PDA

View Full Version : London wet Land

Father Barton
Aug 29th, 2006, 08:49:48 AM
I couldn't believe I had been tailing them for a while now but somehow I got turned about when they reached London. For Two days now I was trying to find there scent in this backwards city. For Two days now it had been raining non-stop. I would think after awhile this city would drown but the sewer system must have been built to hold allot. I was walking now in the pouring rain cause my renta car had pooped out it was worse then my pinto.

I began to ramble a bit about how this Fiona chick was starting to irk me off. She definitely wasn't a vampire cause for one she could walk in the day. She wasn't a ghoul her eyes just didn't give off the right shine. My mind was whirling as to what allegiance she might hold. Then the sense hit me something was close to close for comfort. Rainy nights where a calling for the supernatural in the world especially in London.

Theo Johnson
Aug 29th, 2006, 08:59:51 AM
Theo stood sweeping in the street, the London streetlights casting an orange glow over the cobbled roads. He was drenched from head to foot, his hair dripping and his shoes wading in the water-covered road.

He couldn't see much more than 5 meters ahead of him, the persistant downpour dampening his vision. He'd given up sweeping away the litter on the ground, now opting to try and brush away the water into the drains. It was a miserable attempt, but he couldn't get anything productive done in this weather.

Leaning the broom against the litter trolley, Theo took hold of his plait, wringing it out before letting it hang down his back again. He sighed heavily, looking around before taking up his broom and sweeping at the ground once again.

Father Barton
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:36:16 AM
I cautiously walk down the street the rain was hard to see through but I was following my god-awful sense, it rarely led me astray. As I tried to center on what was making my sense go off like crazy I passed by a street sweep trolley with a young man near it. I couldn't see much else but what ever I was sensing it was near to this sweep. I decide to call out to the sweep and at least maybe I could find out where the heck I was.

"Evening sir. Might I take a bit of your time it would seem I'm lost and this rain isn't helping my sense of direction much."

I know I had a very American accent witch would probably make the man think I was foreign idiot. Yet I was wearing my trench coat with my collar just peaking out giving away the fact that I was a man of the cloth. Most countries weren't cordial to Americans but where but seemed to quickly change an attitude when they saw you where a holy man. Like I would condemn them to hell or something.

Theo Johnson
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:43:33 AM
Theo looked up from his broom, bringing it in front of him and resting his chin on the end of the handle.

"Where are you trying to get to?"

His voice was typically British, each letter pronounced, yet it was gentle and warm. He usually got asked for directions. He knew most of London well, having been sweeping it for the past two years.

Father Barton
Aug 30th, 2006, 06:40:51 AM
I had to almost yell cause the rain was pouring so hard now. I wasn't trying to get any place in particular just trying to find a place to maybe sleep for the night and dry off. The only problem was I had no clue where the heck I was London.

"I'm looking for a Hotel or something in the area where I can maybe sleep, Dry off, and get some food."

What ever I have been sensing was moving closer to me and the sweep I could feel it creeping up on us. I looked over my shoulder but I didn't see much with the poor visibility. My hand reached into my coat on instinct but I left it their not drawing out what was inside I didn't want to scare the sweep.

Theo Johnson
Aug 30th, 2006, 06:46:10 AM
Theo grinned, taking up his broom and attaching it to his trolley.

"Sure thing, there's a hotel a few streets away. It's not too shabby, it should do."

Unlocking the brake on his trolley, he took hold of the handle and began to push it along slowly. He felt relieved to finally have an excuse to get out of the rain.

"Come, I'll show you."

Father Barton
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:41:51 AM
I followed the may just trailing him by a few steps. What ever I was sensing was following us. I had inclination that what ever it was it was not after but after the sweep. For what reason I did not know possibly to feed or just some need to kill. I still kept my one hand in my coat gripping around my desert eagle it was closing and I wanted to be ready.

"Thanks friend. How long you been sweeping these streets if I may ask?"

Theo Johnson
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:47:19 AM
Theo glanced back over his shoulder at the holy man.

"About 2 years, since I was 16."

His eyes returned to the road ahead as he steered the trolley around a corner, then up onto the pavement.

"What brings someone like yourself to sunny London then?"

Father Barton
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:55:38 PM
"Church Business, converting the heathens of London and all that jazz."

I chuckled, I couldn't tell him why I was really here I didn't want to scare the poor boy. If they only knew the truth that I was fighting Armageddon for them they would all go home and cry in a corner. I was their savior in a way and not a one of them knew it. I had to fight what God created to make the world safer for his flock.

"It doesn't seem like that fun of a job sweeping the streets?"

Theo Johnson
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:02:44 PM
Theo laughed lightly.

"The work isn't great, I'll admit..."

He glanced back at the american briefly.

"..but you'd been suprised. I've seen some pretty...interesting things in the night. I'm not a holy man myself, and I'm not tempted to be. The way I see it, there's things going on that the holy book dosn't have an explaination for."

He laughed again, turning another corner.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend."

Father Barton
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:20:14 PM
"No offense taken. You would be surprised by what the good book does tell you. All you have do is know how to read between the lines."

I new the truth of the great book everything you needed to know was in there. Every thing from the warning of Kane to devils, demons and angels. The truth was in there most people just didn't take it for what it was and so they where blind. With all the things that is saw and knew the world was Darker then anyone person could imagine.

"What kinds of things have you seen out here on the streets of London?"

I knew London was a Dangerous place and it was soon to get allot more Dangerous if what ever was stalking the sweep showed itself. It was still following us but now it was a bit more hesitant perhaps it noticed me or maybe this was all part of its game.

Theo Johnson
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:28:34 PM
Theo smirked, casting his thoughts back over his experiences.

"Bite marks in corpses, cast away in darkened alleyways. Figures that dissapear in the shadows, just before a winged creature takes to the sky above it. I've heard grunts howls, whines and distant screams. A night time London isn't a safe place, I think. Sometimes I wonder how I've lasted this long."

He shook his head, looking ahead to see how much further there was to go. They'd be there in a few minutes, and it wouldn't be too soon. The rain was relentless, and cast several shivers down the roadsweeps back. He knew he was going on, his fascination with the supernatural taking over again. But he wouldn't meet the American again, he thought. It wouldn't matter.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:06:08 AM
"Interesting, so you have a killer who likes to bite people. You more then likely have an infestation of wild dogs to explain the howling. Screaming murder victims, rape victims or just pure screams of pleasure of in the distance. As for Shadows well they play tricks on the best of us, as for the flying well you might just have a vigilante like batman on your hands."

It was a bit condescending I know but you needed to rationalize things for people, you didn't want them to start worrying about things that go bump in the night. I for one didn't want mass panic about the world. It was better off that I alone knew the truth with a few others that did as well but other hunters where stupid not as cunning as me. I would have liked to tell him the howling was from werewolves, the shadows wraith, the winged creatures, bestets or maybe something else but I could not.

"Don't look too hard at something that can be rationalized. Don't make something out to be nothing more then it is because insanity walks that line."

I nod my thanks as I see the Hotel up ahead and go on my way. I don't walk very far before a young man in his twenties walks out of the shadows of an alleyway. The man is dressed in another sweep uniform and as he briskly walks past me, I sense him and he is what I had been sensing. As the man draws the attention of Theo I duck into an alleyway and keep a watchful eye on the two sweeps. Clutching my gun tightly now as I slip it out of my coat.

Fitch: "Hey theo, how’s it going this night with he rain and all it's making it rather Hard to work mate?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:21:35 AM
Theo laughed, happy to see he wasn't the only sweep out that night.

"Hell yeah. You think someone up there has something against us sweeps?" he joked, looking up to the skies.

"I'll probably head home soon. It's useless trying to get anything done in this weather. Fancy coming over for a drink or two?"

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:46:28 AM
Fitch: "Yeah the man upstairs has something against us all. I think I will take you up on that offer of a drink friend."

I watched the two men from afar. I could only make out a few words here and there of what they where saying due to the rain. What ever this sweep was he wasn’t showing his true face just yet and it seems this Theo knew the man. Maybe he was a Garou from the Glass walker tribe but they generally lived in America not in England, what would they be doing here?

Fitch: "Before we go anywhere though I have been having these strange thoughts all night. You mind if I ask you a question?"

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:46:46 AM
delete

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:50:22 AM
Theo smiled and nodded.

"Of course. What's on your mind?"

Once again, he took hold of his plait and twisted the excess water from it, before letting it hang down his back again.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:14:59 AM
Fitch: "Lets say you got offered a chance to make a simple deal with the Devil. What would you ask for mate?"

I heard the words devil and deal, that alone got me think I was in to deep. A demon was enough to make any hunter squeal like a pig and run. Yet I was not your normal hunter and just maybe I was all wrong about this maybe this other sweep just had contact with the supernatural.

Maybe he was another hunter for all I knew. I was praying to God hoping he was listening my prayer was simple hoping against all hope this wasn't what I thought it was.

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:27:37 AM
Theo raised an eyebrow.

"Err..."

It certainly wasn't a question he was expecting.

"I...don't know. Why do you ask?"

He half smiled, unsure about the question. Of course, he often had thoughts abotu the supernatural, but for something like this to come from Fitch... it was odd.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:38:44 AM
Fitch: "Well I was just thinking as I was walking along working. If the Devil offered me a no strings attached deal what would I ask for? I personally would ask for all the knowledge into he cosmos. I was just wondering what you might ask for?"

I heard the word Cosmos it wasn't a common word it was however in allot of religious and Mythological text. Dang this cruel world and dam my cruel luck. I slipped my gun back into my coat and pulled out a silver cross instead and a bible. Bullets didn't work against Demons only the power of God even then sometimes the Demons where powerful enough to resist the call of the Abyss. Some day’s I hated doing Gods work.

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:44:04 AM
"I suppose I could ask for that. I don't really know..."

Theo jumped a little as thunder rumbled above them. There was a flash of lightening in the distance, illuminating the sky for a split second.

"Come on, lets get back. This weather's only going to get worse."

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:56:46 AM
Fitch’s voice then changed and his hand reached out grabbing Theo bay the shirt. His voice was now deeper almost like the thunder that had just passed. Fitch's body seemed to twist and turned a bit his skinny form transformed into a well-muscled form before Theo’s eyes.

Damus: "Is that your wish infinite knowledge?"

Before Theo's eyes a new image projected itself. Damus showed his true form it was twisted. Two small horn protruded from his head his eye's where pure Black. His face was covered in Scars for as ugly as he now was there was still an awe and Beauty about him in a freaky way. From his back sprouted wings of black feathers.

Damus: "All I will take from you is your Faith in return for infinite knowledge."

I saw the man grab onto Theo but and speak with out words coming to my ears. But also saw his subtle change in appearance from skinny to muscled. I was cursing God now for my crappy luck. As moved from my hiding place and slowly took steps towards the two men opening my bible to the right page.

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:02:24 AM
Theo's eyes widened in horror, his hand scrambling backwards and taking hold of his broom.

"Get off me!"

He started to hit the demon with the broom, but to avail. He saw the American through the corner of his eye.

"Help! Do something!"

Still he continued to beat the beast with his broom, in some hope that he'd be released from it's grip.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:18:41 AM
"The heavens declare the glory of God: and the firmament sheweth his handy work.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge."

As I walked towards the Demon I spoke these words the words of god. As I walked I opened my coat revealing I was a man of the cloth underneath. I put my crucifix out and front of me as I continued to walk. There words I spoke where the commands of God to get a demon to speak his own name.

Fitch ignored the Holy man but he knew he was there and could feel a burning sensation going through his body. With his free hand he reached up and snapped the broom in half. He stared at Theo with Fury in his eyes.

Damus: "No Holy man can save you make your choice join me or be destroyed?"

He was a strong demon to be able to resist my true faith but I noticed his power waning as I moved closer and a t steady pace.

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:25:15 AM
Theo groaned, struggling in the demon's grip.

"Why should I!? Get off me!"

He kicked at the beast, but his legs failed to make contact. He felt helpless. He had no idea what to do, and his only hope lay in the hands of the American.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:49:06 AM
"There is no speech nor language where thier voice is not heard.

Their line is gone out through all the earth, and thier words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun."

The words to protect the soul and Theo from the demons words I spoke next. I moved closer and I could see now the skin beginning to bubble on the demon he could not resist the power of faith. I knew he would flee before to long or return to the Abyss by my words.

"Fear not sweep this Demon has no power over you. Gods words will protect you and keep you safe just have faith in the lord above."

Damus: "Go away Holy man this is not your War."

"I am with him who created us in his image and you are them whom he cast out, be gone"

Damus rage swelled as he began to curse and scream in a foreign tongue of ancient Hebrew the first tongue. I did not falter in my steps not even as the demon tossed Theo to the side into a nearby wall.

Damus: "Thissss is not over priessssst."

Before my eyes the Demon fled into the rainy city away from the protected ones back to it's safety of self loathing. I look to the young man crumpled on the ground and sigh. Yet another awakened in a dark world.

"Are you alright sweep?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:53:33 AM
Theo lay on the ground, heaving heavily. He turned his head, looking up to the American.

"W...what just happened?"

His eyes glistened with tears that hadn't fallen down his face. He really had expected to die, and still couldn't believe he was still alive. He picked himself up slowy, trembling, his eyes wide.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 12:08:21 PM
I decide to help the young man to his feet. I give him a hand to his feet. I know my self to be uncaring and self-righteous at times but this saddens me a bit. I have killed in the name of God; I have delivered his judgment countless times. Never before has he asked me to be a teacher. Why know I had to ask myself and why such a young soul to teach. I didn't know how to explain it all to the kid.

"Welcome to the real world son. I'm father John Barton and guess I'm your guide."

I extend my hand in greeting. I realized we had met earlier but never formally introduced are selves. I knew now though that this young man would be spending allot of time with me. So it was best to get the names out of the way there where more pressing matters like a demon to deal with. I knew I would have to run a crash coarse in hunting one-o-one cause that demon would come back for the man.

"You got a name son?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 12:15:42 PM
Theo smiled weakly.

"I'm Theo Johnson."

He looked around the now empty street, still very uneasy.

"The real world...you mean, this is normal?"

Finally, his ideas and suspicions were being confirmed. As much as it scared the hell out of him, it was reassuring to realise he wasn't a complete basket case.

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 12:25:35 PM
"I hate to tell you but there is no such thing as normal anymore. There hasn't been such a thing since Adam and Eve got kicked out of Eden."

I began to walk towards the Hotel motioning to Theo to follow me in so we could get out of the rain. I needed to tell him allot and I wasn't sure how much time I had to tell him it all. So of it was some pretty complicated stuff to understand and some of it I wasn't even sure I fully understood myself.

"For me personally things like that Demon you met there are just part of a good days work. Yeah that was one of the Fallen angels not sure if he feel with Lucifer and his or if he was one that feel later but he is Fallen that’s for sure."

This was probably all way too much for him to take in at once but he needed to know he was now awakened with out any real way to fight what he could now see. In a few days he would develop his sense if he wasn't dead by then. From there he would have to learn how to control his sense so he wouldn't bug out every freaking time he saw a stupid ghoul cause there where allot of them all over.

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 12:29:57 PM
Theo followed John closely, heading inside and into the dry of the hotel. He dripped water all over the floor, and an attendant hurried over, giving the pair a towel each. Theo thanked him and set about drying himself roughly.

"So...why doesn't everyone know about all this?"

Father Barton
Sep 1st, 2006, 12:52:08 PM
"The world is blinded by ignorance. It's a lot more complicated then that though. Lets put it this way instead the human mind does not have the ability to comprehend the unexplainable.

So the human mind with in its infinite folds creates a light switch and turns it permanently off. Making it blind to what is really around it. Sometimes this switch gets jarred or turned back on and the human mind can't turn it off again. It's called the awaking or enlightenment if you want the holy end of the stick."

It truly was hard to explain the vampires explained it better the there masquerade but I only a knew few of it's core rules. As for us few hunters we just referred to it as the wool being lifted from the eyes. We truly didn't know or understand exactly how it all worked.

"I personally like it with only a few thousand people in the world knowing what is really going on. If every one knew there be mass panic and much death. Being blind to what is going on has its benefits but you no longer have that choice.

For all you know you could have been bitten by a Vampire a hundred times by now and never have realized it."

Theo Johnson
Sep 1st, 2006, 12:58:29 PM
"Ugh...that's not good."

Theo continued to look around, still edgy.

"So, what happens next? You're not just going to leave me are you?"

He hung the towel in his shoulder, and looked to John, a concerned look in his eye.

Father Barton
Sep 4th, 2006, 11:36:47 AM
"Nope I'm not gonna leave you in the dark in this strange knew world you have to face."

In Truth I was wondering blind here I knew very little to what limits I should explain things. I didn't want to leave the kid to fend for himself though I couldn't do it no matter how much I wanted to. To think if I wouldn't have got involved this kid would be dead and I wouldn't be in this place I was right now. I noticed a small bar in the hotel and proceed to walk that way.

"Follow me we will discuss this a little more in a more private surrounding most of these people wouldn't understand what I will disclose to you."

We reached the table with out interruption and I sat down and ordered a stiff drink of scotch on the rocks. I wasn't much of a drinker anymore but every now and then I indulged myself a bit. Theo sat down across from me as I though in quite contemplation for a moment, as soon as my drink arrived I decided to speak.

"What’s next I teach you the rules of the game. I teach you the real history of the world. I teach you all the lies you believed to be true. I tell you about secret societies and their real agendas. I basically teach the whole truth and you either deny it or accepted it. Where would like me to start with who I am and what I do or Perhaps the true history of the world?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:59:32 PM
Theo sat opposite John, and now that he'd calmed, he was more than prepared to listen. John would be his lifeline in the new world opening up to him, and he had a feeling he would be extremely grateful in the future.

"Yes, please. Tell me about yourself first."

Father Barton
Sep 8th, 2006, 12:37:44 PM
"I was born well to tell you the truth I don't know where I was born. I grew up in an orphanage in Canada half my life. As a kid the world is great and fun to explore. I never really had a family besides the nuns and the other kids in the orphanage. I did how ever meet my best friend there, her name was Jenny."

It was hard for me to tell my story it almost brought tears to my eyes. Jenny was the greatest thing I ever had and then I lost her. That loss still boiled with in me to this day I guess it mostly why I kept fighting all these years.

"I wasn't a Canada citizen or American from birth. They didn't know where I had come from the orphanage, I was just left on there door step I guess by uncaring parents. Maybe they where just to young too have a kid who knows. They gave me until my fifteenth birthday before they final decided my parents where never going to show up and on that day my great birthday present would have been becoming a Canadian citizen. Yet that never happened."

I know this story was probably confusing the young man. But it was a pretty confusing story to be telling about how and why I became a hunter. It isn't like it’s a job you apply for it's more like a job you get by circumstance.

"Night before my fifteenth birthday me and Jenny ran away from the orphanage together. Somewhere along the line before both our sixteenth birthdays we wound up living in Toronto with a bunch young runaways. We got into the drugs and all that. These kids had this idea in their head at the time at least I just thought it was an Idea back then, that they where vampires or going to be. The leader of the group Jimmy took you into a special room on your sixteenth birthday and after you came out you where a vampire."

I had to admit at the time it was a pretty funny concept. Now I know the truth though and it doesn't seem that funny anymore. I could be a vampire right now if certain things hadn't played out like they did. I do thank god I didn't become like that I still wish the bastard could have saved Jenny though.

"Jenny was older then me by a few months so she got to go into the room before I did. I wish I could have been first and saved her from the fate she didn't deserve. I blame myself for what happened after that. After she was done in the room which must have been around midnight or so, I was curious about what went on in the room so I prodded her into taking a late night stroll with me through the park. Again it was all my fault for what happened next. As we where strolling along she was very quiet which was odd for her and the next thing I know something jumped out of the bushes and attacked her. I was horrified by the site but petrified so I couldn't move. A half wolf thing ripped into the woman I loved."

I stopped I couldn't hold it back anymore as tears began to flow down my face. I loved her and there was nothing I could do to save her back then. Now here I was all alone fighting the things that took her from me.

Theo Johnson
Sep 8th, 2006, 03:10:38 PM
Theo was a little taken back by John's tears, but it wasn't completely unexpected. It was a shocking tale, and one that would indeed send one against the supernatural beings.

"So, that's why you fight these things?"

He looked over John, giving him a few moments to recover.

Father Barton
Sep 11th, 2006, 09:29:44 AM
I cleared my thoughts and the tears from my face. I knew I looked weak but deep down I was a weak and tired. I had been fighting Gods war for a long time now. It was a lonely job and the sacrifices you had to make for it where immense.

"Not at first, at first I resisted tried to forget what I had saw. I blamed it all on god and myself. I ran away from it all as far away I as I possibly get somewhere in there I wound up in Italy. There I lived with a bunch of people, one of them was a seminary drop out turn atheist of sorts.

Truth be told he never really stopped believing god existed he just believed god stopped caring along time ago. He was a good friend but the world became too much for him and he took his own life. In turn to honor him I took his name John Barton. I managed to get the holy church to take me under his ticket."

I wasn't going to lie to the kid I may be a holy man but I cheated, stole, and lied in the face of God to get where I was. I was far from sinless and even farther from sainthood. Yet I did make a sacrifice of myself for all the ground I had gained.

"I joined the seminary for one specific reason and that was knowledge. God and me where at odds but I would use him to gain what I wanted to know most. Who or what took Jenny from me. Revenge is a powerful tool to drive someone. I got my answers however at a cost?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:46:24 AM
"I...I see."

Theo glanced downwards, his hands fiddling with the table cloth. Now it was all opening up to him, and his long-held beliefs were fianlly being confirmed, he wanted the knowledge. He wanted the power, and he wanted a life better than that of a sweep.

"Will you teach me, John? Can I become like you?"

Father Barton
Sep 14th, 2006, 12:02:00 PM
"It comes at a price I am warning you now. My price was trading my souls place in heaven for someone’s soul in Hell. I will suffer an eternity for my sins and there’s."

I didn't have to tell the kid but I was warning him fair and square. Just like in the world he came from nothing came for free. In this world things where even more expensive. Things here cost the price of your life. I didn't wish it on anyone but somehow felt I deserved it.

"I can teach you to be a hunter or I can just teach you the basics to keep yourself alive. It's your choice one is the hard path and the other isn't much easier but it is simpler. Just remember if you choose the same path as me your life is automatically forfeit not many of my kind survive long I guess I'm one of the lucky few."

Theo Johnson
Sep 14th, 2006, 12:24:40 PM
Theo nodded his head, looking down to the table briefly.

"There's nothing in my life worth living for. Up until now, I have been living for the sake of living..."

He looked back up to John.

"...I'm willing to forfeit my life, if it means I can make a difference."

Father Barton
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:07:44 AM
"Very few of are kind make a difference son. We come into a war that has been going on since the beginning."

I wasn't lieing this war was older then I was by ten billion years or so. I hated telling the kids the odds where extremely against us but he needed to know. I also hated the fact that I personally was losing a very lopsided war and this kid was about to join my crusade.

"First things first God exists he screwed us all but some of it was are own fault. Do you know who Kain is from the bible? Do you know the story of Kain and able?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:12:36 AM
Theo shook his head.

"I've never been a holy guy..."

This was a whole new start for him. Still, he was ready for a fresh go at life. John had saved his life, seemingly by reading some holy transcript. That was enough for Theo. The Bible had saved him, and in turn, he woud follow both the book and John.

"Please, tell me."

Father Barton
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:26:53 AM
I looked a bit surprised most people and there grandma's knew the story of Kain and able. Yet I guess a few people out there had to not know it. In truth I thought it just made the story easier to take in for the kid.

"Well In the beginning God created man, Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve had two sons Kain and Able. Kain the farmer of the land, Able a Shepard of the sheep. Everyday they made sacrifices to god in honor of him. Kain brought the best of his crop and Able the best of his flock."

I felt so far the story was easy enough to follow.

"Everyday God excepted Ables sacrifice and denied Kains. Kain grew jealous believing God loved able more then him. So the next day at the alter Able gave up his sacrifice and then kain went to give his. Instead of his crop to God he slayed his brother giving able up to God. Kain committed the first Murder the world had seen. Kain was punished and branded with a mark and force to live for an eternity in land of nod."

Now was time for the important question to Theo.

"Do you know what the significance is of this story?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:31:53 AM
Theo looked to the table briefly, stuttering incoherently, as if he was about to start a sentence. He wanted to know, he wanted to say he understood, but he couldn't. He looked to John, frowning slightly.

"...No" was all he could answer.

Father Barton
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:51:36 AM
"Kain is where it all started, where the world started to go horribly wrong and out of gods control."

I knew it was a bit much but he had to know. He had to know it all if he was to make a future in this God forsaken world.

"Kain was sentenced and cursed to the land of darkness called Nod. He soon found a way from the land of Nod and back into are world. He found his curse could be passed through a sharing of blood and there the world gave birth to the children of Kain or the Vampires.

Kains murdering of his brother also gave awareness to the angels of Murder for the first time as well and from there came the fallen angels or Demons. The werewolves came from the wyrm. If you understand the catholic belief on god he is three parts of a whole.

The father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the wyrm a part of god's aspect that became tainted by Kains Jealousy. From the wyrm brought forth monster it thought could cleanse the world with instead it tainted it more. Shape shifters and werewolves stepped from it. Humans gained the powers of the arcane and dark magic’s from it and began to try and twist the world into their ways.

The father and son portions of god betrayed by the wyrm created the hunters to set everything straight and by choice a hunter can choose to be imbued with there power. This power comes at sacrifice as I said before. Are job is to fight gods war he created. There are other aspect of this world created by the wyrm but I do not have the knowledge of everything out there. We all learn as we go, I know this is allot to take in. Do you think you can handle it or do you have questions on what I just told you?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:59:54 AM
Theo sat in silence for a few moments, letting John's words sink into him and take hold. He looked around the room, wondering exactly how many people knew about anything past the mortal world. Before all this, he himself had certainly had suspicions, but now it had hit him, it was different.

Eventually, Theo gave a nod.

"It's okay. Please, continue."

Father Barton
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:51:00 PM
"Well since you know how it all started I guess I can skip to the part of how we try to finish it."

I knew he needed hands on training but that I couldn't give to him at the moment. So I figured I would have to give him short and skinny on what had to be done. It was easy enough most super naturals could die with a simple bullet to the head but somewhere buggers to kill.

"I will give you the simple low down here. Werewolves always use silver bullets or silvered weapons. They are allergic to it and it's harder then hell for them to regenerate from. If you get enough silver into um they might die. Silver bullets are also a bitch to get a hold of so don't count on much werewolf hunting action unless you got butt loads of money. To be sure their dead take their head also they can't regenerate their head thank god for that.

You might want to take notes on this part, you need a pen and paper son?"

Theo Johnson
Sep 27th, 2006, 01:30:18 PM
Theo laughed lightly.

"Heh, please."

He thought it would indeed be helpful to have something to refer back to. This wasn't going to be a simple lesson.

Father Barton
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:36:01 AM
I pulled a pen and note pad out of my jacket and slide them across the table. These notes where very important things to remember in a hunt no doubt the man before me would need them at first. I was his teacher now but I knew I wouldn't be with him forever to remind him of how things go down.

"Next thing Vampires, since Vampires and werewolves are the most common things us hunters come up against. Vampires can be harmed by conventual weapons however not killed by them sadly. The best ways to get rid of a vampire cut off there heads or burn them. Burn them to death with fire or direct sunlight it doesn't matter which.

Now remember a few things garlic is a vampire myth. It won't repel a vampire and they are not allergic to it like many books will tell you. A stake through the heart will not kill a vampire however it will paralyze them which is a good thing to remember."

I thought for a moment wondering if I left anything out about killing a vampire. Then I realized I left out the most important thing of all. I was a special hunter with a special gift given by god one that sadly Theo more then likely wouldn't develop.

"Also holy relics do not fend off Vampires except in special cases. It takes a person true of faith and belief to be able to use holy relics as a weapon against vampires. I'm one of those rare people who have developed this ability but it's rare and I highly doubt you will achieve the sacrifice or level of belief it takes to get it."

I was not being condescending I was just being brutally honest. Hunters where rare themselves and I was an even rarer breed of hunter. I didn't want the kid to think he could go into a fight cross a blazing.

"There are a few other myths about vampires you need to be aware of. You cannot cure the vampire strain through any means. TV and movies fill you full of rubbish that you can be saved. No blood transfusions, killing the high vampire, or Unicorn blood can heal what they have become. Also turning someone into a vampire takes more then just a bite it takes a sharing of blood between vampire and child. They drink your blood and give you some of there’s. So if you are bitten don't worry to much, there will be a sickness due to lose of blood that follows but that will clear up pretty quickly."

Theo Johnson
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:47:47 AM
Theo scribbled down notes on the piece of paper, his eyes darting up and down between John and the pen.

"I see. Well, looks like I lot of things I thought were wrong then..."

He didn't feel disheartened; quite the opposite really. He felt good to be learning this.

"I guess I won't be weilding a Bible in the heat of battle then?" he laughed lightly.

Father Barton
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:35:40 PM
"No you won't unless your fighting a demon then God is your best friend."

I was sometimes at odds with God myself for what he had done to me. Yet all and all I was a true believer in his power. I knew if I needed him bad enough he might be there for me. Although I understood God could only interfere so much in mortals lives.

"But that is a teaching for another time. It is late and even Hunters need sleep. You run on home and be safe and get some sleep. Meet me back here in the morning we have allot to do in the morning. I'm going to give you some hands on training."