PDA

View Full Version : Admiral El' Jonson has returned

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 26th, 2006, 02:49:08 AM
Well, hello puppies. If you haven't picked this up by now, I'm back, and with college in full swing, I doubt I'll be pulled away from SWFans again.

So, I'm hoping that we can have fun pasting each other again, in true Alliance vs. Empire fashion.

When I left, Lion and his Battlegroup Implacable had fled into hyperspace following the Battle of Endor, punching clean through the Imperial fleet and making off with 3 semi-functional ImpStar Deuces. In all the chaos, though, there was no time to calculate a proper hyperspace jump, so the fleet ended up barreling along a blind course for several minutes, until the mass-shadow sensors detected a large mass and kicked the fleet back to subspace.

It was at that point that the hyperdrive engines on nearly a dozen ships failed due to battle damage, gravitational influence, stupid Mon Calamari techs, and bad leadership. ^_^;

It took nearly a week for Stellar Cartography to even determine their position, and when they realized where they were (midway between Endor and Bakura), they were faced with the unenviable choice between limping home on sublight engines (which could conceivably take over a year) or abandoning a dozen heavy warships, which would have stranded thousands of personnel and spelled the end for Battlegroup Implacable.

So, we've been limping home for the last few months, getting into and out of trouble in a few sectors with the locals, dodging the scattered and wayward elements of the Imperial fleet, and trying to locate a shipyard with enough capacity (and goodwill) to refit the damaged ships. Lion figures that, as long as we're out near the unknown regions, we might as well try to establish contact with as many worlds as we can, so I suppose we have a diplomatic purpose as well.

Essentially, Battlegroup Implacable is living out its own series of Star Trek: Voyager. :lol

If anybody has any ideas for RPs involving the fleet, my troops or my intel elements, please post them. I think my fleet could end up in a conflict with nearly anybody, since we don't even have a good idea of where the rest of the Alliance fled to following the debacle at Endor, and therefore we're probing every likely hiding place.

~Lion~

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 27th, 2006, 04:52:57 AM
Glad to have you back... even if you are still off wandering IC :p

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 27th, 2006, 01:00:28 PM
Hehe, well, whatever happened to exploring? :p

Telan Desaria
Sep 28th, 2006, 03:54:52 AM
exploring? what do you think this is? Star Trek fans??????

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:29:03 AM
:lol!!!!

Star Trek Fans for the win!

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 28th, 2006, 11:32:15 AM
Hehe, who says you can't investigate a mysterious energy field and not have fun? Usually, it also gives pilots valuable practice in surviving shuttlecraft crashes.

Nice to see you're still around, Telan. :D

And Star Trek fans FTW!

Ira Yahff
Nov 19th, 2006, 12:04:32 AM
And so he left again? :(

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2006, 08:00:39 AM
Real life is like a ravenous black hole monster.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:37:32 AM
and Lion is known for his reappearing/disappearing self :(

Ira Yahff
Nov 19th, 2006, 11:31:57 AM
He is like the Nightcrawler.

Grace Van-Derveld
Nov 19th, 2006, 11:36:26 AM
except not so smelly when he disappears!

Ira Yahff
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:19:45 AM
Speak for yourself. :)

If it wasn't for you, Dasq, and Byl the Rebels would be very stinky right now. :)

Grace Van-Derveld
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:01:56 AM
That's because us spy people are :cool:

But thank you ^_^; Dasq has done a lot more for the Rebels then me tho

Karl Valten
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:16:34 PM
I got a PM from him two weeks ago, something about midterms.