Nov 13th, 2006, 08:19:22 PM
so does anyone have it?
how do you feel about it.
do we belive the hype?
is it better than halo?
i would like some feedback.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 14th, 2006, 11:37:50 AM
I played it this past thursday. Nearly beat the game in the span of a night. It's a short game with little to no story involved, but it's gorgeous and the gameplay is flawless.

I'd say that it's the perfect co-op shooter game, and utilizes cover and fire & maneuver drills better than any game yet made. Extremely fun to play with friends, so in that regard, it seems more fun than Halo to me.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 17th, 2006, 10:58:13 PM
I played it for an hour at my friend's house with him. The use of cover in this game is completely intuitive and innovative. And it is stunning from a sense standpoint.

Aurelias Kazaar
Nov 18th, 2006, 10:32:32 AM
It's very fun, I'm glad I got it.

Xel-Naga
Nov 18th, 2006, 01:37:29 PM
I didn't buy it, but I did rent it. The game is Fanfrickentastic!!!

I don't know how you nearly beat the game in the span of a night, because I've been playing it for several nights and have yet to beat it. I'm lovin every minute of it. The story is a bit sketchy and confusing, but the action is flippin awesome and the graphics are beautiful.

And nothing beats chainsawing someone to itty little bits :D

Veritas
Nov 18th, 2006, 01:42:10 PM
The reason I nearly beat it in a night is because I was playing co-op. It makes the game go MUCH faster with a wingman.

Xel-Naga
Nov 18th, 2006, 02:24:23 PM
Ah, yes. Co-op does it much easier, although too easy if you ask me. On the harder settings it's more fun to play Co-op, but I'm stilling playing on Casual. I beat the first 2.5 acts, I think, on Co-op and then my brother stopped playing with me so now I'm playing it on my own. Currently I'm at my house trying to get to the APC that Baird was too lazy to drive through the walls and park in the house itself. What a knucklehead that Baird.

Veritas
Nov 18th, 2006, 02:36:40 PM
Hahahaha yeah the race to the APC is hard, even on co-op. It's just tough to cover that much distance while under fire.

Alexander Bane
Nov 18th, 2006, 04:34:47 PM
Yes, I've died several times trying to get to the APC. You'd think Baird would be able to park it closer to the building. Oh, no. He's much to clever for that. Whenever I look at Baird I think of Cid from FF7. Their faces look very similar, IMO.

Slayn Cloak
Mar 26th, 2008, 10:41:04 PM
Although the game play suffers from being a port and movement / combat is incredibly sticky I really have to recommend this to anyone who has a pc. Unfortunately things that should be easy like running for example are really awkward because they are toggled as an event. The key assignment that handles the “cover” mechanic also controls running, this and every other “event”, like jumping over a small block for example. This leads you to have to constantly fight your character into the direction, or on to the area you originally intended. You see the thing is, as you’re hopping away from whatever has just snapped out in front of you, rolling, trying to run whatever, you end up attached to a wall instead of going through a door, or just running the hell away. The same thing can happen if you’re just running towards something thanks to the camera shifting wildly whenever you run, as if it was desperately trying to keep up with you, but is in general easier to deal with in that direction.

I’m positive that the keyboard / mouse interface makes all this tolerable, albeit only barely, as my roommate has had the unfortunate circumstance as to have played this title on the 360. This brings me to my ultimate point and the reason that I value this crash fest of a game (most of the issues can be handled by downloading / installing the patch but you’ll find something that isn’t right I guarantee you) so much. The cooperative mode in this game, whether over LAN or online is fantastic.

Many titles have a coop mode or something other than death match to throw at you, but that's the thing. By far and large they’re never really cooperative play. Usually the game is just split up in to having two main characters, or rather a second invisible one which none of the npcs will react to. In GoW whether you’re playing as Marcus or Dominic you have full access to the environment, squad commands, and even the story. Oh, another point!!

Though the story is more or less generic, the cut seen fairly unnecessary and the voice acting is only reasonably par, a lot of the dialog is enjoyable, even bordering on witty at times. You get a real feel for the characters and not just their armor, or stoic nature.

If you haven’t done so already then go buy it, make a friend and LAN it; if you don’t happened to live with a hardware obsessed roommate then at the very least get someone to connect to you over live ye olde xbox style. I actually paid for this game ( and half of my roommates ) and enjoyed all ten hours of game play ( there is BTW huge replay value in the spirt the original halo ). From cooperatively instructing my roommate to navigate an area while I fed futuristic ballistics into the faces of our enemies served a la sniper, to running away from a berserker and actually being filled with that nostalgic terror of running from the neighborhood Cujo. Even if you’ve played this on a console, maybe even especially, you owe it to yourself to experience it on a decent pc.

Also, my LIVE name is Line Trapped.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:34:58 PM
I've only tried to play the XBox360 version, but didn't get too far. My hubby likes it. :)