PDA

View Full Version : Find a Location for the Enclave!

Serena Laran
Sep 19th, 2006, 12:57:01 AM
Its like a game. Who can suggest the best place for the Enclave/Jedi school to be!

This is how I figure it will work when we finally get all together: We won't have a temple where everyone lives. But we WILL have a place that everyone can come to between missions, etc, and leave notes for or see other Jedi.

Padawans would be traveling along with their masters. It isn't safe for Jedi to stay put in one place too long so we'd want wherever the Enclave meets to be fairly low key and off the radar of the Empire, too.

Terran Starek
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:22:14 PM
Good idea. I like the sound of that. It echoes the ancient Jedi traditions - like 15,000 years before the Empire and such. The school of thought was that Jedi would come together to share and explore ideas periodically, but there wouldn't be a specific "home" for all the Jedi. Especially good for our timeline. :)

Corellia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellia) might be a good choice for its diversity and popularity. Much of the planet is still relatively wild, but there are a few very key places - Coronet, for example. Orellon II (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Orellon_II) is an interesting setting - lush jungles, people there sympathetic to the Jedi. Then, of course, you could always go with one of the classics: Dantooine (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dantooine).

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:26:47 PM
Corellia is bad, simply because The Sith Order is there. ;) Or, WILL be there. I'm confused sometimes as to where they actually are.

Terran Starek
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:30:18 PM
Those dang Sith! :p That's cool. Just a "brainstorm" anyway.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:35:33 PM
Its ok :) That's what the thread is for!

I really should sign in as Serena when I'm in here, but ... it takes so long! Dantooine would be interesting - plus its fairly remote.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Sep 20th, 2006, 07:34:07 PM
Dantooine! Lianna is very familiar with that planet. Course she did kinda cause a small ruckus but only Adia came looking for her :mischief

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:23:47 PM
So we can be sure that an Emperor's Hand will know where they are?! O_o

:p

Kyle Krogen
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:23:07 PM
I'd suggest Naboo, but I've already got my own academy there :)

I personally think Dantooine is a bad idea. I mean, if I was a big 'ol Imperial Moff with any knowledge of Jedi History I would go looking for them on Dantooine first, with it's extensive history of Jedi activity. Corellia would be a good spot, but sadly, as LD pointed out, the Sith will eventually be taking up residence there. So unless you want some constant headbanging, I'd suggest we keep them on seperate planets. Onderon is also out of the question. Simply too rugged to neck it in the woods and setting up in the city would be a bad idea, for the jedi that is :)

We could always go with the usual and bunker down in the Yavin system, but what fun is that?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:27:41 PM
Yavin and Dagobah are boring. :p They've been done.

I would suggest a planet away from the Core worlds, as well. And not in Hutt space. :)

Kyle Krogen
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:09:26 PM
Ossus is a mentionable planet. Not much to say about it though. Just a wilderness, empty planet with lots of space for the Jedi to move in. Munto Codru also popped up in my mind as a mentionable planet. It's got abandoned castles that dot the surface of the planet. The native inhabitants avoid these castles, thinking their cursed. So we could just move into one of these castles, probobly better to pick one of the more out-of-the-way castles.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:26:12 PM
That's true, we don't have the Sith Empire living on Munto Codru anymore. That might be a very good place. Or Vortex - I love the Vor.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Sep 21st, 2006, 07:36:19 PM
Vortex? Need more info on that...

I am rather against Munto Codru since it has been done before :p Granted not Jedi but still. :) Like for us to be somewhere different

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:20:08 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vortex <-- Vortex. Populated by the <a href=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vor>Vor</a>.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:02:09 AM
I think we should go for somewhere that we haven't used for any group previously at SWFans. I'll have a bit of a snoop about later for some potentials... but so far my vote is with Vortex. The Cathedral of Winds is awesome :)

Terran Starek
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:42:56 PM
I'm gonna consult my "Power of the Jedi" RPG Sourcebook when I get home for some ideas, as well. :)

I do like Vortex.

Ira Yahff
Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:09:07 PM
I like Taris (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taris) :)

Wyl Staedtler
Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:00:21 PM
Yeah but the Vor look like pteradactyls and that's just so much cooler.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2006, 12:11:26 AM
Plus I believe that most of Vortex is composed of grassy plains/rolling hills and they are covered with razor grass. :D It cuts things. Awesome. ^_^

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:55:02 AM
Taris is kind of... boring. Also, it's been the location of a Jedi Temple in the past.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Sep 24th, 2006, 04:33:42 PM
I'm liking Vortex too :) thank you for the links with information

Kyle Krogen
Sep 26th, 2006, 06:30:46 PM
Razor grass? That must be hard on their, aha, lawnmowers :)

Ira Yahff
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:59:42 PM
Either one is fine. Vortex looks interesting, but the wookieepedia doesn't seem to give enough information really. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:59:40 AM
Well, wikipedia says even less. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_planets_%28T-V%29#Vortex

As I recall, however, the Vors are a reptavian species - sort of like pterodactyls, but a tad more humanoid, and they live underground, sort of. Their dwellings look like bumps in the ground, though to say they live in sod houses would be inaccurate. I think. I can't remember where I got that info though. >_< Perhaps from the book where Ackbar crashes his shuttle into the Cathedral of Winds. I believe that was in the Thrawn trilogy.

There isn't a lot of info, which means its out of the way and perfect because we have a little bit of liberty with what we do with it. Though, we should decide what it is like in here, and then RP it - I'm not a fan of everyone just Rping whatever they like about a new planet. ;) Things can get messy if its done that way. :)

Ira Yahff
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:33:58 AM
Well it seems like everyone agrees that Vortex is the most interesting of the planets. Are we going with that one?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:48:47 AM
There isn't a lot of info, which means its out of the way and perfect because we have a little bit of liberty with what we do with it. Though, we should decide what it is like in here, and then RP it - I'm not a fan of everyone just Rping whatever they like about a new planet. ;) Things can get messy if its done that way. :)

I agree ... that should be the next part of the discussion if we all agree

Terran Starek
Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:45:21 AM
Well, sounds like a great locale to me. :)

We've got to really whip up some cool features, like ancient ruins. Fleshing out our own planet is gonna be fun!

Kyle Krogen
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:30:51 PM
Yes, I think we all agree on Vortex.

Ruins? That's so overdone. Why not make us a sparkling skyscraper? Oh, that's been done too... I think our temple should be a hollow log with a dead, stuffed chipmunk stationed on top. That hasn't been done before :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:52:04 PM
The only structure that I know of on Vortex is the Cathedral of the Winds, and it is not ruined. ;)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:53:14 PM
We could just hide in the ground like earthworms and only come out when it rains.

Ira Yahff
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:08:18 PM
I like Morgan's idea. =)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:19:42 AM
We could just hide in the ground like earthworms and only come out when it rains.

:thumbup:thumbup Sounds good to me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:39:43 AM
I'm in favor of that. :p

Terran Starek
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:28:21 PM
Ok, not only is that offensive, Morg, but it's also lame . . . so, double offensive. :D Kidding.

Ira Yahff
Oct 14th, 2006, 11:44:09 AM
So how are we going to start putting the actual location in motion IC?

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2007, 04:41:02 PM
Bump.

I'm going to move ahead with the Vortex idea unless someone speaks up. Since its been six months and no one has said anything else or done anything at all (C'MON PEOPLE) ....