PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ridge Consulting Inc.

Neutron
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:05:47 PM
I'm thinking about setting up a smallish sub-group for the X-Men RPG, made up of humans, who form a freelance mercenary group that can be hired by humans, x-men, and brotherhood alike. They specialize in small unit operations against mutant targets. Not necessarily lethal ops, but could also be location, extraction, security, defense, etc.

To put the humans on a competitive edge, I'm thinking about a lot of special weapons, and failsafe equipment, combined with regimens of psychotropic drug cocktails, etc. Not super-soldiers, just elite troops with thick resumes, who rely on a much heavier battle-hardened status and better equipment than most mutants have, in order to be combat effective.

Any input/ideas?

Richard B. Howlett
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:33:45 PM
Hmmm, sounds a bit like Stryker's force from X2.....or the attack unit from X3. But a good idea, nonetheless.

And perhaps, with the newer threat of mutant uprising, they could be employed to at least train, if not equip and help, the Secret Service to protect the President of the United States from mutants...

Byl Laprovik
Dec 12th, 2006, 03:54:56 PM
Pretty much yeah. These guys aren't flag-carriers, so their allegiance is to whoever is paying. They'd probably end up being quite multinational, pulling from combat veterans in magnet organizations like Delta, GSG-9, SAS, DGSE, FSB, and on down and so forth.

I don't really anticipate any real "agenda" like Stryker had. I imagine they'd be small, solution-oriented, and leave any big plans to their employers.

I'm totally pulling a Jericho here, and this, like Jericho's Ravenwood, is a play on words for Blackwater :)

Because I love Blackwater :)