PDA

View Full Version : Abounding Coincidences - The Game

Pages : [1] 2

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:43:51 PM
Two months have come and gone since Gregor's appearance in Chicago. Not sure what the real reason for his disappearance was, but with the city Primogen breathing down his neck for the death of Cedric, he probably skidattled outta town before a Blood Hunt (Yes I'm learning new terms of Vamp society) was called on his sorry carcass.

Anyway. Good riddance. Things have been quiet really. Little issues like the Pentex incursion happened, but Fiona did a nice smear campaign that consisted of going to their restaurants and screaming about cockroaches. Heh. It was rather funny after I got over my embarrassment. I swear. I can't take Fiona anywhere.

So besides that, schools back in session. My second semester! My name is proudly displayed on all my teacher's roll call sheets since it has 'Dean's List' there. I got straight A's last semester and I hope I can continue to do that with all the distractions going on. Well, mostly the distraction is Fiona. She always knows when I need a break studying but then there are times she's my excuse for not studying. Procrastination is fun!

I'm not working the graveyard shift anymore either. Instead I have normal hours at the Antique shop that Fiona owns. Fits better with school too. Funny thing is, I really don't have to work since Fiona provides everything for me and I know she does it because she loves me, but I can't take handouts all the time. I like working for my fair share of things and it allows me to give something to her to show that I care about what she's done for me. I don't take anything for granted and I'm so blessed that she has fallen into my life.

Anyway, where the hell is she anyway? My clock says 12:34pm. She's usually right on time to pick me up after class ends. I mean, it's ridiculously cold out here. Hello, Chicago weather??? Least the wind chill isn't minus 100 like usual. Ah well.

I find a nice bench to park myself and go over the notes for my Biology class. We're going over genetics now. Punnett square is my intimate friend now ...

Gregor Proust
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:53:30 PM
:: Michele felt someone reading over her shoulder. It wasn't Fiona ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:57:05 PM
The hairs on the back of my neck started twitching like someone was watching me. I look up, left and right ... Then I saw a glimpse of black behind me. I turn my head further and look into the eyes of Gregor.

"Sonofabitch!" He startles me, causing me to dump all my books and notes onto the ground and partly into the snow. Damnit! I don't make a grab for them, I just back away slowly and look around for Fiona. Come on babe, where are you?!

Gregor Proust
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:01:05 PM
"Easy, easy." he replied, kneeling down to collect her books and papers.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:03:31 PM
I scoff. "You want me to take it easy after you tried to run me and Fiona down?"

Well, crap. Now he has my books held hostage. You know, I love this school but as I look around in the immediate area, I can't find a rent-a-cop for the life of me.

Gregor Proust
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:07:32 PM
:: Gregor set the books on the bench, with the papers as neatly arranged as possible ::

"Yeah, I'd like to talk about that."

:: He took a seat on the bench ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:10:27 PM
My eyes went between him and my books. This guy was really creeping me out. He has this weird presence but acts very smooth as if nothing was really wrong.

"That's okay," I snatch up my things and don't sit down. "You can keep me in the dark."

I glance at my watch eventho only a two minutes have passed. If Fiona doesn't get here soon, I'll disappear into the dorms since there's lots of people there during lunch hours. "Just going away is good enough for me."

Gregor Proust
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:13:59 PM
:: He looked down his sunglasses at her ::

"You don't know what you're mixed up with here, do you? With Fiona."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:15:17 PM
Oh doesn't he think he's so smart. "Actually I do. I know about a lot of things most of the people here would have nightmares over. I deal."

What a piece of crap.

Gregor Proust
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:19:30 PM
"You ever wonder what happens when you die?" he asked casually.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:22:05 PM
"Huh?" Okay not only creepy but morbid too. Now the sudden urge to move towards the dorms becomes a set motor fact. I'm going to assume that was a possible threat. "Honestly no and I really don't want to involve myself in a metaphysical debate with you."

Gregor Proust
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:28:22 PM
:: He chuckled, staring down at his feet, then he looked up. His mouth became a straight line as he looked around. Then he hopped off the bench ::

"That's cool. Later then."

:: He walked backwards a steps before turning and strolling around one of the buildings ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:33:39 PM
:: Fiona's car appeared from the opposite direction seconds later and she leaned across to open the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:36:04 PM
My eyes are staring off in the direction that he disappeared. Great. Bastard knows where I go to school and that means I won't see the last of him.

The sound of the Shelby pulling up grabs my attention and I get inside and slam the door shut. "Gregor's back." I say solemnly.

Eh, might as well get this over with. Hell, Fiona might already know too.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:45:46 PM
:: Her eyes narrowed as she looked out the window past Michele. There was no sign of him ::

"What did the bastard say to you?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:48:31 PM
"Nothing really. Just being weird and trying to start stuff." I click my seat belt into place. "He said I didn't know anything about what you're involved in. I then corrected him. Then he asked me some nonsense about what I think happens when I die. Then he just left."

I sneer. "The jag off."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:51:42 PM
"He threatened you???"

:: There was a look of genuine fright on her face ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:54:08 PM
"I assumed it was a threat, but the way he talked about it so ... so casually like it was no big thing. That was ... I dunno ..." I shiver from, gah from whatever weird vibes Gregor was giving off.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:00:02 PM
:: She sat in silence, a pout on her lips as she struggled internally with the situation ::

"I'm sorry I'm late." she finally murmured.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:02:38 PM
"Hey," I touch her arm to get her to look at me. "Not your fault that he was here and besides, can't be around me 24-7. It's okay."

The look on her face spoke volumes. This entire situation with him was eating her up inside. I squeeze her arm now. "You okay?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:08:02 PM
:: She softened at Michele's touch, cracking a smile and kissing her ::

"Let's go."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:10:22 PM
Well, she avoided the question nicely but I don't want to stir the pot. She has a lot of stuff on her mind and Gregor's behavior obviously surprised her. I turn on the radio and switch it to the Loop since Fiona loves her classic rock.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:17:20 PM
:: The tunes put Fiona in high spirits and she sang to Michele on the way home. They were greeted at the door by Perceval, who quickly led the way into the kitchen. It was lunchtime, and his tail swished impatiently ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 04:37:18 PM
I do the honors of taking care of Perc's lunch. My lips pucker on how to start the conversation with Gregor while petting the furball, who munched happily I might add.

"So ... Gregor." I stand up and cross my arms as I make my way towards Fiona. "Is he like you? Helping out the Vamps. Well, I guess it would be the Sabbat then if that were true."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 04:47:17 PM
"Quite honestly, I don't know what his connections are."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 04:49:43 PM
"Oh." I sigh in disappointment. Course this wouldn't be easy. I should know better.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:03:50 PM
"There's nothing else he said to you??? Nothing at all???"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:06:54 PM
What the hell's gotten into Fiona? She's acting paranoid all of a sudden and I think it's more then the possible threat he said to me to put her in such a state. "No. He didn't say anything else. I told you everything."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:12:14 PM
:: She opened the fridge and took a bottle of Guinness ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:14:33 PM
I close my eyes briefly to calm myself before closing the refridgerator door. "Why aren't you telling me what's wrong?"

Something's brothering her. When she goes from one extreme to the other in a flash I know there's something wrong. I mean, one second she's all freaking, now she's all quiet and broody with her beer.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:17:07 PM
"I think he was the one that killed Cedric."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:18:27 PM
"Well, you kinda thought that already. That's nothing new." I look at her but she's not looking back. "Something else is bothering you."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:27:25 PM
"Alright."

:: She turned around ::

"Suppose I told you that I was a Vampire? Suppose I told you that I was born over a thousand years ago, would you believe it?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:30:15 PM
My eyes focus in on Fiona and her seriousness makes my lips start curling into a grin. I'm trying to fight it but what she said was absolutely absurd!

"NO!" I bust out laughing. I can't help it. "Oh please. You're not a Vampire. I've seen you enough during the day to know that."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:32:15 PM
"You're right. I'm not." she said, without a hint of humor on her face. "I am Immortal."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:37:08 PM
"Oh please." Tho my chuckling starts to subside slowly as I realize that seriouness on her face. She isn't joking? No she has to be. But ... she nevers keeps a straight face for this long when she's joking tho. She always caves.

But not this time. So now I'm wondering if I just found out the depths to her insanity isn't soley on just being a goof.

"Okay, now you're creeping me out that you believe this nonsense."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:40:54 PM
"I'm sorry." she replied, pausing to sip her beer. "I'm telling you the truth, and the truth is Gregor is Immortal too."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 05:47:27 PM
I roll my eyes. What does she take me for? An idiot? And as I talk, my voice gets progressively louder. "Okay. This is stupid. If you didn't want to talk to me about this like a normal person, you coulda just said so, but this pile of crap isn't funny."

I mean, after all we've been through, mind you this is only if this crazy story were true, don'tcha think she woulda told me in the first place?

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 06:03:43 PM
:: Fiona looked like she'd been slapped hard ::

"Fine."

:: She left her beer on the counter and disappeared into the workout room. Shutting the door behind her, she worked out her aggressions on the heavy bag that hung from the ceiling ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:13:44 PM
I throw my hands up in the air just as frustrated and then kicked the side of the cabinet. God damnit.

You know what. I really thought after everything we've been through we could talk and even if I'm the one that might be wrong, don't walk away from me like I'm the evil one. Immortals? She never once mentioned Immortals save for the Vampires, and I'm suppose to just accept it just as easily as everything else? Oh wait I DIDN'T!! Grrraaaah!

Fine.

I grab my coat and keys and slam the door shut as I head outside in the cold. Better then the sub-artic temperatures in here. I just head to no where in particular. I figure one of the restaurants would eventually entice me inside.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:31:14 PM
:: A plaintive mrrrowing outside the door broke her concentration, followed by little paws reaching under the door space. It was obvious that Michele had left. Opening the door, she picked him up and wandered the apartment to be sure. Then she grabbed her coat, leaving the tabby on the leather couch as she was off in hot pursuit ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:35:32 PM
Red light not only means stop, it means freezing your butt off. So now I'm waiting at the intersection bobbing up and down to maintain some heat. So I scout out my options. Taco Hell, McStroke, Chinese or real Mexican food at the small mom and pop place.

Light changes and I wait the customary three seconds for everyone to run the light before heading off. I think Chinese food will do me good. I can buy something shrimpy and shrimpy makes me happy.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:41:35 PM
:: Fiona came up behind her just as the light turned green ::

"Michele Hawkins!!! Where are you going???!!!""

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:44:46 PM
Before I can even take a step forward, Fiona's voice carries over the sounds of traffic and reverberates down my spine like nails on a chalkboard. I visibly wince and when I turn around, I'm not at all happy by this display of hers. "What the hell?! When did you become my mother?!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:51:00 PM
"I'm not!!!" she stamped her feet and yelled at the car that honked at her.

"OH SHUTUP!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:54:44 PM
"You know what? Come back to me when you more coherent and don't feel like airing our dirty laundry in front of everyone!" I wave her off and cross the streets with my cheeks burning in embarrassment.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:02:46 PM
"Oh that's just splendid!!!"

:: She stormed right past Michele in the same direction ::

"And don't you follow me!!!"

:: She disappeared into the chinese restaurant ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:05:47 PM
Oh this is just down right idiotic. Now I don't know what to do anymore and just stand there like a deer in headlights as she goes into the Chinese place I was going into.

I sigh and roll my eyes. Sometimes I really just don't understand women. Makes me wonder why the hell I love them so much.

This fight was stupid enough in the first place, now it's become down right childish.

I follow her inside but I slam my palm against the second door so we're now trapped inbetween the restuarant proper and outside. I take a quick peek and thankfully no one's leaving yet. Good.

"Okay. For the record, you disappeared on me first. I just wanted something to eat to calm myself down. You coming after me like a crazy person didn't help Fiona."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:17:23 PM
"I wasn't lying to you." she said with a pout.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:19:37 PM
I groan and run my hands through my hair. "Come on Fiona. It's hard to accept all this ..."

Remember Michele you're in public. Be cool. Leave key words out.

"... Weirdness without explanation! You just say something like that as if I should automatically know what the hell you're on about and offer NO explanation! How the hell am I supposed to believe you like that?!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:22:26 PM
:: Just then, the head waiter smiled through the door and invited them in ::

"Welcome!" :D he said happily. "Two?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:25:44 PM
Argh!

I take a deep breath and turn around, trying to sound as if things are fine. "Yeah, as long as she wants to eat here too."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:42:24 PM
"Yes, two please."

:: The head waiter beamed as though he had just won the lottery, and graciously led them to an intimate table in the back ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:50:50 PM
We sat down and Fiona ordered some tea to start with while we look through our menus. Me? I left it there on top of my plate. I'm way too jittery with what's going on to think about food really anymore. And my leg's going a mile a minute underneath the table. Least we have a decent spot to talk. We're away from everyone else inside. Course, now I don't know what to say. I just knew I didn't want Fiona leaving. So ... now that I got her, not sure what to do next, cept watch her like a hawk.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:58:43 PM
:: Fiona sipped her tea calmly and looked at Michele with a timeless gaze ::

"I'm sorry I took things out on you like that. It was unfair of me."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:02:29 PM
Okay ... My posture relaxes somewhat in the chair and I scoot closer to the table. My knee hasn't calmed down tho. "Apology accepted ..."

I sigh and lower my head, trying to find the right words to say. "I trust you. I do. But I'm honestly confused about everything that just happened at home. I really thought you were kidding!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:08:28 PM
"I know it must be overwhelming for you, all of this."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:10:24 PM
"Just a tad!" My head thumps against the table in complete moment of weakness. Maybe if I knock myself into unconsciousness I'll wake up from this messed up dream I've been having since school ended last Fall.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:15:12 PM
:: Fiona winced ::

"Don't do that." she pouted.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:18:43 PM
I push myself up from the table and lean against my arm. "So you're really ... that old?"

My hands come out in front of me as I try to use them to verbalize my utter disbelief. "I mean how???"

She's not a Vampire and they're the only ones that can live forever, barring a few allergies. That's the only option!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:29:23 PM
:: Fiona smiled at her waving hands and caught one to hold it ::

"I still ask myself that sometimes. There are many legends about my kind. Down through the centuries we've been called many things. Angels, elves, and demons. None of them are exactly right, but we've been among you since the dawn of time."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:34:30 PM
Hearing her talk so seriously about this was helping it to sink in more. I mean, I'm still hoping for the 'fool you' part but the more she goes on about this, the less likely that's gonna happen.

"So you really are ... Immortal. I ..." I caught Fiona's eyes looking behind me and held that thought. Our waiter has returned.

"Shrimp and cashews please." I let go of her hand long enough to give up the menu. Now order quick so we can shoo this guy away and continue this.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:40:42 PM
"General Tso's chicken. Extra spicy, please. And shrimp fried rice."

:: She turned the menu over and he was off to the kitchen ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:42:42 PM
I make a face on reflex. I still don't get how her stomach can handle that stuff. Anyway ...

"You really are telling the truth then." I frown, wondering why she couldn't tell me before.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:45:28 PM
"Aye." she nodded, wanting to catch her hand again. She fidgeted instead.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:50:10 PM
"But ..." My hands clench and then my fingers explode outwards. " ... I don't know what to say."

I sigh and slump forward. My girlfriend is supposedly a thousand years old. What the hell do you say to that.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:53:36 PM
"I love you." she replied with a softness in her eyes.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:55:41 PM
When I hear that, my heart melts and for that brief moment, my confusion is forgotton. I take her hand and kiss it. "I love you too. That hasn't changed Fiona."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:57:07 PM
:: She smiled then, and a tear fell from her eye ::

"I've waited a long time for you, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:01:12 AM
That was the most precious thing anyone has ever said to me. Especially if you think about how long she has been waiting. Supposedly. Course, I don't care right now. She has me stunned speechless and all I can do is rest my lips against her hands as my eyes water in perfect happiness.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:08:21 AM
:: Fiona started to speak again, but the waiter arrived and served their plates ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:12:26 AM
I causually wipe my eyes as he sets down our plates and refills our tea cups. After making sure we were all set, he left and we were alone again. Everything smelled delicious and I got to work pouring some sweet and sour sauce on my rice.

"You looked like you were gonna to say something?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:24:41 AM
"I'm going to settle things with Gregor."

:: she picked up her chopsticks and took a bite of chicken ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:28:32 AM
I stab things with my fork. Chiopsticks and me consists of pushing things around my plate to the amusement of Fiona. One time I actually picked up a shrimp and was so happy until it slipped, bounced off the plate and onto the floor. The loss of a shrimp to eat was most sorrowful.

"Take care of things?" I raise an eyebrow. The way she said that, it made it sound really permanent. And of course that raises more questions about what the hell she really is. "We really need to talk about this more."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:08:07 AM
"He was there at the docks that night. He's involved with whoever wanted Cedric dead."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:14:30 AM
"Wait, huh?" I point my fork at her in confusion. "We went from he most likely was there to he was there? Did ..."

I lean closer to her as my voice falls into a whisper. " ... Did the Primogens tell you that?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:24:26 AM
"No. I sensed another Immortal that night. I didn't know it was Gregor until we saw him that day."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:29:33 AM
"Oh." It took a bit before my brain fully processed that information. "Oh! You can sense your own kind but not specifics."

My lower lip protrudes. Neat little skill there. "Handy."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:50:43 AM
:: Fiona nodded as she paused to enjoy a mouthful of food, then sipped tea to clean her palate ::

"Whoever he's working for, I'm taking him off the chessboard."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:53:23 AM
I giggle. "I knew you weren't some lowly gopher."

I like being right.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:12:06 AM
"Well, it is a relief to not have to play Clark Kent with you anymore."

:: Fiona closes her eyes and gives a silly smile ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:14:56 AM
I have to laugh but then I make a yuck face. "You're way cooler then Clark Kent."

And then I wink before sucking down a shrimp. "Much prettier too."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:25:22 AM
:: Fiona makes a kissy face and sighs contentedly ::

"This food is wonderful. We must argue again." she teased.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:31:33 AM
I start going into a giggling fit. "That's not funny!"

Yes it is!

"But at least we're better for it this time around. Right?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:53:37 AM
"Aye, macushla." she grinned. "We are."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:59:22 AM
Macushla is a term of endearment, which basically means darling. I've adored it because it makes me feel special. Oh and don't worry. First time she called me that I had to ask if she was saying something sexy to me or was angry.

"Course I do find it ironic that a thousand year old Immortal regresses to a two year old when there's a fight." I look down at my food and start eating. hahahaha. I'm so in trouble.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:15:30 AM
:: Fiona stuck out her tongue and went back to eating ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:19:29 AM
That was her usual reaction to whenever I was right about something and had no come back. We decided to enjoy each other's company and the excellent food, leaving the rest of our important talk for later.

About twenty minutes later, we were leaving the restaurant arm in arm and heading back to the apartment. There was still so much that needed to be said on Fiona's part but at least everything was starting to make sense now. I just have to struggle with a few new concerns of my own with this Immortality issue... and I don't mean Gregor either.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:37:03 AM
:: Fiona took a seat on the couch and relaxed, ready to answer the many questions that were spinning about in Michele's head ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:40:33 AM
I sit down next to her and lean back with my hands hitting the back of the couch and arm in playful succession. Yeah, where to begin.

"Um ..." I blow out a breath of air. "... How did you know you were ... ya know, Immortal?"

Ease into the concerns and be calm. Fiona can be open and honest with you now.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:53:23 AM
"I was born in Cumbria in the year 66 A.D." she began, pausing to pet the tabby that hopped into her lap.

"I was killed on the point of a roman spear, fighting for the freedom of my people. That was my first death."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:55:55 AM
"66 ... AD?" I think my mouth is catching flies because that is a helluva lot more older then a thousand years. Try closer to two thousand! "And first death?"

I blink. "You've died other times too?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:14:45 PM
"More times than I care to count." she replied.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:21:10 PM
I wince. Moving on. I can tell we don't need to get into that by the sounds of it. And honestly, I don't think I could stand the gory details. I don't know what to ask right now. There's only one big problem that's bugging me.

"Are you sure you're okay with ..." My hand comes up off the couch and motions between us. "This? I mean ..."

I lower my head at the reality of the situation. "... I'm gonna die one day if we're lucky to last that long. Ya know?"

Not a fun thought but it's true. For me I'll die and go to who knows where while Fiona continues to live on. I guess in a sense it would be easier for me. Course, I could just be stupid again. Woman was close to 2 g's old. She'll probably just find someone else later. Bah ... maybe this actually sucks more for me now that I'm thinking about it!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 11:59:11 AM
"Each day I can share with you fills me with gladness. I can't imagine living without you now."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:21:19 PM
Insecurity moment is now over. I smile and then lay my head in her lap. My mind drifts back to everything that we've talked about for the last few months. Now I know why she's such a king killer and excellent cook! I mean, how much stuff has Fiona learned and perfected over the years?

.. Waitaminute! "Hah. That story about your Aunt was a lie." I roll my head back so I can grin up at her. "Lavinia was it?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:29:52 PM
:: Fiona gasped ::

"Aunt Lavinia would cry if she heard you say that!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:37:20 PM
I cross my arms and just stare at her, not buying it for a second.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:44:33 PM
"Alright, alright, I'm Lavinia."

:: She pet Michele's nose with her fingertip ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:48:38 PM
I wiggle my nose. "And a bunch of other names too I bet, right? Ya old hag. Ha"

Oh I have to!!!

"Talk about robbing the cradle with me eh?"

I had to say it and now I'm experiencing a massive giggling fit at Fiona's expense which causes me to snort!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:54:30 PM
"Ohhhhhhhhhh!!! Now you've done it!!!" she growled, then grinned as she tickled Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:56:49 PM
AAAAHHHH! Now I'm crying as Fiona's punishes me. I try to squirm and break free but damnit, that woman has a damn good hold of me!

"Okay, okay!!! I give!!! .... Eventho you did rob the cradle but at least I'm legal!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:01:59 PM
:: Fiona relented and let her go, but gave her a playful swat upside the head before hopping away ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:03:50 PM
My eyes narrow and I rub my head to put my hair back down. Heh. That was fun. I jump up after her. "Is there anything else I need to know about just incase Gregor decides to say hi to me again?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:09:40 PM
"Don't worry about Gregor." she said, pressing her belly against Michele's in a loving embrace.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:11:25 PM
I wrap my arms around her waist. "Easy for you to say. But what if he does bother me again?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:13:37 PM
"I'm not going to let him."

:: she kissed Michele on lips, and rested her chin on her shoulder ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:16:14 PM
I'm still wondering how she was gonna take care of the Gregor problem. I mean, if he's Immortal, how the hell can he die? Fiona didn't go into great detail but I'm pretty damn sure it isn't killing one of her kind.

I just hold her close and try and stop all the questions going through my head, eventho I've got a really bad feeling about all of this.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:29:57 PM
:: The next morning, Michele was greeted with a hot breakfast at the table. Hot buttermilk biscuits with sausage, eggs, and cheese, and a bowl of honeydew melon on the side. Fiona was in the midst of a phonecall when Michele entered the kitchen ::

"So you take care of that, and I'll stop in around lunchtime. Okay. Thanks."

:: she put the phone in the charger ::

"Good morning, my chick." :D

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:33:07 PM
I yawn. "Morning darling."

Then my eyes went wide at the spread of food. Whoa!

"Okay. What do ya want?" I kid as I sit down and help myself to some eggs and melon first. Have a test today so I need to start the day off right.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:43:14 PM
:: Fiona poured Michele some coffee, still undressed ::

"Nothing. I just know the test is today." she smiled, kissing Michele on the head.

:: She hopped back to the stove to fetch the next batch of sausage for herself ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:47:05 PM
I bet you're all jealous that my girlfriend makes me breakfast practically nekkid :D The best part is, she does it most of the time!

"Thanks. I hate math. I mean, I know there's a link between math and music but my poor left brain just isn't getting it." I stab at a sausage and gnaw on it.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:51:45 PM
:: She returned to the table, grabbing a biscuit and spreading some orange marmalade on it ::

"You'll do fine. I believe in you."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:53:03 PM
My eyes perk up like I'm some lost puppy dog and then I grin. "Thanks."

I scarf down another link. "What're you up to today?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:56:52 PM
"Oh, busy day. Places to go, people to see." so replied lazily.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:58:00 PM
I snort. "Riiight." I butter a biscuit with an unfortunate knowing pout. "Like Gregor."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:59:55 PM
"If you must know, I'm meeting with Scooby today, but yes, it pertains to Gregor."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:01:39 PM
My face grows pensive as I wonder who the hell is Scooby. "Please tell me that Scooby Doo is not real. I will have to shoot myself in the face."

There are somethings I can accept, Vampires, Werewolves and Immortals now, but a stoned out dog, no way. That's just too messed up for me.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:06:27 PM
:: Fiona giggled at the look on her face ::

"He's a city werewolf, of the bone gnawer tribe. He's my best contact on the street. It turns out he has some information I'm interested in."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:07:41 PM
"Ah." I nod with getting it and whew. Makes a lot more sense now. I jsut want to be sure of one last thing. "You're gonna be on time today with picking me up right?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:13:59 PM
"I'm really sorry about that." she pouted.

"Yes, I won't be late today."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:15:12 PM
"I'll wait inside tho just incase he decides to rear his ugly head." I smile and slide my foot down her leg. "Okay?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:22:02 PM
"Alright." she replied, fighting off a shiver.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:25:01 PM
I finish breakfast and give Fiona a kiss before disappearing into the bedroom to get dressed. I stuff my music and math stuff into my backpack and recite formulas as my girlfriend gets ready.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:29:44 PM
:: Fiona slipped quickly into a pair of jeans and put her hair up in a clip. She put her boots on, then her black suede jacket and off to school they went ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:31:11 PM
We pull up in front of the Fine Arts building and I kiss Fiona goodbye. "11:30am right?"

I chide.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:36:51 PM
"I'll see you then." she replied, returning the kiss.

:: Then she noticed the two young men gawking at the sight ::

"You'd better go. It seems we have an audience."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:40:53 PM
I turn my head to see what she was talking about and laugh. "They're just jealous."

I kiss her again for good measure and head on out, giving those two guys a wink as I pass them on by to class. Eat your hearts out boys!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:46:18 PM
:: Fiona went on about her errends, then was back a bit early. 11:25 ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:50:24 PM
Music class was great. Math ... eh. I took the entire one and a half hours to do the test to rework the problems and go over that test with a fine tooth comb. I still think I bombed it. The stuff made no sense! It was a jumble of letters and numbers. Bah!

I shuffle outta the building when I see that Fiona's already here. I dramatically drop into the car and slam the door shut. "I know I failed that test."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 03:22:45 PM
:: Fiona gave her a sympathetic pout, and a bag of chocolate truffles ::

"I wouldn't get too upset. You're still a prodigy, and a silly math test can't take that away."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 05:57:37 PM
Ooooo! Chocolate!

Munch. "Thank god this semester is it for math and science. Then I can focus on my music requirements and liberal arts stuff. Like literature and art!"

Munch.

"How did things go with Scooby?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:14:55 PM
"It hasn't. I'm meeting him for lunch, as per our agreement. You can come if you like."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:16:47 PM
"Oh. Sure, sounds good." I smile. "I haven't met a Werewolf yet and I'm starving after burning brain cells."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:30:42 PM
"I think you'll like him." she smiled, fishing for a truffle before driving off.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:34:40 PM
We head on out to a Subway near the campus. I poke my head a bit outside to see who could be Fiona's informant but at this time of day, there was a lot of pedestrian traffic. I leave my stuff inside the car, save for my music sheets, and follow Fiona towards the joint. Unknown territory again so I of course allow my Lady to lead.

Scooby
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:46:07 PM
:: A grizzled looking man stood ouside the subway, shuffling his feet as he peered inside the window. He turned to see Fiona and he smiled as he wandered up to greet her ::

"Wow, you're early. Can we go in now?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:48:39 PM
I blink. Scooby looks more like Shaggy! He seems nice tho. I look between the two of them and wait for proper introductions to be made.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:52:39 PM
"Aye." she replied.

"Scooby, meet Michele Hawkins. Michele, meet Scooby."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:54:31 PM
I extend my hand with a smile. "Nice to meetcha."

Scooby
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:00:09 PM
:: Scooby reached his hand out to take hers, and he looked quite starstruck as he shook it ::

"Wow, you're that famous piano player Fiona told me about."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:01:26 PM
"Say what?" I look at Fiona completely baffled with a brow raised. "Famous?"

Okay Miss Devlin. What evil rumors have you been spreading about me?

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:06:42 PM
:: Fiona gave Michele a tweak in the side as she opened the door, and Scooby happily stepped inside ::

"He thinks you are, I didn't say it." she whispered with a grin.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:10:11 PM
Eep! I rub my side and nod, understanding what she meant. Basically, don't hurt the poor guys feelings. Got it.

We head in line and I order my Chicken Bacon Ranch as always!

Scooby
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:14:07 PM
"Ohhhhhh man, that sounds great. Can I have one???"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:18:41 PM
:: Fiona gave him a pat him on the back, and ordered a large sub and soft drink for him, and then they took a seat ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 07:20:10 PM
Okay. Not only is this guy nice but adorable! He's such a sweetie. I never would've thought he's a Werewolf. I mean, you usually think RAWR and GRRR not Oooooh gimmie gimmie.

I watch the two of them with a smile as I dig into lunch.

Scooby
Sep 19th, 2006, 12:55:10 PM
:: Scooby's eyes bugged as the sub was set before him, and a rootbeer. He looked up from the plate with a big stupid grin ::

"Thanks, Fiona!!!"

:: he took a big bite of sandwich, but chewed it slowly instead of gobbling, to relish all the flavors before swallowing it. Then he sipped his rootbeer, which made him smile even bigger ::

"This place is the best. I wonder if the Zagats know about it?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 02:17:34 PM
:: Fiona chuckled ::

"This is a franchise, Scooby. The Zagats don't rate franchises."

Scooby
Sep 19th, 2006, 02:27:09 PM
"They don't???"

:: He was genuinely shocked ::

"This is a five star place. They've got root beer."

:: He sipped his drink happily ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 03:44:13 PM
Seem like the Zagats were some fancy restuarant reviewers or something. I chuckle and continue to eat quietly. Watching Fiona and Scooby was entertaining enough.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 03:49:20 PM
"So, I've covered my end of things. What have you got?"

Scooby
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:09:31 PM
:: Scooby swallowed down another bite ::

"Yeah, this guy you're looking for, I followed him. I can show you where he went once we leave here."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:12:07 PM
I shift in my seat anxiously. "You know where Gregor is then?"

Can wait for that sorry sonofabitch to be outta our lives.

Scooby
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:18:29 PM
"Yeah, that's his name." he replied, taking another large bite.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:20:16 PM
:: There was a gleam in Fiona's eye, and she waited patiently as Scooby finished his meal ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:24:13 PM
I slowly eat my meal and mainly watch Fiona. She's plotting something all right.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:35:32 PM
:: The trio left the sub shop and hopped into the shelby, with Scooby as the navigator. They arrived downtown near a tall business building ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:45:31 PM
Bleh. I hate downtown. Nothing but mounds of people walking on top of each other and bumper to bumper traffic. I'm not too familiar with where we are. I hardly go down here enough to care.

"So ..." I twist my head around to gaze up at the skyscrapper. Oh hell no. "What?! He's in the Prudential Building?"

Scooby
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:51:16 PM
"Yeah, this is the place. I couldn't follow him inside though." he frowned.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:52:40 PM
"It's alright, Scooby." Fiona said, giving his shoulder a squeeze. "You've been a big help."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:53:40 PM
"So now what?" I grumble. "Not like we can all go waltzing in either."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:23:19 PM
:: Fiona turned to Michele ::

"We aren't going to. I'll do some poking around tonight."

:: she spun the car around and headed back the way they came ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:25:23 PM
"What?" I look at her as if she should be convicted. "You don't go poking around a building like that! If someone notices you doing something outta place the cops are gonna be onto you fast."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:30:17 PM
:: Fiona glanced over her shoulder at Michele in amusement, then turned her attention back on the road ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:32:25 PM
I throw my hands up in defeat. Sometimes, I really don't understand her. It's like my concerns aren't being taking seriously and this is one big game to her.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:36:37 PM
:: She peeked at Michele again, noting her concern ::

"Don't worry, I'm not going to get caught if that's what you're worried about. I have connections."

Scooby
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:37:58 PM
:: The conversation was lost on Scooby, who was enjoying the wind in his hair as he stuck his head out the window ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:40:15 PM
I dunno. She sounds convincing but I'm not feeling it. "Are you sure there's nothing else going on I should know about?"

I can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something about this Immortal thing. Everything about it screams weirdness.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:44:49 PM
:: Fiona arched an eyebrow ::

"I think we know at least whoever sent Gregor to slience Cedric works in that building. I'm simply going to get a directory of who's who and what's what."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:46:38 PM
I purse my lips and after a few moments I relent. "Okay. Just be careful."

I try to keep my worry under control but I just know something isn't going to end well. Just my gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong tho. Really.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:50:44 PM
:: They drove home, dropping Scooby off near the park. Fiona had given him $100 in thanks for tailing Gregor ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:53:14 PM
I wave and thank Scooby for his efforts too. I also told the guy that we would have to meet again under better circumstances, just to hang or something. I had a lot of questions about Werewolves and it would be nice to get some information from the source ya know?

As we pull away, I look at Fiona to try and gauge what's going on in that pretty head of her's. "So, what's next?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 06:34:13 PM
"I think we should just relax for now." she said as she wandered to the fitness room.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 06:35:45 PM
I throw my jacket over the couch and laugh as I follow her into the fitness room. "Only you'd find this relaxing."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 19th, 2006, 06:44:58 PM
"Don't knock it 'til you've tried it, luv." she laughed.

:: Pulling off her boots, she set them aside and walked over to the sound system. The room filled with a driving, pulsing groove. 'Chinese Burn' by Curve.

Fiona stepped over to the heavy bag and cut loose, attacking it with a flurry of punches and kicks that held pace with the music ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 19th, 2006, 07:49:27 PM
I click my tongue. "Right. I try and hit that thing, I'd break my hand."

I wiggle my fingers. "I need these for school. I'll be in the living room studying."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 07:24:05 AM
:: Two hours later, Fiona emerged from the fitness room, wiping the strands of wet hair from her face. She smiled at Michele as she looked up from her books ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:30:40 AM
My eyes smile appreciatively at my hot and sweaty sexy girlfriend. "Feeling any better?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:38:33 AM
"Spendlid!" she laughed, making a beeline straight for the refridgerator.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:41:40 AM
"Good. Glad to know that you had the body covered while I was working on the mind. Oh, and since you're there, you mind getting me a soda?" I stretch against the couch and pop some stiff joints. Been sitting on this floor for two hours while trying to do not only my math homework but biology too. It's a rather chaotic mess of lab books, textbooks and papers sprawled all over the place but there's a system! A system that no one but me would be able to figure out.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:49:07 AM
:: Fiona grabbed a Killian's and a Stewart's and sat on the floor beside Michele, setting the ginger ale on one of the coasters. She popped open her beer and took a long drink from the bottle, then gasped happily and looked over the array of books ::

"How goes the war effort?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:52:50 AM
I chuckle and throw down my pen. "Well, I think I might have devised a strategy to combat the third flank of red blood cells that are trying to overtake the three variable method in solving equations."

Basically. My head hurts and I want to cry. I hate these damn classes!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:59:34 AM
"Take a break for awhile, you've been attacking it too hard."

:: Fiona set her beer on the table and wiggled her way behind Michele, rubbing her shoulders. Her hands and fingers were soft and delicate in their touch ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:02:40 PM
Just what I needed. A nice relaxing session with Fiona's delicate hands working out my tensions and frustrations with class. Course, it's really crazy to think about that these same hands could probably punch through a brick or two.

I lean my head against her and sigh. "So while I'm at school tonight you're gonna be downtown?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:16:02 PM
"No, I can find out what I need to know right here."

:: she leaned forward to take Michele's mouth in a deep kiss ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:18:45 PM
Hello! I return the kiss and pull back with a big grin on my face. "I have a feelng my break is gonna last awhile, huh?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:22:53 PM
:: Fiona grinned back before kissing her again, this time leading with her tongue ::

"That depends if you can catch me." :mneh

:: Then she hopped up and scampered to the bedroom ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:30:05 PM
The lopsided grin came as I watch her run off, but I was soon chasing after her. And as I shut the bedroom door, I was so going to make her keep that promise ...

Two Nights Later

Okay it's test time in Bio lab Wednesday night. Everyone's nervous and raring to go, hoping that they do well.

Soon after the teacher passes the test out, my head is held up by my hands as I look down at this biology test on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I always look through a test first to get an idea of what I'll need to know and whatever I need to know isn't in my brain right now. Gah! My teacher wants us all to fail! I know it!

Okay Michele. You studied. All of these words aren't some foreign tongue. Breathe. Calm down. Then breathe again and tackle the first question you know the answer to ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:07:02 PM
:: Fiona had spent the last two days investigating the Prudential building, and the businesses who leased it. She discovered that the 34 floor, previously owned by Lodin, had been acquired by Consolidex Worldwide. Further digging revealed the investment firm to be a subsidiary of Pentex.

It left no doubt in her mind that this is what Cedric had discovered, and what he'd been destroyed for to keep secret. Gregor was working for Pentex ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:21:24 PM
After about an hour and a half later, I hold my paper up in front of me and sigh. Whether my battle was for victory or defeat, I'll find out next week but staring at the pages aren't gonna do me any good anymore. I combed the test three times making sure I answered everything, even if I didn't know the answers. Hey maybe a lucky guess will get me a few points right? I also tried to reason the answers out as best I could.

Meh. Long as I get a C whatever. Means I passed right?

I get up as quiet as I can to not disturb the other students and hand in my test with a hesitant smile. Professor Carney gives me a smile and he wishes me a good night. Yeah right.

Oh well, look at the positive. It's done right?

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:33:26 PM
:: Fiona stepped behind Gregor as he lurked outside the campus ::

"Looking for someone?" she growled.

Gregor Proust
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:44:11 PM
:: Gregor smiled, not looking at Fiona as he answered ::

"Wasn't planning on you just yet. You ruined the surprise."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:50:24 PM
:: Fiona walked a circle to look Gregor in the face ::

"Why don't you tell me about it?"

Gregor Proust
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:58:04 PM
"I was hoping you'd find her after I carved her up a bit."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:01:17 PM
:: Fiona's eyes narrowed where she stood ::

"I've always known this about you. Duncan should have put you out of your misery years ago."

Gregor Proust
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:03:14 PM
:: Gregor rolled his eyes ::

"Duncan isn't here." he replied, moving towards the shadows.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:04:07 PM
"You're damn right he's not!" she spat, following after him.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:07:29 PM
I stop by the doors of the science building before heading out and look around for the Shelby. I smile when I see it in the parking lot. Fiona was early again. I push the door open and it's just a bit of a walk across the grounds to safety. I don't see her around so she must be waiting inside the car for me.

I still keep a watchful eye out for Gregor, who seems to be absent tonight. Good.

Gregor Proust
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:18:04 PM
:: Sparks lit up the night as quickening charged swords clashed. Gregor was forced to maintain a defense, despite his attempts to reverse the momentum ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:26:15 PM
:: Fiona pursued him with a ferocity that Gregor didn't anticipate from her, and the fatal stroke came after she pinned his sword against a tree. A smile played about her lips as she gazed at him that moment ::

"There can be only one."

:: She spun counter-clockwise, and the astonishment was still etched on Gregor's face as his head fell from his shoulders. His body dropped, and Fiona relaxed as the sky above filled with thunder. A spectral glow surrounded Gregor's dead form, and then it began ... ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:37:49 PM
I stop halfway to the parking lot when I hear some sorta fight going on. I'm not sure what the hell they were doing to each other but it had to be intense by the clanging noises. Which sounds more and more like some crazy Kung-Fu sword fight as I walk towards the source of the ruckus.

I realize that this is probably dumb on my part to go closer to the source of the fight but what if it was Fiona and she was in trouble? She might not have been in the car. I wasn't able to get close enough to find out. Maybe Gregor showed up? Or maybe I'm gonna be a Vampire happy meal ...

So I round the corner of the gymnasium and stop dead in my tracks. I cover my mouth when I gasp because I didn't want to spook Fiona. She had the upper hand and held Gregor at sword point. Whoohoo! That's my girl!!!

Course why the hell at sword point? Was that like an Immortal's kryptonite or something?

But then nothing could prepare me for what happened next. Fiona cut off his head!!! HIS GOD DAMN HEAD!!! I drop my biology book as Gregor's head bounces off the ground and his headless body just slumps forward with a thud. Thunder hides my scream and then everything lit up in a bright flash of light that knocked me off my feet. I hug the wall of the building as I witness Fiona get electrocuted in horror! I can't move. I can't think. All I can do is scream, helpless as I watch my girlfriend dying ... Why the hell is this happening??? What the hell's going on???

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:47:16 PM
:: Fiona's face was contorted in a snarl, and she was trapped between orgasm and agony as the quickening surged through her body. Lightning lit up the sky, and rain poured down as she fell to her knees in exhaustion. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell agape as she saw Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:51:37 PM
My throat was raw from yelling. That was when the rain began to fall to try and soothe my nerves. Cept I was far from calm as I watch Fiona get up unharmed. Our eyes met and I could see she wasn't expecting me to be here and I now understand why. It's why she was hiding things from me still and avoided some of my questions. I knew she wasn't completely honest with me!

I can feel my lip quivering in fear, not knowing what the hell she really is. My foot slips as I get up because of the wet grass, but it doesn't take me long to recover and I run off, ANYWHERE! I just need to get away! Oh god!!! Please let me get away!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:53:47 PM
:: Tears fell from Fiona's cheeks, lost in the rain as she cried out Michele's name and ran after her ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:14:17 PM
I hear my name but I don't look back. I don't wanna look at her, I just wanna get as far away from her as possible. I even throw my backpack off to get the weight off of me so I can go even faster. God where am I going? Where am I on campus? Wait, the dorms! I still have the access codes and friends there. They can keep me safe!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 21st, 2006, 06:26:50 AM
"Michele!!!"

:: Fiona fell to her knees, unable to run any further. Her wail became a sob as she watched Michele run away from her ::

"Pleeeeeeeeease!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:01:39 PM
Hearing her cry my name in complete anguish didn't cause me to turn my head. It was the desperate plea and intense pain in her voice that stabbed at my chest and forced me to look back. There was just enough light for me to see her kneeling on the ground. She was soaked to the bone and hunched over as if trying to grab me from far away eventho it was pointless but still she kept trying.

My adrenaline rush ended abruptly as if there was someone inside me flipping a switch. I stop totally exhausted and hurting so bad inside as if that knife that already stabbed me, wrenched my heart out too. You know what's weird? I can't tell if I'm crying. I know I'm sobbing and choked up from the insanity that's going on, but I can't tell if I'm crying because of the rain. I just hurt and I don't move from where I've stopped. Now I'm torn again, which seems to be happening a lot with Fiona since meeting her. Torn between love, fear and hatred of Fiona. I thought everything was gonna be fine with us but seeing what she was capable of ... I don't know what to think. But what hurts the most were the secrets. Why couldn't she just tell me instead of me having to find out about this crap the hard way again???

God why must I be so scared? Everything frightens me now. That I fell in love with her, which is why the pain's so intense and I'm scared of what this all means. I can't keep going through this everything something comes up. Is it worth my sanity? Am I strong enough to break away? Or am I strong enough to stay?

Damnit! I just want to scream and I tear at my head, pulling my hair in heartache. The shock is too much to bear. I just want things normal again! Why can't anything be normal with me??? Why???!!!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:27:00 AM
:: Fiona knelt there with her arms wrapped tightly around herself, gasping for the breath to speak again ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:59:04 AM
I stay put, tho I'm shaking like a twig now with the cold rain. Damn weather. Snow's on the ground and the temperature is just right to allow this mess falling. Guess I'm calming down a bit to even realize what's going on around me.

Course now I'm wondering if anyone noticed the fight we had. Fiona was yelling pretty loud and all but most people seem to focused on running to their cars and buildings to care about some girls running around the grounds like crazy folk.

Looking at Fiona, damn. I'm still pissed and I'm not sure if I have the mental compassion to give a crap about what she has to say right now.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:10:39 AM
"Come home with me." she pleaded. "I want to go home."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:33:52 AM
I feel myself loosing it again and now I know those are tears in my eyes. "What?? You mean go ... go home like nothing happened???"

Unconsciously, I'm moving forward but I think I'm still in the same place. Even my perspective of Fiona is that she's far away no matter how close I get, forever unreachable.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:40:50 AM
"No ... but we need to go home!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:42:54 AM
My head starts shaking. "No! I can't keep doing this!!! This is too much for me!"

I turn away but I'm not running. I'm pacing back and forth with confliction and fear.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:46:42 AM
"He was going to kill you!!!" she cried.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:52:18 AM
I whirled around in anger. I think this is the first time I was so completely outta control angry with her. Last time I felt like this, someone's head went through a car window. "AGAIN??? I'm always in danger with you!!!"

My hands are balled into fists as they look around for something to punch. There was nothing, cept Fiona, and I'm thankfully with it enough to not lash out at her. "I'm not strong like you are!!!"

Now I'm full out crying because I'm so weak. "I'm just a regular person ... I can't be like you ..."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:03:36 AM
:: Fiona crawled back up to her feet and stood face to face with Michele. She was trembling, her mouth contorted in a pout as she spoke ::

"Please come home ... we can't stay here."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:23:08 AM
I'm still a bundle of emotions as we stare at one another but something inside me clicks. I guess one neuron of reason is working. "I need to get my things."

I walk pass her and go get my books and backpack, which is soaked, not a surprise but my biology book might as well be ruined. Sigh ... What else could go wrong? Wait! Please don't answer that!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:32:18 AM
:: Back at the apartment, Fiona unlocks the door and lets Michele go in ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:38:42 AM
I drop my wet backpack and book on the floor and head right for the bathroom and lock the door without a peep. I'm angry, wet and cold. I need a shower in a bad way to calm myself down if I'm even going to listen to Fiona.

The water is scalding hot but I need it. Makes me feel alive and snaps my mind outta the nightmare I saw, but everytime I close my eyes, I see Gregor's shocked expression on his face right before his head comes off ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:45:21 AM
:: Fiona fed Perceval in the meantime, then just sat at the table, still cold and wet as she finished crying ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:56:19 AM
I take a good 30 minutes to compose myself in the shower. When the water starts to sting my skin because it grew cold, I get out and dry off, taking my time. I take my time to do everything. Brush my hair, teeth and slip on my robe took lots of extra time as I realize I'm still too stunned to talk to her. But what am I gonna do? Stay locked up in the bathroom till I turn old and grey?

Course, I'm actually considering that as I lean up against the sink and chewing on my lip. I walk through that door and my life changes again. You'd think I'd be used to that considering I'm a foster kid but I loved how stable things were with Fiona. I felt safe and I finally had a home ... Now ... sigh. I don't know. I keep thinking I'm strong enough to be with Fiona but after tonight, I'm not so sure where my bravado went.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:00:11 AM
:: Fiona sat quietly, holding her head in her hands. Her face was obscured by tangled wet hair and she didn't seem to notice Michele walk in ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:02:43 AM
I have no idea what to say so I just walk on by like a coward into the kitchen. I rather say nothing then blow up. Hot chocolate is needed in a bad way right now ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:16:05 AM
:: Fiona looked up, and entered the the kitchen to reach for a paper towel to dry her face off ::

"Michele."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:53:36 AM
I move away from her so she can get whatever she wants. The water is still boiling so I grab a cup and hide at the other end of the kitchen.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:03:41 PM
:: Fiona sighed, hanging her head ::

"I'm not a monster, Michele."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:06:45 PM
"Really?" I say all in shock like a total bitch. "You coulda fooled me with the head chopping."

The kettle whistle blows and I go to fetch it.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:13:44 PM
:: Fiona looked up with wide eyes ::

"I had no choice. Would you prefer that it was me?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:21:00 PM
I slam my fist on the counter and growl. "Did I say that??? Did I hint at that??? Don't presume to know how I feel!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:24:36 PM
:: Fiona jumped slightly and chewed her fingertip ::

"No!!!"

:: she swallowed hard, wanting to cry again ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:38:42 PM
I make my hot chocolate and stir it in silence. I just want quiet but her quiet sobs are making me on edge. Again, my heart is being pulled towards yelling at her and hugging her. Space. I need space so I grab my mug and go into the living room.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:43:24 PM
:: Fiona retreated to the shower, and stayed hidden in her room ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:51:34 PM
Guess the couch is mine tonight. Which is really messed up since I'm not the one in trouble. What's up with that?

Okay, bad humor but humor none-the-less.

Perc climbs up into my lap and that's when I break out into a crying fit. I guess I realize just how alone I am right then and there balled up with bundles of angry, pain and fright. I don't know what to do. My life has revolved around Fiona and my plans involved spending my entire life with her. But I don't know if I can but where do I go? I have nothing. I've grown so dependant on her that I'm so terribly lost ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:05:15 PM
:: A half hour later Fiona came back out, and looked for Michele in the living room ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:08:22 PM
My hot chocolate was left untouched on the coffee table, long grown cold. I was wide awake and curled up on the couch and hugging Perc for comfort. I think my mind is blank right now because I can't remember the last time I blinked. All I keep doing is staring at the T.V and it has nothing on it.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:17:15 PM
:: Fiona slid the mug aside and sat down on the coffee table in front of her ::

"All I've ever wanted is to protect you. For you to be safe from as much of the shadows as I can make you."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:19:23 PM
My lips fall into a pout and I start crying again. "You didn't trust me..."

That was like the worse thing she could say right there. Well, one of the worse things. I mean, I strived my whole life to be self dependant and not be treated like a child.

And okay, maybe I can't handle all of this crap happening but I god damn warning would have been nice and then I coulda made my own decisions!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:23:17 PM
:: She dropped to her knees to hold Michele ::

"I didn't want to frighten you with more than you could handle. I didn't want you to be afraid of me!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:28:00 PM
Perc hops away, knowing that his presence is no longer needed but he sticks around to make sure we're gonna be all right. I kinda just flop into the embrace, exhausted physically and mentally. I just wanna sleep for like a week and wake up from this nightmare.

"I know you're not a monster ..." I sniff and rest my head on her shoulder. "It ... what I saw ... I ..."

I can't finish it. Seeing Fiona being jolted with electricity and walking away scares the hell outta me still.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:32:56 PM
"Shhhhhh ..." she hushed , holding Michele to soothe her.

""I'm alright."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:41:44 PM
I cling to her tightly and let it all out again. From Fiona being dead to not being dead and then realizing she had to kill Gregor because he was gonna kill me ...

Eh ... maybe she had a point about telling me too much too quickly ... Right now I'm not really caring. It feels good to be held by her right now eventho I'm sobbing my eyes out.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:04:21 PM
:: Fiona pressed her lips to Michele's cheek, letting her work through her tears until they passed. She raised Michele's chin gently and looked into her eyes ::

"Your chocolate is cold, luv. Did you want more?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:08:14 PM
As I look into her eyes, the love and devotion I see within them, I start to wonder if maybe things will be all right but I'm still terribly scared.

I wipe my eyes and find myself smiling. Just a tad tho. Let's not get hysterical here. "Yeah. Please. Thank you."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:14:02 PM
"Come on."

:: Fiona gave her a sweet kiss on the mouth and went back into the kitchen ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:27:06 PM
I sluggishly shuffle my way to the kitchen and sit down at the table, resting my head on my arms as I watch Fiona. I'm just too tired to talk much of anything right now.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:46:01 PM
:: Fiona set a slice of apple pie on the table, followed shortly by a fresh mug of hot chocolate. She sat down across from Michele and waited for her to speak when she was ready ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 22nd, 2006, 04:21:42 PM
Didn't I mention something about not wanting to be treated like a child? And here I am, digging into apple pie and hot chocolate but it really does help to soothe me.

Inbetween bites, I see Fiona is kinda watching and waiting over me, ready to run, cry, kiss, yell, or hug me depending on what I do. She's just as heartbroken as me ...

I set the fork down with a clang and wipe my mouth before mooshing my cheek against the palm of my hand and just wait for her to say something. I'm still too tongue tied to know what to say.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:49:55 AM
:: Fiona reached out timidly to touch Michele's elbow ::

"I'm sorry you had to see that."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:54:37 AM
I flinch but it was a reflex. I didn't mean and I frown. "Sorry ..."

I look down at my half eaten pie and flick a crumb away. "Better late then never eh?"

Yeah, that came off as snarky. I'm still a bit mad ...