PDA

View Full Version : My G.I.Joe Collection

jjwr
Oct 26th, 2006, 07:36:01 AM
I finally got a few ok pictures of my G.I.Joe collection. They aren't the greatest of pictures and my stuff isn't displayed the way I want but for now it will have to do until I finish organizing and getting the rest of the stuff up(have a ton more in storage than whats on display).

http://reiltoys.com/personal/collection/

Just scroll down past the box pictures for the new stuff.

JMK
Oct 26th, 2006, 12:11:03 PM
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

So many blasts from the past in there!

Looks awesome dude!

I have no GI Joes left, and I only recently got a vintage Braun tranformer off ebay.

From all the toy sets that were out there, GI Joe had BY FAR the best big toys: the carrier, the terrordrome, etc...

jjwr
Oct 26th, 2006, 01:24:44 PM
Agreed, I don't think any other toy line can even come close to G.I.Joe in the playset department, the stuff is just massive.

Don't forget the Defiant! I have a picture of it in there, the thing is a lot bigger and cooler than it looks in that picture.

Jedieb
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:12:56 PM
Now I know what a great Joe collection looks like. And knowing is half the battle!

Good Lord, I can't think of a line that has a better array of vehicles and playsets than G.I. Joe. Why can't SW get the same kind of treatment?! :cry

JMK
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:06:48 AM
SW has good playsets and vehicles, but not as cool as G.I. Joe. When they did the death star years ago, they really needed to make it big. Or at least, when they did a star destroyer they should have made it as big as what GI Joe did with the aircraft carrier. A big, 4 foot long monster, if not bigger.

jjwr
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:53:57 PM
They would never make toys like this again though, even with the new G.I.Joes of the past few years they won't make any big vehicles as they just don't sell that well. Not sure if they sold well in the 80's but they kept making them.

I remembering going to the stores at X-Mas and seeing the huge G.I.Joe vehicles on the shelves, usually the boxes were bigger than me. I was at an Ames and they had at least one Flagg on the bottom shelf, I remember it was like $110.

In Joe circles my collection isn't much, at least the displayed portion. I have a lot more but the vehicles take up tons of room.

JMK
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:25:31 AM
I guess the giant boxes take up too much shelf room these days. Too bad. The giant playsets were as good as babysitters.

Jedieb
Oct 31st, 2006, 04:19:46 PM
They would never make toys like this again though, even with the new G.I.Joes of the past few years they won't make any big vehicles as they just don't sell that well. Not sure if they sold well in the 80's but they kept making them.

I remembering going to the stores at X-Mas and seeing the huge G.I.Joe vehicles on the shelves, usually the boxes were bigger than me. I was at an Ames and they had at least one Flagg on the bottom shelf, I remember it was like $110.

In Joe circles my collection isn't much, at least the displayed portion. I have a lot more but the vehicles take up tons of room.

I actually hope that playsets will one day be farmed out by Hasbro in the same way they let Sideshow produce 12" figures. A smaller company could do wonders with playsets aimed at collectors. Hasbro hasn't completely given up on playsets though. Just look at that huge Pirates of the Carribean playset that they just produced. (At least I think it's by Hasbro.) A Death Star playset of that scope would make me cry tears of joy.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//TRUS.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2866013dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=2309013&totCount=0

jjwr
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:07:13 AM
Do you have some pictures of that playset?

There have been rumors in the Joe world that they are going to re-release one of the massive sets, not as a store release but a more limited event. They still aren't sure if there is enough interest in it to justify the cost.

Ryan Pode
Dec 7th, 2006, 08:52:31 AM

Do you have the battletank? That was my favorite G.I. Joe vehicle. And the Cobra Ice-Sled when it snowed outside.

jjwr
Jan 12th, 2007, 10:38:28 AM
Do you recall which tank? There are a few, the tan Mauler which was motorized, the Green Mobat(this one is much older, 1982).

Ice Sled...Cobra Wolf? Had some Ski's in front with two cockpits on the left side and a small missle bay in the front?