PDA

View Full Version : Questions: Jedi Academy

Danny The Hedgehog
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:59:49 PM
I'm thinking of getting it, but I wanna know wether it's any good first

And I also want to know whether I have to pay a subcription fee to play online

Travis North
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:21:23 PM
Single player is pretty fun. Going through on the hardest difficulty with slow-motion deaths on is great.

Multiplayer is free, just be sure to have a good connection. The communities are alright, you can play just about anything. Content can also be downloaded from the web to enhance the game - Skins, weapons, maps, gamemods. It's pretty customizable.

I played it for about two years and helped operate a roleplay community on a classed based mod for a long time. It was great fun. Dueling and FFA are great, saber combat has many different styles and moves, so it doesn't get boring easily.

Overall it's a good game, if you get it, you'll enjoy it.

Danny The Hedgehog
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:24:37 PM
Thanks for the info, once tuesday comes and I get lots and lots of money, my age increases and my maturity decrease I'll log on to amazon to have a look

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:26:40 PM
You can get it at Walmart for ten bucks. Amazon has it listed at the same price.

Terran Starek
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:56:46 PM
I was a HUGE Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast fan when it came out. I almost flunked out of a semester in college becaue I got the game the week before finals week! :D

Academy has some cool features, but the new saber styles didn't do it for me. They were just . . . lacking. But, for flat out saber dueling and all around fun, it's worth 10 bucks no doubt.

Kassandra
Sep 5th, 2006, 03:25:25 PM
I seem to remember we had some fun, here, with JK2 when it first came out... having big group fights.

There is something very satisifying about a free for all lightsaber brawl :D

Tannis V'larr
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:25:39 PM
Have any of you played any Jedi Academy multiplayer recently? I've just started playing the game over the last few weeks, but I haven't been able to connect to any multiplayer servers. I don't know whether it's because there aren't any that are still active or because my school's firewall is just being stupid again.

Terran Starek
Sep 21st, 2006, 09:55:41 PM
I checked for servers also and couldn't find anything. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe they've quit hosting public ones.

Tannis V'larr
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:07:18 PM
:(

Maybe we'll just have to organize a few big SW-Fans lightsaber brawls at some point.

Yeah, I know it won't happen, but I can dream...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 23rd, 2006, 06:53:12 AM
I used to muck around with multiplayer a few years ago. I'll try and get my disc back from Ak for some Fans action :)

Terran Starek
Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:19:19 AM
I'd be in. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:38:51 PM
If we get enough people interested, I'll dig out my copy :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 27th, 2006, 07:27:16 AM
If I could ever figure out how to skin, I'd be so up for making some Fans character skins :D

Terran Starek
Sep 27th, 2006, 07:42:21 AM
That would be sweet! :D

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 27th, 2006, 07:44:23 AM
There's bound to be some LOTR skins out there... I can play as pre-reset Dasquian :p