PDA

View Full Version : To All My Boys in the Kitchen

Terran Starek
Sep 4th, 2006, 06:50:21 PM
You know, some people buy into the myth that men generally don't know how to cook or don't like it. This may be true of some men. But there are those out there who can cook and thoroughly enjoy it.

I cook probably 75% of the meals for my wife and I, and I really love making dinner for her. It feels great to work hard on something and enjoy a great payoff. Not only is she honored by the service, but we both enjoy an awesome meal (usually). :D

Tonight, I made grilled chicken alfredo with broccoli. I rubbed two chicken breasts with italian spices and herbs and grilled them until they were tender. I made a bed of angel hair spaghetti and sauteed a creamy parmesean and garlic spiced alfredo sauce with broccoli in it. I cut up the chicken breasts and served it with baked garlic toast. She really liked it. :)

Anyway, this thread is for all those Fans guys who can - and are willing - to cook. I know you're out there. :)

Khendon Sevon
Sep 4th, 2006, 08:57:56 PM
Every restaurant I know has men in the kitchen...

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 4th, 2006, 09:05:04 PM
One of my friends loves cooking, and he's pretty good at it. I want to learn, but have had some difficulty.

Park Kraken
Sep 4th, 2006, 09:13:42 PM
I can grill and fry mostly, and I can bake some things as well. I wouldn't mind trying the Chinese style, I forgot what they called those style of pans....

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 4th, 2006, 09:23:36 PM
They're called woks.

Byl Laprovik
Sep 4th, 2006, 09:38:35 PM
I used to be a good cook.

Terran Starek
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:19:03 AM
Every restaurant I know has men in the kitchen...

That's different. I worked as a waiter/cook at Garfield's (like Chili's) for a year and a half and it seems like most girls don't like commercial kitchens because they're hot, they're messy, and the clean-up is far from glamorous. Plus, male chefs that dominate the food industry are nothing compared to the ammount of women cooking at home for their husbands on a day-to-day basis.

I'm talking about domestic, not commercial. :)

I used to be a good cook.

Used to be? What happened?

Kraehe Branwen
Sep 10th, 2006, 12:08:39 PM
My husband generally can't cook, but he can bake the frozen pizza better than I can. :P

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2006, 12:19:45 PM
Used to be? What happened?

I started taking over the cooking duties :)

Byl Laprovik
Sep 10th, 2006, 12:22:03 PM
Exactly. It's not a totally bad thing, since she's usually pretty good at it.

Park Kraken
Sep 10th, 2006, 02:43:11 PM
We'll see who's the better cook next summer. :shakefist

Travis North
Sep 10th, 2006, 03:33:14 PM
The great feeling of accomplishment is wonderful. Seeing those whom you cook for enjoy the meal you create, just awesome. If I could I'd always be busy in the kitchen but there are only three meals in the day and only one which I can really prepare for the entire family, supper.

My goal after finishing school is to work in an established restaurant, and someday possibly run my own. But until then, it's studying and practice.

Kraehe Branwen
Sep 10th, 2006, 04:09:13 PM
You must be lucky to have grateful people to cook for. Everytime I cook my husband always has something to complain about even if I did it perfectly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2006, 05:33:04 PM
Well then, Zatania m'dear, the solution is simple. Next time he does something nice for you, complain about it. Like, maybe make him make dinner some night, and do the exact same thing to him that he does to you :)

Jaime Tomahawk
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:13:03 PM
You must be lucky to have grateful people to cook for. Everytime I cook my husband always has something to complain about even if I did it perfectly.

The best revenge is complain about his ability in bed.

I wish I had more time for cooking. I honestly just cant spend the time anymore to do somehing nice for myself for dinner.

Kraehe Branwen
Sep 11th, 2006, 09:57:48 AM
Well then, Zatania m'dear, the solution is simple. Next time he does something nice for you, complain about it. Like, maybe make him make dinner some night, and do the exact same thing to him that he does to you :)

Thats suicide! Unless I supervise he can't even make eggs properly(he makes them runny bleh!).

The best revenge is complain about his ability in bed.

That I can't complain about. o.o If he were my ex, then I could. :P

I just don't make him breakfast in the morning. :D It irritates him cuz he loves my eggs even if he DOES complain.