PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Mutations

Vigilante
Nov 19th, 2006, 04:54:45 PM
I don't want to superpower up my mutant and give her a bazillion powers, but I'd like to be able to give her a secondary mutation at some point. Like Jean Grey, when she Phoenixed-out, though I suppose without the whole alien life form thing, or like Iceman discovering how to ice his whole body up.

Anyway, Ginny's power is teleportation. But I'd like her to gain a secondary mutation at some point which will allow her to teleport into and out of the Astral Plane. This will allow her to teleport over huge distances, once she figures out how to move around in the Astral Plane. Now, does this sound like a kosher power? I dont' want her to get it tomorrow, just someday.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:18:54 PM
I'm ok with it.

Vigilante
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:20:41 PM
It would be pretty dangerous to do so, of course. And she'd be able to teleport other people into the Astral Plane with her.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:21:55 PM
Seems fairly risky, a la Nightcrawler teleporting without a visual reference. That's enough of a drawback for me.

Vigilante
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:26:07 PM
Yeah. And the nasty things that live in the Astral Plane like to chomp on people's souls, or something like that. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:28:09 PM
Sounds fine by me. I'm sure you will be sensible with it :p ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:51:02 AM
To be honest, it doesn't sound like a secondary mutation. Sounds more like your character learning she could have done this all along and merely discovers it :thumbup

I will admit to wincing when I read your thread title. Secondary mutations are and still are a stupid plotline that Morrison wrote in the X-titles as an excuse to give long standing characters new powers for no reason :x

Anyway ... regardless, I approve ^^

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:37:55 PM
Ok, well, whichever way it works, it won't happen for a while. And yeah, it isn't really a secondary mutation I suppose, its more along the lines of discovering more about her power. A deeper understanding, as it were, so more like Iceman learning how to ice up all the way, or something.