PDA

View Full Version : What To Do When Stalled?

Ira Yahff
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:40:13 PM
Does anyone have any bright ideas as to handle a thread that just slows down?

If you don't, maybe you can brainstorm here if there is anything acceptible to be done, or if your interested in changing the inevitable altercation that all Roleplayers must deal with at one point or another.

:)

Arya Ravenwing
Dec 9th, 2006, 07:25:45 PM
Pm your thread partners and see if they remember the thread exists. ;)

Seriously, a little communication (FRIENDLY COMMUNICATION, none of this: wtf why aren't you posting waaaaah) goes a long way.

Hawkins Grime
Dec 9th, 2006, 07:40:13 PM
wtf why aren't you posting waaaaah) goes a long way.

That's all I got out of it.

No, but seriously, do what she says, it usually works. But remember, people have other stuff going on. The best thing before requesting that they might get around to it, is figuring out if they're busy or not.

Ira Yahff
Dec 9th, 2006, 10:14:35 PM
Oh, I'm not doing it from my own experience. I actually am busy enough to forget a few threads here or there--but just for others. I've seen a few people on the rebound asking "What happened to my thread? Where is it at?"

So there has to be someone else on the other side of the thread posting that just gave up and never came back because the thread never went anywhere.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:09:31 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. Of course someone stopped posting, if the thread suddenly stops midstream.

What you do when that happens is A. PM the person who stopped posting and find out why, if you can, as politely as possible. There is a real possibility that RL situations are keeping them from the computer and you cannot expect that your RP trumps the death of their granny, or the fact they just joined the Army, etc. B. Wait for them to return if they tell you they're going to. OR: C. Move on. The thread is dead, and waste no more time on it. A new thread always is better than waiting on one that won't be picked up and finished. You can usually work out with whoever the RP was with a suitable ending for the thread and use that for the continuation of your storyline, without having to actually finish the thread.