PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Civil War........

Finor Ztnnova
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:36:17 AM
is anyone reading this story arc?
do you guys enjoy it?
thoughts.
who is right? who is wrong?
just looking for feed back.

jjwr
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:25:15 AM
I'm loving this series! I won't go into any details incase people haven't read it but so far I"ve read up to the issue where Thor comes back to the battle and "attacks" someone. I only get my new comics about once every two months so I may be a bit behind.

The conflict is great, what really gets me is it seems the whole thing escalated pretty quickly with Iron Man at the forefront, his intentions seem good, providing funeral services and showing general regret but then it also seems like he's the one who's orchestrating the whole thing.

What side titles are you reading? I read Amazing Spiderman anyways so following the story from that side is great, the issue with Cap was awesome, great addition to the story.

I'm also reading Frontline which I really enjoy, the triple story arc thing they have going shows it from just about every angle and really gives you a good view of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:48:49 PM
I haven't kept up with every issue. From what I have read I really despise Iron Man and Reed Richards. They have both did 180's. I also really liked Captain America in this arc. This is the best story they have done with him in years.

ReaperFett
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:19:24 PM
I'm with Stark :)

Finor Ztnnova
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:25:42 PM
really, tony stark to me in the civil war comes off very sleezy.
i can't tell where he is at. i don't trust him at all.

i really like wolverine story arc. i normally don't like his tough guy attitude, but here it works well.

i also enjoy spider-man's conflict. wow. a great story.

jjwr
Nov 22nd, 2006, 09:29:50 AM
The Spider-man side arc is great, I can't wait to get the newest Amazing and see what happens after Spidey made his decision.

I'm guessing Invisible girl ends up going with Namor and they join the fight, that should be a blast to watch.

Jedieb
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:15:00 PM
I find out what's happening on Wikipedia every few weeks. Stark is really starting to come off as a dirtbag now, even Spidey realizes that now.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:11:11 PM
I find out what's happening on Wikipedia every few weeks. Stark is really starting to come off as a dirtbag now, even Spidey realizes that now.

I am not sure what Reed Richards is up to. Some people think he is the mysterious hero paying Norman Osborn to do something. I am not sure if he is bad or what. I am wondering how they are going to fix all of this after its over. I guess the Scarlet Witch could revert everything back to before the House of M. I don't think Captain America and Tony Stark could ever work together again. And I think Reed Richards and Susan Storm's marriage is toast right now.

Kaast Dulli
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:29:14 AM
yeah, the civil war is sweet. i just don't trust iron man.....

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 28th, 2006, 08:37:44 AM
I haven't been reading this ^_^; I've been into DC's 52 issues that is focusing on the Renee/Question plotline

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:11:37 PM
The last issue comes out this month, and I have read a major and much beloved Marvel icon will perish. Spiderman and Wolverine are eliminated because they are still alive post civil war.
I think it is between
Nick Fury
Captain America
Ironman
If it is Captain America I think it will be temporarly like Superman and he will just come back in a year or something. Nick Fury could be gone for good though.

Kaast Dulli
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:29:23 PM
well, i think mj or aunt may will die....:(

as for heroes, i really think it will be captain america. ironman is in the might avengers, capt. american isn't anywhere to be found.

i am also looking foward to the new fantastic four line up.

civil war is awsome....

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:38:37 PM
Well Captain America might fake his death and go underground. I say that because somebody said something to that effect on a comic book board that I visited today. He had some pretty good evidence to back that up. So really it will just be the Death of Superman again. I doubt Marvel will kill off Captain America permantely. Honestly I think something will happen that will bring things back to normal in a year or so. I doubt that the number of mutants for example will remain at 198. Maybe the Scarlet Witch will reverse some of the damage she caused.