PDA

View Full Version : Two problems

O.W. Outcast
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:41:52 PM
First problem involves me I'm supose to have access to BS hidden forum but Dale and sorsha can't figure out how to give me access. We have tried a few things but they didn't work. So they told me to ask the almighty admin staff for a bit of help on it.

Second one doesn't envolve me at all but one of your style sets I'm not sure if your aware but I figured I would add it anyway because I'm here anyway. But the Nual style set srews up the editor if you go to edit posts. It cuts the editor off so can't see the whole post to edit it. so you can't see or edit parts off what you type or if you try to it your doing it blind cause you can't see the what your typing. Just thought i would inform you if you didn't know. none of the other style sets suffer this problem that I have noticed.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:46:34 PM
extra info - He did ask to join BS and was accepted. He couldnt see the forum. When I kicked him out and he rejoined, that didn't work so not sure what the problem is :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 7th, 2006, 08:17:41 PM
I use the Nual style and I haven't had any problems with editing my posts. I'm not sure what it is you're saying - it cuts part of your post off so you can't see it? Are you doing the quick edit, or going advanced?

I think Ogre will have to look into the user group thing, but let me test something.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Sep 7th, 2006, 08:20:56 PM
My guess is that Ogre didn't set the permissions properly for Black Sun. :)

I don't have access to the user groups, so you'll have to wait on him.

O.W. Outcast
Sep 7th, 2006, 08:37:50 PM
To clarify the style problem.

When I go to edit in the Nual style set (not quick edit.) by clicking edit option at the bottom of my post. It cuts the text box off right after the save button so anything typed past the save button can not be seen. There is no scroll bar or anything that apears so I can see what i typed past the save.

I hope that clarifies it a bit better.

maybe it is the quick edit I'm really not sure now but which ever it is. it's mess up for me. lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 7th, 2006, 11:30:15 PM
That is what I meant by quick edit. And how would you type past the save button, exactly?

I haven't noticed a scroll bar either, but most of my posts have been very short. I go into the advanced edit most of the time anyway - click edit and then into advanced mode from there.

But its an answer Ogre probably has as well, because I don't know.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2006, 12:55:48 AM
Both issues should now be resolved.

Estelle Russard
Sep 8th, 2006, 08:23:15 PM
I cant seem to copy and paste on the new set. I used to always copy my post before previewing it, incase the comp gliched and I lost it all. But, as I say, I cant copy anything.

PS) LD or Miranda - I also dont have access to the BS forum under Bambi Maddox (last time I checked)

Estelle Russard
Sep 8th, 2006, 08:23:39 PM
edit out sig.

grrrrrrrrrr.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 8th, 2006, 08:25:56 PM
you can edit out your sig under advance options when the edit window comes up.

Access should be changed .. so check Bambi now :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2006, 08:40:16 PM
I cant seem to copy and paste on the new set. I used to always copy my post before previewing it, incase the comp gliched and I lost it all. But, as I say, I cant copy anything.

PS) LD or Miranda - I also dont have access to the BS forum under Bambi Maddox (last time I checked)Select the text and press ctrl-c to copy, then use ctrl-v if you need to paste in a message box.

Estelle Russard
Sep 8th, 2006, 08:59:51 PM
Thanks, both. The copy thing was very frustrating. Actually, so was the sig edit thing too.

Some days Im just useless.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 8th, 2006, 09:06:21 PM
not useless, just a new layout that is making everyone bonkers. Including me!

:hug