PDA

View Full Version : Abounding Coincidences - Happy New Years?

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:26:28 PM
:: The level of turmoil had settled a bit after the destruction of Cedrick's Haven. The Nosferatu had met with the final death at the hands of an unknown enemy, and the Primogen was investigating the possible causes. Fiona's immediate concern was with Michele at the moment. Khalid would have to wait.

Fiona walked into the bedroom, and sat at the foot of the bed ::

"Hey." she greeted softly as her lover stirred.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:33:44 PM
The bed has been my home for the last day, only moving about to get something to eat or head to the bathroom if needed. Needless to say, I'm still coming to terms with what happened. I saw first hand what it was like being Fiona with the Supernatural element running amuck in the city. I've been questioning my sanity and safety. And I wasn't too hurt thankfully from the explosions. Mostly some minor cuts and bruises. Fiona had them too but man did she heal quickly. There wasn't even a scratch on her more, where my skin was pink and crusty from healing. Wish I had her genes.

But anyway, I've been wondering if things happened with Fiona too fast. Overnight we became lovers instead of just friends and I moved in with her AND I learned about Vampires. That was in the span of two weeks. I hadn't gone insane until the night we were to meet Cedric. Well, maybe not insane. Maybe just scared outta my mind and depressed because I really have to wonder if this is the life I wanna lead.

I feel the bed move and mutter a 'Hey' back.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:40:36 PM
"This isn't good for you, staying like this. Come with me and get some air."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:44:44 PM
I grumble and pull a pillow over my head, mumbling about how I'm comfortable here. The bed is warm and secure. I don't want to be anywhere else, especially being beat up still. I have a few bruises, mainly on my back, from the rubble that hit me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:47:29 PM
"Alright. At least come out into the living room. Please."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:51:38 PM
I sigh heavily and grumble once again. I don't want to move but I can hear it in her voice, the concern for me. So, I reluctantly shove the pillow off of me and roll towards the edge of the bed. "Kay."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:55:22 PM
:: She gave Michele's hand a squeeze and led the way out into the living room ::

"So, lunch time. What would you like to eat, luv?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:57:52 PM
I shrug. "I dunno. Not really all that hungry."

I let go of her hand and plop down on the couch.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:03:35 PM
"Oh? Well I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Look at this."

:: She handed Michele an advertisement from Subway ::

"Buy any two hot and toasty subs and get a third one free."

:: She watched Michele's face closely ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:07:50 PM
My stomach growls then, forcing me to rub it. Fiona knows me too well. She figured out shrimp rather quickly but soon found out my other passion was subway.

"Okay, okay. I'll get my usual. Turkey, bacon ranch." I look at her through my narrow slits for eyes, hoping she was happy now.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:17:11 PM
:: Fiona smiled sweetly at her before planting a kiss on her lips, then scampered to the kitchen. Picking up the cell phone, she made the order ::

"Yes, I'd like the triple submarine sandwich deal. One Turkey Bacon Ranch, one Meatball Marinara, and one Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, please."

:: A mrrrow was heard at Fiona's feet ::

:cat

"Oh yes, and one tuna wrap. Thank you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:23:24 PM
Seeing Perc meowing his order was cute and I smile. Just a tiny smile tho before I lay down again. My head was getting dizzy, course that's what happens when you lay in a dark room for over a day. The light! It burns!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:27:30 PM
:: Fiona put the phone in it's charger and fetched a big comfy pillow from the bedroom ::

"Alright, is there anything else you'd like while I dash out?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:29:30 PM
Perc hops onto the couch and lays against my tummy. He purrs happily as I pet him with the back of my hand. "No. I'm good."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:34:35 PM
:: She pets Michele's hair and kisses her on the forehead ::

"Good. I'll be back soon."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:37:28 PM
Eventually my hand goes limp against Perc and I fight to keep my eyes open. I fail and they concede to their fate as I drift back into sleep again.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:43:39 PM
:: A short time later, Fiona returns with their lunch, as well as a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a box of fresh brownies ::

"Yoo hoo." she cooed as she stepped in the door.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:59:06 PM
My eyes crack open at the sound of her voice and with a hearty yawn, I stretch along the length of the couch. I shake out the sleepies and peek over at Fiona.

I saw ... MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM!!!

So, for the first time since the warehouse incident my eyes were truly open, not this half baked sense of awareness that I was living in, and found myself in the kitchen, helping her get out glasses and napkins for us to eat with.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:04:31 PM
"I knew this would break the spell." she laughed.

:: She put the desserts away and gave Perceval his tuna wrap, then settled down at the table ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:25:38 PM
"You know me surprisingly well already." It was kinda scary that she did. I mean, we've only know each other for a month for crying out loud. But don't get me wrong, It was the good kinda scary. The good kinda scary that started pushing some of those relationship doubts to the side.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:35:08 PM
:: She passed Michele her sub and drink and eagerly nibbled on her sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub ::

"Cirque du Soleil is on tonight ..." she said between bites.

"... and then Danny Kaye!!! Inspector General." :)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:41:17 PM
"The only thing that I got was Danny Kaye," I say between my own nibbling. Mmmm bacon ranch sammich. Course, my hungry tummy demands more and I end up scarfing it down like it was my last meal.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:49:34 PM
:: Fiona's jaw dropped in disbelief ::

"Oh! You've never seen Cirque du Soleil??? It's the best circus on earth, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:51:49 PM
I wipe away the crumbs around my lips, the last few remains of my sandwich. "Oh. It's a circus?"

Then I frown. "Why would I wanna go to a circus?"

Clowns, smelly elephants and people being shot outta cannons really isn't my style. The only thing I'd be awake for is the lions and tigers. I love my big kitties.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 06:06:55 PM
"It's on television, luv."

:: She paused to relish the last bite of her sub, and licked the teriyaki from her fingertips ::

"We're going to have fun tonight."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 06:09:20 PM
"Okay, I restate. Why would I want to watch a circus on TV?" I stick out my tongue like a brat and get up to throw my wrappings away.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 06:20:51 PM
"OH!!! Don't you stick that tongue at me unless you mean it!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 06:32:10 PM
I roll my eyes but smiling the entire time before I sneak my head into the fridge and grab me some delicious, chocolately goodness in the name of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:08:54 PM
"Would you like me to make some grasshoppers?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:10:49 PM
Heh. "I'm going to assume that tastes a lot better then it sounds."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:22:06 PM
:: Fiona shook her head and laughed ::

"You have been neglected, haven't you?"

:: She reached for some tall glasses and a bottle of Godiva chocolate liqueur ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:41:54 PM
"Well, I did grow up sheltered." Ba da dum, tish.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:47:30 PM
:: Fiona winced, but still chuckled as she began mixing the ice cream and liqueur in the blender, then served it on the counter with a brownie on the side ::

"Try that." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:51:43 PM
After eating some hot food, and I mean spicy hot food, and exotic cuisine, I always sniff at the food first like some curious animal. I dunno, not like it's gonna help my taste buds out but I guess it gives me a bit of comfort that I might actually like it.

I dig in and WOW! This stuff is awesome!!! Chocolately chip goodness, ontop of brownie chocolately goodness with more chocolately goodness mixed in.

Methinks I shall die and go to heaven tonight. And I also realize that Fiona was right. This was a great way to break me outta my funk and gives me more reason to love her.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:09:10 PM
:: A few hours and several drinks later, the two were in the center of the living room, singing "Walk like an Egyptian" at the top of their lungs on the karoake machine ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:11:27 PM
At the end of the song, I lean against the love seat for support as a giggling fit takes over. God. I haven't been this tipsy since the beginning of High School.

Okay. Maybe drunk ...

"I can't believe you have this thing!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:17:33 PM
:: Fiona leaned on Michele as she laughed, then pulled herself up ::

"Sit down, I have more!!!" :lol

:: She pressed a few buttons on the deck, then scurried down the hall ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:23:49 PM
I have this total giddy look on my face like what Fiona just said, was the funniest thing evah! I wipe away a tear and into the loveseat, lazily dangling a leg off the arm.

"So, more what?" I yell out towards the hallway before finishing off my beer.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:27:01 PM
:: A moment later, Fiona sashayed back into the room, stripped all the way down to her skimpies as the bassline from the speakers hit. Prancing and strutting to the groove, she grabbed the microphone and sang her heart out to Michele ::

"Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do

Tonight, I wanna give it all to you
In the darkness
There's so much I wanna do
And tonight, I wanna lay it at your feet
cause girl I was made for you
And girl you were made for me

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me?

Tonight, I wanna see it in your eyes
Feel the magic
There's something that drives me wild
And tonight, were gonna make it all come true
cause girl you were made for me
And girl I was made for you

And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

And I can give it all to you baby
Can you give it all to me

Oh, can't get enough, oh, oh
I can't get enough, oh, oh
I can't get enough

Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do

I was made for lovin you baby
You were made for lovin me
And I cant get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

Oh, I was made, you were made
I cant get enough
No, I cant get enough

I was made for lovin you baby
You were made for lovin me
And I cant get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:38:42 PM
And here I thought my Christmas present was outta this world! Hell no!! I got my babe prancing about in front of me giving me a lap dance. How awesomely insane is that?! Course this is way better then a strip club ... I get to grope!

Then of course there's my baby singing to me. I always enjoyed her voice since we met at school, but having her voice all deep and sexy ... Mmmm ... I definitely have to keep my inhibitions in check so she can finish her song.

God! Hehehehehehehe ... I've never been soooooo in looooooooove. Why the hell was I all mopey and crap this morning. We're alive and having fun! All that matters!!!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:10:31 PM
:: Fiona sat on Michele's lap, lacing her arms around her neck and dipped down, inadvertantly pulling them both to the floor ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:15:38 PM
We topple to the floor and I'm laughing madly into Fiona's shoulder as I fall on top of her! I'm laughing so hard that my ribs hurt and there's tears in my eyes. And for the life of me, I have no idea why this is so funny!!!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:35:52 PM
:: Fiona joined Michele in the giggling fit as she squirmed her way out from underneath her ::

"So sorry!!! I'll go fetch some ale!!!"

:: rising up, she wobbled a bit, chuckling giddily at Michele as she scampered off to the kitchen ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:50:09 PM
I wipe away the tears and crawl back onto the seat. "Course! We need more ale in order to regain our sense of balance."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 06:50:45 PM
"The ale is gone!!!" she cried. "Would you like some mead???!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 06:54:33 PM
"Mead?" My eyes dart to and fro as I figure out what the hell mead is. They narrow and then open as a thought begins to form! But ... it quickly fades away as I realize meal is not the same as mead. Still, I wonder if corn meal could be made into mead!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:01:51 PM
"Mead!!!"

:: Fiona sat down with legs akimbo, setting a goblet down in front of her on the floor ::

"Nectar of the gods, Miss Hawkins!" she exclaimed in delight, and managed to pour it into the goblet without spilling a drop.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:04:39 PM
"Necter of the gods?" Fiona's gone crazy and talking weird again. I get up, well, I kinda roll off the love seat and crawl my way over to her. I lay on my belly and shake the bottle the mead came outta. It made a cool sloshy noise ... So I had to do it again ... and again ... and again ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:08:41 PM
"Och, careful with that! Twas brewed in the summer country, and that's a very long way from here."

:: Fiona took the bottle away and sipped, licking her lips blissfully. She looked at Michele, waiting for her to take the goblet ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:15:26 PM
I sniff the goblet and it smells like honey. My eyes light up and I take a sip, my elbows are against the floor making sure I keep the cup steady.

"Mmmm!" I purr into the goblet while I'm still drinking. I'm not gonna choke right?

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:36:41 PM
:: Fiona took a longer draught from the bottle and lazily sang in gaelic. Then she shifted to english ::

"...we are the wee
as you can see
so wild and free
so sing the wee."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:44:04 PM
My feet lazily swing back and forth, mezmorized by Fiona's singing. "Wha' language was tha? The one before you switched?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:48:48 PM
"Gaelic." she replied, stretching her legs.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:50:41 PM
"Doesn't like ... hardly anyone speak tha' anymore?" I know it's not a dead langauge but most people just know a few phrases or words ... At least that's what I remember through the haze of booze.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:52:57 PM
:: Fiona laughed heartily ::

"It depends on where you are. Not too many in this city, no." :D

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:55:17 PM
I finally realize that my speaking has become slurry and stupid. "God. I haven't been this messed in a long time."

I get to my feet, using the kitchen table for support so I can stretch my drunkened self.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:16:36 PM
"Where are you going?"

:: Fiona scurried to catch up, suprisingly agile in her condition ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:18:40 PM
"Um .." I lazily point behind me towards the bedroom. "I was gonna go ta bed."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:21:51 PM
"Oh, alright."

:: She led Michele down the hall and curled up into bed with her ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:36:25 PM
I was tired as hell and really couldn't keep my eyes opened anymore. Warm bed was calling me, but still, this was the perfect ending to a less then perfect start to the day. I have my love curled up in my arms and I fall asleep with a smile.

Fiona was right. We had fun today.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 01:00:43 PM
:: The next day, Fiona lazily hopped out of bed and into the workout room after brushing her teeth. Taking the katana from it's stand, she began a kata, letting her mind relax for a time. ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 01:10:18 PM
"Uuuggghhhhh ...." My mouth is dry and I feel like my head's gonna fall off my shoulders any minute cuz there's a guy drilling a holl through it. I fall outta bed, literrally, and splash some water on my face to break the spell.

It doesn't work. Sigh.

So I go hop in the shower to at least break the fog further. Afterwards, I drink some water and brush my teeth and then I throw some comfy clothes on. Upon leaving the nice dim bedroom, my eyes are forced into tiny cracks as the afternoon sun threatens to give me a migraine. I can't even think about food now so I kinda wander about looking for Fiona to see what sorta shape she's in.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 01:30:25 PM
:: Fiona worked herself up into a dance like pace, fast and flowing as she and the sword were one. She didn't notice Michele enter the room until she was finished, and the look on her face was one of suprise ::

"Good morning, luv."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 01:51:05 PM
I watched her silently, again in awe of her ability. She's like a deadly angel with amazing grace and power that makes my heart envious. The only thing that was surprising, is that Fiona didn't even know I was there. Usually she's good about spotting me behind her back. Guess she was in the zone.

"Morning." I start to clap but, ow ow, loud noise. "Amazing like always."

I rub my head.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:03:53 PM
:: Fiona gave a formal bow of her head and returned the sword to it's stand ::

"Do you hurt?"

:: She walked over to kiss her cheek ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:06:11 PM
"Everytime I breathe ..." Her lips soothed me for a brief moment. "But it was worth it. Though how you're all chipper this morning is beyond me. I want your genes."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:11:37 PM
:: She looked down at herself ::

"I think I should put some on." she grinned.

"Let me hop into the shower, and then I'll fix breakfast. Whatever you want."

:: She disappeared into the bedroom again ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:13:43 PM
"Huh?" The joke kinda went over my head. I was more concerned by the fact that for the life of me, I didn't notice she was wearing nothing but her underwear!!!

Hangovers suck. Just don't tell Fiona I didn't notice ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:17:55 PM
:: Ten minutes later she was back in the kitchen again ::

"Tea or Coffee?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:22:14 PM
I fall into a chair inside the kitchen. "Think tea would be better this time ..."

And two seconds later, my head is all snug between my arms on the table. Yay darkness!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:26:36 PM
:: Fiona paused, wandering over to the chair and using her fingers to massage Michele's head. Within a few moments, her pain began to recede ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:30:44 PM
My bloodshot eyes look around as if a miracle happened to me! My headache was completely gone. I mean, I still feel like someone hit me with a semi but the pounding migraine vanished.

I puff out a chuckle and take one of Fiona's hands, kissing is softly. "Now you have another reason why your hands are so magical. But seriously ..." I lean back and rest my head against her stomach. "... what did you do?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:36:08 PM
:: She rubbed Michele's cheeks as she answered ::

"Oh, just something I learned from a guru. What would you like to have?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:37:27 PM
"I'm lucky to have you as my guru." I sigh in bliss. "Pancakes?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:42:21 PM
"Pancakes!" she exclaimed. "Splendid. What kind would you like? Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples and cinnamon, banana nut, or chocolate chip?

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 07:59:12 PM
I chuckle. My headache might be gone but my stomach was still a tad queesy. "Anything that won't make me hurl."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 7th, 2006, 01:52:15 PM
:: Fiona poured Michele a cup of ginger tea ::

"That should help the belly."

:: She kissed her on top of the head and set about dicing some apples for breakfast. A short time later, a hot stack of cinnamon apple pancakes was served ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:38:15 PM
With my big tasty smelling breakfast before me, I look up at Fiona with a lot of gratitude for taking care of my sorry self today. "I love you."

Then I dig in :D

Fiona Devlin
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:50:42 PM
:: Fiona beamed and nibbled happily on some crispy bacon ::

"Feeling any better, luv?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:52:28 PM
I eat slowly, making sure I don't get all nauseaous. But with that and small sips of tea, my stomach settles and I feel some energy returning to my body.

"Yeah, thanks" I smile before taking another bite.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 7th, 2006, 08:13:09 PM
"I think we should go out today. That new Pirate movie is playing. Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman."

:: Her eyes sparkled with mischief ::

"What a great snog those two would make." :mneh

Michele Hawkins
Sep 7th, 2006, 08:15:31 PM
I actually snort. Bleh. I do that went something funny catches me off guard. "I don't know what to say to that really since I have no idea what the hell a 'snog' is! But going out to the movies does sound lovely."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 09:40:41 AM
"I'll go snag a paper, and contraband."

:: She looked at the last piece of bacon ::

"Did you want that?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 09:42:25 AM
'Heh, no." I offer my plate. "All yours."

I keep my confusion about the snag/snog thing to myself.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 12:58:08 PM
:: She wandered off to fetch her boots with the bacon in her mouth, and then was out the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:01:06 PM
I stretch my sorry self all the way to the bedroom and throw on some clothes. Fresh air will do me some good to wash away the last bit of hangover haze. I head downstairs and wrap an arm around Fiona, who was waiting for me right outside.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:24:26 PM
:: Fiona nuzzled Michele and off to the store they went. She passed the newspaper to Michele and she went skipping off to buy snacks ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:28:08 PM
I didn't have to flip to far into the Trib to find out we made the news. Page 3 - Warehouse Explosion. There were no eye witnesses and no leads as to who caused it. No one was found dead on site which was a bonus to the reporter, but little did they know a few Vamps got dusted because of it. Everything points to arson.

Lovely.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:37:12 PM
:: Fiona in the meantime, was busy in the gourmet jellybean aisle ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:41:13 PM
I eventually find her down one of the asiles and shove the newspaper in her face. "Neat read huh?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:50:08 PM
:: The look on Fiona's face darkened as she read the headline ::

"Very ..."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 01:51:40 PM
I don't see that look too often.

"I'll grab a Sun Times too to take home so we can catch up."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 02:03:08 PM
:: Fiona blinked her gloom away ::

"Do you like pinacolada?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 02:05:49 PM
"Love it," I say over my shoulder as I went to go fetch another paper.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 02:16:44 PM
:: Fiona met her at the counter and paid for the snacks. Gourmet jellybeans and chocolate covered cashews ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 02:19:33 PM
My nose was buried in the newspaper as we head outside to the car. Times wasn't much help. Nothing really to report that the Trib didn't cover. Police would be doing an investigation as to what the arson used to start the fire but no one was really causing a fuss over it. It was a condemned building after all.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 02:50:24 PM
:: Fiona touches her shoulder as she reads over it ::

"Are you okay?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 02:53:58 PM
My answer is very honest. "Not really. I just wish I knew who did this and who the target was. Cedric or you."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 9th, 2006, 03:01:24 PM
:: She waited until they were in the car ::

"Whatever Cedric knew, someone didn't want him telling."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 9th, 2006, 03:03:12 PM
"I just hope that no one knew we were there. Yeah the paper says no witnesses, but that doesn't mean crap in a city like this."

Supernatural city galore right? Who knows who saw what from the shadows eh? Plus, things have settled inside me. Not just physically. Last night proved I could move past the insanity and just be with the woman I love. I love Fiona, probably more then I should considering but I dunno. Everything just feel so right and the danger we were placed in ... It doesn't matter. I'm willing to go through it again. And besides, it was a good wakeup call to what my life is going to be about. I have to be that kid five years ago when I was in with the wrong kinda people and channel that when needed. It helped me to survive that nightmare. It can for this one.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:02:46 AM
"I didn't think you were ready to talk about this."

:: She caught Michele's hand and held it ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:12:46 AM
"Yeah well, I realized how stupid I was behaving. I'm better then that." I fold the newspaper close on my lap and give Fiona's hand a squeeze. "I kinda realized that last night."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:15:05 AM
:: Fiona was serious ::

"I'm sorry, about all of this. I just thank god you weren't hurt."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:19:02 AM
"Well, I'm glad you weren't either." I kiss her hand. "Everything happens for a reason and accept what it means to be with you."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:22:53 AM
"I'll need to meet with the Primogen this evening, but don't worry. You don't have to come."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:25:37 AM
I chuckle. "Good. Not sure what I'd do in front of a bunch of Vamps that ran the city."

I have a sinking suspicion that I'd be under more scrutiny then the other way around.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:45:23 AM
:: She pet Michele's shoulder for comfort and smiled ::

"Shall we go?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:23:10 PM
"Yeah," I give her one more smile before tossing the paper in the back seat. "Let's get outta here."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:28:10 PM
:: Two hours later, they walked out of the movie theatre with Fiona whistling the Pirate song ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:31:27 PM
Okay. That movie was awesome. Captain Jack Sparrow is the man. And as wonderful as Portman acting was, I think Fiona would've made a better Elizabeth. Call me crazy. I can't believe I missed this movie when it when it came out during the summer, but thankfully some of the smaller theaters around here still have it.

"That monkey was awesome. Good thing we stayed till the credits ended, eh?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:46:51 PM
:: Fiona went deer in headlights again, the same look she had at the docks two nights ago. Her gaze finally settled on a darkly dressed man on a motorcycle. There was a hint of recognition in her eyes ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:49:38 PM
I'm talking to myself again. "Earth to Fiona, come in Fiona."

That was when I stop and realize something was amiss. She had that weird look on her face again, so I follow her line of vision and notice some guy on a bike. "Someone you know?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:51:53 PM
"Gregor ..." she muttered, right before he came speeding at them to run them down.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:57:59 PM
Okay, psycho nut is driving on the sidewalk??? What the hell??? People scatter, including us. I have to pull away from Fiona as I dive behind the back end of a parked car.

With my new attitude about this entire insane situation, I don't freak out. I'm more pissed then anything that the crazies are happening again so soon. But I remember the promise I made to myself.

I yell over to Fiona but I don't move from my spot. "What the hell's his problem???"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:19:12 PM
:: Fiona fought off the instinct to pursue him after she dove out of the way, and accepted the hand of another movie-goer as he helped her up ::

"Thank you." she replied. "I'm okay."

:: She walked back over to Michele, mouthing words silently at her ::

(Let's go home)

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:22:09 PM
Most of the people were too busy gawking after Gregor's antics, but there were still a few making sure we were all right. I thank them but I'm more concerned about Fiona. "Yeah," I brush her hair as we start walking down the street.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:36:05 PM
:: Fiona was walking at a brisk pace, but not too fast for Michele to keep up. The look on her face was raw intensity as they reached the Shelby ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:38:47 PM
We're not the only ones on the sidewalk so I have to keep the burning questions to myself. Obviously Fiona knows this guy but how he fits into things is puzzling. All I know is she wants to get outta here in a hurry and I'm good with that.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:45:15 PM
:: Fiona sat in the car, taking a breath to calm herself before driving. She turned to look at Michele but said nothing ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:46:59 PM
I look at her expectantly, but then she turns away, like she has no idea what to say. Okay.

"So ... who's Gregor?" I ask again. "Some jilted ex-lover that wants you dead?" I'm kidding of course. Just trying to lighten the mood. Humor is my friend now when weird crap goes on. It's better then freaking right?

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:54:48 PM
:: Fiona made a yuk face at the thought of bedding him and shook it out of her mind ::

"Someone who's playing the wrong kind of game, that's who."

:: Her tone was calm, but dangerous as they drove to the corner ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:58:46 PM
"Hmm ..." I purse my lips in thought as my mind actually thinks about what happened to us at the warehouse clearly for the first time. "Did he have something to do with Cedric maybe?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:08:03 PM
"You're damn right he did."

:: A motorcycle flew past them then, and Fiona hit the gas as the light turned green ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:10:45 PM
My head snaps towards the direction that the bike zoomed off in. "Great. So now he's after you?"

The force of the car speeding off pushes me back into my seat. "Gah!"

I hang on for dear life. "I still disbelieve you're merely a lowly gopher!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:29:36 PM
:: Fiona went after the motorcycle until it flew past the next light at the red, and she stopped short and swore as she lost him ::

"Sorry, I let my temper get the better of me."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:33:07 PM
"No worries." My voice was shaken with how fast we were going. I mean, Fiona can have a bit of a lead foot but she never was reckless. "Gonna tell the head Vamps about him and let them take care of it?"

I turn towards her and notice that her attention was still focused to where Gregor disappeared. "I mean, it would be better right?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:37:00 PM
"Aye." she replied solemnly, hiding her eyes beneath her driving shades.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:38:20 PM
Well, Fiona wasn't much for talking so I let it slide. Lovely way to end our date too. Bleh. But, I must look on the positive side. There was no boom and a hail of rubble, so I guess I should count my blessings.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:15:05 PM
:: Back at the apartment, Fiona fell into her favorite chair, and she chewed her lip pensivley ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:18:08 PM
I raise a brow at that but soon I'm draped over her lap as I fall over the side of the chair. I rest my head against the arm and smile up her. "Don't get so broody that you end up like me."

Making fun of yourself is good therapy!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:26:21 PM
"Ohhhh!" she cried, bursting into laughter as Michele fell into her lap. She held her lover's face in her hands and leaned down to kiss her lips. They had some time to share before Fiona had to meet the Primogen, and she made the most of it to express her affection ::