PDA

View Full Version : The Nightmare Before Christmas re-release

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:04:53 AM
To celebrate the films 13th anniversary, The Nightmare Before Christmas is being re-released on October 20th in "Disney Digital 3D". You can see the trailer, as well as hearing 4 (questionable) 'reworkings' of songs from the original soundtrack (by Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple, Fall Out Boy and She Wants Revenge), by clicking here: http://myspace.com/nightmare3d

sirdizzy
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:14:23 AM
in honor of its 13th year, what the NO CIRCUMVENTING THE SWEARING FILTER, do we know just get to pick random years to honor, how is 13 any better than 11 or 14 for that matter, what an arbitrary excuse to rerelease a film and shlack the customers

i can see 10 year 15 year 20 year 25 year anniversaries but not 13

Shawn
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:19:52 AM
... as well as hearing 4 (questionable) 'reworkings' of songs from the original soundtrack (by Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple, Fall Out Boy and She Wants Revenge), by clicking here: http://myspace.com/nightmare3dNo. Just... no.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:26:26 AM
in honor of its 13th year, what the NO CIRCUMVENTIN THE SWEARING FILTER, do we know just get to pick random years to honor, how is 13 any better than 11 or 14 for that matter, what an arbitrary excuse to rerelease a film and shlack the customers

i can see 10 year 15 year 20 year 25 year anniversaries but not 13

I'm not sure if this is the official reason behind it, but perhaps they chose 13 for it's supernatural significance? 13 being lucky for some.

No. Just... no.

I know. It's sad that Tim Burton cleared those covers. We can only hope that they won't actually feature in the film itself... From the sounds of things, Danny Elfman et al's performances remain intact.

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 10th, 2006, 02:08:31 PM
One question comes to mind - Fiona Apple is still around?

I don't know if I approve of the whole 3D aspect of this. It was mind blowing the way it was. Leave it be. :(

Tannis V'larr
Oct 12th, 2006, 07:58:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is the official reason behind it, but perhaps they chose 13 for it's supernatural significance? 13 being lucky for some.

I think that's "unlucky," intended to fit with the film's idiom. On that note, they really ought to have waited for its 666th anniversary. :p

Mitch
Oct 13th, 2006, 12:37:47 AM
Wow, imagine all the crap Hot Topic will be selling... again!

Beh, whoopee, I'm so excited to see the movie I wasn't interested in the first time come back to haunt me again.