PDA

View Full Version : OJ Simpson's New Book/Interview

Rutabaga
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:24:52 PM
This just makes me so ill, I don't know what to say. :shakefist

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15723351/

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:37:38 PM
Makes me want to puke. I have no intention on watching it.

Darth McBain
Nov 15th, 2006, 08:53:01 PM
Right there with ya - this is sickening... OJ, you're a poor excuse for a human being...

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 15th, 2006, 08:59:58 PM
I heard about this on the radio today. Absolutely horrible - a new low for American culture. Whats worse is that some companies will be buying commercial time for during the 'special' and basically financing a murderer. Oh come on, you know he did it.

Anyway, even if he DIDn't do it (unlikely), to exploit and profit from the deaths of two people is inhuman. :shakefist Won't be watching, and I'll be trying to find out what companies are going to be sponsoring it so I can boycott them.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:05:18 PM
Look, we're talking about it and his book.

That's exactly what he wanted.

Controversy sells.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:52:36 PM
I'm buying it for sure.

You never know when you'll need to kill somebody and get away with it :)

Park Kraken
Nov 16th, 2006, 06:05:57 AM
I don't see why everyone is so mad here. Deaths are exploited all the time, by a lot of people. Take for example the mother who took advantage of her son dying in Iraq to parade around and grab the spotlight while protesting against Bush. Take for example, any single political official who used the deaths of American servicemen in their campaigning to gain a seat in office. It's a lot more common that people think.

In this case however, it's pretty disgusting.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 16th, 2006, 07:22:07 AM
I don't see why everyone is so mad here.

In this case however, it's pretty disgusting.

*cough cough*

:)

Ryan Pode
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:10:57 AM
If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Park Kraken
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:11:44 AM
I'm going to rename myself Mr. Contradiction.

However, another interesting point. Has OJ said what he plans to do with the money that he will get from the book? If he uses it to support surviving relatives, then this sham will not be as bad as it appears.

Ryan Pode
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:18:13 AM
I'm going to rename myself Mr. Contradiction.

However, another interesting point. Has OJ said what he plans to do with the money that he will get from the book? If he uses it to support surviving relatives, then this sham will not be as bad as it appears.

He needs the money to support himself, considering all the money that he gave them from the civil suite.

JMK
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:54:44 AM
Figures that a network like FOX would be airing this. Anyone who watches FOX news should keep in mind that this is the same network that sees it fit to put this on television.

The whole idea is revolting and reprehensible. Apparently the whole thing was cooked up by Simpson himself, and there were some people willing to pay, and listen.

O.J. needs money. He can't get tried again for these murders...so why not basically confess and get paid huge money?

See you in hell O.J.

Figrin D'an
Nov 16th, 2006, 01:46:44 PM
Any money that OJ generates from this book and interview is going to be targeted by the court to go to the families of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. OJ has paid very little of the $30 million dollars he was originally supposed to when he was found liable in civil court. The court can, if it chooses, get a warrant to seize the earnings on behalf of the victim's families.

It's jail time from which he's basically immune. He can't be tried again for criminal murder because of double jeopardy, and he can't even be brought up on perjury charges from his testemony in the civil case because this book and interview are told from a 'hypothetical' point of view.

His publisher is just as reprehensible as he his.

JMK
Nov 16th, 2006, 03:15:09 PM
His publisher is just as reprehensible as he his.

Without a doubt.

In fact, the publisher is quoted as saying "I consider this his confession".

Well congrats Mr. Publisher. I hope your integrity as a professional remains intact after this. Way to make murdering, and getting away with it a fashionable way to get paid.

JMK
Nov 17th, 2006, 08:59:44 AM
Here's Jim Rome's take on the topic. He hates O.J. more than anyone on the planet, but he sums up exactly how I feel about the issue:

His publisher, Judith Regan said, “This is a historic case and I consider this his confession.” Historic? The only thing historic about this is the historic lapse in judgment, humanity and all common decency on your part. What’s historic, is the depths you’ll sink to to make a buck. I’ll tell you what’s historic, my disgust and disdain for this entire debacle. And if you buy that book, while I wouldn’t say you’re as bad as he is, I will say you have some serious problems. How would you like to be Fred Goldman? The Juice probably took his son, in the most horrific fashion imaginable, got away with it, paid no penalty, trips around the country playing golf showing no remorse or contrition and now is going to show up on TV, gloat about it and get paid millions of bucks. You could give me a million years and I still couldn’t fathom how Goldman must feel. And that’s why I really don’t have a problem when he refers to Oadge as a, “murdering SOB”. I don’t know about you, but I’m o.k. with that.

Terran Starek
Nov 17th, 2006, 02:30:55 PM
Wow.

The days are evil, that's for sure.

Yog
Nov 17th, 2006, 03:30:16 PM
Thats really a disgusting PR stunt / money scheme of OJ..

On a similar note, one of the convicts of Norway's most infamous murder case (the Orderud triple murder) "Veronica Orderud" was on the radio recently for an interview. She made a PR stunt saying "if you don't listen to the show, I will murder you!". Apparently, she thought this would be funny thing to say. And as for the radio show itself, she giggled and made jokes all the way through the interview, as it was some kind of a humor show, totally oblivious to how everyone knows she is guilty as hell.

Rutabaga
Nov 17th, 2006, 07:24:15 PM
I also have to echo a thought that more than one person has voiced in some of the reports on this I've seen....

What do OJ's kids think about this? Doesn't he even care that he's writing a book about the murder of their mother??? :shakefist

JMK
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:15:08 PM
Sanity prevails, though it smacks of "Well if no one is going to watch/read, we're not going to do it" before "We're not doing this because we think it's wrong".

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=242559&GT1=7703

Park Kraken
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:42:04 PM
Do you think it will be about six months or a year before they release the taped interviews in an exclusive special of some sort? Either way, this isn't the end of it, not with it being Fox.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 20th, 2006, 04:06:32 PM
Sigh, well at least someone got hit with the common sense bat and pulled this crap off the market. Hopefully it will stay buried but I tend to doubt it :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:35:56 PM
Yeah I heard that it was being pulled, and all I can say is thank God. :)

Byl Laprovik
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:42:51 PM
Damn it. I really wanted to buy it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:00:44 PM
You make up about .0000000001% of the people they wanted to sell it to, and the other 99.99999999% said HELL NO. ;)