PDA

View Full Version : Empire Died?

Lamar Starworth
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:45:02 PM
Not much is happening here in all black and gray--so I was wondering if I could rustle up something.

At this point our opponents (Rebels) aren't very active either, but maybe some interworkings of the Empire could get the place churning again. Anyone have any ideas?

Ira Yahff
Nov 18th, 2006, 06:04:05 PM
Is there anyone active on the Imperial side?

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 18th, 2006, 06:05:13 PM
Besides me who has no clue what she is doing? :lol

Ira Yahff
Nov 18th, 2006, 06:08:38 PM
Just looking pretty on Doldur :)

But, I've been looking around for some sort of engangement with Imperial troops or Inq of some sort.

Travis North
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:37:26 PM
Hi, I'm Travis. I used to roleplay long, long ago.

Karl Valten
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:53:03 PM
Whack

*Travis is beaned by a wrench*

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:55:32 PM
But if he can dodge that wrench, he can dodge a ball ...

Ira Yahff
Nov 20th, 2006, 04:19:34 PM
Hi, I'm Travis. I used to roleplay long, long ago.

You are still around and kicking, huh? Well kick some more, and throw your face out there.

Cyrill Nineball
Nov 20th, 2006, 05:56:10 PM
And the Inq is available at any time, all you have to do is pm one of us.

Travis North
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:01:53 PM
Well then lets do something big. I sparked the resurgence of fleeting, I'm sure I could do so with a faction. Who's with me?

Khendon Sevon
Nov 21st, 2006, 09:57:05 AM
Not many responses yet, eh?

*Laughs like an evil dictator*

I'll try to get some RPing in during winter break :) That's Dec 20th, but, I'll be available before then (I have a week of nothing before my 2 finals).

PM me, IM me, taaaalk to me.

Danni Reyok
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:04:31 AM
I'm always around and so is Karl. I guess it's been busy.

Travis North
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:00:46 PM
I know people are busy, with school and other things, completely understandable. However I'm glad to see more than two people posting in this thread, answering a call or not. It means it's not a lost cause.

Perhaps I'll even draw a crowd with this idea.

I think we should all, everyone in the Empire, focus on one campaign as players. Sure our 'solo operation' threads with other people have been great and contributing in there own parts to the Empire. But they don't include everyone in the Empire, they may only even be read by the few people involved.

I'd like to change that. I want to create an RP that can include everyone: Fleeters, soldiers, spies, even politicians. I invision a massive collection of threads centered around one campaign intermingled with one another. I've seen the first steps taken to achieve something such as this in roleplays like the cooperation in The Battles of Bestine, and the creativity required in Khendon's Unknown Regions campaign. However the spot light has passed over those RPs so quickly no one had really taken notice ICly or OOCly except for those involved.

Here is a rough idea of what I plan to have in order to achieve this massive roleplay. We create something that upsets the entire galaxy. Something of great power which would be sought by both the Alliance and the Empire. I figure maybe a great space station/ship, something like a dyson sphere perhaps. Anyway it would include troops and fleets all aiming to capture this wonder. It would exercise everyones ability to roleplay with other people in various situations.

Comments, suggestions?

Karl Valten
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:03:58 PM
Hmmm, intersting. Khendon and the INQ have been working towards the eventual coup, but I agree with you.

Here's two ideas I was going to use to have the INQ get an upper hand as a power in it's own right.

1. The Emperor's storehouse for the plagues he had created. Everything from the Krytos to with diseases lethal to almost every race (Even humans). Rebels, Imps, pirates, and what-not would be scrambling for it.

2. The Katana fleet, sure they're old dreadnoughts, but there were what, a hundred or more?

Ira Yahff
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:15:53 PM
The problem I see on the Rebel side is that they aren't exactly that active either. Despite the evident presence of Grace, and the showcase of Dasq there isn't paticularly enough to push a defense/offense in the race for a cure or something of that sort.

Maybe an internal operation of sorts, or something that could work definitively within the push of the New Order in a whole without the absolte dependence on other faction's movements.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:56:39 PM
Well, whatever we think up count me in to help in any capacity as Miranda that I can :)

Lamar Starworth
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:03:52 PM
Well, what do you think? What should we do?

Khaowan Tarbrea
Nov 23rd, 2006, 01:25:54 PM
I think the best idea would to involve the COMPNOR element in it all. The fact that the Emperor died more than a year ago in the timeline sets ground for the COMPNOR to vy for every position as Khendon is doing. In the abscence of Khendon maybe we can rustle up the bustle within the very live New Order to establish the differences between all the organization held under the keen grasp of the Emperor.

Expansions on all fronts of the COMPNOR, including the CompForces, would demand a competitive conflict bordering into a small Imperial Civil War. However it is drawn, people would have to fall in side and would lay the mat down for Khendon to captivate many in the time of division as Chancellor Palpatine did.

The COMPNOR collectivelly warrants more power in the days of the Galactic Civil War than even the Moffs and Grand Moffs do. Miranda and other faces among the Moffs may hope to downplay the strengths of the Select Committee who are the executive branch. Also, the everlasting conflict between the ISB and Imperial Intelligence Organization for uneven disturbition of powers within the military and outside could be dealt through conflicts of the Inquistiors and ISB Agents.

Even strategic undoings of one another's planned assignments in a personal gain and spite would brew into a physical, frontal conflict. Possibly the whole concept could be classified as the Secret Wars of the Galactic Civil War. Battlefields behind the scenes, where it seems it truly is Rebels vs Empire while sabotage provides turmoil on the New Order's side.

What do you guys think?

Park Kraken
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:58:43 AM
The bigger an operation, the more people involved, the more likely it is to fail, unless we simply skip people's turns.

I'm thinking about starting on a little history thread detailing Park's entrance into the Empire and his training period.

Lamar Starworth
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:12:23 PM
We shouldn't completely shy away from big operations. Maybe entering the actual threads we can concede our characters under certain restriction about times away or not posting. Like if we reach a certain point and nothing is happening, the active RP can take control for that point so the story may continue.

R. S. Esalis
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:54:49 AM
Large ops were fun in the past, and I'm sure they will be fun for us far into the future. Just gotta keep people's interest going and whatnot. The ideas so far are great, so let's keep them coming. Maybe a few smaller 'feeder' threads that will tie into one big one? I'm sporadically involved in threads with Colonel Karrnage that are mostly centered around ancient lore, mythological powers centered around the Force, that sort of nutball occult Hitler-esque approach, but I can interject into any threads that people may wish for me to participate in - the Director of Imperial Intelligence is a very busy woman who loves having her dainty little fingers in many many things after all ;)

As for the Rebels, let's not forget Laprovik and his activities, nor Dan and his gunrunning. Think about the smugglers that work for the Alliance, the possible ties they have, and the amount of credits you're willing to offer for their capture.

That's nothing to say of the Jedi. Perhaps someone would want to be in charge of a sort of 'catch and release' program for apprehended Jedi, where the Empire turns them into Sleepers? This would of course be a chance for us to work with those who play Jedi characters and offer an opportunity for everyone to get some character development in as well as some fun cat and mouse/interrogation play.

But those are just a few ideas off the top of my head right this moment.

Hyfe
Nov 26th, 2006, 08:03:44 PM
i r teh empire!!1

Travis North
Nov 26th, 2006, 08:06:20 PM
i r teh empire!!1

That's the spirit!

Lamar Starworth
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:06:59 PM
Well, my character is all over the place. A lot could generate from his interaction with Miranda. Also, I like the concept of the "sleeper" and feeder threads could work a long the way to enter an eventual large event.

The work on the "Force children" could expand a bit more. Bounties could jumble a lot of work a long the way and could intersect all sorts of character's pathways with one another. I think Imperial bounties could generate a lot of fun on all parties.

Karl Valten
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:22:36 PM
What I've been doing with Karl ties in closely with Khendon's rise to power.

Once the thread with LD and Grime is finished, Karl has the last key to make his move and grab the position of Grand Inquisitor. Project Nightmare is established and Y'roth is due for promotion to full Inquisitor (one last thread to finish), Karl's assets in the INQ are in place on key worlds within the Empire, the Maw Installation is in firm control by the INQ, Karl is working on getting an ally/pawn with Russard Enterprises.

All he needs to do is deal with the three High Inquisitors, either forming a partnership/alliance or offing them, and no one can oppose his rank elevation.

Hyfe
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:42:24 PM
u shuld build a death star!

Khendon Sevon
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:25:11 AM
Hyfe, what dragged you from the grave?

:)

I'll probably start RPing again a bit during winter break. Not 100% sure, though. I might start on another novel.

Hyfe
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:28:16 AM
Hidey ho. Some of us were actually just reminiscing at the board I post at about good old SWFans and the old GMA. Was just curious to see if there would still be any familiar faces.

Salem Ave
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:50:19 AM
I still really want to do something with the Sub-Adult Group. I'm just not sure what, yet... but it's too creepy-cool to pass up.

Park Kraken
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:14:29 PM
Hyfe, what dragged you from the grave?

His submarine must of hit an underwater mountian again. :)

I've been thinking about some storyline with my character. How about when Khendon's rise to power comes, Park becomes like a loyalist Imperial, and at first rejects the new Emporer, before joining with him?

Byl Laprovik
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:43:44 PM
Don't mind me, I'm just killing a few upwardly mobile grey-shirts on Coruscant :)

Lamar Starworth
Nov 28th, 2006, 01:22:14 AM
Don't mind me, I'm just killing a few upwardly mobile grey-shirts on Coruscant :)

Khendon might even send you flowers and chocolates for dealing with his messy work for him.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 28th, 2006, 07:21:22 AM
flowers and chocolates? No.

Booze.

Lamar Starworth
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:24:57 PM
Eh, I was close. :)