PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order your Wii now~

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:31:02 PM
Have you pre-ordered? My brother has. We're not going to get one, most likely... I think the PS7 is pre-orderable now too.

Shawn
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:55:21 PM
I'm waiting to see what it has to offer. I'm pretty sure I'll get one, I just don't know what I want to get with it. What games are you getting?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:30:06 PM
We're not getting one. ^_^; That I know of! I'll have to check with my brother to see what games he's planning on getting first.

Shawn
Nov 14th, 2006, 10:03:41 AM
Oh. ^_^; Sentence structures are confusing.

Jecht Tar
Nov 14th, 2006, 11:48:57 AM
Wii.... nah. I'm gonna stick with my 360.

jjwr
Nov 15th, 2006, 11:58:55 AM
I want to get one all of the places I've checked for pre-orders are already filled.

I can't believe so many places have gotten so few initial machines. Nintendo has been touting at least 4Mil units will be sold by the end of the year, why not get more ready for release? I'll just keep hitting the stores and hope to snag one sometime in the next few months.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:35:57 AM
Ok, I lied, my brother didn't manage to get on a pre-order list. Right now he and my 16 yr old brother-in-law are sitting outside of a Fred Meyers, waiting for it to open at 7 am. There are about 10 people in front of them. They and my hubby drove around like maniacs starting at 11:30 pm to find a manageable line for the midnight madness most of the stores were having, but NO LUCK.

We're buying one now, too, because even if we don't keep it we might be able to make some $$$ on eBay. ^_^;

edit: Oh, and we stopped by another store and picked up the last copy of Legend of Zelda and Red <strike>Dawn</strike> Steel for my brother. Those are the games he wanted the most.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2006, 11:41:26 AM
We're buying one now, too, because even if we don't keep it we might be able to make some $$$ on eBay. ^_^;

Shame on you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:05:15 PM
Well we haven't decided if we're going to keep it or not.

:D Its fun to play!

Pierce Tondry
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:43:36 PM
All this hullabaloo. Thankfully even if I wasn't broke I could still stand to wait the extra month or so to get a console instead of camping out in buttock-freezing weather to get one.

Shawn
Nov 19th, 2006, 06:39:18 PM
Well, after a lot of deliberation, we picked one up. All we have at the moment is Twilight Princess. I played it for a bit, and I like it quite a bit better than OoT so far.

Wii Sports is a lot of fun, too. If a Tiger Woods game comes out for the Wii, I just may have to pick it up.

I'm dying to try Trauma Center, but I don't know if I want to drop $50 on it. I wonder how long it'll take for a price drop.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 19th, 2006, 06:45:13 PM
Shame on you.

Why? If I figured I could turn around and make about $1000 of instant profit by buying from a retail market and selling on an e-auction, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That's how capitalism works.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:46:06 PM
I too have no problem making the impatient pay for it.

Also I have to fight my family for the TV too much to bother with consoles :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:34:50 AM
Considering that everyone and their mom wants to sell on eBay and make a quick profit off the impatient (there were over 20,000 listings for Wii on eBay early this afternoon, and most of those were actual systems, though some were not), it probably won't be very profitable at this point in time to try to put one up for auction.

There were quite a few listings for pre-orders going for $400-$500 but most of those ended today. Most of the newest listings (pages and pages worth added just today) are all starting their bids at $600-$1000 and there are bazillions listed. And stores are supposed to be getting more in time for Black Friday.

Everyone is trying to cash in the same way people did with the 360 last year, but Nintendo (dunno about PS3 [haha typed BS3 at first]) seems to be ready with lots of product. If its two weeks before Christmas and people are freaking out about not having Wii's available we may try to eBay, but... chances are slim.

edit: check out this listing (http://cgi.ebay.com/WIIBOUTIQUE-COM-VERY-RARE-NINTENDO-WII-DOMAIN-NAME_W0QQitemZ120054791743QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11153 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for a DOMAIN NAME, not a Wii. >_<

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:16:59 AM
Why? If I figured I could turn around and make about $1000 of instant profit by buying from a retail market and selling on an e-auction, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That's how capitalism works.

I know they're idiots for forking out that much, but I just feel too guilty ripping people off like that. I even feel terrible if someone leaves behind 50p change at work. I am too much of a soft touch.

That being said, I won't be getting a Wii. I was thinking of asking for a games console for Christmas, but if I did it would probably only be something like a PS2. I've been playing with a friends DS a bit recently and handhelds just don't do it for me.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:11:33 AM
It isn't ripping anybody off. That is the price they are willing to pay for buying it now from the comfort of home. There's no rip-off whatsoever. They value the game system more than somebody only paying retail price. It isn't exactly like there's misrepresentation here. Everybody knows that they're gonna pay out the nose to get a system on ebay the day of release.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:46:48 AM
What Charley said. Think of it like this: if a customer is willing to pay above the retail price for a product, clearly it was worth more to them than that retail price wasn't it? All you're doing as a resale agent is absorbing some of the extra value that otherwise would have disappeared into the ether.

People who pay out the nose have no right to complain how steep something is because they are dumb for doing so. That's how supply and demand works.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:39:01 PM
Considering someone spent over $10,000 on eBay for a PS3... Clearly these people have more money than brains anyway.

Crystal
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:49:15 AM
ZELDAzeldaZeLdaZELdazelda

I was a bit worried I'd wear my wrist out moving the controller around so much.. but the only problem I've had so far is I still try to hit buttons to attack. My brain hasn't come to terms with the idea of the wiimote.

I also quite like Wii sports and making Miis.. I think we have about 30 or so on our's right now. I just keep making them.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:41:47 PM
Wii Sports is addicting. As are the Miis... ^_^; Head over to the Wii Friends thread and let me add you as a friend so we can exchange Miis :D I made a Kim Jong Il Mii. :crack

Morgan Evanar
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:59:29 PM
ZELDAzeldaZeLdaZELdazelda
Making Miis.. I think we have about 30 or so on our's right now. I just keep making them.What is that?

Shawn
Nov 26th, 2006, 08:41:04 PM
What is that?http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/10/mii.swf

I'm having a blast catching up with all of the Gamecube games I missed out on. I played Eternal Darkness at a friend's house when it first came out and loved it, so I finally was able to pick up a copy for myself. Hooray backwards compatibility.

The Virtual Console is fun, too. Bonk is still an awesome game, and multiplayer Bomberman is great. I got enough points left for an N64 game, so I'm waiting for Ocarina of Time or something.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2006, 07:48:23 PM
The Wii is certainly fun for the whole family. Both of my kids and wife love it too, where as its usually only my son who likes the video game stuff besides myself.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:12:49 AM
The Wii isn't released here until next week, but I'm very tempted to get one now... even if it is going to cost half a months wages :x

Vigilante
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:14:17 PM
Could be worse. Could be a whole month. ;)

And dang, you don't make much money. :(

Shawn
Nov 29th, 2006, 11:43:44 PM
If you're strapped for cash, I'd say hold off. Waiting just means there'll be more great games out when you get one. :)

If you do get one, make sure you have some friends over when you hook it up to play Wii Sports with. It's the best way to break it in. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 30th, 2006, 06:08:43 AM
Could be worse. Could be a whole month. ;)

And dang, you don't make much money. :(

I make between £500 and £600 (roughly $1000 I think?) a month, about half of which I have left over to spend on whatever once I take out rent/food/bills. The deal I was looking at was £220 for the console plus Zelda and a few accessories, though. And nope, I don't make a whole lot... I am only a student bartender, after all :mneh

That being said, I won't be able to get one for a while anyway, since all the pre-orders will have the stock all bought up until after Christmas. My birthday is conviniently in January, though, so... ;)

Zem-El Vymes
Nov 30th, 2006, 07:32:03 PM
The Mii's are a pleasant distraction. Who might this strapping lad be???

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 3rd, 2006, 02:35:45 PM
My Mii on my friend's Wii is scary. As in, people see it, and are freaked out because it looks so much like me. Confused look and all.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:57:37 AM
Posting from a Wii is almost painful but is a little fun.

Shawn
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:03:21 PM
Posting from a Wii is almost painful but is a little fun.Playing duck hunt with the wiimote is pretty fun, too. =)

ps. posting from my Wii.

Crystal
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:52:51 PM
Wii-post! I tried to use attachments but it does not work. Add Mii support! Its almost as bad as typing on a cellphone.. but it's still neat.

Duck hunt is the best use of the wiimote yet! :)

Morgan Evanar
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:49:39 AM
Playing duck hunt with the wiimote is pretty fun, too. =)

ps. posting from my Wii.Opera is :cool:

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:06:08 PM
Also posting from my Wii! It's a little tedious, however.

Xanatos Etanial
Feb 27th, 2007, 01:06:19 PM
This post is brought to you by the letters W, I and I. And also on a Wii.

Just set up my wireless last night and its hard to pull myself away to even go to work.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 8th, 2007, 05:23:38 AM
I got to play on a Wii for the first time last night... want one so much now >_<

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2007, 11:32:53 AM
It is addicting. ;)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 12:50:49 AM
I bought Zelda for Wii months ago and I still haven't bought a Wii.

Damn it, I just don't want to commit to another console, i'm already neglecting my 360 because of rp.

Yog
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:25:54 PM
If you're strapped for cash, I'd say hold off. Waiting just means there'll be more great games out when you get one. :)

If you do get one, make sure you have some friends over when you hook it up to play Wii Sports with. It's the best way to break it in. :D

I am normally not a Nintendo person (style of graphics does not appeal to me and gameplay feels too kids oriented). But if I ever get a Wii, Wii Sports is the first game I would get. Not only is it a genius way to implement a motion sensor controller, but it is an excellent prerogative for cardio exercise as well. I hear after 10 minutes of boxing, you're pretty pumped. Finally, it looks like an absolute blast in multiplayer..

Here is a video of the Nintendo CEO's playing tennis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmml2v4reY

And here some boxing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmml2v4reY

Blind Molly
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:27:39 PM
Wii Sports comes with every Wii. ;)

Yog
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:31:14 PM
Cool! What other games comes with it, or does it vary?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:34:53 PM
Just Wii Sports. That includes Tennis, Golf, Bowling (awesome!) and Boxing. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:04:02 PM
I hear after 10 minutes of boxing, you're pretty pumped. Finally, it looks like an absolute blast in multiplayer..

I couldn't agree more. We had a tournament of boxing, bowling and baseball. Boxing totally took it out of me. Then again, I'm not in the best of shape ^_^;

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a Wii for Christmas. If not, it's my 21st birthday in January... so I should get some cash to put towards buying one :)