PDA

View Full Version : Robert Jordan very sick?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2006, 11:28:31 PM
If you don't know who Robert Jordan is. He is the very popular Fantasy writer who writes the Wheel of Time series. I just found out today that he is very, very sick.
http://www.forbes.com/technology/2006/11/30/robert-jordan-illness-tech-media_cx_hc_books06_1201jordan.html?partner=rss

I didn't realize that he was. That is sad and he is rushing to try to finish the last book before he dies. I hope he makes and I hope he does live longer than the doctors think anyway, I have enjoyed his writing.

General Devious
Dec 1st, 2006, 11:40:22 PM
Nooo!! He is one of my favorite writers... I hope he's okay..

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 2nd, 2006, 12:47:46 AM
I had no idea about his illness - terrible news.

And selfishly I too hope he is able to finish the series. Although, not just for me (though I have invested a great deal of time in reading his books), I can imagine that he really wants to put the capstone on The Wheel of Time. I hope he can. :(

jjwr
Dec 5th, 2006, 06:58:30 PM
That is horrible news, for his sake I hope he's able to fight the disease and live as long as possible.

As for the Wheel of Time series, at this point that doesn't matter to me much anymore, since about the 6th book or so the series has been very blah to the point where I haven't even read the most recent one yet. So much time has been wasted on trivialities that the great Fantasy feel from the first few books seems to be gone for good.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2006, 09:02:52 PM
Well I only just restarted the series recently. I had read The Eye of the World years ago and started rereading it a few months ago. I am on the second book now. I do think he really stretched the series out but until I get to the end I won't know if it is good or bad that he has. One of the books is a prequel right?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2006, 04:36:31 PM
New Spring is a prequel, its actually quite good. Deals with Morraine and Lan when they first meet, and the end of the Aiel War. I really enjoyed it.

The last book, Knife of Dreams, was really good too. The only one I was really disappointed with is the second to most recent one... Crossroads of Twilight. Each character (and there are many) got to make... like one move on the chessboard of the plot. Essentially a lot of exposition to do almost absolutely nothing to further the series. However he redeemed it all with Knife of Dreams, in which most of the major characters got to resolve dangling storylines and or begin new ones.

I really want to see how he finishes the series. :(