PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:01:48 PM
I won't pretend to know a whole lot about the mythos of the Silver Surfer and how he fits in with the Fantastic Four, but here are some pictures from the production of the new movie.

:) I thought he was supposed to be silver, not green.*

http://swf-agglomeration.net/photos/silversurfer1.jpg

http://swf-agglomeration.net/photos/silversurfer2.jpg

*yes I know, motion capture. Laugh, dammit!

Source (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53992173@N00/267214393/in/photostream/)

JMK
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:14:55 PM
Cool pictures!

Razielle Alastor
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:49:37 PM
-squeal- I love the Silver Surfer! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 16th, 2006, 05:43:58 PM
I think I will pass, it has the same cast, writer and director as the first one so it will suck.

JMK
Oct 17th, 2006, 07:23:09 AM
I'll probably end up seeing it, though I won't get my hopes up one bit until I hear some word of mouth. I was very let down by the first. It had what probably was the worst climax I've ever seen...not to mention some really lame characters. Thing was the only good part of the movie. Doctor Doom was alright too....but will he be around for part 2?

Razielle Alastor
Oct 17th, 2006, 08:26:53 AM
Doctor Doom was alright too....but will he be around for part 2?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four:_Rise_of_the_Silver_Surfer

Mr. Fantastic says, Yes!

Yeah Doom was the only thing I really enjoyed about the first one, so without him I'd be sort of iffy. But I do like the Silver Surfer so I think I'll give it a fair chance.

Shawn
Oct 17th, 2006, 11:07:29 AM
:( It saddens me that there will finally be a movie with Galactus in it, and they're sure to screw it up.

Teroch Tor
Oct 17th, 2006, 12:01:47 PM
:( It saddens me that there will finally be a movie with Galactus in it, and they're sure to screw it up.

I agree. Galactus is an awesome character. I've never really liked the Silver Surfer, I always found his comics boring *shrug*

JMK
Oct 17th, 2006, 12:25:53 PM

Again, it's going to be a case of too much style and not enough substance. If the way Doom was developed is any indication, then Galactus is going to be a bust for sure. Neither are characters that should be introduced, and knocked off in a 90 minute movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 17th, 2006, 10:07:37 PM
I hated how they created Doom in the movie. First they picked an average actor who didn't fit the character at all. And second he never came off to me as a genius like he is in the comics. I also hated they gave him powers. I like him in the comics where he doesn't have any powers.

Shawn
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:44:40 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/ - trailer

About what I was expecting. :(

Yog
Dec 26th, 2006, 06:00:15 AM
Even though its probably going to suck on multiple levels, the first movie entertained me, so I will make sure to at least watch this once, although probably not in theaters.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:09:02 AM
I'm hoping they learn from the mistakes of the first one and load this one with a lot more action. The characters have some cool powers so lets see more of them!

I really hope the CGI on Silver Surfer stands up, he could end up looking quite cheesy if its not done right.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:15:44 PM
Well, that did nothing for me. It wasn't especially awful, by any means, but it didn't make me feel like I wanted to go out and pay money to see it.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:37:51 PM
the trailer is an entire movie sequence? Oh lordy... DOOM I sense doom and not the masked kind unless they show a more spectacular compilation of stuff

Zereth Lancer
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:47:55 PM
The trailer left me feeling empty. It seemed so cheesy. But I'm not going to judge the entire movie on just one trailer. Although, I did not know the Silver Surfer could pass through things, but then again I don't know much about the Silver Surfer.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:42:32 PM
It does make me wonder why they would key off the Silver Surfer, especially with the name of the movie. So few people know who he is.

I personally loved the look of it and think it could be a lot of fun, I'll wait till I see a more indepth trailer though.

Shawn
Dec 26th, 2006, 10:39:11 PM
I figure the Surfer will be the focus of most of the movie, and the end will be a cliffhanger with the introduction of Big G. Calling it now.

JMK
Dec 27th, 2006, 08:35:22 AM
My feeling is, if Jessica Alba is in it I'll watch it, even if the mute button is on. ;)

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:14:35 PM
My feeling is, if Jessica Alba is in it I'll watch it, even if the mute button is on. ;)

I'd rather watch grass grow

JMK
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:24:30 PM
Then go watch grass grow. :p

Mitch
Dec 27th, 2006, 08:27:58 PM
He can't. He's in Australia. All the kangaroos and koala bears ate it.

Kaast Dulli
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:26:44 AM
i just think it is strange that it is coming out the same summer as spiderman 3. i mean, 3 is going to rule, so any other superhero movie will fail in- comparision.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:51:41 PM
Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, Harry Potter 3 (er 5), FF2 and I think there was another trilogy movie coming out that has now slipped my mind. Summer 2007 is the Year of the Sequel.

Darth McBain
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:54:13 AM
I was completely underwhelmed by this trailer. The cheese factor on this looks like its gonna be high...

Liam Jinn
Dec 29th, 2006, 12:43:44 PM
Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, Harry Potter 3 (er 5), FF2 and I think there was another trilogy movie coming out that has now slipped my mind. Summer 2007 is the Year of the Sequel.

Pirates of the Carribean?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:17:26 PM
Thank you, that's the one. ;)

Rutabaga
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:47:07 PM
I think I'm going to be living in my local movie theater all next summer :D.

Although the FF sequel won't be one of the movies I'll be seeing, I didn't have any desire to see the first one so I have zero interest in the next one.

Droo
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:41:00 PM
Pirates of the Carribean?

Wafer-thin Patronising Yawn of the Self-aggrandising Yawn?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:14:54 PM
I saw the trailer with Night at the Museum. I have to say it wasn't that great. The surfer looks cool, but I think the movie will be like the first. I just hated how they destroyed Doom, he was nothing like his comic book counterpart. I doubt I will even watch the sequel.

Liam Jinn
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:53:42 PM
Wafer-thin Patronising Yawn of the Self-aggrandising Yawn?

Don't get your panties in a bunch sweetheart, I was just seeing if that was the movie she was forgetting. Personally, I didn't care for the last one anyways. So shhhh.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:19:48 PM
Don't get your panties in a bunch sweetheart, I was just seeing if that was the movie she was forgetting. Personally, I didn't care for the last one anyways. So shhhh.

I liked it myself but that is my opinion. But Summer of 2007 is going to be nuts here are the sequels that I can think of
Spiderman 3
Shrek the Third
POTC At Worlds End
Fantastic Four 2
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Bourne Ultimative
Rush Hour 3
and I think I am forgetting something.

Droo
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:11:54 AM

I know, I just wanted to have a dig at it because I watched it a few days ago and actually found myself incredibly bored. It's not a patch on the first film whatsoever.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:18:29 PM
I liked the trailer. :mneh I thought it was "cool"

Certainly not a cinematic masterpiece, but what where you guys expecting after the first one?

Morgan Evanar
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:30:07 PM
That trailer was awful and it has the same director as the last one? :(

Rutabaga
Dec 31st, 2006, 05:05:52 PM
Saw the trailer today, and I thought it was pretty dorky. I'm admittedly biased, though, since I have zero interest in it. It also didn't help that they showed this trailer after the trailer for Spider-Man 3. Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous.... ;)

I'll tell you what trailer I saw today that left me feeling surprised that my immediate response was, Hey, I might have to go see that movie..... The Transformers movie! :lol

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:37:31 PM
I am so going to Transformers. My local cinema does a "pay £10, and see as much as you want for a month". Methinks I might be getting that soon...

Admittedly, I don't remember much from Fantastic Four from when I was younger - I remember the basics, who was who, etc, but not much detail. I think the first film was aimed at people like me. They picked a format that they thought would work as a "family" film, hence the comparative lack of action.

But yeah. Obviously, F4 won't be a patch on Spiderman. Its not gonna have me on the edge of my seat like some films have in the past. It won't leave me buzzing when I leave. It looks to me like a "take your girlfriend" film - it doesn't really matter if you aren't paying attention to what's on the screen. ;)

Karl Valten
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:45:03 PM
I like the new kid....he's funny.

Videl
Jan 10th, 2007, 10:34:15 PM
saw the trailer during Night of the Museum, didn't really wow me at all, I may still go see it but it wasn't a "ooooo, I want to see that!" kinda feeling.....

Llewelyn Voss
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:04:02 PM
I really like Ioan Gruffudd, but I saw a clip of the film earlier today and almost cringed because it was so chivalrously corny. :(

Sigh, at least there's 'Amazing Grace' to tied me over.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:15:13 PM
I'm a sucker for comic books and comic book movies, so I definitely will see this somewhere down the line. I actually think it'll be quite good, and I think the Surfer rocks. Such an awesome character.

Dragon
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:37:23 AM
I predict yet another mind-numbing barrage of shameless product placement.

Rutabaga
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:50:52 AM
I really like Ioan Gruffudd, but I saw a clip of the film earlier today and almost cringed because it was so chivalrously corny. :(

I saw Amazing Grace when it was out in theaters, it was wonderful :thumbup.

They showed a clip from FF during Ghost Hunters last night...ugh. Everything I see from it looks like a cartoon. I suppose that might be the point, but still, it just isn't my cup of tea at all. I'll be seeing POTC again this weekend instead, thank you very much :).

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:02:23 AM

I saw Amazing Grace when it was out in theaters, it was wonderful :thumbup.

They showed a clip from FF during Ghost Hunters last night...ugh. Everything I see from it looks like a cartoon. I suppose that might be the point, but still, it just isn't my cup of tea at all. I'll be seeing POTC again this weekend instead, thank you very much :).

I agree with you, and I can't watch it because I just hate what they did to Doctor Doom. The man is a genius and he seems like a buffon in these movies.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:05:16 PM
Sneak peek tonight! That's right, you may all begin your jealousy now. :angel

Javier Spencer
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:46:35 PM
Sneak peek tonight! That's right, you may all begin your jealousy now. :angel:grumble

I'm actually really looking forward to this movie. Silver Surfer is one of my favorite Marvel heroes. The first one was okay, though I felt like The Thing carried most of the awesome (which is fine, he's my favorite character in the FF).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 10:50:59 PM
:| They were out of seats when our friend showed up with the passes to exchange for tickets. :shakefist

I shall see it tomorrow evening with the rest of the peons. :grumble

Javier Spencer
Jun 15th, 2007, 10:32:24 PM
I'm seeing it at noon. Evening plans keep me from seeing it at a reasonable time, so I'll be eating a late lunch. Food < Norrin Radd.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 01:24:26 PM
Here's my little review:

The Fantastic Four part of the movie was forgettable at best. :zzz

The Silver Surfer part of the movie saved it. :dance

Yog
Jun 16th, 2007, 01:50:48 PM
Using the 5 star scale, what would you rate it? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 01:53:22 PM
Three stars out of five. Maybe 2 1/2 because of that awful Fantasticar with a HEMI because its Dodge. Get it? Hur hur hur. :rolleyes

Johnny Storm's "sponsor" laden suit was hilarious, the Dodge emblems all over the Fantasticar were awful. :x

Mu Satach
Jun 16th, 2007, 03:45:59 PM
Hmmmm... sunday matinee? or dollar movie?

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:10:35 PM

Sounds more like find something else to watch and not worth even downloading

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 16th, 2007, 05:07:27 PM

This is from somebody with a signature from Ultraviolet, lol.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:09:32 PM
It was better than Ultraviolet. ;)

I think you can see it as a matinee, Mu. The Silver Surfer was awesome.

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:30:20 PM
It was better than Ultraviolet. ;)

I think you can see it as a matinee, Mu. The Silver Surfer was awesome.

Haha, you watched both Silver Surfer and Ultraviolet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:39:34 PM
Shush you. :shakefist

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:52:46 PM

This is from somebody with a signature from Ultraviolet, lol.

Who said I watched Ultraviolet? Dude, I have SOME taste in movies :p

Mu Satach
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:58:28 PM
Well, if you never watched it, that explains a few things. Anyone who saw Ultraviolet wouldn't be able to even look at an image from it without gagging. :lol

hmmm... maybe I'll catch F4 at the local movie pub so I can have a Smirnoff and a plate of nachos. :)

Javier Spencer
Jun 16th, 2007, 08:04:04 PM
I liked it! The Surfer and The Thing were damn near perfect, and since they're my favorite characters, I am happy.

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 16th, 2007, 08:38:54 PM
I cannot watch anything else with Michael Chiklas in it, because I am going to expect him to act like Vic Mackey. Its hard enough watching the odd episode of the Commish or Seinfeld and seeing him not beating the crap out of somebody with a phonebook or drowning them with a bottle of mustard.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 08:51:57 PM
I liked it! The Surfer and The Thing were damn near perfect, and since they're my favorite characters, I am happy.They were definitely the high points of the movie.

Low points: Jessica Alba's straw-like hair and blue contacts. For serious, why not cast an actual blue-eyed blond as Sue Storm? Casting a latina in the role was more than just a stretch. Even Kristen Dunst would have been a better choice.

Javier Spencer
Jun 16th, 2007, 09:43:01 PM
I liked it! The Surfer and The Thing were damn near perfect, and since they're my favorite characters, I am happy.They were definitely the high points of the movie.

Low points: Jessica Alba's straw-like hair and blue contacts. For serious, why not cast an actual blue-eyed blond as Sue Storm? Casting a latina in the role was more than just a stretch. Even Kristen Dunst would have been a better choice.But I like Kirsten Dunst. At the very least I thought she did well as Mary Jane. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other blonde and blue-eyed actresses apart from Elisha Cuthbert, who I just can't see as Sue Storm.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 16th, 2007, 09:52:36 PM
Naomi Watts might have made a decent-looking Sue Storm, but I doubt she would have taken the part.

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:32:26 PM
Naomi Watts might have made a decent-looking Sue Storm, but I doubt she would have taken the part.

I don't think casting ruined Sue Storm. It's lines like this:

Dr. Doom: Now now, lets not fight.
Sue Storm: No, lets!
:whaa

Laodice Laos
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:52:19 AM
"Mr. Fantastic" is kind of a cop-out superhero name. It really explains nothing.

^

That is the thought that made me miss most of this film. Not that it's anything to cry over.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:21:34 AM
Mr. Stretchy-Man is even worse though. :p

Scarlett Johansen might have worked as Sue Storm, if she wasn't so A-List right now that she probably wouldn't have taken it.

sirdizzy
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:49:27 PM
Well, if you never watched it, that explains a few things. Anyone who saw Ultraviolet wouldn't be able to even look at an image from it without gagging. :lol

hmmm... maybe I'll catch F4 at the local movie pub so I can have a Smirnoff and a plate of nachos. :)

dude wait was is this pup movie you speak of, now thats sounds like an awesome way to watch a movie, tell me more

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:50:53 PM
We have them all over the place here as well. You have to wait until a movie is usually in the dollar theatres and then the movie pub places usually have it too.

sirdizzy
Jun 17th, 2007, 11:33:34 PM
first off its Utah and secondly not even the good part of utah, we are run by religious zealots who think drinking is bad, now Mu lives in the good part of Utah where drinking is frowned upon but not practically downright banned

Jedieb
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:25:25 PM
I saw it over the weekend with my son. After the first one I wasn't expecting much but I actually enjoyed it. It got laughs in all the right parts and Johnny and the Surfer were pretty good. It also wasn't hampered by all of the whining from the first flick; "Why do we have these powers? Super powers are BAD! Waaaaahhh!" Sue and Richards had a little bit of that but not enough to get annoying. My son had a good time so it hit its target audience. 8 year olds across the world may rejoice, Hollywood's made another movie for you!

Doc Milo
Jun 23rd, 2007, 03:39:13 PM
8 year olds across the world may rejoice, Hollywood's made another movie for you!

Then when I go to see it, I will drop the "thirty" from my age, and see it only as an 8 year old. Yippee!

Itala Marzullo
Jul 7th, 2007, 10:59:08 PM
I curse Jessica Alba and the idiotic corporate machine that wants butterfly dollars and casts idiots like that! She definitely looks nothing like Sue Storm.

Otherwise, decent second half, 7 out of 10. The Silver surfer was awesome though.

Mu Satach
Jul 17th, 2007, 11:15:44 PM
first off its Utah and secondly not even the good part of utah, we are run by religious zealots who think drinking is bad, now Mu lives in the good part of Utah where drinking is frowned upon but not practically downright banned

Better than that, I'm moving to the quirky 9th&9th district at the end of this month where coffee shops, the Tower, Liberty Park and wacky people with dogs rule the streets!

dude wait was is this pup movie you speak of, now thats sounds like an awesome way to watch a movie, tell me more

Brewvies Cinema Pub
677 South 200 West
http://www.brewvies.com/

It's not a bad place to catch a flick with friends. :)