PDA

View Full Version : Everlasting Impressions

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:39:30 PM
:: Brigid walked out onto the mat with a bokken (wooden training sword) and warmed up while she waited on Michele. Fiona was at a meeting with the Kindred, and was thankful she didn't have to attend. Vampire Politics were never her strong suit ::

"Alright kiddo, show me what you got." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:43:18 PM
I twirl the wooden sword in my hand and roll my eyes. "Okay. I know I'm like a millisecond old to you, but must I always be Kiddo with you?"

Since day one, that was her nickname for me. I think she actually called me Michele once when serious talking was going on. Now just to be clear, I'm not mad at all. Mostly just playful and slightly annoyed when I ask her.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:48:07 PM
:: She gave a crooked grin, then straightened up and bowed ::

"You ready, Michele?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:52:37 PM
I give her a lopsided grin and bow. "Yes, Brigid." And then fall into a defensive position. I've never fought her before and my only memory is when I saw her take out that Black Spiral Dancer when I was kid so, needless to say, I'm waiting to be tossed around like a sack of potatoes.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:00:23 PM
:: Brigid went after her then, dancing around her a bit before giving her a good whack across the tush. Hopefully that would inspire some offense out of her ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:02:33 PM
I rub my rear and throw Brigid a disgruntled look. "Okay! What the hell? Is there something wrong with being defensive at first or what? Geesh ... Just as bad as Fiona."

Well, duh. Fiona was her teacher too. But still!

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:12:11 PM
:: Brigid leapt forward, clacking their bokkens together. It wasn't long before it happened again. Another whack on the hiney ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:14:40 PM
Okay, maybe asking Brigid to teach me a few things wasn't such a great idea. All she seems to be wanting to do is make a fool outta me.

"Look, if you didn't want to help me train, you shoulda just said so." I'm not mad, just stating things how I see it. See? I'm getting better again then just flying off the handle.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:20:55 PM
:: Brigid scoffed ::

"Oh, so you get your feelings hurt and walk away?"

:: She blocked Michele's path to the door and pointed at her with the bokken ::

"That's not the way it works out there, kiddo."

:: She smiled ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:23:23 PM
"This has nothing to do with feelings getting hurt." I shove the bokken aside with my own. "Just conflicting ways of doing things and I can find a better use for my time."

Okay. I kinda feel weird being this ... calm. What the hell happened to the real Michele Hawkins. I think we need a A.P.B.

"And I know a lot about what goes on out there already. I've had two Immortals wanting to get their jollies on me before I was even called." I smile sweetly. "So please don't act like I'm oblivious to how things work."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:31:28 PM
:: Brigid brought her bokken into a horizontal stroke towards Michele's left hip ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:35:28 PM
I block the attack easily enough with my own bokken and narrow my eyes as we're still locked up. Okay, this I can handle but I swear if she whacks me again, I'm gone.

I push against her weapon and loop around for a diagonal attack towards her midsection.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:40:46 PM
:: Brigid's eyes twinkled when Michele's narrowed, and she stepped back to parry ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:42:49 PM
I step back to give me enough distance to engage her further. Mostly my attacks are just trying gauge her defenses and looking for weak points. Hah. Like that's gonna be easy to do but I have to try.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:55:52 PM
:: The pace gradually sped up, with Brigid pushing Michele to the limit, but also encouraging more of an offense from the younger Immortal ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:59:21 PM
I don't think I've had a sparring session last this long with Fiona. Brigid was determined to make me work hard and for that I was appreciative. I can almost forgive the butt whacking.

Almost.

Our bokkens smacked together overhead as she blocks my attack, but I decide to up the ante a bit and try and shove her down to the ground with a boot in the gut.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:05:35 PM
:: Brigid goes down, not expecting Michele to sneak in a kick ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:07:30 PM
I come down as quick as I can and press the edge of the bokken stick against her throat and grin. "You really shouldn't have whacked me."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:13:59 PM
:: Brigid cleared her throat and grinned back ::

"I knew there was a reason I like you."

:: She loosened the grip on her bokken in submission ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:18:48 PM
I remove the bokken from her neck, flipping it back so it rests against the back of my arm as I offer a hand to help Brigid up. "You should ask Fiona how surprised she was when I punched her in the face for the first time."

I have to laugh. I remember feeling so bad about doing that too but then of course common sense kicked in knowing she'd be fine.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:27:42 PM
:: Brigid laughed as Michele helped her up ::

"I can just imagine." :lol

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:30:46 PM
My laughter dies down into a small little chuckle. "I've been meaning to ask if you don't mind? But how did you meet Fiona?"

I hope I'm not prying but the only way to gain awareness of myself is to learn through other Immortals and understand their experiences. Much more preferable then going through a Quickening. Less painful too.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:41:36 PM
"Fiona found me in the Wicklow mountains ... "

:: she paused to pick up her bokken and put it away ::

"... that was after I died in a Viking raid."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:44:03 PM
Well, that was good. At least Brigid didn't have to run around lost like Fiona did for a long time. And a Viking raid? Girl has some years on her.

"Okay, forgive my ignorance but where are the Wicklow Mountains?" That wasn't covered in geography.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:49:49 PM
"Ireland." she replied, heading towards the kitchen for a cold one.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:52:42 PM
I slap my forehead, feeling like an idiot. "Oooh." Duh. No wonder she likes Guinness so much. Course, I couldn't just assume ya know?

I place the bokken back against the wall and follow her out into the kitchen as well. "Were you guys together for a long time?"

I mean seriously. How long does a teacher and student have before wanting to go their separate ways, especially the student. Eventually, at least I would think, they would want to explore the world on their own.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 07:29:42 AM
:: She opened up a Guinness and leaned against the cabinet ::

"About 3 years, before I took my first head."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 07:34:18 AM
My eyes bugged out. "Three years?"

Took me a month before I killed my first Immortal. Course, I was really lucky Balan was an idiot.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 07:40:35 AM
:: Brigid shrugged in response and sipped her beer ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 07:42:10 AM
"Sorry." I blush. "Thought you guys woulda traveled together longer."

Which is true. I was surprised by that and I hop onto the counter. "What didja you guys do during that time besides training and stuff?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 07:52:44 AM
"She taught me latin, and how to read and write."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 07:55:37 AM
My open ended questions seemed to become closed ended. I guess Brigid doesn't like talking too much, which is cool. Not everyone is open about their lives, even Immortals. Hell, including Fiona. I still haven't gotten through a quarter of her journals and none of them mentioned Brigid so topic starters aren't coming easy.

"Well, that's just as important as keeping your head." I flash a smile and then sneak into the fridge for a diet coke.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:12:43 AM
"We've had our ups and downs, but she's like a Sister to me." she smiled.

"A crazy big Sister." :D

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:14:30 AM
I crack open my soda and laugh. "Sounds familiar."

Then I start giggling more. "Sounds very familair."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:17:18 AM
"Sounds like you got a story for me, Kiddo."

:: She took a seat to make herself more comfortable ::

"Spill it."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:21:49 AM
I clear my throat to calm myself and take a seat at the kitchen table as well. "It involved a car, trashcan and a Vamp. Little did I know at the time they existed. His name was Miklos, and he charmed me."

My cheeks blush again. I still feel dumb about this but I wasn't called yet as an Immortal so my mental defenses were non existent. "He was taking me to his car when Fiona showed up like she was some Vampire Slayer and started kicking him around. Didn't really work and I was even bitching at her. That was when she took a trashcan and rammed it into his car window, breaking it and sending all the trash inside his expensive toy. I thought she was a tad looney even after his spell wore off."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:28:29 AM
"Damn I wish I could have been there!!!" she laughed.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:29:45 AM
"I don't," I lean forward over my soda and mumble. "One of the most embarassing moments of my life. Tho, I'm sure there'll be more."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:41:33 AM
"I remember back after we found you, that girl went on a rampage. We dusted at least a dozen vamps before things settled down around here."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:13:25 PM
This was interesting. I really don't know much about what happened after Fiona and Brigid saved me. When the rush of memories came back that night, I'd put her journal away until the time I was ready to read more.

"Was it because of my mother dying or because you guys realized I was like you?" Or it could be something else.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:24:07 PM
"It was alot of things." she replied. "The Sabbat, the Black Spirals, Prince Lodin and his damn bloodhunt. The city was boiling over and something had to be done."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:27:21 PM
"She really does a lot of things to help protect this city." I look up with a soft smile. "Doesn't she?"

My mind began to wander and then a question dawned on me. "But why here? Why Chicago?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:42:02 PM
"She's always been fond of this city. I can't blame her. It's got alot of style."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:44:22 PM
Her kinda town eh?

"Okay." I lean over the table like we're about to tell the deepest darkest stories of our lives. Cept, this is all about Fiona. "You've got to have more stories then me of Fiona. Your turn."

I flash a grin. I bet this is gonna be good.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:52:33 PM
:: A sly grin spread across her face as she gazed up at the ceiling in thought ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:59:00 PM
I crack up. "Oh no!!! I bet there are too many to pick from!!!" :lol

This is will be VERY good!!! Blackmail material, here I come!

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:04:52 PM
"There was this one Christmas, 1966. We were in this little pub down under. Fiona got so drunk that she stood up on a table and sang Gilbert & Sullivan without a stitch."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:07:17 PM
So my darling Fiona has been doing the stripping karaoke for quite some time now eh?

"I've seen her that drunk, tho not in public." I can't help laughing again. "I can picture it perfectly!" :lol

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:15:43 PM
:: Brigid chuckled ::

"The girl got everyone singing along too."

:: Just then, they felt the presence of another Immortal ... ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:18:52 PM
:: ... and Fiona stepped in. Entering the kitchen, she looked at the pair of them warily ::

"What? What's so funny?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:20:12 PM
"You!" I giggle out. "You and strip singing for strangers!" :D

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:26:35 PM
:: Fiona cried out ::

"OHHHHHHHHH!!!"

:: She gazed at Brigid with puffed cheeks, then back to Michele ::

"Have you nothing better to do???"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:28:42 PM
"What?" I blink innocently. "We practiced with the bokken too. This is just break time."

I glance over at Brigid with a grin. "Right?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:37:15 PM
:: Brigid gave a crooked grin back, then winked at Fiona as she stood up ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:39:51 PM
:: Fiona's eyes widened. She knew the look ::

"Oh no!!! I'm not going to do it!!! You can't make me!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 02:43:54 PM
My amusement faded and replaced with confusion as I looked between the two of them. "Do what?"

Brigid obviously was gonna make Fiona do whatever it was. The way my girlfriend was sounding, I'm pretty sure my fellow student was good at twisting Fiona's arm into doing embarrassing things. This is gonna be good!

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 05:38:37 PM
"She owes me, and I want a song."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 05:40:45 PM
:: Fiona looked horrified at the smirk on Brigid's lips ::

"I beg you, anything but that."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 05:43:53 PM
"Owes you?" I look between them with an amused smile. "Let me guess... Did Fiona loose a bet or something?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 05:55:47 PM
:: Brigid started to answer, which is when Fiona made a dash for the bedroom ::

"Get Her!!!"

:: She was off in hot pursuit ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 05:58:59 PM
:: Fiona was tackled just as she cleared the threshold, and her screams filled the air as she was tickled into submission ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:04:30 PM
I enjoy this immensely and laugh. Just like when Brigid said there was a reason she liked me, there was definitely a reason I liked her.

"Okay, now you're caught and have to pay the price." I remember the first time I made Fiona submit during a tickle torture. It didn't have a comedic connotation but it was very pleasurable in the end for the both of us. This time however, as I watched Brigid pull Fiona to her feet, Brigid and I will get the esteemed pleasure of watching my girlfriend make a fool of herself.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:10:09 PM
:: Brigid pushed Fiona towards the walk-in wardrobe ::

"I know you've still got it, so go get it."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:12:12 PM
"Oh Please!!! Don't Make Me!!!" she cried, and looked pleadingly to Michele for intervention.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:14:55 PM
I look at her all wide-eyed and innocent as bounce onto the bed. "Don't look at me! Big Sis will probably beat me into a new lifetime if I interfere."

Heheheheheheheheheheheehehe ....

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:27:28 PM
:: Brigid sat on the bed as Fiona disappeared in the wardrobe with a pout ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:32:46 PM
:: Several minutes later, Fiona emerged, clad in a sheer white leotard, red thong and go go boots, and a chainmail halter top ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:37:15 PM
"Oh ... my ... god." Words cannot describe what the hell I was seeing walk outta that closet. I tried to contain my laughter but it ended up as snorts until I just let it all out.

"OH MY GOD THAT IS AWESOME!!!" :lol :lol :lol

I grab onto Brigid's shoulder as I'm just wailing into it as tears fall. She's my new hero!

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:42:36 PM
:: Brigid kept Fiona from fleeing and waited for Michele to settle down ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:46:08 PM
:: Fiona took a deep breath as Brigid turned the stereo on, and grooved to the music as it started. Then she sang ::

"It's a wonder
Wonder Woman
You're so wild and wonderful
'Cause it seems whenever
we're together
the planets all stand still

Barbarella Psychedella
there's a kind of cockle shell about you
Barbarella Bar Barbarella
Dazzle me with rainbow color
Fade away the duller shade of living
Get me up high
Teach me to fly
Electrify
A night with starry light
above the stratosphere
Bring your dearness near
Till the dawn comes tumbling down
Don't make a sound
Every word we need comes from the sky
Can't you read my mind
Say in love
Don't you give me a cold shoulder
Still I'm dying, girl, to hold you
And make love
Love

Barbarella Psychedella
never can a fella name
or claim you
Barbarella Bar Barbarella!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:48:09 PM
I try to keep the straightest face I can so Fiona can finish but as soon as she's done, my funny bone is tickling again and I start up laughing. And this time, I laugh so hard I fall off the bed.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:51:01 PM
:: Brigid grooved along with the performance where she sat, relishing every moment of it, then winced as Michele hit the floor with a thud ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:55:51 PM
:: Fiona's cheeks cheeks glowed brightly, and she forced herself to growl so Michele's mirth wouldn't infect her ::

"Oh you just wait, Michele Hawkins!!!"

:: She narrowed her eyes at Brigid ::

"And You!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2006, 06:57:35 PM
:lol :lol :lol

"Oh please!" I climb back onto the bed rubbing my head, all the while trying to catch my breath. "Last time you tried to lecture me I had you in stitches."

I stick my tongue out. "Idle threats, Ms. Devlin."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 07:56:08 AM
:: Brigid grabbed Michele's hand ::

"Don't push your luck, kiddo. Fionarella is a five-star, double-rated, astro-navigatrix earth girl."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 07:56:40 AM
:: Fiona groaned and stamped her feet in frustration ::

"Alright!!! Can I please go now?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 09:51:59 AM
"I don't know." I grew a serious face as I addressed Brigid. "Maybe we can have her dress up as something else? She does have a lot of clothes in there."

I'm evil.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 10:15:52 AM
:: Fiona's eyes widened in disbelief ::

"What do you think I am???"

:: She began stripping out of her Barbarella outfit ::

"I am not your Barbie Doll!"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 10:18:26 AM
"Oh yes you are." :mneh

::Brigid flashed a devlish look and pushed her naked friend back into the wardrobe ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 10:20:36 AM
I'm so glad Brigid is on my side heh. This should be good! I lay down on the bed expectantly as I hear their muffled arguments, teasings and rummagings.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:29:51 PM
:: After several minutes of fussing and squeaking, (from Fiona) Brigid presented the next fashion to Michele with a flourish and a smirk ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:29:57 PM
:: Fiona emerged wearing a gorgeous late nineteenth century tea gown made of silk, brocaded satin, and valenciennes lace. The look on her face was reminiscent of an unhappy cat at a cat show ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:39:41 PM
I'm not laughing this time. It's quite the opposite really. My face lit up as to how beautiful the gown was, eventho Fiona looked like a sore loser. Heh. But wow!

"You look amazing Fiona." I'm completely serious as I still look her over with awe.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:44:33 PM
:: Fiona's face softened as she smiled ::

"Thank you."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:47:55 PM
That's what I was hoping for. I mean, I was rather mean to her with the Barbarella get up but how could anyone not laugh at that??? I owed her a serious moment, but it wasn't forced.

I get up and take her by the hands and spin her around once as if we're dancing. "I can't believe it. It looks brand new."

Course I knew better. It had to be close to a century old.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:56:05 PM
:: Brigid leaned on the dresser, in stark contrast to Fiona in her leather jeans and tank top. She smiled as the two lovers shared a moment of affection ::

"Ready for the next fashion?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:56:12 PM
:: Fiona's jaw dropped ::

"Oh no, this time you're going with me!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:58:16 PM
I laugh as I turn to look at Brigid. "You knew it was only a matter of time before she'd make you get dressed up. Think about it this way, you two can cover more eras together."

I grin.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:15:17 PM
:: Brigid looked betrayed as she tried to speak, but she smiled when Fiona whispered something into her ear ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:15:37 PM
:: The two older immortals disappeared into the wardrobe again ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:17:00 PM
"Okay ..." I sit down at the edge of the bed wondering what's going on. "... are you two plotting against me or something?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:35:47 PM
:: After a long silence with a few soft giggles, Fiona and Brigid emerged wearing frilled flapper dresses from the 1920's. Complete with bob style wigs and eye shadow, the pair looked like Louise Brooks and Clara Bow as they vogued it up for Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:38:56 PM
"Oh my god!" I've gone from every extreme here today. From laughter, to admiration and now silence. I didn't think it was possible for Brigid to not wear leather. I mean, that's all I've seen her in, even with my childhood memories.

The two of them make quite the pair in their 20's get up tho!

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:44:26 PM
:: Brigid burst into a chuckle as Fiona put a CD on, then took a deep breath to get her focus. Then the music hit and the two danced the Charleston in absolute perfection ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:51:28 PM
Okay, I might not have a huge reservoir of knowledge when it comes to the 20's but when the first few notes came off that CD, I knew it had to be the Charleston. I've never seen the dance before until now and needless to say, the two of them kept my attention all the way through the number. It was really cool seeing Brigid in a different light. Hell, it was nice seeing them both in a different light!

It also makes me feel so young. I forget sometimes just how old Fiona is since we're both the same age physically but after this little fashion show, I remember that I've hardly had that much history in my life when compared to the two of them. I'm envious they got to live through so much wonderful culture. I hope I'm lucky enough to keep my head so I can do the same.

When they're done, I applaud appreciatively. "Bravo Ms. Devlin and Cassidy." I giggle. "You guys are awesome. Thank you."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:07:15 PM
:: Fiona grinned widely as she bowed, then looked at Brigid as the next song started ::

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:07:21 PM
:: Brigid looked back and winked ::

"Let's do it."

:: Their next routine was a Lindy hop, and they were back and forth in circles all over the bedroom ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:11:15 PM
I don't know what tickled me the most; the fact that they were still dancing or that they weren't tripping over everything in the bedroom.

"I can't believe you two!" I laugh out of envy. "I would fall flat on my face if I tried to dance. Oh wait, no. Did try. Fell on my face already." :lol

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:21:45 PM
"We'll have to remedy that, macushla." :D

:: Her face was full of pixie delight ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:23:44 PM
Oh no. Oh HELL no! I hold my hands out as if warding away the devil. "You aren't gonna make me dance. Ain't happening. No way. Get those insane thoughts outta your head this instant."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:45:27 PM
:: Brigid laughed as she turned off the CD and sat on the bed beside Michele ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:45:32 PM
:: Fiona pouted teasingly ::

"Oh, don't be such a scare baby!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:48:45 PM
"No way!" I shoo her away as I get up to remove myself from the premises. "I hate dancing. Not changing my mind."

My body doesn't know how to be coordinated. I'm thankful my fingers were able to figure out how to move gracefully but I contribute that to being trained at an early age. I trip over my feet otherwise. It's a wonder I can learn how to fight with a sword really.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:00:39 AM
"I'm sorry."

:: Fiona beat her to the door and batted her eyelashes ::

"Don't leave me."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:05:24 AM
I chuckle. "I'm not mad ya dork. You know me and dancing just don't go together very well."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:17:20 AM
"That's alright, I still love you."

:: She kissed Michele on the nose ::

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:17:36 AM
:: Brigid rolled her eyes as she took off her her wig ::

"Okay, kissie missies. I'd say get a room, but I'll just wait outside." :mneh

:: She grabbed her street clothes and wiggled past them ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:20:38 AM
"Awww ..." I pout. "I didn't want you to go. We were having fun. Well, mainly me having fun watching you two make absolute fools of yourselves for my enjoyment. But I loved it."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:08:06 AM
"Well I have to admit it was fun, after I got my favorite dance partner to join me." :D

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:11:29 AM
I raise a brow. "Favorite huh? Hmm."

I take a glance over at Brigid who was in the middle of changing. "I might have to learn how to dance after all."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:20:59 AM
:: Brigid finishes dressing and gives a stretch ::

"I guess I should hit the road again, huh?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:24:35 AM
"What?" I frown in surprise, mostly because I'm surprised at myself. I grew kinda fond of Brigid. It was nice having another friend that understood what you're going through. Ya know? "You're leaving? Do you have to? I like having you here."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:33:31 AM
"Yes, you are welcome to stay here, Brigid. You can have one of the suites if you like. You're family after all."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:33:35 AM
"Really?"

:: Brigid blinked in thought. It didn't take her long to warm up to the idea ::

"Thanks."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:38:57 AM
My hands clap together in glee. "Awesome!"

I haven't had a real family in such a long time so knowing that Brigid was gonna stay totally made my day. Who woulda thought I had to die to get one, eh? Heh.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:04:54 AM
:: Fiona beckoned her old friend to follow and she unlocked unit 10. The penthouse overlooking Bryn Mawr was still unfurnished, but she would remedy that soon enough ::

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:10:39 AM
:: Brigid looked like a child on christmas morning, eyes wide as she surveyed the open space. She looked from Fiona to Michele, trying to find the words ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:12:53 AM
I smile before pouncing on Brigid. First time she couldn't find anything to say. Historic moment! I throw Fiona a wink. "I could be wrong, but I think she likes it."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:31:33 AM
:: Fiona laughed at the sight of them together ::

"We can start getting stuff in here this weekend, but you can stay with us for now."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:31:38 AM
:: Brigid smiled awkwardly at the pounce hug, but didn't resist and hugged Michele back ::

"Love you too, kiddo."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:08:15 AM
Two Days Later
Saturday Afternoon -

:: Fiona and Brigid faced off against eachother in the dojo room. Both dressed in loose black pants and short sleeved gi's, and began their workout with double escrima sticks ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:16:09 AM
It was a pleasant afternoon with the kinda weather that a nice pair of sweats would be able to keep ya warm. So I decided to go out for a run to rest my brain from studying. Figure it'd work up an appetite too since it's close to lunchtime.

I run my three miles and Godsmack, Lacuna Coil, Disturbed and the Gathering are my company so I don't go stir crazy. I'm not sure how some people can do it. Ya know, work out without music. The point is to relax to some degree and I really don't want my mind wandering into a fit of frenzy about school. Nor do I really think Chicago traffic is 'musical'. Course, the occasional driver yelling obscenities out the window is comical.

It's about 1 pm when I make it back to the condo. I throw my keys on the kitchen counter and raid the fridge for some Gatorade and by the sounds of it, Brigid and Fiona were still going at it in the dojo.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:33:24 AM
:: The stacatto clacking of rattan formed it's own distinctive beat as Michele entered the room. Brigid and Fiona were in the midst of an intricate sinawali (stick form) ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:36:17 AM
As I'm gulping down my not so tasty beverage, but hey need the goodness inside of it, my brows raise over the rim in curiosity. So that's what those sticks on the wall were for!

I wipe my mouth clean and take a seat with a goofy smile on my face. "Just make sure not to whack your hands. I bet that would hurt."

Then I realize I probably shouldn't have said that. Knowing my luck they'll end up whacking me...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:49:54 AM
:: The pace sped up instead of slowing, and the escrima sticks became a blur of motion to Michele as the two immortals seemed to dance ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:53:21 AM
I shake my head in awe and set down my bottle. My eyes can't even keep up with what's going on. Again, it's beautiful to watch them fight ... It's better then studying too ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2006, 11:04:32 AM
:: Five minutes later, they finished their form, and Fiona walked over to sit with Michele while Brigid moved to the heavy bag ::

"You have a good run?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2006, 11:06:56 AM
I smile as my girlfriend sits by me. Ah, Fiona time. "Yeah. I think Spring might actually be around the corner for real this time."

I give her a peck on the cheek. "How was ..." I wave my hand at the now empty mat. "... whatever it was you two were doing."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:01:55 AM
"Escrima." she replied. "It developed in the Phillipines. In 1521, the tribes of Mactan used it to defeat the Spanish Conquistadors."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:07:48 AM
"Heh. I can imagine sword wielding Conquistadors trying to parry that and getting schooled." Always know thy enemy, or get your butt kicked. Or get a gun, but thankfully they didn't have those back then.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:10:52 AM
:: She passed one of the sticks to Michele for her to see. It was very light, like bamboo, but solid ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:15:29 AM
"Hmm." I flick my wrist back and forth to get a feel for its weight and then give it a little twirl. I dunno, feels really awkward in my hand but that's expected. But it's also really light. I bet it hurts like a bitch it you'd get thwaped with it.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:18:27 AM
:: Fiona stood up and smiled ::

"Let me teach you."

:: She noted the concern in Michele's eyes ::

"Don't worry, we're going to start slow."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:24:12 AM
Welcome boys and girls to comedy hour. Here we'll have Michele Hawkins falling on her butt, keeping stung by multiple hits of the stick (by her own hand no less, and watch as butterfingers constantly drops them! Yay!!!

I pout. "Do I really have to?"

Some things haven't changed. I'm still freaked about the martial arts stuff. Not sure why because it will help me a lot when I have to fight. I guess I'm just better fighting with the sword for some reason.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:36:34 AM
"No, you don't have to." Fiona assured her, giving her hand a squeeze. "It's just good to learn as many different styles as you can. When you feel you're ready to, just let me know."

:: She looked over at Brigid, watching her attack the heavy bag with Muay Thai techniques ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:34:16 PM
"I know and agree but shouldn't we work on my lack of balance first? Me without a sword makes me clumsy for some reason." I look up at Fiona in all seriousness with a small shrug. "Otherwise what's the point of learning this other stuff."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:35:38 AM
"Right." she nodded. "Let's work on that."

:: A moment later, Michele was on a gymnastic balance beam three feet off the ground ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:45:25 AM
So now I'm three feet in the air on a beam that can barely hold my two feet put together. This is gonna suck and I look over at Fiona with much the same face as before when she mentioned working with the sticks.

"Maybe ... this isn't such a hot idea after all..."

I have this wonderful picture of of me dive bombing against the beam and faceplanting on the floor.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:02:43 AM
:: Fiona hopped up on the beam to join her ::

"Don't focus on the height, focus on your balance."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:06:08 AM
When she jumped up, I almost dove down to hug the beam for comfort. The sudden movement did start the arms a flailing and I teetered back and forth till eventually .... I fell. Bah.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:23:47 AM
:: Fiona crouched down cat-like on the beam and held out her hand to Michele ::

"Let's try again."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:26:20 AM
I take a deep breath and reluctantly take her hand. She helps me back up onto the beam and sit with either leg dangling off to the sides. "Okay now what?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:29:45 AM
:: She stood up with a smile, and let Michele hold onto her for support ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:34:54 AM
Oh. Okay. Well, this I could deal with. "You're gonna let me go eventually." I have this probing smile when I ask. "Aren'tcha?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:33:57 AM
:: She kept her hands on Michele's hips to keep her steady ::

"That is the whole point of this."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:36:30 AM
I finally right myself on the beam but only after Fiona's help and me grabbing onto her shoulders. "There has to be an easier way ..."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:39:47 AM
:: Fiona walked backwards on the beam, letting Michele take babyteps across it. They did this several times as Brigid settled down to meditate ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:43:34 AM
I wobble but not as bad as before since I'm using my arms this time. I try not to look down since I think that's what was making me so stupidly inept before, and surprise surprise; I actually made it to Fiona who was waiting for me at the end of the beam.

"This proves nothing," I say with a tint of red appearing on my cheeks.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:18:40 AM
"You're such a brat." Fiona laughed.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:20:12 AM
"Yeah, but you love me." I flash a grin before I try and turn around, successfully too. Flailing arms and all, but I didn't fall off the damn thing.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:49:34 AM
:: Fiona stretched, bending over backwards into a handstand before dismounting the balance beam. Then she looked up at Michele ::

"Okay, now you try."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:03:25 AM
I point and laugh at her as if she were insane. "You must be joking."

There was this dead silence and Fiona was looking at me all serious and not saying a word. Sigh.

"If I crack my head open, it's your fault." Course if I did die hypothetically, not like it would matter.

I set my jaw and look down at the beam since I need to this time. Not going to just close my eyes and hope for the best. Least I wasn't wobbly like before and I take a deep breath. She better catch me if I fall ... Eh no. I know she will. Bah, just do it already Michele. You're an Immortal. Quit being such a scared little girl. You can heal insanely fast and you’re a lot more stronger since taking your first head. You’re not some fragile girl anymore. Stop acting stupid!

And just like that, I bend over and do it!!! Cept ... my arms don't know what to do with all this weight above me and no where to go to find more support... I can feel myself starting to lean over and all I can think of is man ... this is gonna hurt like a bitch ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:10:44 AM
:: Fiona did catch her, guiding her onto her feet again as she left the beam ::

"That was good for a first attempt." she squeaked, an incredulous look on her face.

"I was only kidding, luv. But that was very good!" :D

Michele Hawkins
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:13:07 AM
My heart is racing and my cheeks are burning red. The adrenaline of almost getting hurt badly is making me shake. "YOU WERE KIDDING???"

Fiona Devlin
Oct 7th, 2006, 08:45:52 AM
"You can punish me for it later."

:: she motioned to the beam again ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 7th, 2006, 08:54:49 AM
I growl, playfully tho, as I hop back onto the beam. Oh she's gonna get punished later all right ...

"What did you want me to do now?" I mumble, hoping that being upside down again isn't part of the agenda.

Fiona Devlin
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:11:32 AM
"Just practice walking, back and forth until you can do it naturally." she smiled.

Michele Hawkins
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:17:10 AM
"Oh." Well that's not too bad. That's what we were doing before basically anyway.

My first few, okay quite a few bordering on lots, runs were me and my arms teetering back and forth as I try not to fall. And I didn't! So yay for me. Each pass did get easier tho and my arms slowly started to come down towards my sides until I could just walk naturally. Ya know, like strolling down the street? The only thing that sucked about this was how repetitive it was. It was really boring and eventually I couldn't help but yawn at the boredom of it all.

Fiona Devlin
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:23:54 AM
:: Fiona handed Michele her sword ::

"Now comes the fun part."

Michele Hawkins
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:28:12 AM
I KNEW IT!!! I didn't mention it until now because I had figured that Fiona wouldn't be so mean as to give me my sword to practice up here with. Silly me for thinking that, huh? The woman has never heard of baby steps. I mean, she taught me that I could breath under water by dragging me to the bottom of a pool!

So, I take the sword and whimsically look down at the ground knowing that we were gonna get acquainted soon enough.

Fiona Devlin
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:51:08 AM
"I know that look. Don't give me that look. Just practice. I have to go meet someone at the shop."

Michele Hawkins
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:55:00 AM
"Fiiiiine." I salute her with my weapon and start practicing one of the katas Fiona's taught me. Yeaaaaaaah. I'm sucking. Flail left, then right, fall. Jump back up. Repeat. Bleh. I can barely make it two steps on the damn beam.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:34:28 AM
:: Brigid stretched as Fiona left, then sat to watch Michele on the balance beam ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:40:17 AM
I wobble as I bring my sword back around to my front horizontally. My arms whirl around in a vain attempt to keep me on the beam but I fall anyway.

My face puckers in frustration as I lean over the damn thing. That's when I notice Brigid was quite done with her meditations and I snort a little, mainly because I'm laughing at myself at how silly I must look. "Having fun watching the show?"

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:46:25 AM
"Nah. I say we ditch for awhile. Plenty of time to do that later."

Michele Hawkins
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:56:36 AM
I look at the sword and the balance beam and then focus my attention solely on Brigid as the biggest smile of relief spreads across my lips. "You are truly my new best friend."