PDA

View Full Version : russian garou discussion

Sonya Tvarivich
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:53:54 AM
Ok, I know that Alexei and I discussed this some time ago, but I want to hash this out again for all who might be interested.

The Russian situation here differs...greatly... from that of canon oWoD. In canon the queen is a Tvarivich and is relatively young and a strong leader. Here the queen is a Tvarivich but she is old and not a strong leader. I understand that a werewolf has a 'normal' life span, but correct me if I am wrong.

In canon Clan Crescent Moon still controls much of Russia, but here the Sabbat has strong footholds in many of the cities of Russia. After the Revolution that ousted the Czars from power, we have established that the Lasombra Niccoli Cento had a part in the civillian uprising and took the title Cardinal of Russia for himself. He kept the title by forming a secretive pact with the Queen of the Silver Fangs. The Garou keep out of the cities that the Sabbat holds (the largest and best of course) and the vampires would of course stay away from the werewolves and the forests. No vampire would willingly confront a werewolf anyway so their part is easy to keep.

However, then the Queen would have to be about 100 years old in the present time. So, she is VERY old currently. Alexei, her son, is only about 25ish, but I don't think that should be a problem. She just had him late in life. Er, very late in life?

There are a few other options. The Queen that Niccoli made a pact with could be the mother of the current queen. For reasons of honor she keeps the pact that her mother made, as long as it is not broken by the Kindred. Or the Silver Fangs are too busy infighting between Royalists and Renewalists to bother with the large cities that they don't paticularly enjoy being in anyway.

As to the nature of the pact made - the Queen's daughter was killed by Sabbat Kindred. Niccoli located and gave those responsible over to the Silver Fang Queen as an act of good faith. The Queen then agreed to allow the Kindred into the cities. Whether she thought this was a good idea or not at the time, it is what she did. The Silver Fangs bred for a long time with the royalties of the world and inbred their weaknesses into themselves. Many suffer from mental disorders, and the pact may have come about because of this.

And then that brings us to Sonya, who is the daughter of the daughter of the Queen that was 'killed.' In reality Niccoli had kidnapped the Silver Fang princess (who was but a small child at the time), and tricked the Queen into buying the story of her death. He then bred the werewolf with a wolf when she was old enough (docile because of being raised in captivity), and though many of the princess' pups over the years were not Garou, one was. The details are all very boring ;) and should come out over time.

But Sonya is either the granddaughter of the queen (who is very old) or the niece of the queen (who is about 60, so old but not very old). She would be Alexei's niece or his cousin.

I do want Alexei's take on this, as well as any other WoD players who wish to comment. ^_^;

Alexei Tvarivich
Sep 21st, 2006, 11:58:42 AM
Hmm... Well, originally it had been Alexei's mother, the Queen, had made the pact and that Sonya was his sister. But I think it would be better if the pact has been around for longer so it'd be better if the previous Queen, Alexei's grandmother, had started the pact with the vampires and the knowledge of said pact was passed on to Alexei's mother, the current Queen, at some point. Going from there I think it would be best if Sonya was the neice of the Queen and Alexei's cousin.

The rest of the idea is just fine :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 21st, 2006, 12:36:59 PM
Cool. :)

I was starting an RPing thread with Sonya but I was using my brother's laptop and accidentally touched the touchpad and got rid of the entire post TWICE in a row. :x I'll try again today. ^_^;