PDA

View Full Version : Its the Most Repetitive Time of the Year...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:40:07 PM
see: http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41225

You know what to do :mneh

SW
Dasquian
Vega
Salem
Daria
...anyone else you fancy :p

WOD
Gabriel
Sergei
Jude
Crowley
...again, anyone else you have thoughts on... Roland maybe ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:41:02 PM
Where's your fancy list of characters?!

I can't possibly remember who to comment about. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:42:36 PM
oh you realize I need to jump the bangwagon now that Jenny did :p

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:45:30 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Where's your fancy list of characters?!

I can't possibly remember who to comment about. ;)

fine fine :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:48:51 PM
Originally posted by Miranda Tarkin
oh you realize I need to jump the bangwagon now that Jenny did :p

Nothing wrong with it! They're the first KA character evals since the reset! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:06:19 PM
Ok a quick (relatively) reply, but I'll probably post more when I think of them.

Over all...

You're one of my favorite writers to read, and your WoD stuff has me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next! ^_^;

Salem Ave

I love Salem, though probably not as much as Razielle does. ;) He's what I think of as a Sith - operating in the shadows with his talons in a government and with two apprentices that know nothing of each other! You've also got the Palpatine/Darth Sidious duality going on with his alter ego Darth Callidus, which prompts a major thumbs up from me. :thumbup <-- see?

Since the reset I think you've done a terrific job re-creating Salem into a character that fits into the current timeline and he'll be a great leader of the group once we finally get the KA together. :)

Vega

*shudder*

While he's not as ironic or sarcastic or egotistical... no what am I saying? Vega is still all of those thing, just in a radically different way than he was before the reset. Somehow you managed to reimagine him completely while keeping the rotten core intact. You added elements of horror to him and stripped away the amusing bastard side - I mean, he's a cannibal now! *shudder*

But I think its great. He's still an intensely interesting character and I can't wait to see who he eats next. :yum

Daria

Want to see more of her! I like her character, but she has yet to make much of a splash in the big scheme of things. Although, it IS hard for a Jedi to make a big splash in the current timeline.

She's a good Jedi - following the Force and not her feelings - and I'd love to see more Daria/Wyl interaction after you get that one thread done. ;)

Dasquian

A dashing Rebel spy with a gorgeous sidekick, the new Dasquian is teh awesome. Never mind that you've kept the Rebel Alliance alive on the boards as a whole, your spy stories are well done and well thought out. Keep up the good work! I'd like to see more about his Hapan heritage, however, as we were teased with the little Hapan Princess and Queen RP a few months ago. ;)

Gabriel Rodermark

:love You keep the monster and the sympathetic sides of him in a good balance, and I think he's a great character. His interactions with Sansa are some of my favorite RPs ;).

Jude

This guy cracks me up - I think his posts are all terrific. You keep managing to come up with off the wall comments to throw off-handedly into his posts that fit the character so perfectly. And you make it look effortless. Good work - I demand more Jude.

Crowley

I like Crowley so far. The characterization is solid, and his little mannerisms from being a shapeshifter that turns into a bird and back fit perfectly. more more more!

Razielle Alastor
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:30:46 PM
Dasquian: I'm going to second this!

Keep up the good work! I'd like to see more about his Hapan heritage
Absolutely! Although I think long term the Queen needs to be gutted. ;) I love Dasq and Grace together, very nice.. :)

Vega: This is by far Vega's scariest incarnation. A man so evil it corrupts his body.. Yikes. He's still a self serving, superior bastard, with every right to be, of course. :rolleyes Can't wait to see what things unfold with him and Khendon. :)

Crowley: He is just adorable. I can't stress that enough. :) Very amusing.

Byron: Well.. I think I can give a wee opinion on him, although we haven't gotten to do much. Even though he is Gangrel, he is also a Prince and seems to have a very grand notion of the running and continuity of his city. I'll bet he can be pretty scarey too, what with Peter Steele as your avatar and all! :p We must do more though so I can get a better grasp! ;) Figuratively speaking of course.

Salem: By far, my favorite. I don't think that any of us have a snow balls chance in hell of doing anything that dosen't already somehow fit in with what Salem has in mind. Well, maybe Raz's little stunt at the ball, but now he is onto her.. LOL And I like your future, future plans for him as well. Very well suited. ;) I daresay he could rule the world. :love

Morgan Evanar
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:33:24 PM
Salem is such a controlling powerhungry jerk. That's the point, right?

Vega is a madman, warped by the Dark Side of the Force, of course. This is clear.

Jecht Tar
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:47:39 PM
You scare me...

That's all the evaluation your getting :)

Droo
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:37:15 PM
Salem:
I am only going to touch on this character because while I have followed him a little bit, it's not nearly enough to do him justice or any kind of real evaluation. Anyway, I love the situation he is in on Onderon, it puts him in a position of significance IC and OOC, and his duplicity is fun and intriguing. Maybe you have done this already and I've simply not found it but I'm eager to see the transformation from character to character in one post. Salem gives me the distinct impression that he is one to watch for the future.

Gabriel:
I was discussing this character with Peter earlier. And what I said was pretty much as follows: Innitially, I took Gabriel at face value as the handsome, cool vampire. It was a totally unfair first judgement but that was quite a while ago from The Council Convenes. Then when I realised that his and Rod's plot threads may actually intertwine, I looked deeper into the relationship he had with Sansa. The key word, I believe, is definately as Holly said: balance. He always has to maintain this regal front for his followers yet there are aggresive primal tendencies beneath the surface. This is very well documented via his conflicting feelings of possession and love of Sansa. Interestingly enough, I've actually been able to see deeper into the character via looking at him through Rod's eyes, what with all the stereotypes and prejudices and how Gabriel completely goes against them. I love first person narrative when it is done well, and you have given Gabriel an excellent(and regal) narrative voice.

I do have one almost rhetorical question to ask you: Gabriel is a character who appears to possess, materially, everything he could ever need. He's vampiric royalty with great power and influence. Once the threat of the baali is out of the way and he the love of Sansa, where can this character go? What would his goals be? While thus far, the sides I've seen of Gabriel have been leaving me eager to see more from him, what evidently lies beneath promises to be really something.

P.S. Gabriel is solely responsible for introducing the world to the man, the legend, Mr. Roland Salisbury, and you know how I feel about him. :love

Sergei:
It was hard to think of this guy without thinking of Katarina at the same time - which is part of the appeal really. They really do have a great chemistry. But now that he's having a scene alone with Sansa in Cursing the Darkness, I'm really seeing the character as a whole. He's delightfully cynical and cold. His exterior matches his personality to a T but one of my favourite moments with him so far, is the brief flash of embarassment after he succumed to the beast within and enjoyed that gruesome Emilie feast, We got to see what was deep beneath the surface but it's definately one of those moments that's best given in small teasing portions, which is what you've done. I really enjoy is condescending dialogue too, befitting of a character like him.

Most importantly, though, I must repeat to you what I said to Peter a while ago: You have a knack for choosing the best names for characters, I realy wish I knew where you got them from. I think giving your character the right name is of great significance and can influence who that character is but it never comes naturally to me. I spend a great deal of time mulling over names and segments of names and even then my choices are often iffy. I think from now on I'll simply ask you to conjure up my character's names in the future.

Primary example, the moment I read the name Roland Salisbury, that guy had a face, a dress sense, a voice, a personality, an objective, everything. And when I first saw the name Penelop Lloyd-Fraiser, I just thought: "That's got to be Jenny!"

General Devious
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:30:29 AM
Salem=Smooth and slick. I love the way you run this character. I haven't even read up on any of your others since I've been just trying to keep up with rps. But Vega a cannibal? Hearing that made me want to read him. If you play him at all like Salem it would be very interesting. Salem is winning everyone to his side. Now the question is will he be able to convince even Dalamar? lol

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:46:05 PM
Dasquian - How can I not love my partner in cri ... erm ... freedom! You don't give yourself enough credit as head of Intel. Dasq has this calm about him that is soothing to most of the Agents, cept some loose cannons like Kazaar ;) You demonstrate leadership well with him whereas Grace likes to just say how it is. She isn't always tactful unless him :)

Vega - Scary :( nuff said!

Salem - You do the dual personalities amazingly well! I took tips from you in the beginning as I was trying to figure her Majesty out. I love how he talks and handles situations with a perfect calm but underneath you always know he's plotting something.

Penny - MORE Penny!!! ^^

Crowley - I love this guy. He's nosey but you love him and the way you describe the shapeshifting is great as was said before ^^

Jecht Tar
Aug 25th, 2006, 05:44:42 PM
Salem I believe is the only one of your more active characters that I've ever really interacted with. But then again, I have not interacted much with him since the reset. So I could only comment one pre-reset Salem, and we can't have any of that now can we? This is, after all, the century of the fruitbat. No looking back, only forward!

Vega is creepily awesome. I think everyone agrees with that :)