PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth getting Cinemax?

Kaast Dulli
Nov 1st, 2006, 01:28:08 AM
ok, all 6 movies in HD on Nov 10. It sounds cool to me, but should i pay to get Cinemax for just this one event. Oh, what to do.:)

JMK
Nov 1st, 2006, 09:14:58 AM
No.

Get the DVD's instead (rent or buy).

Besides, if you don't have a widescreen HDTV, you're wasting your money on the cinemax event.

Kaast Dulli
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:15:21 PM
i own all of the dvds. i have an HDTV.

i just think it would be cool to see all six in a row on tv. man, i am a loser.

JMK
Nov 1st, 2006, 01:07:49 PM
I admit, I get excited when I see the commercial as well. There's something cool about watching something on tv - even if you own it already. I think it has to do with the fact that you know tons of other people are watching Star Wars at the same time as you.

That said, I won't get it because I don't have an HDTV yet, nor would I get it.

Darth McBain
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:15:23 PM
i own all of the dvds. i have an HDTV.

i just think it would be cool to see all six in a row on tv. man, i am a loser.

I've done all six in a row plus clone wars... Apart from feeling your legs start to atrophy and your @ss filling with blood from sitting in front of the TV for 18 hours, it was an awesome experience. I wouldn't bother with getting Cinemax to do it, though - just use the DVDs - then you can pause and take pee breaks... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2006, 09:03:38 PM
I have to work on Saturday, but my hubby is camping on the couch at my older brother's house and watching them in HD. I'll probably arrive in time for the OT. :thumbup

Kaast Dulli
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:25:41 AM
there is just something cool about it being on t.v. i could watch the dvds anytime i wanted to, but someone thought it would be a sweet idea to show all of them in a row. that person should be rewarded with my viewership.

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:30:56 AM
that person should be rewarded with my viewership.

Well there you go. You've answered you own question. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 3rd, 2006, 09:41:25 AM
I think a bunch of my friends and I are going to be viewers of this as well. If only for the fact that it will satisfy the geekiness of us without us having to do much work. (Actually setting a time and getting up to pop in the movies when one is finished - someone is diong both of those for us!)

Oh the bliss of being a lazy college student.

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:58:16 AM
Live it up now, once you get to a full time job, life has a way of cracking the whip on a daily basis.

Unless you're a hobo.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:34:40 PM
I love the commerical. I actually have Cinemax, but I don't see myself sitting there for that long. I would just pop in the DVDs although I can't see myself watching all 6 straight.