PDA

View Full Version : Mutants, Unite!!! [EDIT]

Saladin
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:05:04 PM
The first X-Men RP is about to get underway!! (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=211533#post211533)

The setting: the Yucca Mountain Repository (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca_Mountain), a massive nuclear waste disposal site buried in the mountains of Nevada. A powerful mutant terrorist, Aslan Sagidev (Neutron), is incarcerated under heavy security and radiation containment deep within the facility. Saladin, eager to add Neutron to his Brotherhood of Mutants, is organizing a jailbreak.

Through his own sources, Ethan Daniels has learned of the plot and has scrambled the X-Men to stop Saladin. Can they prevent the Brotherhood from unleashing a living nuclear threat upon the world?

You're welcome to try. :wings

Discussion for the thread can take place here. X-Men and Brotherhood characters welcome; other characters can show up if you have a good reason for being there. And feel free to start other threads; this is just the first big X-Men vs. Brotherhood bash. See you all there! :)

Edit: See the last post.

Neutron
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:06:19 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=211533#post211533

Some notes:

I'm keeping this parallel to current events. Sagidev is a suspected terrorist and enemy combatant, and is being shuffled through America's rendition flights. His special condition gets him shuffled to Yucca Mountain.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:26:11 PM
I can't think of a reason for Vigilante to show up for this RP. However I'll probably start a new one in the New York area. The School is in Virginia or something, right?

Mitch
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:40:08 PM
Well, the X-Mansion was in Westchester, NY. But we could have it anywhere.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:47:04 PM
Might as well have it in the same place. Works better for me that way, at least we're in the same state. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 13th, 2006, 11:04:39 PM
I am going to finish up Ethan's bio this week, but the Mansion is still in New York ^^

Blaine Hayter
Nov 13th, 2006, 11:12:40 PM
Of course the Government couldn't let something like this just slide by. ;) And given Neutron's special characteristics, its a high priority danger as we can't have a mutant with those kind of abilities assisting the terrorists. The Gammas are their selected task force for the mission. Blaine, Ian, and a few npcs will make their appearance then?

Neutron
Nov 13th, 2006, 11:15:02 PM
Sounds good to me. I fully expected the Gammas to take over the show from CIA/NSA/Homeland Security.

Locksmith
Nov 13th, 2006, 11:18:07 PM
Started up a thread located at the school, so that the students and teachers might be able to get things rolling as well.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15649

Rod Stafford
Nov 14th, 2006, 08:44:36 AM
I can't think of a reason for Vigilante to show up for this RP. However I'll probably start a new one in the New York area. The School is in Virginia or something, right?

I'm in the same position. I'll see what happens after this thread.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 14th, 2006, 03:57:26 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=211592#post211592 There's a thread for whoever in the New Jersey industrial area. Twich and Vigilante have a paticular idea in mind for where the thread is going, so PM me or Morg if you want to join.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:14:29 PM
Okay, need to ask a question. When is Ethan suppose to do his big speech and rally the troops ^^

And.. who are the troops? :lol

Saladin
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:57:40 PM
Dragon will be there... I think we probably need one or two NPC teachers, since Locksmith has told me he'll be sitting this one out. I've created one, Gaia (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=211589&postcount=99). Egads, these characters are too much fun to create. :)

Any other X-Men who want to come along, teachers or students, please post and be counted here first. Granted, the teachers will probably have to look after the students.

As for when to introduce the X-Men... Well, just for the set-up stages of the thread, I don't think we need to worry too much about posting order. As soon as Spectre and Void insert themselves into the scene, I'm going to bring the Brotherhood into the facility. If you want Ethan to deliver his briefing en route in the X-Jet or X-Copter or whatever it is we're using for transportation, or however you want to make the entrance, I think you can go ahead and do so whenever is convenient. In terms of scenes, we'd probably see the Brotherhood make their way into the facility and then cut to the X-Men jetting to the site, but I don't think we necessarily have to delay the RP for that.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:04:25 PM
Awesome, we'll do a debriefing once the baddies are in place and I have an idea who is going to be there besides Dragon and Gaia :)

:: slips into black and yellow uniform ::

^^

Byl Laprovik
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:12:46 PM
Batdude is down for it :)

In the meantime, should I just progress Neutron getting processed in the facility and interrogated by the CIA, etc?

Saladin
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:22:50 PM
Sure, what's a little interrogation among friends?

If Blaine wants to establish himself in the facility, that'd be fine, too. Granted, this RP is going to have a rather huge cast... ^_^;

Michael Lawston
Nov 14th, 2006, 10:23:04 PM
Arsenal is throwing his lot in with the Brotherhood in this one. Heads are gonna fly. :angel

Blaine Hayter
Nov 14th, 2006, 10:35:13 PM
We'll let the normal agencies do their thing first before we show up and take over the show. We figure they could handle the movement procedures themselves without us baby sitting, once the other mutants show up, we'll be there. :p

Michael Lawston
Nov 14th, 2006, 11:02:36 PM
Bring it on, Major.

Maxine Flannery
Nov 16th, 2006, 01:15:02 PM
I have powers now, delete this post.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:05:33 AM
Question: Cerebro?

Veritas
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:15:09 AM
If X and Magneto didn't exist, that's awfully hard to explain. I'm saying no.

Katchen
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:23:21 AM
Well, considering one of Maxine's powers is Mechanical Intuition (ala Forge) there's no reason why she couldn't have created something similar.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:25:33 AM
If X and Magneto didn't exist, that's awfully hard to explain. I'm saying no.

and if that is the case, why is the school in the same place, with practically the same name cept it is the Cullen's Institute for Higher learning, and we have of course the X-men.

Everything we have done we worked around to have it make sense with this incarnation of original characters. There is no reason why we can't have a Cerebro IMO or a Danger room. We even have a character who is Psychic that can use it. :)

Veritas
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:31:33 AM
It's okay with me :) I'm not gonna throw a wobbler over retconning a few things for convenience. If we can redesign a story for Cerebro to fit, that's kosher.

Ethan Daniels
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:34:20 AM
^^

I'm thinking this ... Dr Cullen found mutants the old fashion way ;) Then along came a mechnical genius and a psychic as students. Amongst much discussion and design, Cerebro could have easily come about?

Maxine Flannery
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:36:04 AM
Yes, I am the Resident Techie of the team after all. ;)

Francoise Dupont
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:36:38 AM
Francoise could probably handle using some incarnation of Cerebro, and Maxine could have easily built. I'm fine with it :)

Veritas
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:37:26 AM
I don't know if Veritas could use his Theta field with Cerebro, or if that would ever be desirable. Scary.

Maxine Flannery
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:45:43 AM
It can be calibrated for anyone with psi abilities. ;) Oracle is just the first.

Veritas
Nov 18th, 2006, 11:22:24 AM
Magnifying the Theta field would just run the risk of causing peoples' heads to explode, so I'll sit that one out ^_^;

Dragon
Nov 18th, 2006, 06:21:30 PM
Well, I wrote in one of my posts that Dr. Cullen created the blueprints for the Danger Room, and that Ethan was just this year able to build it. Cerebro could be something similar.

Incidentally, the action is starting to heat up at Yucca Mountain. ;)

Who will be there among the X-Men, again? Ion and Dragon will be there, and Charley said he'd bring in Bat-Dude. Any others? If all else fails, we can throw in one or two more NPCs.

Oh, and since the Brotherhood already took the train, what's our sweet ride? :)

Locksmith
Nov 18th, 2006, 06:27:48 PM
I believe that Locksmith will be flying the Blackbird in.

He will be among the X-Men going, as well.

Saladin
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:50:50 PM
So... I think what happened was I was waiting on other people to post, and other people were waiting on me, and, anyway--

I think I'd like to get this going again, if we still have other interested parties. If there are, I can put up a post to get Tron into position and the rest of us on the move toward Neutron's cell. Then the Gammas and/or X-Men can move in, and we can have a nice, big brawl amid barrels of nuclear waste. While we duke it out, Void can probably slip down where they're holding Neutron and, with Tron's remote assistance, spring him out without receiving a lethal blast of radiation. Then we can make our escape before the heavy cavalry arrives.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for how we could move things along better. This is the first time I've been so heavily involved in a more epic-style thread, so I'm not sure how things usually proceed. But I'm hopeful this will be the first of many big plots for our X-Men setting. :)

Karl Valten
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:14:24 PM
Arsenal here and I'm still up for it. To avoid too much cluter, maybe we can square of into our own fights. My character is a loner as is, maybe you can send him get something done and he stumlbes into one or more of the X-men/gammas.

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:34:38 PM
Yes get me out of prison PLEASE :D

Saladin
Feb 2nd, 2007, 01:01:32 PM
Keep your pants on. For real.

You've only been in there, what, three months? ;)

Anyway, I think, given the hiatus, we can just let a new posting order develop; you're all free to post, including Neutron, if you want to respond to Tron. Gammas and X-Men, if you want to make your grand entrance, go right ahead. Any Brotherhood chars, go ahead and send us down the lift to Sublevel 17. It'll be a labyrinth of corridors with some wide-open loading and processing areas, like any good X-Men: Legends level with destructible scenery.

EDIT: Arsenal has informed me he won't be able to continue in the thread. So I've editd my last post to put him on guard duty, and Geryon is accompanying us to Neutron's cell. I think the posting order now is me, Spectre, Neutron, and Void.

And Gammas and X-Men where applicable. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:53:04 AM
So any of the X-men want to get in on this? I'm thinking that it would probably be a little while before they get to the base. Maybe arrive just as the Brotherhood are springing Neutron from his cell, that way we can have a nice clash outside?

Saladin
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:40:13 AM
I was actually imagining a confrontation among millions of barrels of toxic waste. :)

I'll bring Dragon to the party, but I think we need at least two others.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2007, 01:50:28 PM
That sounds cool too :)

I can chip in Francoise.

Dragon
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
Does she have any offensive capabilities? Or is she just going to go emo and have to be rescued like Jean Grey? ;)

Karl Valten
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:49:38 PM
Writing a post right now for the brotherhood, I'm ready to get back in the game.

Jessa Mckenzy
Mar 16th, 2007, 09:07:46 PM
I'm willing to throw Jessa into the mix. If she's needed at all. :D

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 17th, 2007, 08:29:02 AM
Ethan will be there.... ^^ I am hoping to have a post later today/night

Francoise Dupont
Mar 17th, 2007, 08:57:47 AM
Does she have any offensive capabilities? Or is she just going to go emo and have to be rescued like Jean Grey? ;)

I can... sense danger? Read minds? If Ethan is going, so am I! :mad:

Which of the X-Men wants to lead the way in, then? I don't mind starting us off. Could do a little flashback of us all finding out about it a little while before the attack actually started, then skip forward to us jetting out there? Maybe Francoise had a premonition about it? :)

Jessa Mckenzy
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:43:10 AM
Oi! I like that idea, Francoise!

Dragon
Mar 17th, 2007, 08:28:36 PM
I can... sense danger? Read minds? If Ethan is going, so am I! :mad:

Maybe she can interfere with Spectre somehow. Or, if she encounters any survivors among those the Brotherhood has already scythed through, she can read from their thoughts what happened and which way the Brotherhood went.

Karl Valten
Mar 22nd, 2007, 03:49:12 PM
[/ is Arsenal]

Wow, I am a moron. Didn't catch that bit about bit about being put on guard duty, sorry about the mess with my post. >_< I'll edit that up in a bit, school papers are calling first.

I am back for the running though, sorry about the abscence.

Dragon
Mar 22nd, 2007, 05:59:27 PM
Originally I had Geryon on guard duty, then I swapped him with Arsenal when you said you couldn't make it... we can swap it back, or you can say you got bored and followed the rest of the Brotherhood. :)

Vigilante
Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:05:46 PM
I started a new thread with Vigilante and the School - any teacher or student please join in. Teacher is needed, but students are welcome also.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:29:50 PM
OKAY!

I swear I am posting tomorrow :P I need to know which X-men are going to be there. Dragon and Francoise?

Unless our lovely Oracle is doing that flashback ;)

edit - NPC Gaia

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:47:40 AM
I will just write the flashback backstory bit into my post after yours ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2007, 10:45:32 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mutants%2C_Unite

I created a page for the X-Men RP on our new wiki. :)

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:36:25 AM
I know I need to post blarg... I was sick >_<

Karl Valten
Apr 16th, 2007, 03:02:17 PM
Tis okay, we can't have you feeling bad now.

Ethan Daniels
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:46:30 PM
blah totally uninspiring post, however at least we are there. I rather post SOMETHING and get it going. hopefully I'll find my stride later.

Francoise Dupont
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:04:32 PM
I posted too! :)

Karl Valten
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:44:33 PM
Whoooooooo

Dragon
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:33:26 AM
And posted! :)

Rather than play out the whole journey to the vault and get stuck (like we did with the Brotherhood), I decided to move us along to the same floor as the vault the Brotherhood are currently in. So in the next cycle of posts we should run into each other.

Razielle Alastor
Apr 18th, 2007, 01:51:40 PM
Or get thwapped in the head with something from the two people you can't see coming.

hehehehehehe >D

Dragon
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:22:42 PM
Hmm, question, can Void be invisible, but not insubstantial? Or do they go together?

And while he's insubstantial, why doesn't he fall straight to the center of earth's gravitational pull? :p

Maxine Flannery
Apr 19th, 2007, 08:35:03 AM
ok, I'm there now!!! no frelling idea what I'm doing there as a non-combat member of the team, but I'm there. :lol

Jacinda Blake
Apr 19th, 2007, 08:43:45 AM
there will just be more Max's for me to thwap. :D

well...not me... the other me... a less windy.... and more va-vah-voom me..

Dragon
Apr 19th, 2007, 12:37:02 PM
Max, are you there with the rest of the team, or waiting in the getaway jet? I couldn't quite tell from the post.

Francoise Dupont
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:19:50 PM
It sounds like she is coming into action with us.

Sorsha Kasajian
Apr 19th, 2007, 07:43:54 PM
Yes, Max is there with you.