View Full Version : I'm a Star Wars fan and all...but this is silly

JMK
Nov 16th, 2006, 11:13:30 AM
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Fight_For_Jedi_Rights_101397.asp

Jedi as a bonafide religion? Come on now. Live on earth people. :rolleyes

Katchen
Nov 16th, 2006, 02:08:08 PM
good lord .........

People like this are an embarassment to fandom.

JMK
Nov 16th, 2006, 02:32:49 PM
They're the reason why Star Wars fans (I guess all Sci-fi/fantasy fans) get made fun of so bloody much.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 16th, 2006, 03:59:24 PM
Haha, we stumbled onto a forum full of a group of these guys a year or so ago. Messed around with them for a time, but eventually the boredom won out and we went back to pestering each other at Meras ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 16th, 2006, 06:39:06 PM
Yeah I tried to join. But they wouldn't let me carry my rank over!

hehehe - they were fun. But yeah, mostly boring. Its just meditating, etc, and they don't try to move stuff with the Force or do Jedi Mind Tricks. Being one with nature, I suppose, living in harmony.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 16th, 2006, 11:40:31 PM
Heh well they are wothy of making fun of.

Yog
Nov 17th, 2006, 05:45:35 AM
Apparently, there are many thousand Jedi Knights all over the world.. this means they can do basic things like levitate a chair with the force or jump from buildings and survive, right? :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 17th, 2006, 07:31:52 AM
You know, Buddhism, Bahai'i (or however it's spelled), would do just as well to satisfy their spiritual needs. Not to mention you wouldn't look like such a crackpot.

JMK
Nov 17th, 2006, 08:50:23 AM
Basically they're a bunch of hippies who like Star Wars? Hell yes they're worthy of ridicule.

Memo to Jedi-wannabes:
Jedi is NOT a religion. Jedi is a fictitious belief centered around this mysterious energy field called the force. There is no energy field, hence no force. IT'S A FRIGGIN MOVIE!

Park Kraken
Nov 17th, 2006, 03:49:07 PM
That's the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. I'm going to create a Sith religion and start another holy war.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 17th, 2006, 04:05:51 PM
That's the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. I'm going to create a Sith religion and start another holy war.

Already done, mate. (http://www.sithism.com/)

JMK
Nov 18th, 2006, 05:00:03 PM
Oh no.....please....enough. Make it stop.
I am truly embarassed to be a Star Wars fan today. :(

Tipp Gray
Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:54:08 AM
The Jedi thing is bad enough, but then the Sithism website...wow.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:33:47 PM
Lets say you're a Christian. To you, the deities of Hinduism must seem pretty fictional. The only difference (to you) between them and the force is where they come from: religious scriptures, rather than Star Wars movies. But essentially, the only difference is that Hinduism has been around longer. And I bet your Christianity looks pretty stupid and fictional to Hindus as well.

Not that I condone it...but yeah. If that's what they choose to believe, then *shrug*. And besides, it is more fun than putting "Atheist" on the census. ;)