PDA

View Full Version : Lost Season 3

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:23:13 PM
So season 3 starts tonight. I have less than an hour here. I am really curious to see what happens.

Zachariah Jak'el
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:28:49 PM
*Craws under Snake's cardboard box and cries, because he doesn't have TV*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:19:38 PM
I told you that you could come here to watch Lost. Get Josh to drive you, you slacker! :shakefist

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:07:21 PM
I really liked this episode. First the others aren't these backwood savages we were led to believed. They are civilized and very organized. We also meet a new other, Julliet. I am thinking she will betrey Henry (Well guess I have to call him Ben now :p). Speaking of Ben, man was he creepy mode. I am hating him worse. Finally, poor Jack, I just hate his ex-wife she was horrible to him. I can't wait for the next episode. I want to see what Sayid has planned

Darth McBain
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:49:13 PM
Good episode. Hopefully we will continue to learn more about the others this season. And yeah, I agree with your prediction Carr - I think Juliet will betray Henry/Ben and the others in some way.

Rutabaga
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:40:15 PM
I'm not gonna be able to get used to calling Henry "Ben," he just doesn't look like a Ben :p.

Overall it was a good episode...wow those first 5 minutes, being lulled into thinking you were in a regular suburban neighborhood during an earthquake until the plane flew overhead falling apart as it went...that was an amazing image. And poor Jack, geez, Matthew Fox was terrific in the episode. I kept thinking that Jack's dad was scum but not so scummy that he would sleep with Sarah, so I was actually glad in a way when it was confirmed he wasn't guilty. But to realize that he went back to drinking after Jack hit him...sad.

I wanna see what happened to Locke, Eko, and Desmond! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:50:47 PM
I'm not gonna be able to get used to calling Henry "Ben," he just doesn't look like a Ben :p.

Overall it was a good episode...wow those first 5 minutes, being lulled into thinking you were in a regular suburban neighborhood during an earthquake until the plane flew overhead falling apart as it went...that was an amazing image. And poor Jack, geez, Matthew Fox was terrific in the episode. I kept thinking that Jack's dad was scum but not so scummy that he would sleep with Sarah, so I was actually glad in a way when it was confirmed he wasn't guilty. But to realize that he went back to drinking after Jack hit him...sad.

I wanna see what happened to Locke, Eko, and Desmond! :)

We should get to them in the third episode or at least I hope. It doesn't look like we will deal with them in the next episode that is for sure.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:45:01 PM
Best dialogue: 'Zeke: "I see you got yourself a fish cracker."
Sawyer: "Yeah, I figured out your contraption!" (can't remember the exact wording :uhoh)
Zeke: "Only took the bears two hours..."
Sawyer: "...how many bears were there?!"

I was cracking up. :lol

But speaking of bears... polar bears I wonder? And what was up with the aquarium prison for Jack while Sawyer and Kate were put into bear cages? And the kid... Carl? who tried to escape. He was fixing Juliette's plumbing in the first part of the show when they watched the plane crash. So many new plot threads to follow. :D

Looks like next week will deal with the yacht and Sayid, Sun, and Jin. Can't wait!

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:58:52 PM
Best dialogue: 'Zeke: "I see you got yourself a fish cracker."
Sawyer: "Yeah, I figured out your contraption!" (can't remember the exact wording :uhoh)
Zeke: "Only took the bears two hours..."
Sawyer: "...how many bears were there?!"

I was cracking up. :lol

But speaking of bears... polar bears I wonder? And what was up with the aquarium prison for Jack while Sawyer and Kate were put into bear cages? And the kid... Carl? who tried to escape. He was fixing Juliette's plumbing in the first part of the show when they watched the plane crash. So many new plot threads to follow. :D

Looks like next week will deal with the yacht and Sayid, Sun, and Jin. Can't wait!

I didn't catch that was Karl fixing the plumbing. More than likely he made them mad which was why they locked him up.
Oh I can't wait to see what Sayid has planned.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2006, 09:23:22 PM
Very good episode
First, Sayid made mistake in not trusting Jin. If Jin had known everything maybe things would have been different. At least Sun took one of them out before they captured the boat. It was interesting in finding out some more about her. Did her boyfriend kill himself or did her father send another hit man? It was a 100% clear I don't think. I can't wait for the next episode I want to see what happened with Locke, Eko and Desmond.

Ryan Pode
Oct 11th, 2006, 09:29:06 PM
When someone points a gun at you and says dont come closer, what do you do?

Rutabaga
Oct 12th, 2006, 07:18:15 AM
At this point, I'm thinking that Sun's lover committed suicide...that he truly did feel shame and guilt for what had happened. The pearl necklace in his hand is what makes me think he killed himself. But this is Lost, after all, and things don't always end up being what they appear to be at first :lol.

I can't wait for next week's episode, I'm stoked to see what happened after the hatch blew up. And we obviously already have a nomination for Hurley's best line of the season, the one where he tells Desmond that the hatch blew his underwear off :lol :lol :lol.

Darth McBain
Oct 12th, 2006, 10:14:49 AM
Yeah, good episode last night. I agree with Jinn - I think Sun's lover committed suicide. I gotta say, I'm getting sick of these others with their we're not the enemy routine. Perhaps not - perhaps there's more going on than has been revealed, but if they're truly not the enemy then they need to demonstrate some good faith and actually come clean about some things...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 12th, 2006, 08:30:09 PM
Yeah, good episode last night. I agree with Jinn - I think Sun's lover committed suicide. I gotta say, I'm getting sick of these others with their we're not the enemy routine. Perhaps not - perhaps there's more going on than has been revealed, but if they're truly not the enemy then they need to demonstrate some good faith and actually come clean about some things...

I think Its perception, Ben doesn't see himself as evil but as good. I think he is either nuts like Dr Moreau from the H.G Wells story or he is trying to do something neferious. I really am not sure which. I suspect its connected with Dharma.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:24:54 PM
What was very interesting is that Ben said that he's been on the island for his whole life. As he's about 40, that would predate Dharma (from the 1970s).

Favorite line from the episode belonged to Kate: "You taste like fish biscuit."

Rutabaga
Oct 19th, 2006, 07:11:08 AM
I was afraid for the briefest moment that they were going to portray Locke as a cop killer last night, and I'm glad I was wrong. Although if you think about it, we didn't get the full resolution to that backstory, so who knows what happened after that? Will we ever find out for sure?

The sweat lodge scenes with Boone were probably the best part of the episode, they were great.

And just what did the implosion do to Desmond? Is he psychic now? Or was it just a lucky guess? :lol

Next week's episode looks intense, very intense.

Darth McBain
Oct 19th, 2006, 09:32:51 AM
I liked last night's episode better than the first two offerings this season. I was glad to see that Locke, Eko, and Desmond were all alive - I like their characters. And I agree Jinn, the scenes from the sweat lodge were pretty cool. I liked how the airport vision was all familiar in a way, but slightly off (i.e. Hurley working the desk, Sawyer and Kate together, Ben screening Jack at security)

Did anyone else think it was a bit odd that in the flashback when Locke picks up Eddie it is pouring rain, then all of a sudden it stops. It seemed reminiscent of the first season, when it's pouring and Locke says something like "It will stop raining in exactly 5 seconds, and it does. I don't know if it means anything, but I thought that was interesting.

I liked how Eddie was wearing a Geronimo Jackson T-shirt - for those of you that called the Hanso Foundation's 800 number, their hold music was by Geronimo Jackson... :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 20th, 2006, 01:26:30 PM
I ment to post on this thread the other night. I loved the episode. I say it was best of the season so far. I really like the Sweat house vision, that was great.

Rutabaga
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:21:51 PM
Was I the only one who thought last night's episode was kind of on the blah side? :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:45:29 PM
I enjoyed it. :)

I liked the little revelations, and DESMOND DESMOND DESMOND!!!! He's my new favoritest character. The preview for next week looked really freaky.

SPOILERS:
Next week it looks like Locke, Sayid and others go off looking for Sawyer, Jack, and Kate. They go to the Pearl, or whatever the observation hatch was called (which, if you recall, only showed video of the Swan, our recently imploded Hatch), and SEE VIDEO OF A SCARY MAN WITH A PATCH OVER ONE EYE! I'm so ready for this moment - it'll probably be at the end of the episode, but I can't wait. Plus, is this another hatch that we can suddenly view from the Pearl, or is it OUR IMPLODED HATCH transmitting from another dimension?

Oh and Desmond + seeing the future = kick butt. And there are two islands, one with the Losties on it and another with the Others on it, and their utopian society experiment...or? But how do the 'bears' get from the one island to the main island?

Rutabaga
Oct 26th, 2006, 07:30:10 PM
Desmond is terrific, but of course, I'm always a sucker for men with English, Scottish, or Irish accents. :love

Two more episodes, then it won't be back until February 7th.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2006, 10:17:32 PM
What!! Mid-season hiatus :shakefist I hate it!!!!!!! :verymad

Darth McBain
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:06:32 AM
Yeah, I thought that episode was only so-so, but it had it's moments... As for the mid-season break - GRRRR... That's one thing that really ticks me off about Lost - that they can't seem to go the whole season without a break.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:05:16 AM
I enjoyed, it wasn't as good as last week, but better than the first two episodes of this season. About the preview I think they showed what was going to happen in the next two episodes before the break. The Pearl bit, I bet happens in the sixth episode. I base that because the mention we will find something out in that episode that changes everything. So, I suspect that revelation happens there. Also another character is getting killed and that happens in the next episode. They say it is somebody we will be shocked to see die. I am not too sure who that will be. Some people suspect Eko for various reasons. I am almost wanting to think Sawyer for some reason.

Rutabaga
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:57:34 PM
Yeah, I thought that episode was only so-so, but it had it's moments... As for the mid-season break - GRRRR... That's one thing that really ticks me off about Lost - that they can't seem to go the whole season without a break.

Actually, I prefer the mid-season break, as opposed to what they've done the first 2 seasons...show 2 or 3 new episodes, then show repeats, show clip shows, preempt, etc...then you lose track of when new episodes are going to be airing. Plus, with the serial nature of the show, I think the mid-season break will make things a little easier to follow and remember. (I hope ;).)

I also hope that Eko doesn't die...I love that character. He and Locke are perfect together.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:30:19 PM
Actually, I prefer the mid-season break, as opposed to what they've done the first 2 seasons...show 2 or 3 new episodes, then show repeats, show clip shows, preempt, etc...then you lose track of when new episodes are going to be airing. Plus, with the serial nature of the show, I think the mid-season break will make things a little easier to follow and remember. (I hope ;).)

I also hope that Eko doesn't die...I love that character. He and Locke are perfect together.

I like him too. I had been thinking before today it would be Sawyer. I say that because today I read a spoiler that said the character not named Saywer would die. Unless they are saying that because actually Sawyer isn't really Sawyer. I don't know now. My next guess is Jin but that is a big guess.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:17:40 PM
Well Mr Eko is gone. We now know what the monster is, and it looks like it is a shapeshifting creature. That part was very creepy when it went from his brother to it attacking him. I am guessing it stole his brother's body and was able to get the DNA to change forms. I honestly have no idea how it was able to do that. It must be a mystery that will be answered later in the show. The other question is will Jack save Ben? Looks like Julliet wants Jack to let him die on the table. I guess we will see where this will go.

Rutabaga
Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:14:09 AM
nnnnnnnnooooooooooo!!!! :cry :cry :cry

Not Mr. Eko, not Mr. Eko!!! :grumble :shakefist :grumble

Man, I loved Mr. Eko, he was a great character. His flashback episodes were always among the best, and last night was no exception. What a complex, interesting character. I will truly miss him. I think Locke will miss him too, he seemed truly sad when he found Eko and realized he was going to die. I loved the image of the young Eko and Yemi walking away from the camera arm in arm, and at least Eko died with great, important final words....

And does this mean that the island is judging people? Did the island kill Eko because he refused to confess or repent for his sins? Do Eko's final words mean that the island will be judging them all sooner or later? And how is the smoke monster connected with the Others? Do they control it? So many questions, so many questions.

Do you realize that all the tailies are dead now, except for Bernard? We haven't seen Rose or Bernard yet this season, but I think Bernard had really better watch his behind. :cool

One thing that they're doing this season that irritates me is suddenly giving us new characters, like Paolo (I think that's his name) and the girl last night, who have apparently been there all along but have never been seen before. It's kind of disconcerting.

They're supposed to leave us with a major major cliffhanger next week, wonder what it will be...Ben dying on the table? Something with Kate and Sawyer? The identity of the man in the Pearl? Something with Paolo? :p

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:22:08 AM
I don't think the smoke is controlled by the Others. I think it is something else. I am guessing an experement gone wrong, unless the eye patch guy is controlling it, who I don't think is an Other. As for the Tailies, there is still the Stewderes, who I think the Others captured and of course all the kids they captured from there. So there are still survivors from that group, just none we seen in a while. Also I don't know what the big cliffhanger will be, it really makes me curious

Rutabaga
Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:52:57 PM
What scares me--and intrigues me--the most about the smoke monster is that, unless the thing is being controlled by someone else, it's sentient. Somewhere along the line we're going to HAVE to get a further explanation on just what the darn thing is.

Rutabaga
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:12:46 AM
Great cliffhanger, although I wasn't surprised at what the cliffhanger was, I figured it would be something having to do with the surgery on Ben. So now we're left with the question of whether or not Kate and Sawyer will safely get off the island, and if so, what Jack's fate will be.

And I was not surprised that Kate finally made her choice, and the choice was Sawyer. She belongs with Sawyer. It makes sense that Kate was attracted to Jack--Jack is what she wants to be, which I think was borne out by the flashbacks, I think Jack reminds her of her husband--but Sawyer is more what Kate is. I just found it kinda weird that they got it on right in front of cameras :o :mischief o_O ;)

Darth McBain
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:09:31 AM
Yeah, I think they knew they were being monitored somehow - that would have been weird to get it on right then and there... I liked last night's episode and am wondering the same things you are, Jinn... I was so happy to see Jack assert himself in the OR. I was thinking he'd either a) do the operation in the hopes they'd let him out, or b) "accidentally" botch the operation and off Ben - It was nice to see him take an unexpected approach. Whether or not the outcome works out well for them or not - GO JACK!!! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:17:21 PM
Great episode! I'm not sure about the whole 6/16 episode "seasons" they're doing - you'd think they could at least cut them in half 11 and 11. But perhaps yesterday's ep. was the perfect cliffhanger break that they expect to tide us over until February.

And, it was pretty good. Nathan Fillion! awesome - I pointed and yelled at the TV when Kate opened the door to reveal Mal. Great flashback, great drama during the episode. Can't wait to see what happens when Locke looks north.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2006, 07:25:04 PM
Great Cliffhanger Did Kate chose for 100% sure? I only say that because she didn't tell Sawyer I love you and when she was talking to Jack she told him she wasn't leaving without him. It makes me wonder if they are still keeping the love triangle in some form. I really liked what Jack did though. He really got the upper hand there and he finally did something this season. Also I wondering what the look north on Eko's stick meant? I guess we will find out in 3 months.

jjwr
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:21:50 AM
New episodes start in 2 days!

I started watching Lost late, borrowed Season 1 from a friend in October, needless to say we went through those pretty quick. Soon after I borrowed Season 2 and tore through those by mid Nov and have been waiting for new episodes ever since!

I'm still sad they killed Eko, I loved that character and the actor. Always been a fan of his since the Oz days and really hoped he would hang on longer than the rest of the tailies. Great cliffhanger after Ep 6, nice gesture on the part of Jack but Kate & Sawyer still have to get a boat to get back to the other island and then hike a day or two to get back to the camp and he won't have that much time to keep Ben alive to provide them safe passage.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:16:52 PM
This was the best episode of Lost, IMO since Season 1 I now love Juillet, she is a great character and you really understand a lot of her motivations. I was shocked when her ex got hit by that Bus. And who else thinks that weird company is Hanso? And there is creepy Ethan, I think he was driving that bus. Terrific episode, I can't wait for next week

Darth McBain
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:19:04 AM
Yeah, great episode. I wasn't too surprised by the bus accident. During her interview I got the impression that this company was either Hanso or associated with them, and after she said she hoped her husband got hit by a bus, I had a feeling that this company has a way of making things happen... That whole sensory-brainwashing type room was way weird too - what was up with that?

Grace Van-Derveld
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:24:55 AM
That sensory room was very much like a Clockwork Orange, if you have seen that movie. It was just as creepy weird, minus the device to keep his eyes opened. Course those bizarre fluorescent glasses were an interesting substitute.

I agree about Juliet. She's a wonderful character. I've liked her since the beginning I was grateful she wasn't one of the people that lived on the island all her life and now we know her motivations for wanting to kill Ben. I do want to know what they're history is tho!

And Alex's dad is alive? Danielle said that her husband died if I am not mistaken. So was Juliet referring to her real father or her surrogate father when Alex was kidnapped?

Darth McBain
Feb 8th, 2007, 12:18:17 PM
That sensory room was very much like a Clockwork Orange, if you have seen that movie. It was just as creepy weird, minus the device to keep his eyes opened. Course those bizarre fluorescent glasses were an interesting substitute.

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2007, 12:46:44 PM

I agree about Juliet. She's a wonderful character. I've liked her since the beginning I was grateful she wasn't one of the people that lived on the island all her life and now we know her motivations for wanting to kill Ben. I do want to know what they're history is tho!

And Alex's dad is alive? Danielle said that her husband died if I am not mistaken. So was Juliet referring to her real father or her surrogate father when Alex was kidnapped?

Well, I think Ben had Alex kidnapped, and he is raised her as his daughter. She never knew her real father so to her Ben is her Dad.

Rutabaga
Feb 9th, 2007, 08:05:30 AM
Awesome episode, I hadn't thought that seeing Juliet's background would be so fascinating. I like her so much more after seeing it. I was a little shocked when her ex got smashed by the bus, but then I figured it had to have been on purpose, not just a weird coincidence. Although I was also surprised to see that his body was in fairly decent shape at the morgue...he sure looked like he got hit so hard all that should have been left was some goo in the middle of the street :D.

I also agree that Ben raised Alex as his daughter, he can't have been Rousseau's husband.

Are we ever going to see what happened to Juliet's sister and the baby? I'm curious.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:21:27 PM
Danielle said that she killed her husband, and the other two people who were on her ship 16 years ago after they trekked to the Black Rock (old slave ship) and got the 'sickness'. And shortly after that The Others came and took her baby girl.

I really liked the episode - I can only assume that Juliet's trip to the new organization that was "not exactly in Portland" is really the island? Although I don't know why they'd say it was close to Portland. Now I can't remember where the Hanso kooks got their start - its in the film that Locke watched in the Swan, isn't it?

They do seem sort of baby/fertility obsessed, however. The Others, that is. Juliet impregnated a male field mouse and they seemed to think that was one of her best accomplishments.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 14th, 2007, 10:13:56 PM
Crazy episode, although I loved it. I really like Desmond he is one of my favorite characters on the show. I loved how they did such a different flashback. Oh and he prophesized who may be the major character to die. I will block it out until those on the west coast see it It is Charlie. He has saved his life twice and he told him what ever happens, you are going to die.

jjwr
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:41:59 AM
Ehhh....I really wasn't impressed with this episode. I like Desmond as well but the [spoiler-not-needed]entire episode being almost entirely in his head? And then to have it all culminate in finding out that Charlie is marked for death? They easily could have gone from point A to point B without taking up the entire episode.

It just seemed like a huge letdown after last weeks episode, I have no problem with them going back to the beach but to focus on that? What about Locke and his plan? Or more about Eko, or the guy in the eye-patch?

Makes me want to get to next Wednesday even more so something will actually happen.[***spoiler]

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 15th, 2007, 06:51:32 PM
I loved the episode, and the flashback was great - sometimes the flashbacks seem forced or tacked on, and in this case it was perfect. I like Desmond a lot, and the semi-explaination of his 'ability' to see the future (or remember it, as it appears) was great.

After all, they can't do EVERYTHING in every episode, jjwr, because then we'd be complaining that everything was being rushed or squished together. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:07:11 PM
He said he sees stuff in flashes which is interesting. Not sure what will happen with Charlie now. He could make it to the Season Finale and get killed then.

Rutabaga
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:04:32 AM
Whoa, this really was a much different episode than what we're used to, but I really liked it. Part of it is because I've gotten to love the Desmond character, he's terrific, and I especially loved the moment when he found himself back on the island, found the picture in the rubble of the hatch, and was begging for another chance to go back and make things right. Yes, it was another one of those episodes that answered a couple of questions but raised about 50 more, but I still liked it a lot. Change of pace is good sometimes :). Oh, and the final conversation with Charlie was great...personally, I've never been all that fond of Charlie, so if he really does die, I won't be all that broken up about it. Then again, I couldn't stand Boone or Shannon, and their last episodes both made me teary-eyed, so who knows? :mischief

I wonder how truthful the promo was that we'll get the answers to 3 mysteries in next Wednesday's episode...one mystery is obviously about Jack's tatoos, I guess the 2nd mystery is about the fate of at least one character who disappeared early last season, not sure what the 3rd one is, at least not right now.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2007, 12:28:16 PM
Well the fate of the children, although they might mean everybody the Others have taken. Not sure what the third mystery will be. As for Charlie, you know I really liked his character in Season 1 but in Season 2 he went down the tubes especially when he seemed to be trying to get high again and then when he assaulted Jin for Sawyer that was probably his lowest moment.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2007, 05:11:19 PM
I hope the 3rd mystery is what happened to Michael and Walt, because I wasn't really expecting never to see them again ever never ever when they putt-puttered away in that little boat. :shakefist

I was completely expecting it to be Claire that was marked for death, I really enjoyed the twist that it was Charlie that Desmond was trying to save the whole time. :D:thumbup

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2007, 05:16:02 PM
I hope the 3rd mystery is what happened to Michael and Walt, because I wasn't really expecting never to see them again ever never ever when they putt-puttered away in that little boat. :shakefist

I was completely expecting it to be Claire that was marked for death, I really enjoyed the twist that it was Charlie that Desmond was trying to save the whole time. :D:thumbup
I don't think it will be Michael and Walt. The writers have said they will get back to them but haven't said when exactly so who knows. Not sure what other mystery they could deal with. Maybe its about Rousseau's daughter.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2007, 05:24:39 PM
Maybe it'll be the Smoke Monster. But, I doubt it.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2007, 11:30:58 PM
I doubt that eithe, might be something we are just forgeting about.

Darth McBain
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:52:57 PM
What'd you all think of last night's episode. Personally, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. They hyped it as being so good and that it would reveal so many answers - not really... :( Oh well, they can't all be winners...

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:57:52 PM
Well, it was all right. You learned a few things but nothing mind blowing. That's why I hate previews because they always let you down :p

Plus, the revelations that you learned you could kinda figure out what they meant already, except for the tattoo. But even still, Jack is a leader O_O OMG NO WAY!

^^

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:53:01 PM
The only thing really revealing was about the children and why they took them. I didn't get the part about Cindy and would like to know why they took her and other adults.

Rutabaga
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:25:43 PM
This week's episode left me pretty cold...yeah, "underwhelmed" is definitely a good word to describe it. Very disposable, and overall a "who cares?" episode, as much as I hate to admit it.

And about the hype...we were supposed to learn answers to 3 questions, right? Well, I feel pretty dumb because I only counted 2 answers. 1) The origin and meaning of Jack's tatoos, and 2) that Cindy and the kids are alive and apparently well taken care of. So what was the third question that we were supposed to learn the answer to?

:p

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2007, 05:34:57 AM
Yeah I couldn't figure out the third revelation either. :huh Maybe that the Others don't live on the little island??

Rutabaga
Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:47:02 AM
Yeah I couldn't figure out the third revelation either. :huh Maybe that the Others don't live on the little island??

That's the same thought that came to me quite a while after I posted last night. If that's the third answer, sheesh, give me a break.

Oh, and BTW, Bai Ling was terrible. Really bad, I thought. At least their guest star on next week's episode will be much, much better...I'll spoilerize it just in case anyone doesn't know and doesn't want to know until they see the episode...Cheech Marin is playing Hurley's dad. :)

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:53:33 AM
Someone mention that the third revelation was Kate was in love with Jack. I dunno, that's debatable. Them living on another island really isn't earth shattering either. I kinda figured that actually since Dharma has locations all other the place.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:46:56 PM
Next week looks great, IMO. This episode was mostly a filler episode.

Darth McBain
Feb 23rd, 2007, 01:42:00 PM
I wasn't aware of that (Hurely's dad), Jinn - that's awesome!!! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:48:54 PM
So is it another another island that the Others live on, or the big Island that the Losties are on? This is beginning to sound like a regular archipelago!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:25:18 PM
It is the big island the Losties are on. The second island is just a work station where they are doing some kind of experement.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2007, 10:57:06 PM
This episode the show went back to its roots. There were a lot of funny moments and some cool reactions between characters. And I loved the ending. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Rutabaga
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:14:14 AM
Yeah, this week's episode was a vast improvement over last week's, that's for sure. I loved Sawyer teaching Jin the only 3 things a man needs to say to a woman :lol. And I'm very glad that Rousseau is back in the story, I have a feeling she'll go pretty medieval on the Others when she finds Alex.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:10:09 PM
Looks like somebody here got Claire's brother right. I can't remember who it was. I think it was LD but I can't remember. Actually that episode was one of the better ones. The last two episodes were actually the best I have seen (other than the Desmond one). The show might be getting back to where it was back in the first half of Season 2.

Rutabaga
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:53:23 AM
Okay episode this week, although I thought it was extraordinarly anti-climactic...lots of us have been suspecting that Christian was Claire's father, making her and Jack half-siblings. So there was no moment of "oh wow!" when Christian told Claire the truth. The more effective moment was when Locke pushed Mikhail into the path of the sentry posts...yuck!

Oh Lord, I hope next week's episode lives up to the preview...we're finally going to find out why Locke ended up in a wheelchair. This had better be good! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 17th, 2007, 12:32:22 PM
I hope John Locke gets to be a butt kicker again, instead of a guy who makes silly mistakes. Or at least it seemed he'd made a big mistake when he pushed 77, but then, he knew about the explosives... so perhaps part of his plan to make sure he never had to leave the island?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:46:01 PM
Amazing episode and a WOW shocker at the end. That was probably the best episode of the Season. Also the best performance Terry O'Quinn has done on this show.

Darth McBain
Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:48:42 AM
I loved last night's episode - but the one thing that I still can't figure out is why Locke would destroy the submarine just so he didn't have to leave the island. Locke has his own free will - even with the submarine there, it doesn't mean he has to use it. If and when the time comes when people can leave the island, why can't he just stay. As it is, he screwed it up for everyone by trashing the sub...

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:45:24 PM
Well I think there are other ways off the island. I think the Sub was more symbolic than anything else. I sure can't believe a helecopter couldn't land there for example. Also Ben was using Locke for his own purposes, he didn't want Jack or Julliet to leave.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:10:28 PM
John Locke is just a big screw up. And I think Ben hit is exactly right when he said he blew it up because he didn't want his dad to find him.

But then, that didn't work so good either. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:12:35 PM
LOL I know, also I think Locke's father is the real Sawyer. So now Sawyer can deliever his letter :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:20:17 PM
Ahhhh that would be very cool. :D:thumbup

Rutabaga
Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:42:02 PM
Geez louise, Locke is lucky that all he did was break his spine. :eek

We'd been waiting nearly 3 years to find out how he ended up in the wheelchair, and the show actually delivered an explanation that was worth waiting for. I couldn't help but gasp when he went flying out the window, and I thought the scene where he was placed in the wheelchair for the first time was very moving.

I have to admit, I was also confused about why Locke wanted to blow up the sub...just because he didn't want to leave the island didn't mean he had to take everyone else's chance and ruin it. But yeah, Ben was manipulating him and knew exactly what buttons to push to make Locke do it. I just wonder what the heck Locke is going to do to his dad :evil.

Overall, a very good episode, I liked it a lot. After some sputtering, I think the show is finally back in a good groove.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:58:04 PM
Just was thinking about the Smoke monster and how it appeared to Eko as his dead brother. It would be possible for it to have been what Jack saw in White Rabbit when he was following his dead father around the island. Speaking of - we haven't heard or seen or found his body since the plane crash. Big reveal later with Claire and Jack? Dun dun dunnn.... It could be possible for the Smoke monster to be masquerading as Locke's dad, I think... maybe... but I highly doubt this is the case.

Preview for next week: Sun digging graves and threatening to put Sawyer into one?! What!?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:56:38 PM
Just was thinking about the Smoke monster and how it appeared to Eko as his dead brother. It would be possible for it to have been what Jack saw in White Rabbit when he was following his dead father around the island. Speaking of - we haven't heard or seen or found his body since the plane crash. Big reveal later with Claire and Jack? Dun dun dunnn.... It could be possible for the Smoke monster to be masquerading as Locke's dad, I think... maybe... but I highly doubt this is the case.

Preview for next week: Sun digging graves and threatening to put Sawyer into one?! What!?

I think Ben had Locke's father kidnapped at some point after the plane crash. He told one of his men to get the Man from Talahassee. It sounded like to me they had him stashed somewhere maybe worried about what Locke would do. I have a feeling the Others took Jack's father's body for what purpose is beyond me. As for the preview
I read some one dies next week. My speculation is either Paulo or Nikki will bite it or both perhaps. I say that because this is suppose to be their episode and we learn who they are and what they are up to. I have a feeling they are plants by the Others which would explain why they appeared out of nowhere. I think the part with Sawyer is Sun just threatening Sawyer.

Rutabaga
Mar 25th, 2007, 07:14:03 AM
I'm not exactly salivating over the fact that this week's episode will be a Paolo and Nikki flashback since I think the characters have been lousy additions, but we'll see. The real weird thing will be seeing Rodrigo Santoro as a normal human being after seeing him as Xerxes in 300. :evil

Rutabaga
Mar 29th, 2007, 10:21:16 PM
Well, I actually enjoyed this week's episode quite a bit. It was fun going back to the early days of the show, seeing long-gone characters again (Artz!!!), and having what was basically a detective show in this hour. And the ending was freaky! Will Nikki and Paolo claw their ways out of the grave? Or will they end up suffocating? Hm, it'll be interesting to see.

And a cameo by Billy Dee Williams? That was unexpected and fun :clap.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:14:38 AM
I thought the episode was put together really well - I kept trying to figure out if they reshot scenes or just added onto them - the return to the plane crash in paticular was one that seemed like they must have reshot it, but also the most impossible to reshoot and so must have been done some other way.

And since they're not in coffins, I'd assume they'd suffocate unless they got cracking right away. ^_^;

Darth McBain
Mar 30th, 2007, 08:34:12 AM
And since they're not in coffins, I'd assume they'd suffocate unless they got cracking right away. ^_^;

I tend to agree - though Locke said "Things don't stay buried on this island". We may see them yet - this is Lost, after all... :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 30th, 2007, 08:40:58 AM
I think they are dead, and what a way to go. Of course they deserved their fate they were nothing but murderers. The episode overall was great. The whole thing had a Hitchcockian feel to it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2007, 02:34:17 PM
It was very... Poe, or something. And Vincent knew all along, which is why he pulled the blanket off him. Smart dog! :D

Jedieb
Mar 30th, 2007, 06:51:21 PM
An ending worthy of Poe. That whole episode felt like a great old Twilight Zone episode.

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2007, 06:14:59 PM
Not many comments about Lost lately although the show has been getting better and better. Loved the last three episodes. First we get the shocker that Naomi who is working for Penny says they found the plane and everybody was dead. Then second Sawyer finds the person who ruined his life and it is Locke's father. And that whole exchange between Cooper and Sawyer was amazing and intense. Also I think Locke has travelled over to the Dark side. He manipulated Sawyer into killing his father. Also I wonder what that Richard is up to going behind Ben's back. I think there is something going on behind the scenes. The things involving Naomi was cool, although Kate was sure a big mouth. I sure hope Jack gets his act together next week. And Next week should rock we get to find out all about Dharma.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 3rd, 2007, 07:54:30 PM
WE WERE SCREAMING AT KATE: "YOU DUMB *expletive* WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ARRRRGH" and then Juliette is all "We should tell her" and Jack is like "Uh, no."

And then kate is like "Tell me what?!" and then and then - wait til next week.

Everything good in this show is wait til next week. I wish sometimes it could be like Heroes with two or three juicy story moving plot points every episode. I mean, Sawyer and Locke's dad was incredible and moving, and everything, and Locke is certainly up to something... but we've known Locke has been up to something for at least three episodes now!

Next week, however, looks fricking good. Can't wait to see what's inside the magic-box-metaphor-thing-that-transports-Locke's-Dad-from-ambulance-and-horrible-car-accident-to-island.

Oh and what is this mind bending stuff about the plane being found off of Bali with ALL THE BODIES INSIDE!? :uhoh I thought it had been established that the island was NOT purgatory. Except if it iss hell as The Man from Tallahasee supposes, then where do people go when they die there?

:headache <--arrrrrgh!! DAMN THIS SHOW

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2007, 09:08:06 PM
Its a conspiracy, Dharma covered up the plane crash to keep people from finding the island. My guess is they used CGI to show people the bodies.

Oh also has anybody heard at least 5 people will die in May on Lost? I guess Locke's father is one. I think I know who two of the other 4 are.
Charlie and Ben . Looks like we will have a huge death toll this season.

Rutabaga
May 4th, 2007, 06:21:48 AM
My only complaint about this week's episode is that it's been speculated for so long that Locke's dad was the original Sawyer that, when it was finally revealed, it was somewhat anti-climactic for me. Still, when Sawyer finally lost it and killed him (a la Princess Leia and Jabba the Hutt ;)), it really was one of the most intense moments we've seen on the show lately.

And yes, Kate has a BIG MOUTH. I've never liked her and wouldn't mind if she bit the dust too, especially after blabbing in front of Juliet. As for who else might die, I wouldn't mind one bit if Charlie died, because he's another character I've never liked, and I wouldn't miss him at all. I've read letters from Dominic Monaghan fans who've threatened to basically destroy the show if Charlie gets killed off, but I'm willing to take that risk ;). I wouldn't want to see Ben go, because he's been such a terrific character. His scenes with Locke always sizzle with tension and nasty undercurrents.

Next week's episode is Ben's big flashback episode, that should be some kind of spectacle. And apparently we're finally heading into the huge confrontation with the Others that we've been waiting for in the season finale, obviously during this raid in 3 days to snatch Sun and whoever else might be pregnant that Locke told Sawyer about.

One addition that they've made to the show this year that has been a HUGE success is the character of Juliet. I really really like her, and Elizabeth Mitchell plays her beautifully. :thumbup

I also agree that, although I still tremendously enjoy the show, it's incredibly frustrating when they keep loading new questions on us. Yes, we do get answers to some questions almost every week, but they're always attached to even more questions that leave you scratching your head. The latest one about the supposed wreckage of Flight 815 with all the bodies inside is a trippy one, although I do think it was all staged by Dharma/Hanso. But how it was staged is still unclear, and I dunno if we'll ever know for sure. But I also understand why some viewers have dropped out of watching because of the continual wheel of questions...I think it's a good thing that they plan on only 2 more seasons so that they can have it all worked out and start 'splainin' some more stuff along the way. Maybe :lol.

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2007, 09:41:09 AM
My only complaint about this week's episode is that it's been speculated for so long that Locke's dad was the original Sawyer that, when it was finally revealed, it was somewhat anti-climactic for me. Still, when Sawyer finally lost it and killed him (a la Princess Leia and Jabba the Hutt ;)), it really was one of the most intense moments we've seen on the show lately.

And yes, Kate has a BIG MOUTH. I've never liked her and wouldn't mind if she bit the dust too, especially after blabbing in front of Juliet. As for who else might die, I wouldn't mind one bit if Charlie died, because he's another character I've never liked, and I wouldn't miss him at all. I've read letters from Dominic Monaghan fans who've threatened to basically destroy the show if Charlie gets killed off, but I'm willing to take that risk ;). I wouldn't want to see Ben go, because he's been such a terrific character. His scenes with Locke always sizzle with tension and nasty undercurrents.

Next week's episode is Ben's big flashback episode, that should be some kind of spectacle. And apparently we're finally heading into the huge confrontation with the Others that we've been waiting for in the season finale, obviously during this raid in 3 days to snatch Sun and whoever else might be pregnant that Locke told Sawyer about.

One addition that they've made to the show this year that has been a HUGE success is the character of Juliet. I really really like her, and Elizabeth Mitchell plays her beautifully. :thumbup

I also agree that, although I still tremendously enjoy the show, it's incredibly frustrating when they keep loading new questions on us. Yes, we do get answers to some questions almost every week, but they're always attached to even more questions that leave you scratching your head. The latest one about the supposed wreckage of Flight 815 with all the bodies inside is a trippy one, although I do think it was all staged by Dharma/Hanso. But how it was staged is still unclear, and I dunno if we'll ever know for sure. But I also understand why some viewers have dropped out of watching because of the continual wheel of questions...I think it's a good thing that they plan on only 2 more seasons so that they can have it all worked out and start 'splainin' some more stuff along the way. Maybe :lol.

Well I think they lost more viewers by the constant time changes. Moving the show to 10PM I think really hurt it in terms of viewers. Still the show is a top 15 show and is averaging more viewers than 24 or Heroes (of course they are probably hurting each other by going against each other), so it is still doing great. About the spoiler
I think Ben will die because they are going to tell us everything about him, which usually means death to a character to me. He is fascinating but I think it will lead to bigger things. First there is this Jacob, who I am not sure who that is. Then I have a feeling that Locke is being targeted to replace Ben as leader of the Others.

Rutabaga
May 4th, 2007, 05:15:58 PM
I do read grumbling around the internet from people who've gotten disenchanted with the lack of answers and have given up as a result, so it has had an effect. And yes, the time change definitely lost some people...since I'm an old fart, I now record it and watch it on Thursday evenings. As it is, although it's slipped in the Nielsens, when you factor in Tivo and DVRs, etc., it's a lot more popular than the Nielsens would lead you to believe.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2007, 05:38:31 PM
I do appreciate the answers we have been getting over the last few days, even if they only seem to make us ask more questions.

I think its obvious that the "we're in hell" thing is not true - Dharma and everything doesn't seem to work into that very well. Juliet didn't die (oh well maybe, if she drank poison instead of a tranquilizer), and Richard (eyeliner guy) was obviously on and off the island with Ethan. So purgatory is out and the plane being recovered is a cover-up. By whom and for what purpose, who knows.

Next week being a Ben flashback I expect to see more of Mikhail and see if there is any truth to the Dharma against the Natives story he fed Sayid. And if so, which side of things the Others land on.

And just to clarify again, no matter how much characters may lie in the present on the show, the flashbacks are Truth, according to the producers.

Rutabaga
May 4th, 2007, 06:21:39 PM
I love the fact that, while we do get answers, we get more questions along with the answers. I guess maybe it's because I've always enjoyed mysteries and puzzles.

Oh yeah, speaking of Mikhail...I wanna know why he's still alive, after he was apparently zapped to death by the security system. Seeing him still alive last week was kinda freaky :eek.

And one other detail...so Rousseau walks into the Black Rock long enough to pick up a crate of dynamite. So just what do you think she's up to now? :D

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2007, 06:45:32 PM
I think it wasn't strong enough to kill him. About Rousseau, I think she is up to something. They showed her get that dynamite for a reason.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2007, 10:49:57 PM
Rosseau is obviously going to blow up Ben and get her daughter back. :clint

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2007, 10:56:33 PM
heh you know that might just happen.

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2007, 09:16:15 PM
Unbelievable episode it just blew me away I don't even know where to begin
[spoiler] Is Locke Dead??? If so that is one of the biggest shocks in TV history. Also Ben is just evil. First the way he killed his father, he is a sociopath. Of course the episode really leaves a lot of question. Is Richard an immortal or something? I mean it didn't look like he aged a day from the time Ben first met him. Second who or what is Jacob? I am tempted to say Jacob is the monster and Ben can communicate with it. Right now it is the only explanation that I have. [/ spoiler]

Darth McBain
May 10th, 2007, 09:04:06 AM
Yeah, awesome episode last night. Somehow I don't think Locke is dead. If they were going to kill him off, I think they'd show him actually die onscreen. And we know the island has a way of healing people, so I think he may pull through. As for Jacob?!?!? At first I thought it was some sick hoax by Ben, but then when Locke pulled the flashlight all hell broke loose, and for a few frames there was someone sitting in that chair - so maybe there actually is something to Jacob. And Carr, you're right, Richard didn't seem to age at all. I didn't really pick up on that when I watched it, but now that I think about it, you're right. AHH, more questions!!!

jjwr
May 10th, 2007, 03:15:13 PM
[spoiler]I'm guessing Bens "daughter" will show up and save Locke. Don't forget she gave him a pistol and told him he would need it. Why else would she do that if she didn't think her father would try something?[/ spoiler]

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2007, 04:50:05 PM
Silly boys, don't need spoilers for those. :)

I thought last night's episode was fantastic. Not only did we get Ben's flashback (which answered a LOT) we got that crazy hut in the jungle, a.k.a. Jacob's place, a.k.a. someone who hates technology so much he poltergist-ed (:lol spelling?) out and made Locke crap his pants!

That "Help me" was so creepy I nearly joined Locke in the crapping of pants. :uhoh And Richard showing up to young Ben looking exactly how he looks now... bizarre! The Hostiles live forever!

So we have confirmation that Mikhail was telling Sayid the truth - the Hostiles killed the Dharma people. Ben seems to tbe the only Dharma person left, and he was only a work man, just like Roger his mean ol' dad, a.k.a. the skeleton Hurley found in the VW van.

So the Others are the people Dharma called the Hostiles. And if Jacob is... invisible? to the uninitiated, then that semi-explains the Whispers in the jungle - the Others were right there but couldn't be seen. And if they DO live forever (after all Richard seems to be the same age he was thirty years ago when Ben met him) because of the Island's healing properties (a.k.a. phenomenon that exist no where else in the world) then it just boggles the mind where we're heading with this show.

Can't wait to see. And no, I highly doubt that Locke will die. If nothing else Danielle will probably run into him, packing her dyno-mite! to the Others' camp.

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2007, 05:11:42 PM
Silly boys, don't need spoilers for those. :)

I thought last night's episode was fantastic. Not only did we get Ben's flashback (which answered a LOT) we got that crazy hut in the jungle, a.k.a. Jacob's place, a.k.a. someone who hates technology so much he poltergist-ed (:lol spelling?) out and made Locke crap his pants!

That "Help me" was so creepy I nearly joined Locke in the crapping of pants. :uhoh And Richard showing up to young Ben looking exactly how he looks now... bizarre! The Hostiles live forever!

So we have confirmation that Mikhail was telling Sayid the truth - the Hostiles killed the Dharma people. Ben seems to tbe the only Dharma person left, and he was only a work man, just like Roger his mean ol' dad, a.k.a. the skeleton Hurley found in the VW van.

So the Others are the people Dharma called the Hostiles. And if Jacob is... invisible? to the uninitiated, then that semi-explains the Whispers in the jungle - the Others were right there but couldn't be seen. And if they DO live forever (after all Richard seems to be the same age he was thirty years ago when Ben met him) because of the Island's healing properties (a.k.a. phenomenon that exist no where else in the world) then it just boggles the mind where we're heading with this show.

Can't wait to see. And no, I highly doubt that Locke will die. If nothing else Danielle will probably run into him, packing her dyno-mite! to the Others' camp.

Heh well I didn't want to spoil those on the west coast. I did that once remember :p I think Jacob is some incarnation of the monster, the black smoke is part of what ever Jacob is. I have no idea what Richard is. I don't think the Hostiles live forever as Ben has aged. Unless Richard and his friends are something else. Also this episode proves that the Others aren't no good guys. I don't think you could say that what Ben and his friends did was a good thing. They are very evil men people.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2007, 05:14:46 PM
Ben is not one of the Hostiles, he was with Dharma. He wasn't born on the island, even though he wishes he was/said he was. He's with them now, but he was obviously separate from them in the beginning.

And Richard thinks that Locke is more special than Ben is. :uhoh

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2007, 05:31:19 PM
The question is are there other hostiles? Richard is the only one we seen. Tom, Mikahli etc aren't from there. I am also wonder if these people are connected to the statue with three toes.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2007, 05:38:22 PM
Four toes.

And Ben said that he'd been bringing people to the island - almost a psuedo-Dharma that Ben has inintiated obviously with Richard's help (Richard off the island recruiting scientists, etc). So I think the Hostiles were interested in what Dharma was doing, at least to a point. They didn't have much use for the stations (Pearl, Flame, Swan, etc) obviously, but were very interested in being able to reproduce. Perhaps, and this is completely hypothetical, the Hostiles can live without aging for quite a while, but can still be killed by bullets, accidents, etc. The only trade off is that they can't get pregnant and reproduce, so their numbers are getting too small.

But Richard isn't in favor of Ben 'wasting their time' looking at the fertillity problem, he's much more interested in how Locke can walk again. So I don't know. And if Jacob only talks to Ben (though he talked to Locke too, I think that made Ben mad and jealous) then Richard is lower on the totem pole than Ben right now.

*head...EXPLODE* :headache

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2007, 06:31:06 PM
I know it brings up a lot of questions. It also make you wonder about Dharma and Hanso. Why did they keep the stations up after the Purge? Is the Purge the incident mentioned in the tape? Makes you wonder if Dharma or Hanso still have some plans on the island. I have a feeling part of that is related to Penny's father.

Rutabaga
May 10th, 2007, 09:58:53 PM
Oh my gawd, oh my gawd, oh my gawd....

Definitely one of the best episodes of Lost EVER. First episode in ages where I almost literally screamed during the last scene. Ben shooting Locke was just unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. I really do hope he's saved somehow, because he's always been one of my favorite characters. Although I have thought he's been a little less Locke-ish most of this season...one of the best things about this episode was that he was finally showing some of that Locke fury and flair that had been missing a little bit. Like when he beat the crap out of Mikhail, holy cow.

I almost don't know where to begin on this episode. What a fabulous backstory for Ben, that's for sure. (BTW, that was Michael Emerson's wife playing Ben's mom, for all you trivia buffs out there ;).) You couldn't help but feel bad for him when his dad said that rotten thing to him on his birthday. And then when he escaped and ran into Richard...I was like, "What da hey???"

Then to see what Richard meant when he told Ben he'd have to be patient...here I'd thought the episode where they found the old VW bus full of beer was kind of a silly throwaway episode...heck no, heck no indeed. And to see that the entire Dharma community was wiped out by the Hostiles...yikes. It reminded me of Jonestown, in a way.

And I too thought that Jacob was some kind of sick hoax on Ben's part...until the "help me" was heard. I don't get spooked easily, but that totally freaked me out. And when the place went crazy, and for the briefest moment you could see someone WAS sitting in the chair, and there was a quick close-up of someone's terrified eyes...holy crap. Jacob is real, I have no doubts. And I'm wondering if he's actually being held captive by Ben or something...otherwise, why would he have said, "Help me"?

And again, that ending...seeing that Ben really had gotten the drop on Locke, cripes. I still like Ben as a character because he's so creepy, but I'm now of the opinion that someone has to splatter this guy ASAP because he's such a sociopathic monster. He deserves the ugliest death possible.

An absolutely brilliant episode, yet another one where we got tons of answers but were left with tons of new questions. And I really don't mind all the new questions that were thrown at us in this episode, because they're so fascinating and exciting.

Really, really awesome episode! :clap

Rutabaga
May 10th, 2007, 10:06:48 PM
Read this...I don't always remember to check this every week, but there was no way I was missing this one. Enjoy :D.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/10/lost-diary-the-man-behind-the-curtain/

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2007, 10:29:24 PM
Cool article. I am not sure who the 5 deaths will be. I think they meant 5 deaths in May. Locke's father was the first. The other 4 I am not sure of, and we still have to see if Locke himself survives.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2007, 12:13:54 AM
Speculation: The 5 deaths include Naomi - she's hope of rescue and so she's for sure going bye-bye to the big hole in the sky. And we know Desmond can't keep saving Charlie from death so he's a goner too.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2007, 12:39:43 AM
http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/ This site has screencaps and Easter Eggs from Lost - its pretty cool actually. Lots of pictures of Jacob from his 11 frames of screen time. Ok, only 11 pics.

Rutabaga
May 11th, 2007, 07:04:19 AM
I was thinking some more about this episode after posting...how significant is it that Ben couldn't hear what Jacob said to Locke? Like the guy in the TMZ article said, Ben looked really peeved that Locke could hear Jacob, like he wanted to be the only one who could communicate with him.

I also can't believe that Locke will die, because it's been so fully established that he has that extraordinarily special relationship with the island. And the island loves him too. If it isn't Alex and/or Rousseau who saves him, something else will happen to keep him alive.

As for the 5 deaths, I don't know, although that was what was floating through my head when Locke got shot. I do agree that Naomi is a prime target...they lose her, they lose any chance of getting off the island. And as I've said before, I hope Charlie does bite the dust, since I can't stand him and don't think the show would lose anything without him. All I know is, I sure as heck haven't heard much spoilage at all about who the 5 are. Of course, I try to avoid spoilage, so that might have something to do with it ;).

Oh, BTW, has everyone here read about the plans for the rest of the show? Three more seasons of 16 episodes each, apparently starting in January each season so that the episodes run uninterrupted without preemptions or repeats. I think that's a good idea, plus I do think that having an end date in sight will help them keep the storyline under control as much as possible.

Jedi Master Carr
May 11th, 2007, 11:38:33 AM
Sorry I thought the the five deaths were common knowledge since both TV guide and Entertaiment weekly have brough them up. I haven't heard any clear cut answers on who might die although, I suspect Charlie will be one. I am sure they count Locke's father because they said Five Deaths in May in both articles. I read in one of the only two will be major characters. The rest will be secondary ones. I could see Naomi bitting it along with people like Tom, Karl and some other members of the Others. For the the other major death, I am hoping it will be Ben. If Lcoke survives I still suspect that he is being built up to replace Ben as leader of the Others

Rutabaga
May 11th, 2007, 05:51:30 PM
No worries, I definitely knew about the 5 deaths in May stuff because it really is common knowledge...what I haven't heard any spoilage about is just who those 5 are, that's all I was getting at :).

And like I said, although I really do like Ben because he's such an interesting (and psychotic!) character, after what happened this week, the man must die. As horrible and/or poetic a death as possible.

Y'know, I was thinking, it's been a momentous weeks for villains and their backstories, plus the full monty on their psychoses, what with Sylar and Ben being at the forefront of their episodes on Heroes and Lost this week :).

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2007, 07:57:52 PM
Since its something that hasn't happened in an episode it should be spoiler tagged, imo, since it is spoiler information. Just because you might think that Anakin getting his arm cut off in AOTC might be common information before the movie came out it is still considered a spoiler.

And I didn't know until I read it here. the 5 deaths thing :shakefist

Jedi Master Carr
May 11th, 2007, 10:07:36 PM
Well I apologize, the Anakin thing though isn't a valid comparison, mainly because it wasn't reported by the press. TV Guide has ran three articles about it so I thought it was pretty well known.

Rutabaga
May 12th, 2007, 11:30:45 AM
I went back to read the TMZ blog and found out that the writer has a whole blog called The Lost Diary. Here's the link so you can go back and read what he's said about other episodes...I love the guy, I laugh out loud every time I read his comments :).

http://www.thelostdiary.com/

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2007, 11:55:23 AM
The only thing that is truly annoying about that Diary is that the writer keeps referring to Ben as Henry Gale, which is really annoying. :p

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2007, 10:11:49 PM
This last episode was very good although sad at parts. To me this was really like a part one of a three part finale. So will Charlie die? And will anybody else die? Are the survivors going to get off the island? Should be a great two hour finale.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2007, 12:45:36 AM
Can't wait - thought Charlie was going to bite the big one tonight - it was his flashback episode after all and nearly everyone else has died during their flashback episodes! The end where he comes up to air and killer underwater womens with rifles... looks like Ben has a habit of lying to everyone about everything. Not that I thought he didn't. Question is, are those women Dharma or Hostiles?

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2007, 02:58:27 PM
I am going to say hostiles. I think Ben was lying to Julliet, which doesn't surprise me.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2007, 04:49:18 PM
I just find it interesting that the people in the Swan were left alone by the Hostiles until Ben decided that he didn't want them to push the Button anymore. And he wasn't a Hostile at all to begin with. :whaa

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2007, 05:44:32 PM
I just find it interesting that the people in the Swan were left alone by the Hostiles until Ben decided that he didn't want them to push the Button anymore. And he wasn't a Hostile at all to begin with. :whaa

Well the Swan was very protective too unless you could blow up the hatch, which was the only easy way in. Not sure how much Ben knew about the button either. I think that was something only certain people knew about.

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2007, 07:10:29 AM
Because I don't like Charlie, I found this week's episode to be fairly dull overall, especially in light of how great last week's episode was. All I could think was, geez, if Charlie doesn't bite the big one after all this angst, I'm going to feel cheated :mischief.

Speaking of dying, I can't help but think that the fact that Rose and Bernard finally showed up again after months and months means that one of them is going to die. Probably Bernard, since he's staying behind to be one of the shooters. And I think Jin is in danger too.

Darth McBain
May 18th, 2007, 09:12:52 AM
I'm thinking that he won't die next week. It seems like all of the deaths we've seen have come as a surprise. Maybe the "surprise" next week will be that even though they've led us right up to it, Charlie won't actually die...

Right with ya on Bernard, though - Jinn... I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw he had returned.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2007, 04:18:39 PM
Bernard as the last surviving member of the Tailies (who weren't kidnapped by the Others, of course) has a big bullseye on him. :shootin

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2007, 06:00:20 PM
I have nothing but speculation here but I think Bernard is safe.

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2007, 06:04:32 PM
I hope Bernard is safe, I love him and Rose :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2007, 06:33:13 PM
I'm just saying, if next week its a Bernard flashback.... :uhoh

;)

I'm insanely curious about the Looking Glass. And, of course, about Locke's fate. ^_^;

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2007, 07:32:19 PM
Have no fear, the season is ending as it began, with Jack flashbacks ;). Hopefully they won't be nearly as blech as the ones in the infamous tattoo episode.

Now I feel dumb, I just read The Lost Diary for this week's episode, and the woman that Charlie saved from the mugging in London was Nadia. I totally didn't realize it. :o

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2007, 07:33:14 PM
I caught that one. :angel

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2007, 10:09:58 PM
I thought for sure that was her.

Yog
May 19th, 2007, 06:21:59 AM
I never really got into this series. At least not yet. How does it compare to Heroes and BSG?

Rutabaga
May 19th, 2007, 07:27:45 AM
I've been hooked on Lost from the first frame of the pilot. Quality-wise, the first 2 seasons were on a par with Heroes and BSG. This third season that's just about to end has been the weakest season so far because the episodes have just been of widely varying quality...it's had one of the worst episodes so far (the episode about Jack's tattoos) and one of the best episodes so far (last week's The Man Behind The Curtain). The good news is, after a wobbly season, the show has finally found its mojo again and has been up to the quality of previous seasons. And even at its weakest, Lost is still better than 99% of the crap that populates the airwaves nowadays.

I think that having a wobbly season was absolutely inevitable. No series can hit a home run each and every time, and there's always some streak of creative fatigue. Plus some viewers have been frustrated by how convoluted the story gets at times, as well as the efforts to keep the mysteries of the island from being fully revealed too quickly. But for me, overall it's been terrific TV storytelling...I love the mystery, the writing is usually crisp and imaginative, a lot of the characters are fascinating and thankfully complex, and the acting is superb (I think Michael Emerson in particular needs an Emmy ASAP). It's not for everyone, but for me, it's been one heck of a ride. It's not perfect, but no matter how wobbly it gets, I'll be there for each and every moment because I want to see where it all ends :).

Yog
May 19th, 2007, 10:51:47 AM
Hmm.. thanks. Guess it's another TV-series marathon for me then :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 21st, 2007, 11:27:46 AM
To me the last ten episodes have been better than Season 2. The tattoo episode was the worse and the first six episodes were weak.

Jedi Master Carr
May 23rd, 2007, 09:30:29 PM
Wow freakish finale where to begin. For those on the West coast do not read

First the deaths, I new Charlie was going to die. He actually did a noble thing because he saved Desmond who would have perished, IMO. Naomi was a liar but I will get to that later. I didn't mind all the others getting it, most of them deserved. Loved it when Hurley came driving down in the Van that was awesome. Then Jack beating the crap out of Ben that was one of the highlights of the whole season or maybe when Rousseau knocked him in the head later :p Of course the big shocker is the flash backs were flash forwards and so they get off the island. Here is my theory on that
they leave the island and they have to go back to the island to save it. Realize their is something about Jacob. I think that boat is connected to Penny's father (who else would know Desmond is on that island?) So I think that is the Dharma Intiitiative and Hanso. I think they rescue the survivors and get them off and then take over the island. Jack wants to go back to save the island from Dharma or save Jacob who wanted help. I suspect we will show them go back and the flashbacks will be what their lives were like after coming back sort of like Jack's. Also I think I think I know who the dead person is that Jack was going to the funeral of. The neighborhood looked very poor and black and I don't think no white person would be in that funeral home. So either black or a miniority so I am going to say it's Michael. Realize they all hate Michael after what he had did, hell his son may have hated him too and not even went to his funeral. I wouldn't put it past Sawyer or one of the other survivors to hunt Michael down and kill him.

Rutabaga
May 24th, 2007, 07:06:36 AM
Well, I have some mixed feelings about the finale...I thought it was good, solid stuff but not great. Although the last 5 minutes were great, finding out that the flashbacks were actually flash forwards. It just left me with the feeling that we're going to have Heroes-like discussions about it all...is that a future for Jack that's set in stone? Is it inevitable that they will get rescued, and that the rescue will lead to Jack becoming a grungy alcoholic Oxycodone addict? Or can that change?

I was counting the deaths along the way, so there was Tom, the 2 women in the Looking Glass, apparently Mikhail (he was holiding the hand grenade when it went off, wasn't he? plus he'd been stabbed through the chest), Naomi, and apparently Charlie. (Although this being Lost, I don't know if we can say for absolute sure that Charlie is DOA, although it did look fairly definite.) And dang it if the same thing didn't happen during Charlie's last scene as happened during Boone's and Shannon's deaths...couldn't stand either of those characters either, but their moments of demise still made me kind of misty-eyed. If Charlie truly is dead, then at least he did die a noble death and was able to give Desmond some important info in his last moments.

I think you're right, Carr, that it was Michael's funeral, although I thought the casket looked a little on the small side. Maybe it was just the angle that they shot the scene from...from some angles it looked adult-sized, but at others it looked just a little undersized. And maybe I'm just nitpicking :lol.

Speaking of Michael...one moment when I did freak out was the sudden appearance of Walt, spurring Locke on to get up and go do what he needed to do. (Wow, but Walt has also gone through puberty since we last saw him ;).) I knew the island wouldn't let Locke die. I want to see more of the fallout from that event next season.

Loved Rousseau meeting Alex face-to-face for the first time, and yeah, Jack beating the snot out of Ben was something that was a long time coming. When Jack found out that Sayid, Bernard, and Jin were actually still alive, I was waiting for Jack to pop Ben again.

And poor Hurley, when Sawyer told him to go away because he'd only get in the way...it really was great when Hurley came riding to the rescue in the dreaded blue Dharma VW van.

So there definitely was a lot of good stuff in those 2 hours last night, but overall I was a little underwhelmed...whereas after the last 2 season finales I was counting the hours until the show started again, right now my feeling is, okay, we're done for now, I'll be back in February for sure, but I'm not as breathless in waiting as I was before. But I think that's par for the course for this third season as a whole.

Oh, and I hate my ABC affiliate...the sound was off kilter for the first 35 minutes of the episode before anyone bothered to fix it :shakefist.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2007, 07:20:31 AM
:verymad <-- this is my reaction

Charlies death was stupid. He had enough time to get out and close the door from the outside. They had oxygen tanks outside as well, so even if they didn't close the door they could still escape and be alive.

Jack in the Future... bleargh. :|

Miranda Tarkin
May 24th, 2007, 08:17:33 AM
My theory is that since we ended on the flash forward, that is how the new season will begin. The present will be the future! And the entire season will be them getting back to the island and the flashbacks will be of what happened when the freighter came to rescue them on the island.

I could be wrong but that would save it for me because the ending was meh.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2007, 10:47:28 AM
:verymad <-- this is my reaction

Charlies death was stupid. He had enough time to get out and close the door from the outside. They had oxygen tanks outside as well, so even if they didn't close the door they could still escape and be alive.

Jack in the Future... bleargh. :|

The door would only lock from one side. You could see that Desmond couldn't open it. The water would have came in and they might not have been able to escape. Also there is the fact that Desmond saw Penny on that monitor and he was saying Penny when Charlie locked the door. I think Desmond would have went in that room desparte to find out what Penny was saying and would have been killed in the process. I think Charlie knew that and knew he had to die for Desmond to live. I actually enjoyed the final as for Jack's future well either it isn't set in stone or as I was saying that the survivors will be forced to go back to the island during Season 4 because they are all now cursed becuase they left things unfinished on the island. And I mean Jacob being locked up.

Zereth Lancer
May 24th, 2007, 12:53:57 PM
I am incredibly unimpressed with the finale. No big change there, I've been unimpressed with the entirety of the third season. It hardly answered anything, and heaped on more questions. I feel like the kid that opened his Christmas present to find vegetables inside. Big disappointment. The only crowning point for the whole two hour episode was seeing Locke alive again, even if he was only there for a moment and then gone again. The Van-attack with Hurley was great, as were the scenes where Charley was tied up, but a few good scenes do not salvage the episode.

They killed Charley, I cannot believe it. Charley was one of the few reasons I even watch the show. Originally it was Sawyer and Locke that kept me enthralled, but they've both pivoted off, one becoming depressed and the other nearly dying. And now Charley is dead, after Desmond kept saving him from dying. It was so anti-climatic. I am very disappointed.

I wince when I consider what the next season will hold, because I don't think it will ever have the fire it possessed in the first season. Lost is dying out quickly, in my opinion.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2007, 04:57:17 PM
If they have to team up from across the country and try to find a way to get back to the island I shall be severely disappointed.

Again, the Desmond Charlie thing - SCUBA GEAR PEOPLE. They wouldn't have died. :rolleyes

The only possible explaination I have is that Charley was in the mindset that if he didn't die Claire wouldn't be saved, so he did it on purpose.

Rutabaga
May 24th, 2007, 06:13:31 PM
The only possible explaination I have is that Charley was in the mindset that if he didn't die Claire wouldn't be saved, so he did it on purpose.

That's basically what I think...Charlie was prepared to die and ultimately willing to die, so to him, *cue Darth Vader voice* it was his destiny. And I still say that, this is Lost, Desmond might still figure out a way to save him. Personally I hope he stays waterlogged :evil.

There's some conversation online that this is going to bring a shift to the storytelling next year, and that for everyone we'll have flash forwards instead of flashbacks, and I don't know if that's gonna work for another 3 seasons.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2007, 08:54:18 PM
That's basically what I think...Charlie was prepared to die and ultimately willing to die, so to him, *cue Darth Vader voice* it was his destiny. And I still say that, this is Lost, Desmond might still figure out a way to save him. Personally I hope he stays waterlogged :evil.

There's some conversation online that this is going to bring a shift to the storytelling next year, and that for everyone we'll have flash forwards instead of flashbacks, and I don't know if that's gonna work for another 3 seasons.

Well it could work for one season. Maybe then they go back to the island and save Jacob who obviously needs help.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2007, 09:17:07 PM
If they have to team up from across the country and try to find a way to get back to the island I shall be severely disappointed.

Again, the Desmond Charlie thing - SCUBA GEAR PEOPLE. They wouldn't have died. :rolleyes

Also have to consider that they have to figure out how to work the scuba gear. i have never done that in my life it take me probably 10 minutes to figure out how to work it. Besides as I said Demsond saw Penny's face, Charlie would have had to knock him out to stop him from coming in there.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2007, 12:59:43 AM
They could still have swam out the window after the pressure equalized. He just did nothing to try to survive. :|

And I don't know where you're getting that Jacob obviously needs help. Haven't even seen the man yet. If he is a man. :huh So I don't know why anyone would want to go save him, since Locke is the only person who really knows about him anyway.

I bet Locke stays on the island, like Danielle. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2007, 08:32:58 AM
They could still have swam out the window after the pressure equalized. He just did nothing to try to survive. :|

And I don't know where you're getting that Jacob obviously needs help. Haven't even seen the man yet. If he is a man. :huh So I don't know why anyone would want to go save him, since Locke is the only person who really knows about him anyway.

I bet Locke stays on the island, like Danielle. ;)

Well he told Locke to help him. I think what ever it is, Ben has he or it against his will. Of course Jacob could represent the island and then the island might need the saving.

Blade Bacquin
May 25th, 2007, 12:43:10 PM
I just want to say Mikhail will probably survive. I mean come on the guy already survived getting his brain fried and a shot to the chest by a harpoon gun. Why not let him survive a gernade too right.

As for charlies death I am going with the opinion that he was running purily on instinct to keep desimond out of the room. Then afterwards realising he screwed himself in the process. Basing that simply off the fact that as Desmond was running to the door you could clearly her him yelling penny. As for swimming out the window I honestly don't think he would have fit and even if could have it was more important to get the information to desmond just in case he drowned on the way up.

Although the part no one has said anything about oddly enough is in Jacks flash forwards his father was alive? Thats the part that caught my eye more then anything else.

Another thing was Ben refered to a temple and that was where the others where headed what is this temple?

Also as far as next season goes we know this. Russo said she wasn't going to leave the island. I am also guessing locke wouldn't leave since well he was admit about staying most of this season. Ben doesn't want to go and didn't want anyone else to go eather. So I'm guessing at least three people stayed Ben, russo, and Locke. A fourth more then likely russo's daughter stayed as well.

Also on what we know about Island wich ain't much perhaps the flashward was much like desmonds realiving his life again. We know the island itself likes messing with people. Maybe it's showing them what will happen if they leave to soon.

The major question left is if Naomi isn't working for penny who is she working for and why are they there. Also how the heck did they know about desmond and why after only him being gone so long did they just start to look for him? Cause desmond has been gone longer then the plane crash victims.

As for the answers everyone is looking for what is the island and such wich most feel the writers are not very forth coming with. I think it's more like this no one knows not event he others. I think the others whole point to being there was to try and figure out what it was and why it could do such amazing things. I personally got allot of answers out of this season of the show.

1. Most of the others main goal is to try and keep the island a secret. The reason is simple if you thinka bout it if you find this amazing thing let say a miracle cure. You would want to keep it a secret because if certain people found out they would exploit it for there own gains. This doesn't mean other wouldn't such a thing existed they just wouldn't know where it was and so on so you have to keep from them.

I'm sorry I'm big on the whole human nature thing and this show goes way into human nature.

2. We also learned that there where natives well sort of to the island. Also about the mystery man or what ever named Jacob. we learned how darma was wiped out off the island. even though as ben stated some of the darma people made the choice to join the natives and survived not just him.

You see everyone was looking for this big explination as to what everything was and how it worked. That would have ruined the show quicker. Another theory I have is that they jumped forward so they could go back to the island however this time to figure out what is instead of looking for a way to escape. In this aspect the writers can give the audince what they want a little better. with character that don't want to be saved but rather want to learn that way the audence can be allong for the adventure of learning about the island. The story wasn't intended to be about the island so much as it was about the characters but to many people got side track with what the island was and how it worked it's a plot shift if you will.

As for my theory on what the island is and that black smoke monster. Well the writers said it wasn't pergatory or hell. I think it's the garden of Eden and the monster is what is supose to gaurd it. At least that is my running theory at the moment.

I noticed allot of you where loking at the big points and missing allot of the small ones. sometimes you make the big the big points ina show so people will forget about the small details like jacks father being alive after they where suposedly saved from the island. I think ther eis more to then meets the eye to this season finale and I truthfully liked it allot and can't wait for next season.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2007, 01:04:00 PM
Its interesting how critics are loving the season finalle. And most are saying it had the best one of all the TV shows. Here is what they have to say abot the rest from USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-24-TV-finales_N.htm

Here is what they say about Lost.
Lost (ABC)
Bianco: * * * *

The finale word: Wow. And whoa.

With a beautifully shot, daringly conceived two-hour film of a finale, Lost gave us action, adventure, victory, defeat, catharsis, death — and, as promised, a game-changing final scene. Now that's how you end a season.

And thanks to that show-bending ending — a dissolute Jack, in the future and off the island, telling Kate they must return — it's also a lesson in how great TV writers can twist expectations to hurtle you into the next season. We thought Jack's story was a flashback; he thought his blind, single-minded drive to be a savior would turn out well. We were all wrong.

Yes, there were some answers: Locke is alive; Penny is not coming to the rescue; and Ben cannot be ignored. And sadly, Charlie was indeed fated to die, a destiny he embraced in a loving, moving sacrifice.

Still, what matters most, and will annoy some the most, are the new questions raised by Jack's flash-forward. Lost is a mystery, folks, and the road will twist until it ends. If all you want is answers, find another island.

I actually agree with that sentiment and it did blow 24 away. I was very disapointed in 24 season's finale and even Heroes was kind of a let down. For me Lost was the only one that delivered.

Rutabaga
May 25th, 2007, 06:15:04 PM
I've seen some of those critics' reviews, and yeah, they've all been pretty unanimous in their praise...I didn't hate it by any means, I was just kind of underwhelmed. For me, the Heroes season finale was a much greater success.

And on the detail about Jack mentioning his father more than once in the flashfowards...I've seen lots of speculation on that on the 'net, and I'm in the camp that believes those remarks don't mean that Christian is alive. I think it was a way to show how pickled and drug-addled Jack's brain was.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2007, 11:07:16 PM
I was disapointed in Heroes. The final battle was underwhelming. I think the problem was they should have made the finale 2 hours which would have helped. A ten minute final battle just isn't that good for such an epic story line. Of course 24, disapointed me worse. I hated the scene with Jack Bauer crying over a Cliff.

Rutabaga
May 26th, 2007, 07:19:47 AM
The lack of what I thought was going to be an apocalyptic battle between Peter and Sylar was my one complaint about the Heroes finale...I just have some hope that since Sylar is apparently still alive means that the confrontation in Kirby Plaza was just a precursor, and that by the time they meet again, Peter will have learned how to control Ted's power. And then they can go at it the way they did in Five Years Gone :). But still overall Heroes was way more satisfying than Lost. Like I said, I'm not salivating over how long it's going to be before Lost comes back in February, but I already am counting the days before Heroes comes back :).

I've never been a 24 watcher, so can't say anything about that, but I do have one more season finale that I'm waiting for...tonight's final episode of Robin Hood on BBC America. That's been an absolutely brilliant series :clap.

Hartus Kenobi
May 26th, 2007, 06:11:02 PM
I am NOT happy that they're off the island. I'll be on the edge of my seat for next season, but I have this feeling that they've jumped the shark. But the finale up until the last few minutes was amazing.