PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth: Crossroads (Dasquian)

Terran Starek
Sep 9th, 2006, 12:29:45 PM
The transport came to a slow dock as the Jedi stood. The doors snapped open, and Terran Starek stepped down, out into the Spaceport. He scanned his credit stick at the ticket station, the automatic payment buzzing through as he continued on his way. He didn't have much time to waste. The Force was calling to him, urging him to continue. Something told him this was the right place.

His rendevouz with Alif on Kalee (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15122) had been exceptionally helpful, a staging point for his next move. He felt more confident than ever that he was on the right track. He was at the heels of the Jedi, and it would be soon that he would discover his brothers and sisters. He only hoped that there would be survivors, and that they would not have given up hope.

His datapad chirped when he arrived at the coordinates, although Terran was confident that he knew where he was. The was a different energy here, something more was happening than simply what appeared on the surface. The Jedi was used to this feeling.

"Can I help you, sir?" The receptionist of the lobby was kind, though businesslike. From what Terran could tell, she was very busy. It was hard to say precisely what was done here - surely some sort of front for what really went on.

"Indeed, you can," Terran responded politely, smiling warmly. "I'm here to meet with Dasquian Belargic." The Jedi spoke softly and coridally, but with confidence.

"Do you have an appointment? Mr. Belargic is very busy." Again, her cordial tone was rushed.

"No, I don't." Terran responded. He wasn't sure how a meeting like this was supposed to go, but he had his ways peacefully around the rules. "You can tell that I've traveled a long way, and that whatever I need is certainly important. You'll inform Mr. Belargic that I'm here to see him."

"I can tell you've traveled a long way, and whatever you need is certainly important." She responded, blankly. "I'll inform Mr. Belargic that you're here to see him. What is your name?"

"Illian," Terran responded. "Arik Illian. I'll wait right over here. Thank you." Terran smiled and found a chair in the lobby.

"Yeah . . . sure." The receptionist shook her head as she picked up the intercom.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 9th, 2006, 04:38:45 PM
“Mr Illian?” Terran looked up, and found a young Zabrak man smiling down at him. “If you'd like to follow me, Director Belargic is just about ready to see you.”

The Iridonian lead the way from the reception down a long corridor to a wide pair of doors with the number six airbrushed onto them. They slid open, just as Terran and the Zabrak were approaching, and a pair of pilots (dressed in their jumpsuits) emerged, chatting cheerfully. A man stood between them and gave them both a pat on the back as he bid them good day and good luck. His eyes then fell on the newly arrived Jedi.

“Arik, is it? Dasquian Belargic.”

They shook hands, and Dasquian motioned into the conference room. “Have a seat.”

Terran Starek
Sep 9th, 2006, 07:28:06 PM
"Yes, and thank you," Terran replied. He took the seat Dasqiuan motioned toward as the director found himself a seat as well. Dasquian Belargic looked about . . . well, like Terran would've expected, minus a moustache. The man had a more gentle demeanor than the Jedi would've supposed, considering that he was the head of a rather notorious organization.

"I'm glad to be here, Mr. Belargic." Terran smiled and could tell that the director was leaving the ball in his court. Afterall, the Jedi had gotten himself into this office by his own persuasion - he didn't have an appointment or a scheduled purpose, and Terran counted himself lucky to be granted audience. Terran was glad to see the door had been shut behind him.

"There's no need for any more games or formalities, Mr. Belargic - on my part, that is. And I should admit that I have come to you not enitrely in the truth." The Force told him to proceed - he could lose nothing in the trust of Dasquian. His insticts did not fail him often.

"My name is not Arik Illian, and I am not here to seek employment with the Rebellion, although I fully support its cause." Terran considered his next words carefully. The information he was about to give was exceptionally sensitive. "My name is Terran Starek, and I am a Jedi Knight, loyal to the Jedi Order and the Republic. I have come to you this way because I had no other choice."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:30:55 PM
“I fully understand your secrecy, of course,” Dasquian replied with a nod. Another Jedi! Though Dasquian's own knowledge of the Force was passing, he knew that meetings such as these could be no fault of coincidence. That the Rebellion should come into contact with no less than four Jedi in a matter of months seemed to suggest that there was some higher power at work.

“Thank you for investing your trust in us, Terran. How is it that we can be of assistance?”

Terran Starek
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:10:16 PM
Terran listened carefully as the director responded.

"I appreciate your willingness to help, Mr. Belargic. It is kind, and admirable." Terran continued. He could see that he had come to the right place.

"Before the Jedi were sent into exile, we pledged our allegiance to the Republic, as I'm sure you know. Many of us still share that sentiment." Surely, Dasquian knew these things - he was the chief intelligence operative. However, it was necessary to completely explain Terran's appearance.

"I have learned of the Rebel Alliance - more through the Empire's perverse media than firsthand - and I know within me, that you can be trusted it." Terran feared the next question.

"Have you. . .have you been contacted, or have you encountered others?" Terran clarified. "Others . . . as in other Jedi?" Terran's eyes were deep, his heart deeper. He wondered how close he was to his goal.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:20:36 PM
“We are regularly contacted by civilians from all walks of life, and all professions... including those who were once, or still consider themselves, Jedi,” the Director replied, with a slight smile as he saw the relief and happiness evidence in Terran's expression. “There are far more of you still out there than the Empire would have us believe,” he added, with a soft chuckle, his smile growing.

Terran Starek
Sep 10th, 2006, 09:06:34 PM
Terran did smile, and though he generally attempted to master his emotions, he let out a deep sigh. This was excellent news - the best he'd had since he'd discovered the whereabouts of the Rebel Alliance.

"That is wonderful news." He could tell that Dasquian was particularly sympathetic to the Jedi. Something within the other stirred at the talk of the Force Users. It seemed that maybe he himself had some sort of brush with the Force. Terran couldn't tell exactly what, especially since his mind was elsewhere.

"Tell me - what of the Order? Surely, with the Empire as it still is, things must be quiet. . .but. . .what news of it?" Terran was eager to know.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2006, 09:18:25 PM
“It is my understanding that some of your comrades are in the process of trying to rebuild the Jedi Order, by way of bringing together those Jedi who still remain loyal to the ideal of the Republic.”

Dasquian spoke with admiration clear in his voice. He felt a small sense of pride, at having been part of orchestrating the beginnings of the new Jedi Order.

“Of course, with the Empire watching for any sign of Jedi activity, it's no easy task. At present, merely the sight of Jedi coming together, after being separated for so long, is enough to fill us with hope that one day the Order will be returned to its former glory.”

Terran Starek
Sep 10th, 2006, 09:25:36 PM
"Ahhhh, hope indeed!" Terran was visibly excited. He had never had a family. He was a Jedi, a youngling, never a boy or brother or sister growing up. His father was the Republic, his mother the Force. This was the best news Terran had recieved in 20 years.

"I understand the risks, I do," Terran spoke half to Dasquian, half thinking-out-loud. "The Order must be rebuilt - but slowly. It must be reformed - but carefully. The time . . . the effort . . ." The Jedi found himself rambling.

"Pardon me, Mr. Belargic." He smiled. "This news gives me the hope that you've spoken of. The question remains . . . could I find my collegaues? Is there a safe place to seek them out?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2006, 09:30:29 PM
“Please, call me Dasquian,” the Rebel interjected, holding up a hand. “And yes, there is a good chance that you may be reunited with your fellow Jedi... though I am sure you understand when I say that I can't simply give your their names, locations and so forth. I can, however, contact those Jedi with whom I have already spoken, explain to them that you wish to rejoin them, and then we can come to some agreement on when and where you can meet. Does that sound satisfactory?”

Terran Starek
Sep 10th, 2006, 09:39:02 PM
"It is more than satisfactory, Dasquian," Terran replied. "It is most kind, and more than fair. I appreciate everything that you have done - everything." The Jedi looked deeply into the Director's eyes.

"Your aid will never be forgotten." Terran smiled, very pleased at their interaction. He wondered what the next step would be. Surely, the director would have the process in order.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:08:32 PM
“There is one thing that we must ask of you, however. While I set about getting in contact with the other Jedi, it would be of great help to us if you could spend some time working with our data archivers... sharing any information that you might believe to be of use, particularly on other Jedi we might encounter.” Dasquian paused then, the next topic somewhat delicate. “We also ask everyone who interacts with the Rebellion to undergo a physical check... blood samples and such like. I know, it seems a little drastic, but its a necessary precautionary measure.”

Terran Starek
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:34:00 PM
"Data archiving happens to be of special interest to me," Terran replied. He loved the learning and sharing of information, and it would be natural for him to return to a role that put his nose deep in data chips, archives, and books. "I'd be happy to help."

"And of course, I understand the security precautions you must take. I will comply with any and all tests that you need." Terran felt a sense of purpose - one he hadn't had for some time. It was good to have a real goal in mind, a clear idea about what was next.

"Also, during this period of time, should you need any aide in investigating claims or locations of these other Jedi, I would be happy to serve the Alliance in any way that I am able."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2006, 08:54:42 AM
“Thank you for the offer, Terran. I've no doubt that we will take you up on it in due time.”

Dasquian depressed a small button on the communication panel in front of him.

“Pevik... could you send one of the archivers to conference room six. I have someone here who I think they'd be pleased to speak with,” he said, looking up at the Jedi with a smile. “Also, have Danell prep a type two venipuncture test.”

There was a murmur of recognition in response, and Dasquian closed the channel. It was only a matter of moments before one of the archivers, an aging humanoid man, arrived. “If you'd like to follow Jorge, the two of you can get started on the data process... an agent will be along to meet you once the physical exam is ready.”

Terran Starek
Sep 13th, 2006, 11:03:17 AM
"Of course," the Jedi replied as the two men stood. He gave Dasquian a nod and a friendly smile - this was definitely a valuable meeting. There was no doubt that this would be the beginning of a beneficial and fruitful friendship. "May the Force be with you, Dasquian."

"This way, Sir," the older office, Jorge, stated as Terran exited the meeting room. The hallway was plain, sparsely decorated with a few accouterments. The entire building had a business-like feel to it. Terran followed the archiver down a few doors, coming to a room that was labeled, "Personnel Archives.'

"If you'd have a seat, sir," Jorge directed the Jedi to another seat in front of another desk. He had a datafolder in his arms, flipping it open and laying it out before the two. "I'll need to collect a few pieces of information before we send you to the examination room. From there, you'll be meet with an agent. Shall we?"

"Indeed," the Jedi replied.

"Let's start with your name."

---------------------------

The procedure hadn't taken long, and soon enough he was lounging in a large, comfortable chair in the examination room's lobby. The needles were so precise nowadays - Terran hadn't felt the sting, and there was only the faintest visible marking. Med droids were truly a blessing. Terran hated medical procedures. They were never his favorite. Though he was a healer, he never had fun going into a sick bay. He preferred the supernatural recovery the Force offered.

Terran sat patiently, reflecting on this day. Things were about to change for him - drastically, at that. It was a good change, but there were surely difficulties ahead.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2006, 04:03:10 PM
Agent Danell arrived promptly to the medical ward. As he walked in, he slipped a datapad that he had been reviewing into his back pocket and smiled at Terran.

“Hello, there,” he said, glancing over to the medical droid – now stationary. “I see the bolt bucket has already got your blood sample,” he added with a grin.

The Agent paced to the counter top where the phial of blood was being kept. He held the red liquid up to his eyes and gave the glass a little shake. “Amazing, how we can learn so much from so little, isn't it?” he asked, though it was mostly a rhetorical question.

He moved to a piece of equipment that seemed to stand out from the rest of the apparatus, and slid the tube inside. The machine began to whir, a little screen flickering on its right side. Danell made a few selections on the computer menus, then turned away, letting the test run its course.

“So,” he said, puffing out a breath of air as he folded his arms over his chest, “How did you find your way here, then?”

Terran Starek
Sep 15th, 2006, 01:25:42 PM
"It's quite a long story," the Jedi replied, a grin dancing on his lips. Danell gave him a look, a look that said, "And. . ." without saying anything at all. He had an expressive face. Terran liked that.

"I see you'll not have me hold back any details. Well then, where do I begin?" The Jedi relaxed his body, thinking about how precisely to tell his story. It had been the first time that it was ever asked of him, truly. For the past 20 years he'd been a no one . . . a face in the crowd.

Terran began with his survival of the Jedi Purge, the horrible sights and sounds he had experienced. He continued his escape of Order 66 and the crash of his escape ship into the lush jungles of Kashyyyk. He told of his emergence under the identity of Arik Illian, and the subsequent years he spent traveling. He taught history at several small universities around the galaxy, finally earning enough credits to "retire."

Taking on the guise of a traveling historian and collector of artifacts, Terran sought out all things related to the Jedi in an effort to understand. He wanted to understand what had happened to the Order. He wanted to understand where others - like he - were. Lastly, he wanted to understand how he could be a part of the regrowth process.

Now, with his fateful meeting with Alif, the Jedi had finally been directed to the heart of the Rebel Alliance - and the heart of hope. He was brought here by the Force, and he would contend that truth until his death. He awaited the Force's direction from here.

"It's been a long road," the Jedi concluded, noticing that (suprisingly!) Danell had not fallen asleep.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 15th, 2006, 04:53:40 PM
“Sounds like a bit of a perilous one. I've heard of more than one man going mysteriously missing for simply expressing interest in Jedi history. Of course with the death of the Emperor that won't be nearly so common, but at the height of it all.” Danell's shook his head. Something beeped, and the agent glanced over his shoulder. The screen of the machine analyzing the blood sample was flashing something, which caused Danell to give an appreciative – and somewhat relieved - 'whew'.

“You've still got a long way ahead of you though, eh?” he asked, as he removed the blood phial, storing it away in a small cooler.

Terran Starek
Oct 16th, 2006, 12:11:25 PM
"That is very true," the Jedi replied with a tired sigh. He did have a long road ahead of him. It would be an ardious journey to pinpoint the location of the other survivors. Not only that, it would be even longer to truly solidify the roots of a new Jedi Order. They would need proper resources, a good and encompassing code to work from, a strong Council, a good location . . . to name a few things! Still, the desire and the passion grew in his heart.

"It is my hope that through the gracious help of this organization, some of the journey will move a bit swifter." He smiled. "It's like you said - interest in the Jedi is still a bit of a dangerous thing. Finding others alone, as I have been trying, is as difficult finding a needle in a pile of Bantha hay."