PDA

View Full Version : How do we do ranks?

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:12:49 PM
I wasn't here for the reset so I have no clue how this is going down.

I was a Master when my comp died, and Chaos Alexander was a Sith Knight. What rank will Verse be now? I understand if I can't be a full fledged Master b/c of the Storyline. I just want to know where I stand so I can start to get in the game.

No matter the rank, anyone need a Jedi Guardian for a thread?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:36:31 PM
If you had a certain rank before the reset, you can keep it now. So either you can be a Master or Knight, whichever you prefer. Then whichever rank you don't use, you can transfer onto another character.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:52:08 PM
I would like Verse to be a MAster....but I would want to RP it out a bit first. Something like he was about to be prometed before the Purge. He was on Hoth (or somewhere remote) meditateing when it happened.

That way I don't just appear and go "I am a Master!". Someone told me once that you are a Master long before you get the title. You just get the privilage of teh title after people see that you deserve it. I want Verse be given the title after a lil bit.

I feel it will help with Story stuff to. Maybe after Nav gets the rank she can give Verse the rank. I will have a little time to find out.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:56:11 PM
You would probably have to adjust your characters age though, to be a Master. Here's something that was said when the reset initially happened:

"- Ranks... everyone is being given the opportunity to retain their existing character ranks in the new timeline if they wish. However, please try to keep it realistic. For example, don't claim your character was a member of the Jedi Council before/during the Purge. Additionally, please keep in mind ages relative to your ranks. If you wish for your character to have achieved the rank of Jedi Master, so be it. However, do a little math before you figure out your character's age. There is approximately a 23-24 year gap between the events of ROTS and the end of ROTJ. If wish to have your character be 40 years old in the current timeline, then your character would have been about 17 at the time of the Purge. Being a Jedi Master, or even a Jedi Knight, of the Old Republic is simply not realistic in this instance. For some perspective, the youngest Jedi to every achieve the rank of Master was Yoda, at approximately age 29 (according to EU sources). The younger your character is to be in the new timeline, the less experience you will need to build into their personal history."

(from this topic: http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38463)

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:43:26 PM
I did some thinking and I desided I would rather him be an experenced Knight. The age thing would be a drag (He would still look young due his regenative 'powers') , and I have a little 'Thread' rust on me.

I feel like I can get more use this way. Everyone is Knights right now so I could come into threads easier.

I also don't plan to be a Garou/Lupine this time. I never shape shifted much before anyway. I plan to be a 'Sub-Spieces'. Healing, and Hightened sences...I just can't change. Kind of like a cadet branch to a main branch (I went all Naruto on ya).

Ok...I a ready. Know any good threads about to start?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:07:45 PM
well first you need to clear up what you are. You're not a lupine/garou but a subspecies?

Starting with a good foundation of a race is really important ^^

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:08:43 AM
Blah. I am workin' on it. I am off from work today...but me and 3 of the guys that work for me are headin' to Hooters. Foue 21 year old men causein' trouble. Makes me feel young again. Let me see...

Race: Garok

The Garok is a little known race that is a branch of the Lupine race. They were the first attempt at a 'cloned army'. Instead of useing one person to make a whole army, Multiple DNA strands were used to create a large selection of warriors. The ability to change shape was taken away in hopes of being able to control the Garok. They hoped to create perfect warriors. Fast healing, Hightened sences, and more primal in a fight.

The project failed though because of all the random variables. The Garok as a whoel were very sensitive to the Force and was able to 'de-brainwash' themselves over a period of time. Useing multiple strands of DNA created to many different varations.

When the Old Republic came calling...they brought Jango Fett to feel their order. The rest is history.

The Garok were able to breed with ease due to all the differnt variations in the warriors. They soon scattered in hopes that they would be forgotten in time.

Ok. How is that?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:04:17 PM
Uh, you can't really be associated with the Lupines. They have a set heritage and history, that isn't really open for discussion.

Also, probably not a good idea to have association with canon characters like Jango.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:25:48 PM
Well, I have an association with a cannon character. Just I can't write any Tarkins that have been created... I created Lise and Andron myself :)

As for the Lupines... Dasq is right. That is a race that was created by him and extended upon by s'il? (not sure ^^;)

you have to make up something completely new on your own.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:06:21 PM
Hm......I will think of somethin'.

Serena Laran
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:49:11 PM
The Lupine species post-reset has a very set storyline and only two characters are Lupines at the moment. Not open more more, unfortunately!

I'm sure there are lots of species that have regenerative powers, however. Or shapeshifters, like Zam Wessel.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:15:17 PM
I am going with an Engineered Human. Hightened sences and Regenerative powers. Hand-full were made as an elite commando group on a planet in the outer rim.

A Jedi master took shelter there and Trained Verse and a handful of others before he died. After the Masters death, Verse left the planet in hopes of finding others like himself.

Simple...easy....and gets it ready so I can RP.