PDA

View Full Version : The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (Legion)

Teroch Tor
Oct 14th, 2006, 06:18:34 PM
The jungles, dark and foreboding, were the home of some of the galaxy's most dangerous creatures. The troublesome Cannoks, the ravenous Bomas, small, but absolutely relentless Maalraas, and the huge, armored quadruped Zakkegs. Each was capable of overpowering a Mandalorian. The Cannocks, Bomas, and Maalraas attacked in numbers while the Zakkegs were perfectly capable of slaughtering a group Mandalorians single-handily. It was a harsh world and the denizens of this Moon had lived in constant fear of death. They did not fear death itself, but rather to die while they slumber in their camps. To die without a weapon in their hand was to die without honor. But that was life on Dxun, and save for the brief merging of Onderon and Dxun's atmospheres during Onderon's summer season. It was in this area where the "atmosphere bridge" forms that the Mandalorians live. Their crude camp is constructed of metal plates taken from down space vessels, forged together to form walls and ceilings. Crudes huts made of clay, mud, and wood were also used and lived within. Slowly that camp evolved into a city of sorts, a fortress camp that the Mandalorians could safely hide and plot. Where only the annual forming of the "atmosphere bridge" brought them trouble, and a chance to prove their strength.

But something new was brewing in the center of the Mandalorian camp: Rebellion. The camp, a collection of ship salvage slapped together to form shelters, was a strangely silent as the Rebel, Mandalorian Huntress Teroch Tor, took her stage. Her words of open rebellion stunned many of those listening, while infuriating others and others still agreed with her. She spoke out against Mandalore and his decisions of peace, or rather his lack of fighting spirit. She reminded her brethren of the days of old, when Mandalorians had ruled land, air, and space with their highly trained armies and brute force tactics. No one had been able to stand against them for a hundred years and then everything had gone to smack. Fighting between clans demolished their once proud race and scattered them around the known galaxy, never to be fully united again. Also, she bluntly pointed out how far they'd fallen since those golden days of old. Her words were a wedge that was thrust between those listening and their leader, Mandalore. Those that agreed with her were silent, and those that did not made themselves known. No one swayed to her side, to overthrow Mandalore for a Mandalorian worthy of the title, one willing to at least crush the inhabitants of Iziz City. She was lead out of the encampment and cast away like a defective blaster. She was warned never to return, but she had no intentions to anyways. If no one would listen to reason then she would take things into her own hands...

The camps were left behind as she forged her way into the jungles. Any animal dumb enough to get in her way died quite suddenly under a hail of blaster fire. Anything large enough to daunt her was avoided and snuck past, or eliminated from afar. Nothing was going to stop her from reaching her destination. Where was she going? To the last known location of the individual known only as Legion. The man had been seen in the jungle several miles from the Mandalorian camp by a Mandalorian scout. The chances that the strange, murderous man was still near that location was slim, but it was the only lead that she had to go on.

The fiolage split and parted as she stepped from the bushes and entered the small clearing that the scout had seen Legion in. Teroch Tor was garmented as any Mandalorian, in the sense that she wore body armor from head to toe. Her armor, though, was a slimmed down and lighter version then the typical Mandalorian armor model, and possessed an enlarged forward breast plate that revealed her gender. Each Mandalorian's armor was unique in the way it was constructed, the build in weapons and equipment add-ons, and the colors. Her armor was nearly all silver, but was a dark green in various areas. A dark green cape hung from her shoulders and dropped down her back and ended at the top of the back of her knees. She wore no jet pack. A blaster hung from each hip and a long barreled sniper blaster rifle rested secured to her back by it's leather strap. She stepped across the clearing until she reached the center; placing herself in the worse position possible. She could be attacked or shot from anywhere and any angle, except directly above and below her. If Legion was around he would be able to see her without trouble.

Legion
Oct 16th, 2006, 11:17:58 PM
Legion was toiling over the map in of Onderon in the center of the Keep. When two officers entered. "Sir the sniper that you left at our last location has spotted some activity. Its one of us Sir." Legion looked over his knife that was buried in the map. "WELL! what does he report?"

The Mandorlore is standing in the open making it very clear to be seen. Legion thought only for a second. "Have the sniper extend him an invitation. One pulse tracker shot. Then send six men to pick him up and bring him here."

"Yes Sir" The Mandorlore saluted. Legions eye twitched in eagerness. He was either more food for the Slithe or another recruit. Either way it benefitted him...

Teroch Tor
Oct 18th, 2006, 05:29:52 PM
There was no sound as the sniper pulled the trigger and launched the round at the Tor. Her helmet's built-in sensors picked up the heat signature, but if she had acted on that she'd have been dead, well, if the shot had been aimed at her. She dived to the side as soon as she realized she was under fire, rolled to her feet, and came up with a single blaster drawn in her right hand. She didn't run or take cover, she was risking even more by assuming this was Legion. She stepped back into the center of the field, her blaster pointed at the floor. From the forest materialized six armed soldiers unfamiliar to Tor. She holstered her weapon and spread her empty arms out, a sign of peace, or at least no intentions to kill those men, not yet anyway.

"I wish to meet with the being called Legion," Her voice slithered out of her helmet's speakers, her voice quite monotone, either because of a glitch in her comm-system or because her actual voice sounded like that.

Legion
Oct 18th, 2006, 10:39:26 PM
The commander saluted the female Mandolorian. "I wish to meet with the being called Legion,"

"It can be arrainged but of course you must put all your weapons on the ground, you must be shackled and blindfolded. Do you agree to these terms." As he spoke the four Mandolorians circled Teroch Tor there blasters aimed at her head if she didn't comply." There was still the sniper and he also had his crosshairs aimed at Terochs chest. Everyone tensed waiting for the answer.

Teroch Tor
Oct 19th, 2006, 06:16:54 PM
Drop her weapons, blindfold? Both were impossible unless she removed her armor. Her armor had built in weapons and with her sensor package she'd be able to 'see' just fine. But she agreed. Her blasters were powered down, slipped out of their holsters, and handed, handle first, to a mandalorian on either side of her. She despised those Mandalorians. They were traitors, too caught up in their own greet for combat to retain their alligience to Mandalore. Tor was not like them, she simply wanted to see the Mandalorians restored, and destroying the Onderonians was just the first step.

Her sniper rifle was also handed over, along with a dagger sheathed along the side of her boot. Grenades were handed over and she was 'clean', if you didn't include the wrist mounted laser/flamethrower attached to her wrist. This could not be removed without spending a large amount of time stripping it from her arm, more time then she had. So she powered it down and locked it with a random code and sent the code via her comlink to the helmet of the man speaking to her. Now she was fully unarmed, or was she? She still had her body, and she was more then a match for most Mandalorians, "Shall we be off?"

Legion
Oct 19th, 2006, 10:05:15 PM
A quick scan of the armor and they loaded up and where on there way. A hour later they where arriving at the Gate. The Main courtyard held some kind of gladiator contest in a ring. The Mandolorians where making sport with hand to hand combat and then bladed weapons. Legion sat the the head of the small stadium in a place of prominence. Red tapestries where hung behind him and a bottle of blood wine was constantly near him should he want a drink. His servants where attentive. They should be he had killed enough of them.

The Stadium was in a uproar as one of the crowd favorites had just won again. It was into this scene that the guards entered with Teroch Tor. Legions personal guards stopped the others from entering directly. Legion was oblivious to all the activity around him as he concentrated on the combat. His guards notified him of the strangers arrival. Legion waved them over. There was deathwatch guards everywhere any foolish movements would be instant death......

Teroch Tor
Oct 20th, 2006, 12:06:06 PM
What she saw astounded her. Such material wealth in the jungles of Onderon? How did he keep it all secret? How did the Mandalorians and the Onderons not know of this place? Surely it was visible from space, but perhaps not. Legion would have to have an army trooping around the perimeter to kill any scouts that stumbled across the place. There were flaws in her defences that she could see, but was not about to point out. His defenses were designed for guarding against the stereotypical Mandalorian. Heavy armored Mandalorians stood stationed all over, but sadly there were not enough of them to made up a full force. Mercenaries must be employed, Tor thought, because there was simply not enough Mandalorians on the planet of Onderon to create a full army. War, disease, and age had worn at the ranks of the rapidly regenerating Mandalorians and their numbers reflected this. She had no clue how many had defected to Legion's side, probably half, and that did not give Legion the greatest number of soldiers. Other soldier would be needed for his war of blood.

Tor moved past her guards, who seemed reluctant to approach Legion. She walked around the combatants, still too busy killing each other to notice her presence. And if they had they would have gawked. Teroch Tor was no Mandalore, but she was from one of the most prominent families of the Onderon Mandalorian Clan. Her name was not Teroch Tor, but rather Miranda of the Skirata family. She was the last of the line and greatly respected for the deeds of her ancestors, which included her grandfather who fought in the Mandalorian Civil War and was among those ambushed and slaughtered on Concord Dawn. Since she was the last, being female and incapable of passing on the family name, she took on the alias Teroch Tor, which is Mando'a for "Pitiless Judge", a truthful analysis of herself. She approached Legion and slapped her gauntleted fist to her chest, tipping her helmet forward and resting her chin against her chest, a typical Mandalorian greeting. She was no idiot, so she waited for Legion to address her, not the other way around.

Legion
Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:28:16 PM
Legion finished what he was eating. He then stood up to get a closer look at the Arena fighting. Something he whole heartedly approved of. Weed out the weak amongst us he thought to himself. He saw the obviously female Mandolorian approach and kneel. He walked around her and said nothing.

He observed the unusual marking on her armor. His voice was cold and deep "Who are you and what do you want? Next to Legion high back chair was a woman dressed as regal as any Queen. Her skin as pale a silk white sheets, Her hair black as ravens feathers. The only thing wrong with her was that she had been obviously dead for a couple of days. Legions moved his Metal Taloned hand in an open gesture. "Well?"

Teroch Tor
Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:42:17 PM
She raised her head, and looked right at Legion, although it was impossible for him to tell. Her emotionless, darkened visor allowed no one to glance within at her face. All they ever saw was their blury reflection. She still held her fist clenched against it's opposite breast, "I am Teroch Tor, mighty among Mandalorians, sole descendent of the highly reputed Skirata family, and formely one of Mandalore's greatest warriors- until I left him," There was no emotion in her voice what-so-ever. The incredible lack of it left such a void that it was almost frightening. She sounded like a droid, only without the metallic echo associated with droid's communication matrix, "I am here to join you; you who are called Legion."

Legion
Oct 24th, 2006, 10:09:11 PM
One of the Mandolorians spoke to Legion who nodded. "Many come to me. Why should I trust you?" Legion walked around the behind Teroch Tor without waiting for an answer. "Rise, and take a chair. Brecch the Queen is tired take her to her quarters so that me and Teroch here can discuss the future." The Guards removed the corpse and directed Teroch to sit in the chair next to Legion. Refreshments where placed on a nearby table by trembling hands.

"Tell me why you want to join me?" Legions mannerism kept shifting and changing and his voice also altered to match the many personalities in his head. He seemed a man held in place by an iron will. His face held two red blood trails from the top of his forehead to his chin. He was a raging cauldron of fire and ice ready to boil over and all who where present seemed to know it. Yet all the trapping where of a man who did not miss a single detail one slip in Onderons defenses and she would be his..

Teroch Tor
Oct 24th, 2006, 10:40:31 PM
She accepted the seat, it would be ruse to refuse and she did not want to die just yet. The seat groaned under the weight of her armor, but did not break. The refreshements were ignored for now, as it was hard to consume edibles when one wears a full helmet, "You know much, you who is called Legion, and surely you have heard of me and my... speeches. Surely you have spies in the court of Mandalore and with in the camps, surely you know that I have, for the past weeks, spoken out against Mandalore and my fellow Mandalorians. Surely you know many, many more things. You should know why I am here, why I want to join you, or at least have the outline to the puzzle," Without another word she reached to her neck, unfastened the seal of her helmet, an audioble hiss escaping into the air. Her helmet was pulled free to reveal a oddly beautiful face and a head of dark purple hair. This was another sign of trust, revealing her face and making her an instant kill to any sniper with a weak blaster, "I wish to join you because your goals are the same as mine, the absolute destruction of Iziz. My brethren in the camps, and Mandalore itself, do not agree with me and would rather seek peaceful means of coexistance. This is not the Mandalorian way. Mandalore has poisoned the minds of his people, but not me. I will not let that viper creep into my mind. That is why I am here, that is why I want to join you. I wish to remain true to my blood, to be a true warrior who crushes those who oppose me; me enemies. And Iziz and it's inhabitants are my enemy. I want to crush them, and you are the only one willing to raise the war banner against Iziz, while Mandalore sulks in the darkness of the camp."

Legion
Oct 26th, 2006, 09:42:31 PM
"How far are you willing to go?" What is the limit of your loyalty?" Legion admired her determination and beauty but he had not time for female companionship. No one could handle the madness that was his to battle. No Hell and War was his life and for that Onderon and Dalamar would pay for that.

Teroch Tor
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:28:23 PM
"I will kill anything that is not a Mandalorian, unless said mandalorian gets in the way of the end of Iziz's existance. I do not wish to kill my own people, but if it becames neccessary then I will do so, but don't make it a habit to send me against my brothers. Other then that my loyalty is limitless. There are things I will not do, but we will have to work with those things as we reach them."

Legion
Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:31:15 PM
"Good answer. Follow me." Legion and the guards moved towards a small tent. Inside was a one of the Onderon Royal guards. Legion gestured to one of his lieutenants and the man handed him a machete like knife. The guardsman sweated with fear but he was handling him self well. Legion pulled the mans hand out and with a swift motion cut it off. The mans howls filled the tent sweat poured down his face. "You will never get away with this never! The General will make you pay..." Legion lifted the man and the chair together. Face to face he was filled with rage. "Your precious General and your Queen will die at my feet. I will eat her heart if she does not give me what I demand!!" Legion sat the man down and he grabbed the blood stump and bit down hard. "Arghghghghghh...." the prisoned grew hysterical and started thrashing his legs. Legion spat the chunk of flesh in the mans face.

"Mention the General again and I'll feast on your soul." Turning to one of his guards he spoke again. "Rack him!"

He turned and faced Teroch and threw the hand at his feet. "Your first mission Teroch. Deliver this to Salem Ave. Tell him his time grows short and he needs to make a decision. Go and bring back his answer. Take any thing you wish that you feel you will need."

Teroch Tor
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:48:27 PM
Quite the display, and it warmed her little black heart to see such open violence. She drank it in and let it filled her visual stomach. The hand was thron at her feet, she nudged it with the toe of her boot. Legion gave specific instructions that she would have recorded had her helmet been on. She slipped it back on and sealed it into place, so that her hands were free. She picked up the still bleeding hand and her it with the cut half pointing downward, so that the blood could drain more efficently, "Understood," her voice was again came through her helmet's external speakers, "I will need my weapons and the lock passwords on my armor weaponry back before I can do anything, and then I will depart. I do believe I have everything I need, except a jetpack. You have many Mandalorians here and surely you have a jetpack lying around here somewhere. I may have to approach by air. They will have surely strengthened their defences since you last... attack on them," Even the animal Mandalorians managed to hear the latest gossip, even if it was a month or two old already.

Legion
Nov 14th, 2006, 08:57:12 PM
"Take your weapons and your armor and anything else you need will be provided to you. Do this well and we will discuss your future. Bring back any word from Salem but be weary of him he is crafty. Last but not least anything you can uncover about the General and the security of Onderon while your there will be helpful."

"Don't worry about the other guard I have already sent him along with another message. So now the game begins Cat and Mouse, Life and Death..."

Teroch Tor
Nov 18th, 2006, 04:10:58 PM
"Very well," was her reply before she spun on her heel and marched out, eager to get her mission underway. First on her list was retrieving her weapons and armor weapon locks, secondly she'd locate a jetpack, and thirdly she'd execute the mission. Blood would not be spilt, but this was nearly as good...