PDA

View Full Version : Immortals' Night Out

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:06:46 PM
:: Brigid crouched by her motorcycle, polishing the spokes on the front wheel as she waited for Michele. She peeked up over the seat as she heard foot falls on the sidewalk ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:18:43 PM
I got that familiar buzz when I round the corner, but I knew it was Brigid. Hence the no freaking. She wanted to go out and have some fun and invited me along for the ride. Brigid, well Fiona too, had grown tired of seeing my face inside a book 24/7. I needed to have fun. So it was declared a study free zone night!

I have zero clue as to what we're gonna be doing. Brigid is like a big sis to me but I really am at a loss as to what she likes to do besides drink beer and call me 'Kiddo'.

"Hey." I cant my head down to see what she was doing. Nothing major. Just some cleaning of the spokes. Course, if this was like oh six months ago, I wouldn't even know what a spoke was. Thanks to Balan loosing his head, I know all I ever wanted to know about the mechanical aspect of bikes and cars ... and then some.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:30:03 PM
"So what's our destination, Kiddo?" she said, fussing over the motorcycle with a cloth.

Michele Hawkins
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:32:54 PM
See? I told you she likes to call me that. It used to bother the hell outta me. I even called her on it. But now it's more like a term of endearment.

"What? I pick? Uuuuh ..." Talk about being put on the spot. "I figured you had an idea of where we were going once ya talked me into going out."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2006, 01:22:19 PM
"Let's just go see what we can see, then if something strikes your fancy, we'll do it."

:: She mounted the seat and waited for Michele to get on ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 18th, 2006, 01:25:03 PM
"Oh. We're taking the bike?" I walk around it and slide behind Brigid. "I'll warn you. I haven't been on one of these things since ... ever."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2006, 01:35:31 PM
:: Brigid looked over her shoulder with a grin ::

"You're gonna love it."

:: She started the bike and off they went ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 18th, 2006, 01:39:08 PM
I quickly throw on my sunglasses and then hold onto Brigid hips as we take off. Thankfully, she's nice enough to not peel off like a crazy person so I can enjoy the ride. And she's right. It's awesome. Without the contraints of a car, you really get to appreciate the open air; how it feels against your skin (which was rather cool today but comfy) and you can really feel every bump in the road.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2006, 02:01:37 PM
:: They passed a 50's style soda shop, which caused Brigid to swing around and park out front ::

"You ever been here?"

Michele Hawkins
Oct 18th, 2006, 02:07:26 PM
"Held's?" I shake my head, course how can she hear me shaking my head when she's focusing on the road. "No. Pass by it all the time tho."

Anna Held's Florist and Soda Fountain had tons of cold and warm baked treats as far as I know. Fiona raved about the place but I just never found the time to try out the place since moving to our new condo.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2006, 02:10:19 PM
"Wanna go in? Or head downtown?"

Michele Hawkins
Oct 18th, 2006, 02:11:51 PM
When you're alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go ... Downtown. What a crock. It's too crowded and stuffy for my tastes. Not to mention expensive as all hell. "Nah. This is good.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2006, 02:31:53 PM
:: Brigid entered first, looking a bit confused by the interior. It wasn't the way she remembered soda shops back in the fifties. It was a bit too fancy. Nevertheless, it held an appeal as she walked up to the marble top bar ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 18th, 2006, 02:36:46 PM
I hopped onto the stool next to Brigid and swivled back and forth for good measure. What can I say? I love bar stools. Brigid already snagged the menu so I was left with the rather large menu over the back wall. Some things were written in chalk as specials for the day. Course why would a soda shop have specials? I mean, there's only so much you can do with ice cream.

Anyway ... Ooooh. They have mint chocolate chip milkshakes!

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 1st, 2006, 03:04:52 PM
:: Brigid passed the menu over to Michele and wandered to the jukebox to put in some quarters ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:08:21 PM
I set it back down and grin as the waitress comes over.

"Know what'll ya have?"

"Sure do. I want the mint chocolate chip milkshake. Hey Brig?" I swivel around towards her direction. "What didja want?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 4th, 2006, 09:17:35 AM
"Rootbeer float" she replied, sliding onto the barstool.

Michele Hawkins
Nov 4th, 2006, 10:14:38 AM
"So, whatcha pick on the jukebox?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 4th, 2006, 11:28:23 AM
:: 'Bye Bye Love' by The Everley Brothers hit as the Jukebox came to life, and Brigid tapped her foot at the bar ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 4th, 2006, 11:31:37 AM
Bye bye, love.
Bye bye, happiness.
Hello, loneliness.
I think I'm a-gonna cry-y.

Bye bye, love.
Bye bye, sweet caress.
Hello, emptiness.
I feel like I could di-ie.
Bye bye, my love, goodby-ye.

There goes my baby
With-a someone new.
She sure looks happy.
I sure am blue.
She was my baby
'Til he stepped in.
Goodbye to romance
That might have been.

Bye bye, love.
Bye bye, happiness.
Hello, loneliness.

Bye bye, love.
Bye bye, sweet caress.
Hello, emptiness.

I'm a-through with romance.
I'm a-through with love.
I'm through with-a countin'
The stars above
And here's reason
That I'm so free:
My lovin' baby
Is a-through with me.

Bye bye, love.
Bye bye, happiness.
Hello, loneliness.

Bye bye, love.
Bye bye, sweet caress.
Hello, emptiness.

Catchy beat to a really depressing song. I mean seriously, why the hell are people so cheery when singing about a break up?

"So, is this just a favorite song of yours, or is this a prediction of me and Fiona?" I elbow her playfully and give her a smile to let her know I'm just being silly.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 4th, 2006, 11:49:12 AM
"Just a random pick."

:: She grinned and countered playfully ::

"Not the way she fusses over you. The old girl is head over heels."

Michele Hawkins
Nov 4th, 2006, 12:21:08 PM
"I know. I'm just glad we're done with secrets. Well, I know there'll be secrets just that the really big ones are outta the way."

My eyes narrow as I begin to wonder and second guess myself.

"I think."

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 4th, 2006, 12:46:24 PM
:: Brigid chuckled ::

"I've known Fiona a long time, and she's never loved anyone the way she loves you, kiddo." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Nov 4th, 2006, 12:49:56 PM
My cheeks puff up and blush while I smile. "Thank you."

Fiona always told me the same thing, but it's soooo nice hear it from someone else. Makes those worries melt away blissfully, ya know?

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 13th, 2006, 03:27:37 PM
:: Brigid was sipping her soda when she felt the buzz. Looking in the mirror over the bar, she could see the reflection of somone in the window outside ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 13th, 2006, 03:30:04 PM
I felt the presence of another Immortal and I look towards Brigid to see what was up. She was focused straight ahead, looking casual. And here's me, turning around as if to say, 'Hey look at me! Immortal right here!'

Bleh. I have to learn to be cool.

Junko Matsuda
Nov 13th, 2006, 03:46:51 PM
:: A young girl peered back at Michele, and after a moment of staring, smiled at her ::

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 13th, 2006, 03:51:51 PM
:: Brigid kept a poker face, not turning around until the other immortal had wandered away from the window ::

"Be right back, kiddo."

:: She slid off her barstool and made a bee line for the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:01:56 PM
Huh? What the hell? "But ... wait!" I started to slide off the stool but Brigid was already out the door. Now, I could go after her and see what's up but I dunno. Something told me to sit put for a change and behave myself ... For a change.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:11:30 PM
:: Five minutes crept by, then Brigid stepped back inside and took her seat again ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:15:13 PM
I was nervously sipping my milkshake and staring at the clock like a hawk, waiting for Brigid to come back. I was gonna give her five minutes. That should be plenty of time for introductions and what not. But at five minutes 1 second, I am so out that door.

I was already off my stool when Brigid came back so I smoothly sat back down like I wasn't worried. When she hopped back onto the stool, I look towards her with greedy curiosity, waiting for a breakdown of what happened outside. "... So?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:30:17 PM
:: Brigid gave a casual shrug ::

"So nothing. I lost her."

Michele Hawkins
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:42:03 PM
Hmmm .... I raise a brow. "Really?"

Brigid is pretty good. I find this hard to believe.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:45:03 PM
"Whoever she is, she knows how to disappear when she wants to."

Michele Hawkins
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:49:13 PM
"Oh. Great." I play with my straw, swirling around the ice cream. "Think we should call Fiona?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:54:37 PM
"That depends on you. The night is young. If you call Mom now I can guarantee we'll be sent home."

Michele Hawkins
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:59:12 PM
I make a yuck face. "Okay, please don't call her that, especially since I think of you with Sisterly affection."

I gain my composure and smile. "But seriously, I'm thinking you and I should just tell her later. Like, when we get home. After we had our fun."

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 2nd, 2006, 09:49:05 AM
:: Brigid flashed a crooked smile ::

"Let's go."

Michele Hawkins
Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:02:36 AM
I sucked down the rest of my milkshake quickly, which of course caused brain freeze. It's worth it! No way am I letting this tasty treat be washed away!!! My eyes bug out and then I punch my nose while the headache subsides. Soon as I can walk straight, we head outside after Brigid pays the check.

"We're to next boss?"

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:18:29 PM
:: Brigid chuckled at the sight and slid onto the motorcycle. She gave a crooked smile ::

"I know a place."

:: Then she revved the bike and waited for Michele to get on ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:20:59 PM
"I sense mischief in your voice." I hop onto the bike and hold onto her waist. "Much mischief in fact, especially by that grin.”

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:26:16 PM
:: She feigned a look of total innocence before they drove off, and into downtown ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:28:17 PM
I shake my head with a bid ol' smile. Oh yeah, she was up to something. Her silence more then confirmed my suspicions.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:39:21 PM
:: Moments later, they pulled up outside a club with flashing lights inside. A few of the street people looked like vamps ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:42:12 PM
I was so happy that my sunglasses were on, because I think my eyes just fell outta my head.

"Are you crazy!" I whap her on the arm. "This isn't the Succubus Club where we're under some protection."

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:46:02 PM
"Relax, kiddo. We've got nothing to fear."

:: She smiled back at the sneering brujah chick at the door. There seemed to be a recognition factor between them ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:47:19 PM
I clear my throat as we walk by and a flip a thumb behind me. "Old friend?"

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:00:10 PM
"Heh."

:: The Brujah gave an uncomfortable eye twitch as Brigid looked over her shoulder ::

"Not really."

:: An industrial grind filled their ears as they went inside, with smoke and strobing lights ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:10:18 PM
The bass is pounding in my ears and reverberating all throughout the floors. As an industrial club, everywhere you look was black and leather; heads that were bald, spiky or dyed black. Oh, and for those that didn't dig the leather, torn up jeans were worn. Brigid blended in much better then me, as evident by a lot of stares that were directed at me. I try and keep focus on my Immortal counterpart. I so did not want to get lost in a place like this.

What the hell were we doing here anyway?

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:19:56 PM
:: Brigid walked through the club with a casual grace, like she owned it. The few looks they got were a strange mix of fear, resentment, and lust. Brigid didn't seem to care, as she danced in the center of the floor around Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:21:58 PM
Whoa!!! Back it up a sec!!!

I grab Brigid's arm easily enough. "Woman!" I tug her close and whisper in her ear. "I can't dance!"

I was quaking with fear. One of the few things that Fiona couldn't break me out of was dancing. My body just doesn't move like that and I feel like a flailing fish when I try.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:28:51 PM
:: Brigid waved a dismissive hand at the thrashing, jumping, bobbing sea of people around them ::

"Neither can they, and they're having fun!!!" :lol

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:33:02 PM
I look around like a deer in headlights. Not out of fear but more like confusion. Brigid was right. Everyone was just kinda slamming into each other without care or just kinda, thrashing their bodies around. Damn. I thought I danced bad.

"Yeah, but their not shy about it." Another truth tho ... As weird as they were, they weren't afraid.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:28:42 PM
:: Brigid openly teased the vamps around her with her dancing, undulating her body to the throbbing music. None of them dared to taste of her blood, even though she seemed to offer herself. She cast an eye to Michele and caught her hands ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:43:20 PM
I think it's official. Brigid is insane. Okay, she's always been insane, this is just more so then usual. The woman is making a pack of hungry Vampires even more hungry by dancing around like she's some sort of blood doll on crack. I see the angry glares in our direction, but some of them are scared, and it's sure as hell not because of me. What the hell did Brigid do that has them all squirreled tailed around here?

Gah!

She takes my hands and tries to pull me in to dance. I try and pull away but she's stronger then me. All I can do is look like a deer in headlights as the masses dance around me. Yep, my feet are stuck to the floor like glue and I ain't moving.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:06:21 PM
:: An hour later, they were outside the club. Brigid was grinning from ear to ear ::

"You ok?"

Michele Hawkins
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:11:49 PM
I was sweating and white as a sheet from my experience. I'm not sure what to call my experience since I have no idea what I looked like dancing. I just mimicked what Brigid did, swaying my arms and hopping around like a rabbit. Eventually I just clung against her for moral support as beady little eyes from the crowd wanted to devour me ...

"... No." It was all I could say as I hopped onto the bike.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:21:26 AM
:: A few Brujah waited across the street, giving them both dirty looks. Unlike the rest, this bunch looked froggy ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:30:21 AM
"So are we going home or what?" Brigid wasn't paying attention to me tho. I followed her gaze and groaned. "Great. Now look at whatcha did."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:42:12 AM
:: Brigid feigned innocence as she revved the bike ::

"Hold on."

::They sped off, with the brujah bikers in hot pursuit ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:44:42 AM
I wrap myself around Brigid tightly so I don't get thrown off the bike. I think I might've swore too but with the engine revving into gear, I really can't hear much of anything. Man, if Fiona finds out about this, we are so gonna loose our heads ...

Fiona Devlin
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:21:10 PM
:: Fiona paced in front of the couch, where the two younger Immortals sat. Brigid looked like a panda, with two black eyes, but was otherwise unharmed as she propped her feet on the ottoman and sipped a bottle of Guinness. Fiona's cheeks puffed, always a prelude to a hissy fit ::

"WHAT THE HELL???"

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:27:54 PM
I wince, knowing that was coming, which produced a whine as my arm was still banged up bad from that fight. I think I tore .. something. Who knows, and I look worse then Brigid. During the wipe out, my face got a nice shave against the pavement when I ended up on my side as if sliding into home base. Top three layers of my right cheek were taken off at the start of it. Thanks to my Immortality, I have only two missing.

"Well, there was a fight." Fiona looked at us expecting more of an explanation. "A big one?"

Her eyes narrowed. I sense her patience growing thin.

"With ... Vamps?"

I hide under a pillow.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:41:24 PM
:: Brigid rolled her eyes after a gulp of beer and flashed a winning smile ::

"Relax, it was nothing. Just a couple of young licks. Besides, the kiddo kicked some tail."

:: She beamed proudly as Michele peeked out from under the pillow, and passed her the bottle of beer ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:43:06 PM
"Ugh! After I peeled my face off the concrete!" I push the beer away and smack her with the pillow. "And if it weren't for you flaunting it all over the club, they wouldn't have been after us in the first place!"

Fiona Devlin
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:51:47 PM
:: Fiona's eyes narrowed at Brigid ::

"I remind you we have a new prince in the city now. She doesn't exactly trust us, given our reputation."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:57:24 PM
:: Brigid held her hands up high ::

"Okay, okay, I get it. I'm sorry. No one got staked, and nothing got breached."

:: She stood up ::

"I'm turning in now."

:: She left the beer on the table ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:05:27 PM
I felt bad for going off on Brigid like that. She just wanted us to have some fun but I really wasn't interested in a Vampire tango. I was having a wicked awesome time until the club tho ...

Now me and Fiona were left alone and yeah, no awkwardness here. "Don't be too hard on her. She's right. No one was killed. Everything was normal till that point ..."

Weird. Brigid leaves and I feel the need to stick up for her.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:21:16 PM
:: Fiona flopped down in the vacant spot beside Michele and picked up the beer, drinking the last of it with a sigh ::

"I know."

:: She absent-mindley caught Michele's hand, for comfort, and stared up at the ceiling ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:22:44 PM
That didn't sound all too convincing. I squeeze her hand and snuggle up next to her. "Something wrong?"

Fiona Devlin
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:36:54 PM
"We'll talk about it later. I'm tired."

:: She leaned her head on Michele's shoulder, and a look of peace washed over her ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:43:29 PM
"Okay ..." I didn't press the issue, hell I was tired myself considering. I just gave her a gentle peck on her head and held her close. Soon she was asleep in my arms and I knew the exact moment it happened too by the way she's breathing, all soft and steady.

I unwrap myself around her and pick her up into my arms so I can carry her off into the bedroom. As comfy as she may be on the couch, I really need a bed for my bruised and battered body. She'd probably appreciate it too ...

Fiona barely stirred in my arms as I lay her down gently. I don't bother to get undressed, cept for the shoes which I flung off. I slide on next to her and wrap an arm around her waist to let her know I'm there. After that, it was lights out for me as soon as my head hit the pillow ...