PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Legacy of the Force series

Park Kraken
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:37:20 AM
Ok, this series takes place, what was it? Thirty five years after Endor? Anyways, this is the next series to take place after the Killik Triology, and the Star Wars universe is taking on an interesting aspect.

Ok, first things first, so far the plot of the stories from the two novels I've read feel like the authors are repeating the sequence of events from the Clone Wars. Corellia is seeking independence, along with a few other systems following it's lead. The Galatic Alliance doesn't want this to happen, and tries to "bully" Corellia into standing down or becoming fully independent of the GA. A few things go wrong, and now both sides are teetering on the brink of war. A few systems on the side of Corellia includes Commenor, Fondor, etc. That's the Galatic view of things.

Here's a rundown on current allegiances. Wedge Antillies is working for the new Corellian goverment, which had Thracken Sal-Solo at it's head, until he died in the second book, being victims of a hail of blaster fire from Boba Fett, his daughter, and Han Solo, the two formers working on contract from Sal-Solo's "replacement" and the latter for revenge, Sal-Solo having finally crossed the last line. Jacen Solo, early on in the books, comes under the influence of the Dark Lady Lumiya, who, acting under the orders of Darth Vectivus, subverts Jacen to the Dark Side, and starts secretley training him to be a Sith master.

Jacen, with Ben as his apprentice, starts up the Galatic Security Force, and starts rounding up Corellian terroists on Coruscant. One of his early victims, a person he brutually interrogates and kills with the powers of his mind, is Boba Fett's estranged wife. Jacen has already influenced Admiral Pelleaon to resign as head of the Galatic Alliance military, and his admiral buddy, Niathal, to take his place. We may soon see Cal Omas assissinated or removed from office. A lot more going on, too.

Thoughts on this new series? Personally my favorite new character was Nenila, and now one of my dis-liked characters is Jacen.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 23rd, 2006, 06:05:44 PM
Man Jacen has really fallen. I have been meaning to pick this series up and see where it is headed. To me it sounds like they are going farther than the NJO where I thought one of the twins would turn to the dark side. I think it will end up brother vs sister before long. who is this Darth Vectivus? I am just curious. I know Luminari was a dark force adept under Palpatine and Vader but who is this other person. And how did he or she become a Sith?