PDA

View Full Version : The current state of the WoD.

Dimitri Vojslav
Sep 16th, 2006, 05:51:38 PM
I was just wondering where we were in relation to the 'end'.

Basically, each WoD game has a respective eschaton (the end of all things) period that starts around 1999 with the arrival of a red star in the sky perceivable to supernatural creatures (vampires using auspex, Mages, Garou etc) which was a sign of the end times.

Now in the actual WoD timeline this occurs in 1999 but our own timeline is in 2006 currently. I was wondering if the established eschatonic period has been and gone without consequence, or has not occured but will, or won't, or what?

Obviously it's not for one person to decide so maybe a discussion of what people would like to see/do would be best.

Personally I think it would be good for the 'end' to be on the way since it would be a great catalyst for roleplays of all sorts. But I open it up to the panel - you lot!

(For information on the Kindred 'end', Gehenna, check out http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Gehenna_%28Event%29)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2006, 06:26:54 PM
I believe the general consensus when we started the senario is that Gehenna/etc. is not happening at the moment in our timeline.

Dimitri Vojslav
Sep 16th, 2006, 06:40:07 PM
So the whole 'red star' and 'week of nightmares' has not occured as of yet. Okay cool, I know where I am now. But thats not to say it won't happen.

Were it to happen there are two things really.

1 - it doesn't have to happen for a loooong time.
2 - Should it happen, its not instantaneous and would entail a long period of 'the end is nigh' antics and increased supernatural activities viewed by mortals - basically hell on earth, you get the idea.

I know the WoD section hasn't been going long so it seems silly to start thinking about the end but this would really only be the 'beginning of the end' if you get my meaning, the Baali threat being a sign of things to come perhaps.

Though the 'End Times' books were supplements to the respective games, Gehenna and the like were a very strong undercurrent to the WoD games - Gehenna is what the Sabbat want and the Camarilla reject afterall, the belief in it being the point that separates the two groups. I'm not 'with it' on the Garou and Mage eschatons but I assume they play the same sort of role as far as a storytelling device goes.

I didn't create the thread because its what I want right now, I'm just curious as to other peoples ideas regarding what, as I understand, is a very epic event for the respective worlds (the entire underworld ends up engulfed in a great maelstrom undil the end of the world when the wraith eschaton occurs!)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2006, 07:37:40 PM
Obviously it will effect our vampire's beliefs regardless of whether its happening today or in a hundred years. I think for right now I'm happy having it be a far off event. Should we run out of steam in the current ideas and such, introducing the red star would quickly revitalize the storyline.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:54:49 AM
I think we have a long way to go before plotting 'the end' scenario.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2006, 03:50:06 PM
I hadn't even considered what our 'endgame' would be. We can cross that bridge when we come to it... though I am assuming that it would be some kind of Gehenna scenario.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:39:56 PM
Lets just say that since we haven't even Rped our way out of January yet, it'll take at LEAST 500 real years for us to get to Gehenna. ;)

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:41:01 PM
:lol :rollin :lol

Oh so true. So damn true ;)