PDA

View Full Version : My one character...

Droo
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:41:14 PM
I don't believe I've ever jumped on this bandwagon when it's came around before but now, since I haven't rolaplayed in some time, I'm quite curious as to what those who've read anything with Rod might have to say about him. I personally have enjoyed writing him a lot, principally because he entertains me and is responsible for rekindling my joy in roleplaying but I'm wondering what, if anything, people take from the character.

Please be gentle.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:34:21 PM
You should give the whole character name: Rod Stafford.

Ok this is cheating but I'm posting what I said to you over AIM:

I do have to say I love Rod's character and you do a good job playing off the culture shock aspect of him without going too far into slapstick humor. I know you've been strugging with that, and you're doing great. And I adore angry Rod, its nice to see the 12th century mage in him come out.

Can't wait to read more, I'm literally hanging off your every post with him. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:40:34 PM
I LOVE Rod!!!!

He is so great to post with and I enjoy his utter silliness, which isn't completely silliness since he is from the 12th century.

I just wish he would come play with Michele and Fiona more :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 28th, 2006, 04:16:27 PM
I would like to see more Poe the Felmouth, and also am interested in the formation of the new SS pilot you've been 'working' on. :)

Salem Ave
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:48:51 PM
I am appalled that I am only just getting around to replying to this.

I really enjoy reading Rod. Like LD said, I like the contrast between the different facets of Rods character - the humor I have seen in his interactions with Fiona and Michele, his righteous anger towards the vampires, his struggling with how to deal with Post. He feels like a very complete character, in terms of personality and such like. Very believable, in spite of how very unbelievable his life has been. The fact that you have so few characters I think makes me always relish what you do write, because it always seems to have been written with a lot of care and thought into the characters inner-workings.