PDA

View Full Version : Too Close to Home

Aramis Rakai
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:57:07 PM
Sleep had never been a problem for me in all my seventy-two years...until now. It's strange how things can change so drastically in only a moments time. One moment, I was helping with a raid, the next I'd been shot and my mother, our acting Lieutenant had drawn our attackers fire to get me out of the dire situation I'd gotten myself into.

I remembered looking over my shoulder as many of our crew were toppling in, attempting to avoid the deadly fire fight just meters away. I tried to get back down the ramp when I didn't see her pass me. I was grabbed and hauled backwards by the collar as the ramp began to close...I saw her out there defending her small place in that hangar bay as she was surrounded...

That was the last time I saw Quay'Na Rakai in the flesh, but her memories haunted me when I attempted sleep. I can't really even say that they are memories, for they are not of any memory that I could fathom...they were more like nightmares. It was so real, as if her soul was touching my own, I could hear her screams and feel her agony.

It was horrific.

I sighed deeply as I finished writing in my personal journal I kept. It often cleared my mind of all my troubles and I found it relaxing. Almost as relaxing as putting a new dimensional sub-lifter into a hyperdrive. That was where I loved life, anything I could do with my hands. I felt a strange connection with mechanical things, I had been drawn to them from a very young age and was still loving every moment.

I laid the lead pencil down, yes a lead pencil...it was old fashioned. but for me it was worth it and I was lucky to find them from time to time in the strangest places. I slipped the journal into the drawer of my small desk in the corner of my personal quarters. It had once been my home, the place where I could go to rest, but nowadays it was more of a tomb. Cold and empty.

I was tired and wanted sleep badly. Maybe tonight, the nightmares would remain at bay and allow me some much needed rest. Rest from my stress, rest from my loss and just some damn rest at all. I was tired of being tired. I prayed to God, to just let me get some sleep tonight without being plagued by visions of torture, endless pain and agony and the smell of death.

I crawled in bed and drew up my covers, it felt cool and relaxing as I leaned over and flipped off the lamp light that was attached to the wall. Darkness enveloped me as I felt my mind wonder into the dark depths that lay ahead.

She was bound with leather straps at her wrists and ankles, strung up like a some Christmas light on metal posts. What was left of her clothes was torn and bloody. Her face was ashened, cut and brusied from numberous beatings. "I will not speak of my family..." She said in a ragged voice. "You can't force me to talk."

"I think, we can..." I heard a voice say. "Remove her shirt."

It was as if I were standing there watching in horror as they tore off my mother's shirt, her bare back was to me as I heard the whip crack against the floor. I didn't want to see, but I couldn't turn away. The feral screams that followed as they slashed her back open again and again made me scream.

I felt myself sit straight up in bed and heard my own scream as it echoed in my head. I was drenched in sweat, my heart was beating a million times a minute as I attempted to get my breath. Why was this happening? I hated seeing these horrid pictures of my mothers captors torturing her!! Was this what she was really going through? I don't think I really wanted to know all I knew was that it made me sick to think about.

Argos Ewan
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:12:45 PM
I had finally got a chance find the time to get some much needed sleep and it felt good to finally do so. It had been a long day with Jace and the new recruit. Much done and so much more to be done yet.

As I slept, I was suddenly awakened by a scream. As I sat up in bed I could hear the sounds coming from Aramis’s quarters. I quickly grabbed my robe and ran from my quarters as I struggled putting it on. When I got to Aamis’s quarters door I opened his door and turned on the lights. I saw Aramis sitting in bed with the look of horror on his face. I went to him and sat down next to him upon the bed. I could see his face covered with sweat. I put my hand onto his shoulder. “What is the matter son,” I asked.

Aramis Rakai
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:19:54 PM
I flinched as light flooded into my room and Argos entered, I wasn't to thrilled about it, because this was very personal. I tried to relax and look like it was nothing, but it was way beyond that.

My body was trembling as I wanted to control it, but again I could not. "I can't get it out of my head. Over and over again, I see them...hurting her causing her pain." I rambled out as I realized the sharp pains in my back..as if...as if I, myself had been brutally whipped.

Argos Ewan
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:38:30 PM
"I know son, it is...." I suddenly felt something on Aramis's back with the tips of my fingers. I shifted in the bed as I slightly pulled him toward me. I looked at his back and saw marks on him. "What have you done to yourself son?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:43:51 PM
I winced slightly as his fingers brushed over my back. He pulled me closer and asked what I had done to myself. I looked at him blankly. "What do you mean? And why is my back burning?"

Argos Ewan
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:49:05 PM
“Son you have several lesions on your back,” I replied. “You didn’t do this?”

Aramis Rakai
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:55:30 PM
I shook my head. "No, I was trying to sleep..." My thoughts went to my dream...had it been a dream or something else?

Argos Ewan
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:14:28 PM
I gently pulled Aramis close to me as I whispered to him. "I was afraid this would happen." I softly pushed him away to sit him up and I looked at him in the eyes. "Son, listen to me. You and your mother seem to have a Force connection between you. I don't know what it was that you just saw, but it may have been what she is actually experiencing."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:38:25 AM
"A Force connection?" Only Jedi and Sith had that and I was neither. But as that thought passed the next one made my blood turn to ice. My mother was being truly tortured and I could not only see it, but feel it as well.

I looked away from the man that could've been my father as I ran a hand through my hair. Even though his blood did not run through my veins, he always treated me as his own.

"Every time I try to sleep, I see these horrible images of her in pain. I'm close enough to touch her and yet I cannot. " I looked at Argos. "I don't understand how I can see this, was my mother a Jedi?"

Argos Ewan
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:04:10 PM
I lower my head and sighed now having to recall something I didn't wish to. It wasn't that I was against Jedi, it was simply something that forced Quay'Na to live as she had.

"Aramis, I want you to listen to me closely. I don't wish to have to repeat this again. Yes, your mother was once a Jedi. When her and I first met she was in hiding due to a Jedi Purge that occurred when you were very young. You were so young that you never knew what had happened to her and why she had to hide. Her and I met and we fell deeply in love. Every since then she has stayed here, on board the Eclipse. After that we formed the crew and began doing raids as a way to level off those who Purged the Jedi and make a way of living for ourselves and you."

I reached over and placed the palm of my hand on his cheek. "When she first brought you to me it was one of the greatest things she ever gave me in my life. That is why you have become so valuable in my life. You mean as much to me as she could ever mean to me."

I brought my hand down from his face and looked him in the eyes. "So to answer your question, yes, a connection between you and your mother has become quite appearent. I hoped for you this wouldn't be possible but obviously it does I'm sorry to say."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 25th, 2006, 05:44:14 PM
I was literally stunned speechless as I stared at him.

A Jedi, I had Jedi blood within my veins and never knew it existed. I didn't know what to say, or react. My blood turned to ice as I thought of those horrible images...images that were truly happening to her. She was being tortured, whipped, beaten...raped. All this time, I'd seen these things happening and never spoke of it to anyone. I wanted to scream.

"Always allow your emotions to pass through you, Aramis. Don't hold them in, do with them as you must and then let them go..."

My stomach turned into a chunk of ice as those images that were burnt into my mind seemed to haunt my thoughts, my memories. I didn't know what to do, my skin crawled as I remembered the feelings of being touched and beaten. Those were her thoughts, her feelings and somehow she'd brought them to my world.

I felt sick as I jerked away from Argos' touch. I didn't want to be touched. "I need to go..." My voice hissed, as I stood and tried to bolt for the door, but my legs were weak and I stumbled. Over and over again, those images replayed through my mind as I hit the ground, catching myself. No, this was not happening! How could this have happened!?! My mind screamed.

Argos Ewan
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:55:44 PM
I watched as Aramis tried to bolt from me and began to fall. I quickly reached for him and stopped his fall. "Whoa! What are you doing my son? Where do you think your going to go?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:16:16 PM
I shook my head, I felt defeated as I flopped down on my bed. "I don't know..." I answered. "I just want these images out of my head, but at the same time I don't...because right now I know she's alive. She's in pain, so much pain." I stood and paced the room for a few moments, remembering the last argument we had.

I stopped suddenly and didn't look at Argos. "We had an argument in the hangar bay an hour before the raid. I said things I shouldn't have..." I looked at him. "I have to get her back, there are so many things I have to say. I just want her to know that I'm sorry."

I pushed my hair back away from my face and sighed deeply. I wanted to believe that she was going to be fine and soon we'd be back working on fighters together. But, my gut was telling me to be prepared for the worst as was my mind.

Argos Ewan
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:24:28 PM
I walked over to Aramis and turned him around to face me. "Now you listen to me and let this sink in," I said to him harshly to get it to sink in. "There isn't a moment that she isn't feeling what your feeling right now and you've got to stop it. I mean it Aramis. With everything your expressing to her is only making it harder for her to concentrate on staying alive. Right now she has got to use everything she has to hold it together otherwise she will be lost to us. So get it out of your mind right now."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:47:29 PM
His words hit me hard, like a slap in the face. My eyes looked into his, how he could be right about my emotions hitting her. I straightened and let all those feelings pass through me, the way she taught me time and time again.

I felt anger at what they had done, they had hurt her not just physically, but mentally and they would pay! I would make sure of it.

I grabbed my boots and pulled them on, then quickly tucked my tunic into my trousers and grabbed my leather bomber jacket. "You're so right...father." It had been years since I'd called him that, but he was in everyway anyone could be. He deserved the title and by God, I would call him that!

"I've got work to do. I'm making charges, timed ones and I'm going to blow those damn bastitches to hell after we get her out of there." I told him with a renewed sense of strength.

Argos Ewan
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:12:50 PM
I quickly grabbed Aramis and pulled him around. "Be careful my son. Don't allow the anger to eat you from within. To turn to anger is to use the Darkside of the Force and it will consume you." I placed both my hands onto his shoulders and gave them a tight grip. "Listen to what I am saying and let my words burn into your mind. The Darkside of the Force will consume you if you allow it to. Once you've turned to the Darkside nobody can help you and you will be consumed by it forever. You'll be forever lost to us all son."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:29:54 PM
"I'm not going to fall to the Darkside, trust me. But, if you saw what I've seen you'd be ready to kill all of them." I replied.

Argos Ewan
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:06:07 PM
Aramis I want to kill them as it is already just like you. We both have our reasons and mine is the love I have of your mother. So now you trust me! The very anger I feel is just as strong as yours it is just that I know I must stay focused on getting my mate back and worry about anything else later. So don't think for one moment that she isn't just as important to me as she is to you."

I quickly released Aramis and sat back down onto his bed. "Even if you don't notice, I do have feelings for her too. It is just at times I can't afford the luxury of showing it around the crew. If I were to allow my emotions to show it would often show a sign of weakness to them." Suddenly all the emotions of fear began to well up in my eyes. I quickly stood up to leave. "It's simply something I can't afford." I walked toward the door and stopped short as the tears streamed down my cheek. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and straightened myself. I can't afford this."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:16:10 PM
I nodded and pretended not to see the tears that stung him. I felt lame and cursed myself for these very emotions that plagued me. I straightened and knew that if I was ever going to get the respect that I needed, I'd have to become more harsh with my crew. No more back talk, this was serious stuff now. Lives were at stake and too many had been taken.

"I know what you mean, Father." I said. "I won't let you down."

Argos Ewan
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:22:17 PM
Even though I really wanted to embrace him I knew I couldn't. I didn't want him to feel I couldn't control myself and my emotions. A hard lesson he was going to have to learn on his own.

As I faced the door I pulled myself together. "I love you son. Don't ever think I don't." As I said what was on my mind I stepped through the door and prepared to walk through the ship alone. Alone with my own feelings.

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:08:56 PM
There are days when you have to pray that nothing else can go wrong, like the day of our last raid and then there are the days that everything comes together, though they seem few and far between. This was one of those days.

I never felt closer to my foster father than I did at this very moment. He was the edge that I needed to keep myself afloat when all else failed to do so. His kind words were salvation to me and would help me in my journey, whether we got to my mom or not.

I knew then and there, I still had a family.

"Thank you." I said as he was stepping out the door. I wanted to say more, but I didn't.

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:34:20 PM
As I walked into the flight bay I looked upon many of the fighters. As I touched one of them I began to think about the many raids I had performed with the one and only person that touched me dearly enough to even become a part of me. Now with her gone, the ship seemed an empty shell to me. I so dearly missed her.

As I continued to walk through the flight bay I touched one of the ships and felt it's sleek exterior as I slip my fingers across it's surface.

I began to think about her and how I trained her aboard one of these very ships and taught her everything she came to understand on how to fly one of these. She became so skilled at flying that to watch her doing it was like a labor of love as she often appeared to be one with the ship.

As my hand moved to one of the laser barrels of a ship's gun I began thinking of my life and experiences. Often I had come close to death but always managed to cheat death. Often I found myself feeling proud that I had outsmarted death and had often patted myself on the back for doing so. Could it be that the death of Quay'Na will be my punishment from the Gods for cheating death as I have in the past?

As I stood there next to the ship I began to silently pray. "Oh Gods, if it is my punishment for my past that Quay'Na should die; please take me instead I beg you."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:28:50 PM
I flopped onto my bed for a few moments and then stood and headed to the hangar bay. I wanted to get to work on those charges.

The bay was silent as I entered and went staight to my small workshop I had adopted. I flipped on the light and went to my bench.

Aramis... I heard her voice and turned around, every hair on the back of my neck seemed to stand on end and I felt cold. As I turned an image of her was standing in the doorway.

"Mom..." I said as I blinked and she was gone. My heart was beating quickly and my breath caught in my throat. What was going on? I felt near panic and had to lean against my bench to keep steady.

I covered my eyes and shook my head as I sat down on the floor. "Don't do this, please...don't do this..." I begged. The dreams were eerie, but this was down right disturbing and I didn't like it at all.

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:35:07 PM
As I looked up I saw a distant light come on. As I walked toward the light I heard Aramis's voice and he sounded distressed. I quickly picked up the pace and ran toward the lit room. As I entered I saw a strange look on his face. "Son, what is wrong?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:44:09 PM
I jumped as I heard my foster father and refused to look up. "This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening..." I mumbled and drew myself tighter into a ball, tucking my head at my knees.

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 09:18:20 PM
I was confused by his words and quickly went to his side. "Son, what are you talking about? It, what is IT? What is happening?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 09:21:56 PM
I felt sick inside as I slowly looked up at Argos. "I saw her...oh, Gods I saw her!"

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 09:49:33 PM
I quickly knelt down to his side. “An apparition? Is that what you saw? Your mother?”

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:11:09 PM
"I'm going crazy..." I said as I looked up at him. "Is this the Force, is this the turmoil it will put me through until she's back with us? If this is it, I don't want any part of it! This is no gift, this is a curse!"

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:23:18 PM
I stood up and walked to the door and closed it. I turned back to Aramis and stood directly in front of him. "Listen to me my son. This is important. If you have any way of contacting her you've got to do it now. I can help you but your going to have to follow my instructions. Are you up to this?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:33:05 PM
My heart felt wrenched as I looked at my foster father. "I can't do this." For the first time, since I was a small child my voice trembled.

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:40:03 PM
I took a hold of Aramis and looked at him more seriously than I ever had before. "Listen to me son and listen good. If there is anyway you can contact her, now is the time when she needs it the most. It may very well be the only thing that will make it possible for her to survive. Instincts are a very strong force son and right now she needs to know we are on our way and to hang on. It may very well be the only thing left that she has to hold on to. Are you going to turn your back on her now? Just when she may need it the most to survive?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:02:42 PM
I was shaking as I looked into my foster father's eyes. "I'm not turning my back on her, it's just..." I couldn't say it, but I knew he could see it in my eyes. I was scared and because I was, I felt shame.

Argos Ewan
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:05:24 PM
I looked into his eyes and saw the one thing that was holding him back. I took his hands into mine. "Son, I'm going to help you do this but your going to have to want to. Otherwise it'll never work for you. Don't you want to help her?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:23:49 AM
"Of course, I want to help her. It's just this Force thing...I don't understand." I told him.

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:54:17 AM
Over the many years that Quay'Na and I were together she spoke to me in depth how the Force was used by her and how it could help her in her times if need. Just as it is for us right now.

"Listen to me son. Your mother showed me many things about the Force. Enough I believe I can help you now. Only if you will trust me and believe. To even use this is a leap of faith as it is to any Jedi. It is important to know you CAN and you now know you have within you what is possible."

"Aramis, my son, over your lifetime you have been given the life of trust I have instilled within you. Enough to know I would never knowingly harm you and I have always been here for you as any father can. It is true I am not your father but I have been a father to you that no other could have ever been for you. Is it wrong for me to now ask you to have the strength and faith in me now and let me help you in this time of our need?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 10:05:07 AM
His words hit me like a ton of bricks, he'd never hurt me or abused in any way. I nodded slowly.

"I'll do it...Father."

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 05:44:13 PM
"Very well son," I replied. I released his hands as I lay them into his lap. I reached up with my right hand and drew my hand over his eyes. "Now close your eyes and listen to my voice."

"The first thing you must remember, when you do make contact with her, do not let her pain or emotions influence you. If you do you will lose what contact you have made with her and your efforts will have been for nothing."

I took up a chair from behind me and sat down in it and looked at my son and spoke to him in a calming voice. "The first thing you must do is to purge yourself of all fears and emotions. Do this by simply breathing in deeply and slowly. Do this three times and as you do let all your fears and emotions draw out your body with each breath."

I saw his lips move as if he was about to say something. "No don't speak, just concentrate. Do exactly as your mother always told you. Let it pass through and out of you." I watched as he took his first deep breath. "That's it, deeply........ and slowly. Calm your mind. Once you have calmed yourself, look within your own blood. It is there where she is a part of you. Once you feel that part of you, reach out to your mother from inside yourself. You don't have to push it or force it. Let it flow from you and tell her we'll be on our way soon."

I watched him and remained quiet as I watched him concentrate as he took his second deep breath.

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:08:41 PM
This wasn't the first deep breathing exercise I'd practiced on, no my mother had me doing it ever since I could remember. She explained that it would help me concentrate and eleviate any misgivings I would have on a problem. We practiced this exercise in the mornings before breakfast and again before retiring at night. Since she'd been taken away, I'd not practiced it except when I was working.

I did as he told me and everything around me seemed to fade and in my mind's eye...I saw her. Bloodied and broken, but still alive.

Mother! I cried out to her.

She looked up at me. I knew you would find me, I just had to leave enough breadcrumbs...so now you know you have Jedi blood running through your veins...

Yes, I know and we're coming for you, don't give up on us...please! I begged. It won't be long, just hold out!

I'll stay as long as I can, it's hard...my son...it's hard...I love you and tell Argos, I love him... Her image started to fade as I could tell her consciousness was going.

Don't go! It was too late as I opened my eyes. Tears were streaming from them as I sat there in near shock. When she left my mind, I felt as if a huge emptiness bowled me over.

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:18:07 PM
I watched as Aramis made his contact. As quickly as it began it ended. I saw him look as if in shock. I reached out to him and put my arms around him to calm him. "Easy son, easy now. I have you. You succeeded didn't you?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:24:47 PM
I leaned against him for support. The procedure I just ran through left me exhausted, mentally and physically. I'd never felt anything quite like it.

"She's alive..." I breathed as I closed my eyes. "She's hurt, but alive. I told her we're on our way."

I felt sedated as my head began to ache.

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:33:21 PM
I sighed with relief as he told me the news. "Good job son. Rest now. I know this took a lot out of you. We're almost ready to go. So she won't have to suffer much longer."

I pulled his body away from mine and looked him in the eyes. "She is strong son. She will do anything she can to survive."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:40:09 PM
I nodded weakly and straightened. "I think, I'll be able to sleep now." I wanted to stand, but couldn't find the strength at that moment.

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:46:41 PM
I saw Aramis try to stand but appeared to weak to do so. I stood next to him and bent down to help him up. "Easy son, I'm here for you. After all, what good am I to you as a father if I can't help my only son?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:52:01 PM
His only son, that meant a lot to me as he helped me to stand. "I feel like I've been blasted." I said as I slowly began to walk, those charges would have to wait until tomorrow.

"She said that she knew I'd figure it out by leaving enough breadcrumbs...all that time, all those horrible visions were her. She was just trying to get my attention."

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:58:42 PM
As I walked with him as I supported him I listened to him. "Yeah she was. Funny though, all the time she was doing that she was speaking to me too."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:06:06 PM
We made it to my room and helped me over to my sleep couch. "Tell me how you met, I know you've told me before...but, I just like to hear it. It's a comfort to know that soon she's going to be back and we'll be a family again." Inleshat took pride in family, we were very close knit to our loved ones or the ones we referred to as 'our family'. I, too was like that, our family here was our clan and we all helped each other in the time of need. This was our time and our family was pulling through to help out any way they could.

Argos Ewan
Aug 27th, 2006, 10:19:23 PM
After helping Aramis in his bed I slid his boots off for him and covered him with a blanket. "Alright then," I replied as I smiled. I loved talking about Quay'Na. She had become the one person that had brought love and life into my soul.

"Well let's see. one day I was on the planet Biivren and I was selling things from previous raids to swoop gangs that were stationed there."

"I was there at the same time when the Empire began their Jedi Purge of that system. Even though your mother wasn't a fully trained Jedi she was still being hunted by the Empire along with other Jedi Knights."

"After a deal I had going on with the Blood Ravens, which were one of the swoop gangs that was there, I was being hunted by them because our deal went bad."

"Your mother and I found each other fighting back to back. Her against an Empire force and I the Blood Ravens. It was the strangest meeting I had ever had with any woman, but it took like plassteel. Once we were fused together we couldn't stay away from each other." I looked at Aramis and smiled at him. "It was shortly afterwards your mother brought you into my life. I wasn't really crazy about having a boy around during raids but your mother showed me how much of a good thing you would be in my life and she was right. Now, there is no way I'd ever let you out of my life."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:45:52 PM
I gave a shy smile. My mom was the best. "Ever since I can remember, you were always there. Teaching me, helping me along and my mother was there. She taught me how to rework anything, that was broken. If there was a will, there was a way and then both of you taught me never to give up. I'll never forget that."

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 07:29:30 PM
I slightly laughed and smiled at him. "You've always thought I was telling you to not give up? I've just always showed you that there is always a way. If you gave up or not was just up to you. And you know what? Every since then you've always managed to find a way. You did that on your own. That is what has always made me proud of you. Your own will to always figure things out. It is THAT which always made me proud of you. Your willingness and determination. I've even seen you take on things I knew there was no way of doing but I never said anything."

I looked at him as I shook my head and laughed again. "I can't forget how frustrated you often became when you couldn't resolve some things. You became so angry with yourself. Over time you finally learned what anyone person's limitations were." I grabbed my sides as I laughed even harder. "Even when you couldn't figure the impossible out you still insisted on trying. Still I wouldn't stop you. Oh I know it may seem cruel that I say that now, but out of all of that you learned sooooo much. Sometimes you even taught me things when you figured out what I even thought impossible."

I shook my head as I continued. "It was for these reasons and many more that you have enriched my life."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 07:49:09 PM
I laughed a bit myself. "Mom always claimed I was a perfectionist. She was always so gentle and caring, unless you ticked her off..." My mind went to that damn argument we had. "And I ticked her off. I don't know why, but I just needed some space at that time. I so wanted to get out on my own and now over the past six weeks, I've wanted nothing but my family. The thought of actually losing her had never hit me until she was caught by the Imperials. It was then that I realized how much my family meant to me."

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:00:03 PM
“Well son your mother and I both have thought about you a lot, always. Even through your mood swings. Here let me show you something. Hang on, I’ll be right back.”

I got up and walked to our quarters and went to a closet and removed an old tool and put into my pocket. Once I got it I went back to his room. I sat down in a chair and smiled at him. “Do you remember the time when you first worked on a tractor beam converter with me?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:04:42 PM
I remembered alright. "Yes, it was my first big project. I was so excited that you were allowing me to help you."

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:13:35 PM
“See if you remember this. While we worked on that I asked you to go and get me a left handed spanner wrench. I had spoken to everyone on the ship and told them I was going to send you to find it. You asked around for hours trying to find one for me. You finally got so perturbed that you went and made one.” I reached into my pocket and pulled it out. “Son, there is no such thing, but yet you made one and brought it to me. Your mother and I have kept it every since you gave it to me. I was totally amazed when you gave it to me!”

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:21:58 PM
Seeing that tool, brought back the memory of it. I smiled sheepishly and nodded. "I remember looking at a regular spanner and in my mind I simply made it backwards to make it left-handed. Jace used to say I could Jerry-rig anything I needed...and pretty much that's the truth. Mom said I was resourceful and for the longest time, I was like...what?" I shook my head as my gaze remained on that tool.

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:34:14 PM
I quickly thought to myself. "You were thirty-four then and look at you now. Your becoming an old Inleshat." I winked at him as I smiled. "Where does the time go?"

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:37:20 PM
"I wish I knew myself, I was but a child then," I sighed. "Seems like centuries ago."

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:40:24 PM
"Well that is nothing," I replied. "Wait until you get my age. Then you'll have something to complain about."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:45:56 PM
"Yeah, the creaky back and knees, having to eat prunes every day to keep the plumbing intact..." I couldn't help but, to laugh at that point.

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:49:25 PM
"No, No" I replied as I shook a finger at him. "It's my receding hairline. Yours will do this one day. And soon too I believe," I said as I smiled at him.

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:52:31 PM
"What!?!" I felt my hair up around my forehead. It wasn't doing any receding. "I'm not losing my hair!" I said seriously and then cracked a smile.

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:54:41 PM
I looked closely at his hair. "Oh I am so sorry. I didn't know this would happen this soon. Sorry son."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:08:24 PM
"Uh-huh...I believe that like I believe I need a hole in the head." I sighed as I thought, this was how it used to be all the time. We joked around and mom usually joined in at some point. But, it seemed this past six weeks everyone was walking on eggshells. Me included, I didn't know what to do and I missed it.

My smile left me as a chill filled my body.

Argos Ewan
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:19:31 PM
Well I tried to lift his spirits and it worked for a short time but at least he had a chance to at least breathe if not for just a moment. "Well I'm glad we got to have some fun but I know it just isn't the same with troubles on our minds." I stood up to leave. "You get some rest. I need some rest too. Tomorrow is a new day. Things will be better soon, I promise." I pulled the blanket over him and kissed him on the forehead. "Get some rest son."

Aramis Rakai
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:46:12 AM
"I will, Father. G'night." I answered as I rested my head against my pillow. I was utterly tired now and I think would have no problem getting back to sleep. I felt a little bit more at ease now, since I knew that I wasn't going insane.

"Father?" I said again right before he left. "I don't mean to be a problem, things were just kinda out of my hands tonight. It won't happen again."

Argos Ewan
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:29:41 PM
"Lights Dim," I ordered the lighting system and the light dimmed. "G'night Son and don't worry about things. Everything is going to be just fine and everything today wasn't your fault. Like you just said yourself, things were just out of your hands, all of our hands. Soon we will have control. Now get to sleep."

As i walked out the door the door hissed behind me and closed. As I walked toward my quarters I rubbed my head that now felt as if about to explode with pain. After I walked into my quarters I walked over to the bed and looked down at it. How bare the bed looked without Quay'Na sleeping there. I deeply sighed as the loneliness began to sink is. It seemed so strange that only now did I think of this.

I lay upon the bed and pulled a pillow close and the cent of Quay'Na was still upon it. I hugged the pillow and my eyes closed and I slowly fell into a deep sleep.

Aramis Rakai
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:30:40 PM
The lights dimmed and the door closed and for once I felt peace. Something I'd not felt in six weeks. Things were going to be alright, I just felt that they would be as I rolled over onto my stomach and fell to sleep rather quicky.