PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Desperate Housewives snubbed by emmys

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:25:32 PM
This was a shock
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/emmy_nominations

Plus Hugh Laurie, Edie Falco and James Gandolfini didn't get nominated either. I really don't know why for any of them. I think 24 should dominate, at least I hope. Kiefer and the show really finally deserves to win.

Ambrose Braeden
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:36:39 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
This was a shock
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/emmy_nominations

Plus Hugh Laurie, Edie Falco and James Gandolfini didn't get nominated either. I really don't know why for any of them. I think 24 should dominate, at least I hope. Kiefer and the show really finally deserves to win.
your right Carr, that is a shocker:\

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:41:44 PM
I know, I was surprised when I heard the nominations on the radio and didn't hear either of those shows! 24 leads the pack with 12 noms, they'll probably run away with the show. :)

Callomas Savoc
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:57:27 PM
Why is 24 so consistently nominated. It's an okay show I guess, but it's not really all that great.

I see the Shield failed to get nominated again. Yeah that totally makes sense :rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:04:58 PM
That is what I think will happen. I really would like to see Kiefer win.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2006, 10:22:42 PM
Originally posted by Callomas Savoc
Why is 24 so consistently nominated. It's an okay show I guess, but it's not really all that great.

I see the Shield failed to get nominated again. Yeah that totally makes sense :rolleyes

24 is a critically claimed show. Entertainment Weekly recently called it the best Drama on TV. TV guide has made similar claims.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:32:41 AM
Tony Shaloub plz win kthx.

Sorry, I am just a huge fan of Monk.

Callomas Savoc
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:30:33 AM
24 is a critically claimed show. Entertainment Weekly recently called it the best Drama on TV. TV guide has made similar claims.

So what? It's TacticLOL for airheads. It makes up for a really introspective plot with p-p-p-p-PLOOOT TWIIIIISTSS. I've watched the series with my dad, and watched the Shield with my mom. The differences in show quality is immensely staggering.

That's not to say it's a bad show...it's just a poor choice for a best drama candidate.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 7th, 2006, 03:57:14 PM

Since when should critics be trusted to tell us what is good, especially from such crappy publications?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:09:31 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
Since when should critics be trusted to tell us what is good, especially from such crappy publications?

Its just not them, its a top 20 show, other publications love it. You also have to understand this is my favorite show here :p

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:18:30 PM
I agree with Chuckles, 24 isn't anywhere near as good as the Shield. It's just too simple. It's well directed and decently written, but the Shield is just amazing.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2006, 04:58:41 PM
I don't care for the Shield but that is my opinion.

Callomas Savoc
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:09:51 PM
Justify it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:57:29 PM
He doesn't have to justify it - its his opinion and around here people are entitled to their opinions, including you.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:43:53 PM
LD said for me. I am not denying it might be a good show, but it just isn't my taste.

Una Rakesh
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:00:24 PM
n/m

Sanis Prent
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:01:13 PM
Perhaps justification is the wrong word, but certainly more to prop up your opinion than just "I don't like it". That deserves more explanation.

Jedieb
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:21:11 PM
I've seen a few episodes of the Shield, and it just doesn't do anything for me. I know Chilkis won a best actor Emmy a few years ago, so it's not like he or the show have been ignored. I'd love to see Keifer win for 24. This season wasn't even their best, but it was still pretty solid.

Michele Hawkins
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:21:15 PM
Can't people just not like something? :) People have different tastes so the Shield isn't up his alley. It isn't for me either, but neither are any cop shows. Not my thing.

Sanis Prent
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:15:28 PM
They can certainly not like it, but its common courtesy to expound upon the reasonings. While you can just say "nah, I didn't like it", that doesn't help for introspection.

I mean, some people don't like the Shield for the insane profanity, racism, nasty stuff that goes on. Some people get their moral compass worked over, and the show makes them feel uncomfortable. Those are all reasons, and a host of others. I'm just asking for a little roadmap into that, which is what I gave for 24 when I said that I felt it to be grossly unqualified.

I myself felt so utterly sick when Lemansky died and it poisoned my efforts to watch some of the episodes I have on DVD for a long time. I could certainly see that hurting some people's views. I watch the show regularly with my mom, and she cried so hard that I don't know if she'll want to watch the new season with me when it comes back on the air.

I guess I think that while Chicklas got thrown a bone, the show itself is deserving of praise on the whole. Hell, even the celebrity guests like Glenn Close, and ESPECIALLY the work that Anthony Anderson and Forrest Whitaker put into it. Those guys put career highlight performances into the show

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:06:10 PM
The Emmys were announced tonight here is a blurb about it
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/televisionawards/emmys/2006-08-24-emmy-winners-list_x.htm

I was so glad that 24 and Kiefer Sutherland won. Both were very deserving.
Also Conan O'Brian was a lot funnier than I thought. I loved the opening skit.

Salem Renfield
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:09:51 PM
I am SOOOOOO happy that Kiefer was no longer snubbed! He deserved that Emmy and being such a huge fan of the man himself as well as the show I must say...WOOT! Yay!!! *Does a happy dance*

I also have to give props to my brother who made that wonderful phrase up. I love those little jokes that spin off of Chuck Norris. ^_^

Sanis Prent
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:18:23 PM
So I wonder if I say "TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS" and "WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" at least 20 times a day, then I too can win a major award.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:22:41 PM
Whatever :p If you watched the show like I have you see he pours emotion in that character. Like the time his daughter was kidnapped to his wife's death to the death of Palmer and Tony. The role he plays is very emotional and powerful, IMO. Oh there is another thread on this so I am going to merge the two.

Salem Renfield
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:24:28 PM
Whatever :p If you watched the show like I have you see he pours emotion in that character. Like the time his daughter was kidnapped to his wife's death to the death of Palmer and Tony. The role he plays is very emotional and powerful, IMO. Oh there is another thread on this so I am going to merge the two.

We are in exact agreement! ^_^ Glad someone else loves the show!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:29:05 PM
Originally posted by Salem Renfield
We are in exact agreement! ^_^ Glad someone else loves the show!

Yep, it is my favorite. Oh I was so glad to see Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida) and Dennis Haysbert (President David Palmer) both come up to the stage with everyone else. Both were two of my favorite characters on the show and they were with the show from day one so I was glad they could be there for this win.

Sanis Prent
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:29:32 PM

I own three seasons of the show dude. Honestly, its okay but certainly not the best out there.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:55:57 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I own three seasons of the show dude. Honestly, its okay but certainly not the best out there.

Well we will just have to disagree on that.

Salem Renfield
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:19:15 AM
Yep, it is my favorite. Oh I was so glad to see Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida) and Dennis Haysbert (President David Palmer) both come up to the stage with everyone else. Both were two of my favorite characters on the show and they were with the show from day one so I was glad they could be there for this win.

Did they go up on stage? Damn! I missed it! Yeah I loved Almeida and Palmer. I wish they didn't kill Tony off, that sucked. Dennis Haysbert is on The Unit now, that show is pretty good, too.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:31:53 AM
Originally posted by Salem Renfield
Did they go up on stage? Damn! I missed it! Yeah I loved Almeida and Palmer. I wish they didn't kill Tony off, that sucked. Dennis Haysbert is on The Unit now, that show is pretty good, too.

Yep they were both up there. Most of the cast was up there though I didn't see a few people, it was hard to tell though. Yeah I really liked Tony too, he was my second favorite character after Jack.