread over with a little more imput from members of KA would be a better option? We don't want to drive you away, like I said we do want to work with you so you can have a good time RPing.

But if you do want the account deleted, it is your decision.

-Lilaena

His response:
I would like it deleted.

So, I am, and I'll be moving the whole thread to the mod forum.

Adraudia Basillie
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:18:22 PM
sigh... no one can take constructive criticism anymore can they? I have my fair share of wtf are you doing moments =\ ah well

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:25:28 PM
Well, I tried to make him have another go at it, and he said no. :\

Adraudia Basillie
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:27:01 PM
I know at least you tried :(

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:23:49 PM
Well... that's that sorted.

Razielle Alastor
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:58:30 AM
So.. can I shoot him? :D

Kidding aside, very well handled. It's too bad people don't want to hear constructive comments. He may have worked out with a bit of spit and polish. Oh well..