Aug 24th, 2006, 07:18:38 PM
The Tremere Chantry

Organization structure:
1 – The Regent: Roderick Alan
2 – The Primogen: William Brown-Turrel
3 – The Chamberlain: Albert Mabus
4 – Secretary to the Regent: Clara Mandelbrot
5 – The Master of Rites: Nikolai Werner

Description: Two three-story rowhouses. Founded during the Victorian era, though reputed to have been used as the base of operations for well known occult dabbler John Dee prior to its occupation by the Tremere. The two houses secret passages and tunnels linking them together. One house operates at the living space for the mortals associated with the chantry. The basement is inaccessible, and its existence is a secret to those living in the house. The second house contains a fairly extensive library, as well as the Regents office and rooms in which the chantry may entertain guests (including Kindred). The basements of both houses are connected together, with both serving as cloisters for the apprentices of the chantry. There is a further second underground level, which contains the majority of the chantry's library, armoury and collection of magical items. This is also where any rituals take place.

Handy Links:
http://www.iit.edu/~lance/tremere/cr_latin.html
http://www.iit.edu/~lance/tremere/cr_guide.html
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/8448/library.htm#top

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:11:41 PM
I'll think of a good name to register for a Tremere for you to play against for this thread. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:19:24 PM
Ossum :thumbup I'll NPC the Baali and Brown-Turrel :D

EDIT: Actually, if you want to play Brown-Turrel, by all means do. I won't have to assassinate myself then! ^_^;

Thaddeus Post
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:38:03 PM
I can NPC the Regent. :thumbup Just give me a thumbprint of his main character traits and I'll wing it from there. ;)

Tiny bit of this character - who I may or may not kill off in his first RP:
Traits:
+ Thaumaturgy
+ Auspex
+ Dominate

Thaumaturgical Path/s:
+ Spirit Manipulation - allows the thaumaturge to interact with and command denizens of the spirit world.
+ The Lure of Flames - one of the most feared paths, this conjures unnatural flame.

Thaddeus Post is a 10th generation Tremere, born in 1795, turned when he was 40.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:57:00 PM
Hopefully this will give you a feeling of who he is...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3f/B5_Matters_of_Honor_1.jpg/256px-B5_Matters_of_Honor_1.jpg
William Brown-Turrel; Tremere Primogen

Like most Tremere, he is prone to a lot of paranoia. He is very cautious and deliberate about everything that he does. He is quite cagey, a bit jittery at times. The Tremere were pretty much banned from London up until a little after the Victorian age, so he still feels the effects of that state of being outcast... like the Camarilla contingent there could turn on him again at any time. His loyalty is definitely with his clan over the Camarila, though he has served Gabriel fairly loyally since he allowed the chantry to open.

He feels some personal responsibility for the Sabbat having a Tremere on their side, as he was part of one of the many hunting parties who tried to find the few Tremere antitribu who managed to survive the initial purge. At this moment in time, he is very on edge, more so than usual. He has enough clairvoyance to know that something terrible is coming, but not enough to know exactly what that terrible something is.

He is very selective about those who he allows to become part of the chantry. The majority of the members have been there since the chantry's creation at the end of the previous Prince's (Mithras) reign. Some of those founding members have taken childer, however, and Gabriel has encouraged William to accept in apprentices from Europe, though he has only allowed a few people entrance.

Thaddeus Post
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:25:19 PM
That helps a lot. Let me know when to dive in. *rolls up sleeves*

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:21:16 PM
Okay I have just discovered that the Regent and the Primogen are positions occupied by two seperate people, so I added a little list of key-players into the first post. Obviously the attack is still on the Primogen, and the Regent is supposed to be fairly private, so he can just be mentioned in passing... probably noting his death :p

Thaddeus Post
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:52:28 PM
Ah, I see.

Well, I plan to play Dr. Post as sort of a loose cannon - an adventurer archeologist along the lines of Indiana Jones (but only during the night, of course) who likes to track down all manner of musty arcane artifacts. You'll see. He's going to be fun. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:11:50 PM
Post would probably get on well with Beckett :D
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Beckett

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:49:19 PM
^_^; Probably!

Sergei Vishnyakov
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:49:23 PM
Just trying to work out what order the key things will happen in...
Unrest in the chantry
Vahid's infiltration
The apprentice's plot together
Word arrives of Gabriel's gathering (When Worlds Collide)
Clara Mandelbrot's betrayal of the chantry
Vahid confronts William
The Baali hell-hole is opened

Thaddeus Post
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:52:26 PM
Add in there: Thaddeus runs around trying to rescue artifacts from the mayhem ;)

edit: saving a phrase for later:

Ne invoces expellere non possis.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:42:50 AM
<a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41272>London Bridge is Falling Down</a>

I took the liberty of assuming Thaddeus' part in Behold, the Cursed Seed of Enoch was over, and started the next RP for the Camarilla of London. ;) I think our Assamite friend could begin the Sabbat thread, to coincide with London Bridge...?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:05:40 AM
Sounds good to me :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 29th, 2006, 10:13:28 AM
I think I'll change it to remove the Nosferatu, I seem to recall them not liking to be in the company of others very much ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:56:37 PM
TO DO (not necessarily in this order):

* Establish discontent with Gabriel's leadership.
* Have the Parisians plus Fiona/Michele arrive.
* Co-ordinate the UK Princes.
* Lots of Masquerade breaches, as the Baa'li spread.
* Maybe throw in some Anarch gun-toting.

Everything needs to culminate in some massive attack somewhere in the country, on some specific point... somewhere that has enough suffering/etc to act as a staging point for a portal to hell (basically). Sansa and Gabriel both need to take critical injuries there, so that we have reason for the journey to Mexico (and for Sansa's little transformation :mischief).

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 11th, 2006, 07:02:52 PM
Hmm. What about Stonehenge?? I dont' know that its a center of suffering, but no one really knows what it was used for... ^_^;

Kassandra
Sep 11th, 2006, 07:18:00 PM
It's not unfeasible to think that Clara and Nikolai would bring a truckload of sacrifices there. It could easily be turned into a big ritual ground, with the stones acting like conduits to the hell dimension... or something like that. Since I don't have a whole lot of information on the subject, we can take a few liberties with how the Baa'li demon summoning process works ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:44:22 PM
Bumping this for significance... and because I'm not quite sure where we are anymore :huh

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:52:35 PM
Me either.

I think we're at the part where Gabriel takes a horrible wound and turns Sansa.