PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:13:18 PM
Anybody watch this tonight?
I thought it was a very good cool show, kinda of X-Men crossed with Lost. I think I am going to watch it every week.

Rutabaga
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:23:10 PM
I'm planning on watching it because it's gotten glowing reviews. I'm a tad skeptical since it does sound so much like an X-Men rip-off, but it still sounds like it will be well worth a look.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:24:21 PM
I'm planning on watching it because it's gotten glowing reviews. I'm a tad skeptical since it does sound so much like an X-Men rip-off, but it still sounds like it will be well worth a look.

I enjoyed it and there are references to x-men and one joke that mentions the comic book. I really liked the first episode. I can't wait for the next one.

Liam Jinn
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:30:46 PM
I liked it, but I doubt I'll schedule anything around it. It's been done, whether it's a movie or TV show, nothing too original in my book.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:41:00 PM
I liked it, but I doubt I'll schedule anything around it. It's been done, whether it's a movie or TV show, nothing too original in my book.

Well very few things are original. 24 and Lost which I both love aren't even original.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:48:40 PM
We're DVR-ing it tonight, so I shall be back with my opinions after the hubby and I sit down and watch it. :)

Liam Jinn
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:48:45 PM
There's just so much of this superhero type stuff going on this year...A whole new drama series that'll take 8 or so episodes to get things established doesn't thrill me, and if it takes off, wiating 6 months for the next set of events to happen, bah. I'd rather just watch a quick flick like X-men or something.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:57:25 PM
There's just so much of this superhero type stuff going on this year...A whole new drama series that'll take 8 or so episodes to get things established doesn't thrill me, and if it takes off, wiating 6 months for the next set of events to happen, bah. I'd rather just watch a quick flick like X-men or something.

Yeah it will take patience. It is like Lost in that way you have to wait to see where the show is going. That is the only thing that worries me the show might get cancelled because the viewers will leave it. Although, that didn't happen with Lost.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 25th, 2006, 09:04:49 PM
It did, however, happen with Invasion. :shakefist ABC didn't even give that show a chance, they just threw it into a prime timeslot, and hoped for some Lost magic to rub off on it. Then just when the show started to come into its own they put it on 'hiatus' for like two months, ran another new show that they wanted to Lost magic to rub off on, and then acted surprised when viewers forgot it existed and didn't come back to it.

Then they canceled it RIGHT when it managed to pick up momentum that would have carried it right through a second season. I'm not bitter. No, no. I'm furious! :verymad

I'm sure Heroes will be moderately good, and might do moderately well.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2006, 09:20:08 PM
Yeah I stopped watching Vanished for that reason, although that was getting worse ratings than Invasion. I figured the show was dead in the water and Heroes was on against it now which will be the nail in the coffin, IMO.

Rutabaga
Sep 26th, 2006, 07:05:53 AM
I watched it and thought it was kinda blah, the only character who really caught my interest was the Japanese guy, his was a very funny and entertaining story. I wasn't overly impressed...but the preview for upcoming episodes was very, very intriguing, so I'll keep watching for a while to see where the story is heading.

Oh yeah, and the reference to Kitty Pryde and the comic book was almost a surprise, at least they did acknowledge their inspiration :). And the Star Trek references were cute too.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2006, 10:07:56 AM
The Japanese guy was hilarious. :D He was also my favorite part of the show. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it'll shape up into something good. :)

Ryan Pode
Sep 26th, 2006, 07:56:26 PM
OH MAN. Mucho gusto.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2006, 08:36:20 PM
:D

"Yaaahooooo!"

Katarina Gordislava
Sep 27th, 2006, 01:15:25 AM
Super-Hiro. :D

http://blog.nbc.com/hiro_blog/ He has a blog. I think I'll actually go and read it every week. Amazing!

Mitch
Sep 27th, 2006, 10:58:39 PM
ARRGH! They got time travel wrong! I hate it when they do that! It might work on the surface, but when you think about it what they did was so horrendously wrong...

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:41:22 PM
I don't believe there was any time travel involved in the show. :huh I may be incorrect, but I don't think I am.

Hiro teleported, he didn't travel in time...?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:35:58 AM
This weeks episode was a great one to follow the first. I enjoyed it a lot, though I can't help but feel that both the pilot and this episode should have been shown together as a two hour pilot.

Hiro's adventures were crazier than we thought originally. He's still my favorite character. :D

And the introduction of the mysterious Syler adds some menace. All heroes need super villians.

Why aren't the spoiler tags working? O_o

Ryan Pode
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:53:39 PM
How bad butt is Syler? First he froze the dude completely and what he did to the mom... jeez. He must be pretty powerful.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:55:12 PM
Plus we know that he kills the artist on Nov. 8th, because his body had the same MO - brain missing and head cut open. Freaky! We're hooked. ;)

Ok spoiler tags seem to work, though at first the text isn't masked until I mouseover it. Bizarre!

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:36:27 PM
That Syler is creepy. I loved the ending. I really didn't see that coming. Also do you think we have met Syler? Some people think it is Carrie's adoptive Dad but I don't think so. I don't think he could have been in LA, NY and Texas all in the span of a few days. Unless he can teleport like Hiro which I doubt. I suspect he he has other motives.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:39:43 PM
Carrie's dad seems to be the General William Stryker of the show (as seen in X-Men United).

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:45:29 PM
That sounds right maybe Bolivar Trask a human villain. I actually don't think we have seen the main villain if that will be Syler or somebody else.

Rutabaga
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:07:41 PM
I enjoyed the second episode...Hiro is still my favorite character so far. To realize that he truly can manipulate time as well as teleporting was fun, especially since I was thrown by seeing Isaac dead with the top of his skull sawed off :eek. That Syler is one creepy dude, that's for sure.

BTW, don't know if anyone else saw this, but believe it or not, the show is actually being sued over the garbage disposal scene in the pilot, here's the story:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,20169,00.html?fdnews

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as heck didn't notice the manufacturer of the disposal, I was too busy going, "IIIIIiiiiccckkkk!!!" And besides, don't we all know that garbage disposals will do damage if you stick your hand in them? :huh

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:42:22 PM
I just thought that the chick was retarded to just reach in without turning it off first. :rolleyes

Rutabaga
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:05:39 AM
I know...as icky as it was, I thought it was kind of silly. And the effects weren't that great either :\.

But the lawsuit is just dumb.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2006, 07:06:32 AM
This week's was great, I'll write more about it later, but two things: SYLER, and waking up during your own autopsy. >_< SHUDDER!!!!

Rutabaga
Oct 11th, 2006, 07:14:25 AM
This week's was great, I'll write more about it later, but two things: SYLER, and waking up during your own autopsy. >_< SHUDDER!!!!

I know! That final image of Claire waking up on the autopsy table was so great! Although Hiro is still my fave character, that one image alone has totally won me over and made me a huge fan of the series. :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2006, 09:15:40 AM
Yeah the end with Claire was a great scene. Of course she will be just fine, if powers are really like Wolverine's she will completely heal. He has healed from far worse.

Ryan Pode
Oct 11th, 2006, 06:46:29 PM
OMG. Shes got to run away now. She's dead.

Rutabaga
Oct 11th, 2006, 07:45:28 PM
It looked from the preview like she's going to get some juicy revenge on the guy who killed her. Woohoo!!!

Speaking of memorable images from the episode, I forgot to mention that I loved everything frozen when Hiro stopped time to save the girl who was about to get hit by the truck. That was a great moment that just looked sssoooo neat :D.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2006, 09:07:36 PM
Yeah me to, that was a great moment. It looks like that many of them are going to start gathering next episode. Peter and the Indian scientist for sure. I figure they go to the artist and start putting the pieces together.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2006, 06:22:19 PM
Speaking of memorable images from the episode, I forgot to mention that I loved everything frozen when Hiro stopped time to save the girl who was about to get hit by the truck. That was a great moment that just looked sssoooo neat :D.

I'm right there with you, that was a really awesome scene. I love Hiro and Ando, they're my favorite characters too. :D

Rutabaga
Oct 17th, 2006, 07:09:00 AM
This show is really starting to rival Lost with the cliffhanger element to the end of each episode. Seeing the Hiro from the future coming to see Peter, carrying the samurai sword, with the ponytail, and speaking perfect English was just great. Plus the little tidbit of telling Peter, "You look different without your scar." Wow. And then the preview for next week's episode, looks like we'll finally get some serious flying action, and the whole "save the cheerleader, save the world" line...oh boy!

Loved Hiro and Ando in Vegas, the whole Rainman moment was hilarious. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2006, 03:46:45 PM
I finally understand what Peter's power is - he's like Rogue, but he doesn't have to touch anyone. I don't remember him drawing the future after meeting Isaac, however..? Was that two weeks ago?

I'm anxious to see what has happened to the cop, however. Sounded like he was going to be lobotomized!!

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 17th, 2006, 04:44:39 PM
yeah Peter is an empath can gain powers through emotions. I also think I got what Niki's powers are. I think she is a cross between the Hulk and Dr. Jeckel and Mr Hyde. Oh and I loved the ending with Hiro. Next week does look great as well.

Ryan Pode
Oct 18th, 2006, 12:59:22 PM
How bad *** is Hiro now with a samurai sword. He can freeze time and cut you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2006, 01:46:55 PM
Episode 5 - Hiros

Tonight's the night! Future Hiro in the subway with Peter Petrelli FTW!

Also, if you didn't watch the 'marathon' on NBC yesterday evening of the Story So Far, here is the super special preview of The Coming Weeks that aired: http://home.comcast.net/~danielladel/Coming_Weeks.wmv

If you love Heroes you need to watch this. :D

Rutabaga
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:10:00 AM
Nathan is such a jerk--that big fake politician's smile he gave the woman at the hotel was a classic--but, oh boy, when he flew up into the air, that just made my day :D.

So, Niki's ex-husband looks like he's got a power, like invisibility or something...I also read in TV Guide a few weeks ago that pretty soon we're going to find out that Micah has a power as well. I haven't seen hints of what his power might be just yet, so that'll be interesting to find out what he's got.

Hiro, as usual, was terrific :lol.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 24th, 2006, 11:12:43 AM
I think Niki's husband's power is phasing, like Kitty Pride. I saw him move through a wall in one of the preview clips. If he is good or bad is the question. I think it is Syler who is suppose to kill Claire. I get that from the painting the shadow figure looks like him. I am guessing that is how most of these characters will meet up. The Cop and the FBI agent will be hunting Syler and track him to Texas where they will run into Hiro and his friend; Peter, and at least Issac. They will probably stop Syler from killing Claire. Not sure how that will save the future though yet.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 24th, 2006, 01:21:55 PM
So I caught yesterday's episode and I loved it! I have a reason to watch tv on Monday nights again!

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2006, 01:41:14 PM
Heroes is awesome. The shot of Nathan flying into the air and that sonic boom!!! terrific! Hiro trying to drive the car - "boop boop!" and his little "waffles! Yahoo!" was so hilarious. And when he was trying to talk to Nathan at the accurately named "Fly by Night" diner, and just staring and staring... Hiro is still my favoritest character. :D

With Peter and Isaac coming together, it seems obvious that the heroin is just a crutch for Isaac, he should be able to precog without it like Peter does. I think that he only precogs while he's high at the moment because it loosens up that part of his brain, and I hope that he manages to get past it soon.

I've heard it rumored that Sylar eats the brains of his Super victims (the frozen man in L.A. was sans brain, as was Isaac when Hiro visited him right before the bomb went off, plus the painting Peter finished shows Claire minus the top of her head) and gets their powers that way. So they have to save Claire from Sylar, or else he'll get her invulnerability power and the Heroes will be screwed.

Next week...! I can't wait. Is it Monday again yet? :uhoh

Rutabaga
Oct 24th, 2006, 08:01:56 PM
Super-Hiro. :D

http://blog.nbc.com/hiro_blog/ He has a blog. I think I'll actually go and read it every week. Amazing!

I finally went and read the blog tonight, it's pretty darn hilarious :lol.

Oh, and the most recent blog entry reminded me of the nod to Star Wars in last night's episode, with Hiro lamenting the fact that the was being tempted by the Dark Side ;).

BTW, I checked out NBC's online store to see what Heroes merchandise they have, and there's not much there right now, at least so far. I figured the whole "Save the cheerleader, save the world" phrase is ripe for marketing, so I checked out Cafe Press, and other people had the same idea :D:

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/save%20the%20cheerleader/-/cfpt2_/copt_/cfpt_/source_searchBox/x_0/y_0

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:33:47 PM
New episode tonight!

We get to see D.L. Hawkins tonight and possibly find out exactly what Niki's superpower is. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:08:43 PM
Great episode, we found out what Niki can do I think She is kind of like the Hulk or Dr Jekkel and Mr Hyde. I think she has extreme strength when her alter ego takes over. DL is defintely like Shadowcat. The question is did he kill her? He touched her heart I think, could of just knocked her out I guess. And I new that girl who befriended Mo was a mole. I thought it was stranged the way she just poped up and was so nice. Can't wait for next week.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:13:45 AM
He didn't kill her, she was still breathing and alive when he left.

Also I think that the bio parents of Claire were not her real biological parents. And I can't figure out if Glasses Guy is evil or not. :shakefist!!!

I missed the very very end of the episode, what happens after Eden shows up at Isaac Mendez' door?

Rutabaga
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:46:46 AM
A pox on this time change crap! I fell asleep during the last commercial break and didn't wake up until long after Friday Night Lights had started! :shakefist

Thank goodness for Sci Fi showing reruns on Fridays, I'll have to remember to see what I missed on this episode on Friday night.

Rutabaga
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:12:46 AM
So we finally got a glimpse of Micah's powers...apparently being able to manipulate electricity or electronic equipment or something like that. Could come in very handy someday ;).

And everyone is connected to this Linderman guy...so who is he? When will we get to see him? Is there any chance he might be Sylar? Or is there any chance that he's actually HRG? Hmmmmm....

Entertainment Weekly has the show on the cover of its latest issue, here's a link to the article (minor spoilage inside):

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1553770_3_0_,00.html

The most unexpected thing I discovered in the article is that Masi Oka used to be an effects whiz for ILM! :eek

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:50:59 AM
So we finally got a glimpse of Micah's powers...apparently being able to manipulate electricity or electronic equipment or something like that. Could come in very handy someday ;).

And everyone is connected to this Linderman guy...so who is he? When will we get to see him? Is there any chance he might be Sylar? Or is there any chance that he's actually HRG? Hmmmmm....

Entertainment Weekly has the show on the cover of its latest issue, here's a link to the article (minor spoilage inside):

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1553770_3_0_,00.html

The most unexpected thing I discovered in the article is that Masi Oka used to be an effects whiz for ILM! :eek
Well I don't think Linderman is HRG. I say that because I think Nathan has met him and he has met HRG, so I say its unlikely that is him. Syler is a possiblilty though. He could just be another important character we will have to see. Also there are rumors that a pretty big well known actor is going to play Syler. But they are keeping the name under wraps. Oh who else thinks that Radiation man is what causes the nuclear explosion in NYC? I think Syler will take his powers and do that, but that is my theory.

Ryan Pode
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:57:07 AM
That is an interesting theory that radiation man blows up NYC. I know this a little late, but anyone else notice that the card game Hiro was at, was the same card game Nikki/Jessica ravaged? I didn't pick that up till my mom told me. :(

Rutabaga
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:41:57 PM
I've been thinking that the reason why Sylar is after Claire is to absorb her powers of immunity and quick healing. Although he already seemed pretty immune when he was shot a few episodes ago. But maybe Claire's power is above and beyond what he already has.

Ryan Pode
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:13:24 PM
Or he needs Claire's power to survive blowing up New York with radiation mans powers.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:07:28 AM
Or radiation man tries to stop Sylar but dies in the process and Sylar lives because he has Claire's powers. Or Claire is the only person who could stop Sylar if he had radiation man's powers so she has to go. Either way, it's one of those speculative questions I can't wait to see answered.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:58:13 PM
Or radiation man goes to jail and doesn't get out, and Sylar gets in and kills him and takes his power.

I don't think we need to spoiler tag speculation. ;)

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:38:32 AM
But now people know there's a radiation man! The plot is ruined I say!

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:18:37 PM
Which was my plan ALL ALONG! MUAHAHA! >D

Rutabaga
Nov 14th, 2006, 07:16:45 AM
It was interesting to finally feel some sympathy for HRG last night. His plea to Isaac was very genuine, although his tactic for getting what he wanted was vintage HRG.

I was so, so bummed when the poor waitress got killed by Sylar...but when they showed the photo on the bulletin board at the end and Hiro was suddenly in the photo, then at least we know he somehow saves her. But just how he saves her is the question...perhaps this is another answer we'll get next week, along with seeing Sylar go after Claire at the homecoming dance. :crack

Now, I want to see if anyone else caught what I did, or was I just seeing things...when Mohinder found the file in his dad's desk with the picture of the boy with the soccer ball who had been showing up in his dreams, you could see a glimpse of the name of the kid on the folder tab. It sure looked to me like the name was something close to Sylar. Did I see it right? And if I did, I guess is it safe to presume that this was our first hint of who Sylar is?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 14th, 2006, 07:40:44 AM
The photo means only that Hiro went back a little too far in time. Can't wait for next week! The preview was positively titilating!

And... Sylar is white, and the boy is certainly not. Though is Mohinder a super himself, with his lucid dreaming about things he never saw in the past? Or is this mystery boy giving him dreams?

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:34:20 PM
I agree that boy wasn't Syler. I still think HRG is bad. The fact he is responsible for Claire's parents death makes me think that. I think he wanted to capture Syler for his own reasons, although I think he does have a soft spot for Claire. Maybe some part of him is upset that her parents died. Next week does look great, can't wait to see what happens.

Rutabaga
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:54:40 PM
I figured I was probably just seeeing things :)

I'm like Robert Palmer, I'm always looking for clues :)

Rutabaga
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:05:59 PM
The current issue of Entertainment Weekly spilled a couple o' beans re: upcoming episodes...most notably, they said who's been cast as Sylar. It's someone I don't think anyone has ever heard of, as a matter of fact, the only credit EW gave him was that he was on "So NoTORIous." But they did mention that we will definitely see Sylar in tomorrow's big big episode, and he'll speak a line of dialogue as well.

They also said that Christopher Eccleston is joining the cast in January in a "top secret recurring role." Have no clue who he's going to be playing...unless...will he be playing Linderman? Hm....

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:53:10 PM
The guy playing Syler's most famous role was in 24 Season 3 as Adam. Now I am slightly worried about that. His character was horrible (not sure if it was acting or writing) and I was hoping he get his butt killed. He was a whiner as I remeber. Not srue what that means for Syler. Hopefully, he won't talk. Eccleston is cool though. I bet he is playing Linderman myself. For some reason I have a funny suspcion he is the man behing HRG.

Vigilante
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:28:52 AM
Btw, the name on the file with the picture of the kid from Mohinder's dreams... SANJOG, Iyer, aka Iyer Sanjog. So, only coincidentally close to Syler when backwards.

Tomorrow night! :D :crack

Rutabaga
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:08:40 AM
Ah...so I wasn't totally seeing things. I was just overthinking things! :mischief

Rutabaga
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:06:17 PM
Ooooooooooo, more nifty casting news! Look who's going to be playing Hiro's dad!!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=fed133ee-2545-4600-8073-0a626192faf0&entry=index

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:11:56 PM
OMG that is awesome! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:52:50 PM
Effing sweetness. :crack

3 hours to go on the west coast. :rollin

Ryan Pode
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:02:41 PM
I am disappointed.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:57:39 PM
I am disappointed.

I am guessing because of the very short fight. Well they took a long time just to get to it. I have to say his entrance and killing the other girl was the best parts. I knew Peter was going to live by using Claire's powers. Hopefully, these is only a tease for the finale where there will be a huge showdown with Sylar and maybe the other villains.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:52:39 AM
I loved it. :D Great episode, can't wait for next weeks, titled "Six Months Ago"

Hiro Hiro Hiro! :crack How about this for a new tagline for the show? Save the waitress... save the world.

Rutabaga
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:03:44 AM
There was typical sweeps advertising for the episode, making it look like there was going to be an apocalyptic fight between Sylar and Claire, there's no doubt about that. I was surprised when the fight was actually only about 5 minutes of the episode, but overall, I still loved the episode, I thought it was great. :thumbup

There was a wee bit o' a lesson about never assuming, or about things not always being what they appear to be. All of Isaac's paintings were of Claire, except for the dead cheerleader, who was Jackie all along. I liked that little twist, I thought that was good.

I also don't think we've seen the true explanation behind "save the cheerleader, save the world," although the advertising for the episode claimed that was what we would see. I think it was a real red herring, mostly because I figured all along that there was no way we would get a resolution to one of the biggest questions for the series less than 2 months along. I mean, if by "saving" Claire last night, Peter has averted the disaster in New York...I just don't think so. There's got to be more to it. He's going to think he's saved the world, but he's going to find out that that was not the end, it was just the beginning. There was no cheerleader to save, really, since Sylar's actual victim was Jackie, not Claire. Unless Jackie was the one who needed to be saved.... See, this is why I'm loving this show, there's so much to think about and discuss :D.

I loved the couple of moments of Peter fixing his broken legs, it was so goofy but oh so good. And I especially liked the moment when Ando told Peter that he was "nothing" without Hiro :).

We also saw for the first time, I believe, that Eden has powers as well. She seems to be the opposite of Peter...instead of absorbing powers and being able to use them, she sucks people's powers out of them so they can't use them. Now she and that other guy have Sylar...what's going to happen with all that? I'm definitely curious!

I'm also looking forward to next week's episode, since we're supposed to see each character's moment when they discovered their powers. And you've gotta love what we last heard in the preview..."My name is Sylar." Ooooo!!! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:33:15 PM
About Eden McCain: She has the power of persuasion. Mr. Bennet made her use her power on Isaac two episodes ago to make him take the heroin and paint the future. She didn't like doing it, and I imagine that's why she didn't use her power on Mohinder to keep him from going to India.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:47:26 PM
I think the disaster is still coming. I think Syler will be used by the main bad guy, possible Linderman. I expect Linderman to be like Lex Luthor or the Kingpin. Not sure what he would gain from blowing up NY. My guess is they will need Claire to defeat Sylar, which is why she had to be saved.

Rutabaga
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:50:37 PM
Does this mean that Eden is a Sith? ;)

Oh wow, check out the wallpapers at the official site!

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/downloads/wallpaper-01.shtml

Rutabaga
Nov 21st, 2006, 09:04:46 PM
*ahem*

Time for an avatar change, at least for a while. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:44:50 AM
:D Very nice avatar. ;)

Rutabaga
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:48:29 PM
Good episode last night, with a definitely generous dose of Sylar, finally. So far the actor playing him is okay...I liked the idea that he was a watchmaker, it makes the fact that he's literally dismantling people kind of neat.

I think I was especially interested in the Nathan/Heidi story to see how Heidi ended up a paraplegic and how Nathan first used his flying power. Heck of a way to find out you can fly, eh?

Now, I'm a little confused about Hiro and his apparent discovery that no matter how hard he tried with Charlie, he couldn't change the past and she was doomed to die anyways. So how does the whole "save the cheerleader, save the world" scene fit in? Depending on how that mantra is interpreted, it could come off as an attempt to change the past. Does this mean that farther along the line Hiro will discover how to change the past, once he learns more about his powers? Or does it mean that he can't personally change the past, but he can influence others to do so? Or is it me overthinking things as usual :D?

Next week's episode looks really promising...I just hope that NBC isn't overselling it like they did with last week's episode. As for which character is going to die, right now I'm wondering if it might be DL, because twice now we've seen Niki/Jessica pull the trigger but haven't seen the aftermath.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:12:32 PM
Good episode last night, with a definitely generous dose of Sylar, finally. So far the actor playing him is okay...I liked the idea that he was a watchmaker, it makes the fact that he's literally dismantling people kind of neat.

I think I was especially interested in the Nathan/Heidi story to see how Heidi ended up a paraplegic and how Nathan first used his flying power. Heck of a way to find out you can fly, eh?

Now, I'm a little confused about Hiro and his apparent discovery that no matter how hard he tried with Charlie, he couldn't change the past and she was doomed to die anyways. So how does the whole "save the cheerleader, save the world" scene fit in? Depending on how that mantra is interpreted, it could come off as an attempt to change the past. Does this mean that farther along the line Hiro will discover how to change the past, once he learns more about his powers? Or does it mean that he can't personally change the past, but he can influence others to do so? Or is it me overthinking things as usual :D?

Next week's episode looks really promising...I just hope that NBC isn't overselling it like they did with last week's episode. As for which character is going to die, right now I'm wondering if it might be DL, because twice now we've seen Niki/Jessica pull the trigger but haven't seen the aftermath.

I enjoyed the episode too. I liked learning more about Sylar, kind of cool how he got his name. I think he had some power maybe a way to take powers from people, how he does that though I don't know. As for the character who will die, my bet right now is Eden or Issac. Issac probably serves little purpose from here out, so he could overdose. The other possibility is Syler will kill Eden while escaping. I think DL is too obvious.

Rutabaga
Dec 1st, 2006, 07:17:25 PM
The new issue of TV Guide spilled the beans on who Christopher Eccleston is playing...it isn't Linderman, it's a character named Claude who's got the power of invisibility, and apparently he's going to become like a mentor to Peter. They also made it fairly clear that Radiation Man is the one responsible for the explosion, maybe, unless maybe it's Peter who has trouble handling Radiation Man's powers after absorbing them. Plus we're going to see Hiro's sword again :).

Rutabaga
Dec 5th, 2006, 06:49:11 AM
So Eden was the one who bit the dust...not totally surprising, I think.

TV Guide had published the left side of the cartoon of Hiro with the sword, but not the right hand side...they did hint that something spectacular was in the other half of the picture. Seeing that it was a dinosaur was great, especially Hiro's reaction to it. Ando's, too :lol.

And so it does appear, if Peter's precognitive vision is correct, that he's the one who blows up New York, presumably after absorbing Radiation Man's powers. Another fine mess for them to get out of.

Loved the promo for the return of the show on January 22nd...guess "Are you on the list?" will replace "Save the cheerleader, save the world," at least for now.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 5th, 2006, 08:02:12 AM
I thought the vision implied Peter being around so many other mutants and absorbing their powers all at once without being able to control them was what caused the explosion.

As for who does and who doesn't die, I'm keeping my eye on the character list on the NBC website's front page. If they're not up there, they will likely be slated for demolition.

Rutabaga
Dec 5th, 2006, 08:11:17 AM
I thought the vision implied Peter being around so many other mutants and absorbing their powers all at once without being able to control them was what caused the explosion.

That's definitely a possibility too. The TV Guide article about Radiation Man's powers being involved could be only part of the story.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2006, 04:08:31 PM
The painting of Hiro and the T-Rex was awesome! Hiro: "I need to find that sword! ^_^;" He has some of the best lines. I love it when Ando and Hiro banter back and forth about destiny, etc.

I was sad to see Eden die, but at least she had the presence of mind to blow her own brains out, so that Sylar couldn't get her power. I wonder if the Haitian had purposely stopped dampening Sylar's powers, or if something else malfunctioned? And Mr. Bennet gets his orders from someone else, which was also an interesting fact.

The Haitian not wiping Claire's memory was great - especially since he got his first lines. Apparently everyone assumes he can't speak at all, at least that's the impression I got after Eden said "If the Haitian could speak..." But Zack doesn't remember Claire anymore. :(

Great episode! Can't wait to see what happens back in NY. Oh one more thing, about Peter's vision: The people he sees in his vision are all supers, except for Mohinder and Simone. Are they perhaps Heroes as well? I don't think Mohinder is, he's our Professor X to Mr. Bennet's Magneto, but Simone might be. Time will tell!

Pierce Tondry
Dec 5th, 2006, 05:13:45 PM
The painting of Hiro and the T-Rex was awesome! Hiro: "I need to find that sword! ^_^;" He has some of the best lines. I love it when Ando and Hiro banter back and forth about destiny, etc.

That... was awesome.

"What if I step on a bug?"

I was sad to see Eden die, but at least she had the presence of mind to blow her own brains out, so that Sylar couldn't get her power. I wonder if the Haitian had purposely stopped dampening Sylar's powers, or if something else malfunctioned? And Mr. Bennet gets his orders from someone else, which was also an interesting fact.

I think Linderman is Bennet's boss. Not 100% sure on that but I'm positive there was a phone conversation where Mr. Bennet said "Yes Mr Linderman" and that's where I get that from.

Also, the Haitian wasn't there at the time. He was at Claire's house.

Great episode! Can't wait to see what happens back in NY. Oh one more thing, about Peter's vision: The people he sees in his vision are all supers, except for Mohinder and Simone. Are they perhaps Heroes as well? I don't think Mohinder is, he's our Professor X to Mr. Bennet's Magneto, but Simone might be. Time will tell!

I actually think the reverse: Simone is the "normy" in the cadre of mutants and Mohinder has some kind of hidden ability. Given that we know Mohinder's sister had some mutations to her, it's not too far-fetched to think Mohinder has an unrevealed power.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2006, 05:50:54 PM
I really liked the episode it was great I had a feeling it was going to be Eden. Will Sylar now escape? Hiro had some great lines as always and I thought Mr Bennett descended in some really awful stuff, the fact he is had his family's mind wiped numerous times is disturbing. I do too think Linderman is his boss. I think he will become like the Lex Luthor or Kingpin of this show. As for Peter's vision, I am not sure if it is the future. Why would Peter have a vision of the future, when it isn't his power. It could be his own issues with his powers and that he is taking too many in at once. I still think Sylar will be the one who will try to blow up NYC.
Also it sucks in Janurary NBC is keeping Heroes against 24. I guess I will be watching 24 and taping Heroes. Unless I get a TIVO for Christmas heh.

Rutabaga
Dec 5th, 2006, 08:02:56 PM
One other thing I love about this show, besides the great stories and the interesting characters, is the art direction and cinematography. (Technically, I guess that's 2 things I love about it :D.) The imagery is always so interesting...and last night's episode had another one of those awesome images, the one where the painting Isaac had done of Hiro and Ando morphed into the actual live action scene that the painting was based on. That was really, really neat :thumbup.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2006, 05:07:09 PM
Peter has already had pre-cog dreams (flying), and dreams where he has seen the present (Nathan's car accident and the death of Simone's father). Neither occured exactly as he dreamt it, but he got the gist of it right. I don't think that we should assume any differently in this case.

Concerning his sickness in the last episode, supposedly he is going into a coma from having absorbed too many powers at once/in close succession. Maybe when he learns how to control his power more he'll be able to avoid this in the future? In just a 24 hour period Peter comes in contact with Sylar (who already has a buttload of powers), Claire, Matt, Nathan, and the Hatian (sort of? Maybe not this one).

My favorite scenes of the last episode were Claire and Peter talking (:love) and Peter being interrogated by Matt and Audrey. PSYCHIC FEEDBACK LOOP AAAHHHH!!! FTW.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 7th, 2006, 09:38:52 PM
This was the episode I was waiting for, in the sense "is it worth it to keep watching this show?" The answer turned out to be yes. They finally did something with all of the plot build up, and I'm pleased.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 7th, 2006, 11:53:54 PM
The episodes are up online, from the beginning, at NBC's website. Here's a link:

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes.shtml?show=heroes01

You know, I have to say, seeing everything from the beginning it's a good thing Claire has uber rejuvenation because she's amazingly accident prone.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 8th, 2006, 12:20:54 AM
Yes, they had to make it super obvious what her powers are. ;) In case you forgot... here's Claire falling and breaking her neck. Again.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:45:27 PM
I've just finished watching the 2nd episode of this and am finding myself very intrigued so far. I'm liking the fact that it's not totally clear (yet) exactly who has what powers. Hopefully I'll be all caught up with the rest of you soon :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2007, 03:01:33 PM
Well, I am all up to date now. What a show! Such a shame that we have to wait to see more :(

Rutabaga
Jan 1st, 2007, 03:06:12 PM
One nice thing about watching the Rose Parade on NBC was seeing the extended promo for the return of Heroes on 1/22/07....

Are you on the list? :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2007, 01:26:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkwnUPlvo4E was it this promo? Or is there a longer one?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z67KNoixrgY never mind, I found the extended one. Very cool!

Rutabaga
Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:06:45 PM
Yup, the second one was it :).

Hiro and his sword, wahoo! :crack