PDA

View Full Version : To hear your voice..

Arabella Balfour
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:04:15 AM
After leaving Byron, 'Bella had returned to the Maison, which was still quiet as a tomb. She shook her head at the choice of words that had crossed her mind. Rose nodded to her, but didn't say anything as she passed. Which said it all. Nothing new had occurred.

Arabella entered her own suite of rooms and kicked off her heels. She tried to think on how best to go about telling her girls that they would once again be required to make house calls. None of them would like breaking with routine. They would do it though, she paid well. Very well.

Moving into her bedroom she rid herself of the form fitting business suit and clad in nothing but her undergarmets, lay across her king sized bed. Once more, alone. She stared up at the ceiling wondering, not for the first time why she lived in her self imposed exile. Rolling onto her stomach she reached for the phone. She needed to hear a friendly voice.

She dialed Chicago, and waited.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:36:47 AM
CHICAGO, USA

:: Fiona was in the midst of a workout on the heavybag as her cellphone rang. After the third ring, she broke her rhythm and picked it up ::

"Hello?"

Arabella Balfour
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:40:45 PM
She smiled the minute Fiona picked up. The smile kept the somber tone of her distress to a minimum.

"You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice.."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:45:31 PM
"Arabella??? Is that you?"

Arabella Balfour
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:59:46 PM
She crawled up onto her pillows and lay on her side, curling her arms around herself.

"None other. I just got in from a rather stressful meeting with our Byron. Things are just not going well in Paris right now."

She didn't mention London. It wasn't that she didn't trust Fiona, she did. The information on the London attacks shouldn't have reached her ear's yet though, let alone travel across the Atlantic. She wouldn't repeat information she got from her Prince, not to anyone.

"How's life in the 'melting pot'?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:06:17 PM
:: Fiona noted the tone in Arabella's voice. She was deeply troubled about something ::

"Things are rather quiet here. What's happening over there?"

Arabella Balfour
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:45:28 PM
She blew out a half laugh, half sigh.

"The same. Quiet. Too quiet. Something is definately going on, although I can't be certain, at this point, what. It's like standing on a frozen pond, watching the ice around you splinter, not knowing which way to move.."

"So you haven't heard anything either.. I think I'd rather know, even if it's bad news."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:32:59 PM
:: Fiona sighed ::

"There's something you're not telling, me I think."

Arabella Balfour
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:49:29 PM
She knew she couldn't fool her old friend. Reading people to Fiona was as easy as reading a book. Wisdom of the ages..

Arabella hopped off the bed and cradled the phone between her ear and shoulder as she entered her bathroom. She unhooked her garters and rolled her stockings down one at a time.

"I'll say this. There may be a stronger threat than we have seen in some time. Keep your ears open for anything from London.."

"How is Michele..?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:36:09 AM
:: There was a pause over the line as Fiona's mind raced ::

"Michele is doing fine." she replied.

Arabella Balfour
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:44:55 AM
She chuckled into the phone while tossing her discarded clothing in a small basket. "Just fine..?"

Arabella sat on the edge of the sunken tub and turned the water on, running her hand under the stream, feeling the temperature. When it was hot enough she stopped the drain and tossed a splash of scented oil in the water.

"That's a record answer coming from you on one of your favorite subjects. You sure everything is ok? I don't mean to pry, I just have a bad feeling that I can't seem to get rid of."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:53:29 PM
"Should I be buying a plane ticket?" she countered.

Arabella Balfour
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:22:08 PM
"No! Not yet, I would not know where to send you!"

She nervously laughed into the phone. Grabbing a fluffy towel she tossed it on a warmer. Arabella slid her body into the water, laying her head against the rim of the tub. She tried to let the heat surrounding her melt away the tension that was built up inside her small frame. It was an excersize in futility.

"Just.. be careful. I'll tell you what I can. As soon as I can. You know that."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:35:22 AM
:: Fiona was moving down the hallway as she spoke ::

"Alright. You be careful too."

Arabella Balfour
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:13:43 AM
"You be careful..." Fiona's voice echoed in her mind. It wasn't the first warning of it's kind that she had recieved from her immortal friend.

Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens, London - 1819

The crush of the fashionable elite of the Season were congregated at Vauxhall this night it seemed. Every pretty young miss, from blushing husband hunters, to notorius demirep's, such as Arabella were being promenaded through the bowers and landscaped beauty of the pleasure gardens. It was early as far as the night went, the fireworks weren't for another hour, yet.

Arabella's warm brown eyes slid over her most recent Protector. Although he had some very strange mannerisms, he had been nothing short of good to her. She had amassed a small fortune as his Mistress and was living in a townhouse, fully staffed with servants happy to appease her every desire. Things could be worse. Things had been worse. Once she had rid herself of the last bit of morality that she possessed, her family had been quite well cared for. Then when they had been seen to, they abrutptly disowned her. The good name of theirs was simply not to be attached to a Cyprian of her reputation.

That was when she had hooked up with the Vicomte. He seemed withdrawn, calculating, as if he were assessing her worth at every moment. He had yet to take her to his bed, but she knew it would be soon. Perhaps this night. She would block out every emotion and do what must be done, she had to survive. No matter what it cost her.

"Are you enjoying the festivities, mon petit?"

"Yes, Vicomte. It is lovely, although I am feeling flushed. May we stop for a glass of lemonade?"

She was shown to a bench and the Vicomte went to fetch a glass for her. Fanning herself, Arabella cursed her fate once more and wished that she had been allowed the life she had been born to. She might have been here tonight on the arm of her future husband had her father not been a drunken reprobate and compulsive gambler. Her dowry had been squandered. Her family peniless. She had done what she could for them and still, wished them well.

"You ought to be careful you know.. " She turned to find a lovely young woman staring down at her.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:37:59 AM
"... the Vicomte is far from what is considered good company."

:: Her eyes followed him briefly ::

Arabella Balfour
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:59:24 AM
Arabella had no idea who the woman was, but somehow sensed that she should listen to her. Her gaze settled once more on the Vicomte, who was heading back their way with her drink. She was going to remark to the young lady that the Vicomte had been the soul of generosity to her, but when she turned, the lady was gone as suddenly as she had appeared.

"Here you go, my sweet."

"Merci, Vicomte" She accepted the glass and his hand and was pulled to her feet.

"Shall we stroll once more, somewhere more, intimate perhaps?"

Well, there it was, This was what he was paying her for. She plastered on a smile and slid closer to him, shoving her new doubts to the back of her mind. They found a grove, with a gazebo at it's center and she allowed him to pull her into his lap, on the cushioned bench.

"Do you know how lovely you are? You should remain this way forever, with the bloom of a girl in your cheeks and the wisdom of a practiced lover in your eyes."

He brushed a few tendrils of her hair from her neck and placed a kiss there. She would admit, he did have a way of making her resistence flee. His charm was nearly overpowering, especially now. His hands slid up the bodice of her dampened gold gown, they encircled her neck, tilting her head to allow him easier access to her throat. She was blissfully unaware of the peril that she was in. Her hands alighting on his dress coat and a small sound of pleasure escaping her throat.

She thought she felt a bit of pain from his love bites, but then all reason melted away as she floated on a sea of ecstasy. She barely recalled how she got home that night, tucked safely into her bed and awoke the next morning insaitiable and wanting to see the Vicomte again..soon.

"I'll be carefeul, Fiona. I'll keep in touch."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:39:20 AM
:: Fiona peeked ino the bedroom. Michele was armed with a drinking straw, engaged in mortal combat with Perceval ::

"Heads up. We're going on a trip."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:48:26 PM
"Huh?" Perc took my moments hesitation to pounce on the straw and purr in victory! I mush his furry face with my hand. "What about school?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:03:28 PM
"Oh, that's right. Sorry."

:: She disappeared into the wardrobe closet ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:19:01 PM
I pout. "So I guess I don't get to go to wherever it is you're going then."

Perc paws my face, sensing my disappointment.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:20:46 PM
:: She poked her head out ::

"Arabella called."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:25:09 PM
As if the news couldn't get any worse. Arabella was a friend of Fiona's from France who've I yet to meet. We've talked a ton of times over the phone and she's awesome and here's my chance to meet her and I can't. Bah.

"Is she okay?" Hopefully everything's fine over the Atlantic.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:30:50 PM
"She seems well enough, but I'd rather judge that face to face."

:: She stepped out of the wardrobe with a duffelbag ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:32:36 PM
Bah. This sucks. I want to go. Damn school. Before my first death I never really cared about going with Fiona when she needed to take trips throughout America and Europe. School always came first with me. Now? Feh. Knowing what I know, I want to experience new things and see new places. It's hard being the good girl!

I keep quiet and go back to playing with Perc who was more then happy to get back into the game.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:48:57 PM
"It's better that you stay here anyway. It could turn out to be nothing. No point in causing a fuss."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:55:13 PM
I finally throw my head back and sigh. "Yeah but it's France! And I never get to go anywhere with you when you need to run off to do things. Plus, what am I suppose to do if one of our kind show up and decide they like my head?"

Okay. So maybe I'm afraid too. I'll admit it. I mean, Fiona's a phone call away right now. But if she leaves, I'm all alone and as much as killing Bilan has increased my confidence, Fiona's my security blanket and she's leaving me...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:00:25 PM
:: She paused in thought a moment ::

"Right. You'd better get packing. I'll call Maria."

:: It was obvious now that Fiona was poking a bit of fun at her expense, but not out of malice ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:07:48 PM
I narrow an eye at her. "Do you even want me to go? Your mind changed rather quickly. First it's school, no you shouldn't go. Now it's, yeah you better go."

Reminds of the time her platform changed when I wanted to meet a Vampire with her for the first time. Oh you can't go! Oh wait, you're right. You can go.

Argh! Frustrating!!!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:11:21 PM
"I never said you couldn't go. You did."

:: She stepped out of the room towards the kitchen, and waited for the charge ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:28:39 PM
Perc races off the bed. I know where he's heading. It's where I'm going too.

By the time I get to the kitchen, our orange fuzzball is waiting patiently at Fiona's feet while she's preparing his food.

"So?" I lean over the counter. "I can't value your opinon on what I should do? Stay here and maybe have issues when you aren't around but be the good student, though I might end up dead. Or go with you where I know I'll be safer but play hooky."

I'm being pulled in two directions. My so called 'Real Life' that everyone believes that is me and then of course my true life that only a trusted few know of.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:33:09 PM
:: Fiona looked at her then, quite seriously ::

"I'm sorry. I just feel that something is very wrong."

:: She sat down at the table ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:58:23 PM
I slide around the counter and pull out a chair so I can sit with her. "Then more reason I should go right? I don't want you getting in trouble either."

I squeeze her hand but I'm still anxious as all hell. I keep doing mental flip flops, wavering back and forth if me going is still the right decision but I'm trying to be stronger now for Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:05:24 PM
"She was vague in regards to what was troubling her, but she did mention London. I think we should leave tonight."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:10:38 PM
I try to be cheerful. "I finally get to try out my French!" If there was trouble, I want to be with Fiona and help out her friend.

I hopefully will be only missing one day of school since the day after tomorrow is Friday, which is no school. Hoping that the weekend is enough time to get things straightened out.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:40:22 AM
:: Fiona smiled briefly and gave Michele a peck on the cheek ::

"I have a few calls I need to make, if you could get us packed."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:43:18 AM
"Sure thing." I smile briefly and then head on back to the bedroom to pick up where Fiona left off, cept I grab another bag for myself. I'll go with my prediction of this taking no more then the weekend and pack for four days.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:18:48 AM
:: Fiona hit speed dial to call an old friend ::

"Brigid? Yes, I need you to watch over things for me. I need to make a trip out of the city."

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:19:11 AM
"Do I get the keys to the car?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:24:27 AM
:: Fiona rolled her eyes, knowing this would be a necessary sacarfice ::

"Yes, but I need you to keep an eye out for things. Okay? How soon can you be here?"

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:29:04 AM
"I'll be there in two hours."

:: Brigid nodded as she waited through the rest of Fiona's instructions, then slipped on her leather jacket and grabbed her Hanzo sword. Firing up her motorcycle, she was off to Chicago ::

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:49:04 AM
:: Fiona made a few more calls. One to Maria, to let her know the two of them would be out of town ::

"I have a friend coming up to watch over things while we're gone. She's one of our kind, another student of mine. Her name is Brigid."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:18:48 AM
"Oh really?" Neat. I've never met one of Fiona's students before. Just her Immortal friends that have passed through here, which unfortunately were few. More often then not, it was an Immortal that had unfinished business with Fiona or just thought that they could take her down.

"I'm still your favorite tho right?" I call out playfully from the bedroom as I'm almost done packing. "Student that is."

I might not know Brigid's age but she's older then me by common sense. So safe bet, she could kick my butt just as soundly as Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:25:38 AM
:: Fiona dashed back in to tickle Michele unmercifully ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:28:09 AM
"GAH!!!!" I squirm within her arms and end up hitting the side of the bed and bounce to the floor, all the while laughing hysterically. Fiona found out quit a bit ago that I'm just as ticklish as she is. "Okay!! OKAY!!! I get it!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:41:52 AM
:: Fiona relented and kissed her on the lips ::

"I need to go to the Fanum. If she gets here before I get back, it's ok. I told her all about you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:47:51 AM
"Good. I wouldn't want a misunderstanding." I smile and kiss her back. "Say hi to everyone for me."

Fanum is a Garou hangout. Most of the werewolves of Chicago go there for refuge if they're in town. I've been there a few times and since any friend of Fiona's is a friend of theirs, I was welcomed with open arms.

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:05:26 AM
3 HOURS LATER -

:: Brigid parked her Honda Shadow in front of Fiona's and looked up at the third floor. Her mentor never lacked for style. She made her way up, sensing Michele as she knocked on the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:13:54 AM
I'm up with Perc on the couch, listening to some Lacuna Coil when I felt that familiar tingling sensation in the back of my mind. Then came the knock. Looks like Brigid's here.

Okay. Relax. She's Fiona's student and she's cool. Nothing to be nervous about, we're all in the same boat. I shake out the last bit of nerves and open the door with a smile. "Hey Brigid."

Needless to say, Brigid and Fiona had two completely styles of dress. Fiona's wardrobe was huge and expensive. Brigid is the leather clad Immortal. "Nice to meet you."

The funny thing is, I know we've never met but I get this strange sense of deja vu when our eyes meet. I swear I've seen her before. "Come on inside."

Maybe it's one of the flashes that happens with Quickening absorption. Maybe Balan ran into her once?

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:20:11 AM
:: Brigid smiled at her ::

"So your the new kid, huh?"

:: She stepped inside, whistling as she checked out the surroundings ::

"Sweet."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:24:47 AM
New kid? I frown as I close the door but I guess I would be a 'kid' to someone like Brigid. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

"Yeah, it's amazing all right. We just moved in not that long ago." Perc had himself perched ontop of the sofa to get a good view of this new stranger.

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:28:37 AM
:: She sat down on the couch, setting her bag on the floor as she made herself at home ::

"So, where's Fiona?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:30:29 AM
Okay. Not very personable but that didn't matter to Perc. He hopped right into Brigid's lap.

"She's at the Fanum and should be back soon. Did you want anything to drink?"

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:35:07 AM
"Guinness please."

:: She chuckled and scritched the ginger tabby as she waited for a cold one ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:38:02 AM
I grab a bottle out of the fridge and a diet coke for myself. "Here ya go."

I chuckle at Perc. He loves the ladies.

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:46:55 AM
"Thanks."

:: Perceval hopped down as Brigid opened her beer ::

"Fiona's told me alot about you. I heard you took one down already." she grinned.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:50:17 AM
"Yeah," I say without pride. Killing Balan might have instilled confidence in myself, but I still have a lot to learn. Brigid seems impressed or amused that I took down an Immortal. I can't tell which. "Did you ever come across Balan?"

Well, might as figure out if my deja vu theory is right.

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:08:57 PM
"I drank him under the table once. It was pretty funny."

:: She took a long chug of beer as they felt another Immortal, and smiled as the door opened ::

"Mommy's home." :D

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:15:27 PM
:: Fiona's cheeks puff at the greeting, but she softens quickly at the sight of her two students together for the first time ::

"Good to see you again, Brigid."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:17:26 PM
Well, that explains that. Balan did run into Brigid once upon a time. Brigid's greeting to Fiona when she comes home cracks me up.

"Did everything go all right with the Garou?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:23:40 PM
"Aye. I've also sent messages to Maria and Inyanga, so all bases are covered while we're gone."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:25:25 PM
I turn sheepish. "Is Mrs. Ceffaclio okay with things?"

I mean this is the second time this semester I'm missing class. Car accident, people understand. Last minute ditching ... erm ... Well, hopefully Fiona gave her a good excuse.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:39:44 PM
"Relax. She knows about us. You don't need to fret about that anymore."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:42:04 PM
My mouth drops open, completely stunned. "What?! How long has she known and you didn't tell me??!!"

This changes my perspective alot. My teacher and Fiona have seemingly been buddy buddy well before I entered the picture. So what the hell! Why am I the last to know about these things???

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:51:30 PM
:: Fiona winced at the scalding ::

"She's known since the car crash, okay?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:09:18 PM
Okay, I'm extremely ticked off right now with this news. Fiona might not have lied to me, but she kept this from since the accident??? Since Gregor??? I can understand not telling me before all that since I was just a normal girl just trying to get an education but I say again ... What the hell???!!!

My eyes narrow and I don't say a word. I just get up and head to the bedroom to unpack my bag. One of my biggest concerns of not going was I'd be clueless if another Immortal shows up. Well, Brigid is here now, so that solves one problem.

I might not be over a thousand years old and might be some kid but I'm sick of being treated like I'm something fragile that needs constant emotional protection. If learning about Vampires didn't make me looney you'd think I could be trusted more.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:20:07 PM
:: Fiona sighed and followed her into the bedroom while Brigid made a beeline to explore the kitchen ::

"What are you doing?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:24:09 PM
I don't look at her. "I think it's pretty obvious what I'm doing."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:25:29 PM
"We don't have time for this, Michele Hawkins. I'm sorry."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:28:19 PM
"I'm tired of I'm sorries and not being trusted." I shove the bag to the side and sit down on the bed. "So just go."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:36:10 PM
:: Fiona just stood, looking as though she had been slapped ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:39:35 PM
I can feel myself shaking. I haven't been this angry with Fiona since the car accident. At least then I could see I was being a complete fool and that my fear was making me lash out at her. In the end, I realized that she kept my Immortality a secret to protect me.

But after that, there shouldn't be anymore secrets between us that concern me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:47:38 PM
"Brigid is still staying whether you come with me or not. I'm leaving in an hour."

:: She sniffed, then disappeared into the bathroom to wash her face ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:57:43 PM
When I hear her voice crack, my eyes start to get wet. My face tightens with confliction and when I try to say something, my mouth locks up because of the pain I'm feeling.

I don't know what to do anymore. Something always takes the winds outta our sails when I think everything's perfect. This life isn't easy for Fiona and certainly not me, but I'm dependant on her. So when she hides things from me, I hurt just as deeply as the day my mother died ...

My feet shuffle their way towards the bathroom. That's when I hear her sobs. Damnit. I go inside and don't say anything. I just slide my hand across her shoulders to let her know I'm there.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:02:30 PM
:: Fiona looks up, pouting into the mirror at Michele's reflection ::

"I'm fine, Michele Hawkins."

:: she sniffed again and wiped her cheeks dry ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:09:56 PM
"No you're not." I move around her and sit on the edge of the sink, watching her like a hawk. "Neither am I."

Silence as she continued washing her face.

"You know, everything was fine with us until I died. I mean, even with Gregor, as much as I freaked out and thought you were a monster, I still understood why you didn't say anything to me. The same was true with why you couldn't tell me I was an Immortal. But you'd think I could be trusted enough to know what's going on now, huh? I've seen things that other people would be committed for. But I haven't gone insane because of you. My life revolves around you Fiona, and I trust you so much that it hurts when stuff like this happens. You don't need to hold back anymore. That's what I don't get about you and that gets me so angry."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:31:22 PM
"Alright. No more holding back then. I'll tell you everything."

:: She walked out into the living room again and sat ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:33:36 PM
See? I'm getting better. It didn't take me as long to calm down and explain what was bothering me to Fiona this time. Now I can finally get some answers as to why I've been kept outta the loop for so long.

I head into the living room and sit down across from Fiona, waiting for her to start talking. I don't want to push since she's gonna be forthcoming and all.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:40:33 PM
:: She glanced at Brigid, who set aside the bag of sunchips to give the moment full attention ::

"It was thirteen years ago when I found you, the night your Mother was killed."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:44:05 PM
Just like that, I stop breathing. I'm not sure if it was because I was in shock or that was the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard come outta Fiona's mouth.

Finally I inhale and then chuckle. Mainly because this was giving me such weird vibes. "What're you talking about? Two cops were there that put down that rabid dog. They just didn't arrive fast enough to save mom though."

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:46:07 PM
"It wasn't a dog, Michele. It was a Black Spiral Dancer."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:49:45 PM
"What???" My head is caught looking between the two of them. Brigid's response throws me for a loop because there is no way she could have known what Fiona and I were arguing about. We weren't yelling or anything.

And a Black Spiral Dancer? I would have remembered that! A sick twisted version of a Garou would have stuck in my mind ...

"No. This makes no sense. After being with you for so long Fiona I woulda remember it was you that was there."

... unless ... No. Why would that have worked on me? I'm not a normal person.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:52:49 PM
"The Delirium, and the shock of your Mother's death blocked it from your mind. Brigid and I were the ones who saved you that night."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:55:09 PM
I'm on the verge of tears as Fiona continues. "But that shouldn't have worked on me!"

I won't accept that I've been lying to myself for the past thirteen years. Not after that high and mighty speech that I haven't gone insane with all the things I've seen!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 03:07:29 PM
"You were a child, Michele Hawkins. Neither Immortal nor awakened."

:: She slid a journal across the table, with pages dated from 1993. they spoke of the war in Chicago between the Kindred and the Garou. The attack on the Succubus club. Lodin's Blood hunt. The taking of the Fanum by the Black Spirals and the invasion of the Sabbat into the city. Storms that grew worse under a stormy red sky, and red swans. It also told of the night Michele's Mother was murdered by the Black Spiral Dancer ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 03:17:30 PM
I flip through the pages, swallowing every word with my eyes with incessant greed. The pages were written in Fiona's perspective but eventually the words faded away until my mind filled in the rest of the puzzle for me....

"MOMMY!" I was just a little girl, balling her eyes out over my mother's dead body. The light from her eyes had burned out seconds ago and all I could see was fear. Not of her own death but knowing that I could die.

The scent of tar choked me and the growls of the angry black beast were ignored. I just wanted mom to magically wake up and save me. I shook her torso, trying so desperately to bring her back to life!

I could hear a howl and the stench of decay enveloping me. I felt droplets of rain hitting my head when in fact it was the saliva from the Black Spiral Dancer who's lustful and hungry. Unaware of my fate, I was then tackled by someone. I felt my head scraping against the ground and I scream as my mind reels with fear ... A woman’s voice tries to soothe me but I fight to break free of her grasp, violently yelling for the comfort of my mother's arms. My eyes are blurred from the hot tears and I lose sight of her. Instead I see the Black Spiral Dancer is engaged in combat with Brigid. I watched in wonder as this girl attacks the corrupted Garou with nothing but a sword. And when I looked up at my savior, I stared into the warm eyes of Fiona ...

"NOOOOOO!" I let go of the journal and bury my face within my hands as the Delirium finally broke, forcing me to relive the memories of loosing my mother. Forcing me see her mauled form die before my eyes! It was all true. Everything that they said was all true!!!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 26th, 2006, 03:22:21 PM
:: Fiona leapt from her seat, to hold Michele again as she wailed. She looked over her shoulder at Brigid as tears ran down her own cheeks. She held Michele close, until she calmed again ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 26th, 2006, 03:28:53 PM
I cling against Fiona so hard that I might be hurting her. I don't know. All I know is I can't stop this pit of sorrow from overtaking me. All these years and magic kept the truth from me.

I feel so helpless and weak that I collapse within my lover's arms. She rescued me that night, her and Brigid. I wonder now as my choking sobs die down … How long has she been watching over me?

That notion calms me further, but my chest is still heaving from the shock of what I remembered. It takes all my strength to lift my head but I wanted to see Fiona's eyes again. Those same brown eyes that were strong for me all those years ago and continued to be for me now.

A smile tries to appear through the pain I'm feeling as I hold her cheek, wiping away a tear that newly fell. ”Just the way I remember them.”

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 11:57:51 AM
:: Fiona blinked in confusion ::

"Remember what???"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:02:53 PM
"Your eyes." I kiss her confusion away. "They way you were looking at me. It was ... like it was back then."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:11:03 PM
:: Fiona leaned her forehead against Michele's ::

"I wanted to take care of you then, but with everything that was going on in the city, I couldn't."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:22:53 PM
"I understand." And I truly do. How could Fiona take care of a little kid with war breaking out? She saved me from my first death back then. If she hadn't, I might have been stuck as a six year old child forever. I don't want to even imagine how terrible that would be. Having your mind become fully aware of the world around you and your mind growing intellectually as well as emotionally, realizing that there was a part of life you could never experience.

Okay. Too depressing. It didn't happen so I'm not dwelling on it. Let's go back to happy thoughts like Fiona.

"But you did watch out for me as best you could. It was no coincidence I ended up in Mrs. Ceffaclio's class." I smile. “Right?

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:32:48 PM
"Could be." she teased, kissing her on the nose. "Are we okay now?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:35:28 PM
I pull her close and hug her tightly. "Yeah. I'm sorry."

Bad timing on my part to have a fight, but there was still plenty of time to repack my things and catch our plane to France.

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:55:15 PM
"What, no hug for me? I saved you too, kiddo." :mneh

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:56:58 PM
I laugh and pull away from Fiona. "Thank you Brigid! But, you did more then that for me. I remember that you watched over me for awhile. I ... just can't recall how it fits in tho."

My memories of Brigid are hazy. I know that I was with her for a period of time, I'm just not sure for how long. All I do remember is an apartment of some kind and big old brown couch that I was laying on.

Brigid Cassidy
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:30:12 PM
"I'll tell you all about it when you get back. You need to get going."

:: She bit into a sun chip and turned on the big screen ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:37:34 PM
"Fair enough." I nod and get up to pack my things again. A lot of time was wasted and we needed to get going right away. But, I have my answers and even in that small time frame where Fiona explained everything, I feel like I'm connected to her in a way that I haven't been before. I mean, she's been like my Guardian Angel for the last thirteen years, silently watching over me. Minus the bumps and bruises that are a part of life, I've been lucky that things have turned out so well for me. I'm so grateful for Fiona but I'm also fearful. I really don't know what I'd do without her ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:47:01 PM
PARIS

:: Fiona yawned again as she shook off the sleepiness from the flight, and retrieved her bag from the pickup ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:53:16 PM
I grab mine too and we head off to the main entrance leading outside. I tried to sleep on the plane ride over but my mind was plagued with nightmares of my mother's death. Everytime I closed my eyes to try and drift into sleep, I see the red eyes of the Black Spiral Dancer coming after me ..

So for over twenty hours, I've been awake. Great first impression for Arabella to see with my matching luggaged under my eyes.

Arabella Balfour
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:23:02 AM
Despite her best efforts to keep her friends out of, what she considered "her own mess", Arabella was dismayed to recieve a voicemail from Fiona and Michele, just before their takeoff from Chicago. She sighed. She should have known that the unrest would have Fiona skipping the globe to get answers herself.

Her home and business front, The Maison Plasir had been lucky so far and had escaped the notice, or at least attention of any serious retaliations. That and she had Byron's protection, which went far in his domain. Although the Maison was always weclome as a safe haven for all of her friends, she would understand if they didn't wish to settle into the place most likely to be at the center of the trouble. She had arranged for a limousine to meet them, a bouquet of fresh flowers waited for Michele with a note.

Michele,

Bienvenue vers Paris! Welcome to Paris. Mai la Ville de la Lumière apprécient beaucoup plus de vos visites. May the City of Light enjoy many more of your visits.

Arabella.

She knew that even if Michele did not read French that Fiona would be able to tell her what her note said. Another similar note was folded, set beside a bottle of Champange and two glasses.

Welcome back my friend.

As always you are welcome to remain with me at the Maison. Understandably, this visit is not only for pleasure. There is a room for you at the Hotel De Crillon, if that would better suit your stay. Either way, I await you when you have settled in properly.

'Bella.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:30:59 PM
:: Fiona smiled at the note, and the look on Michele's face ::

"Where shall we go first?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:47:08 PM
I squint at the note, not because I couldn't read but because I could read it! This was so cool! I bury my nose into the beautiful bouquet and inhale its wonderful scent! This was so sweet of Arabella! And Champagne!

"Well," I set down the flowers in my lap but the floral aroma still lingers," We should get settled first then go see her since it's important."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:06:21 PM
"Hotel De Crillon, S'il vous plait." she said to the Chauffeur.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:14:13 PM
It was a fifteen minute ride to the hotel and just like when we were in Austria, my eyes grow big and triy to take in everything around me. Paris is beautiful and it had to be even more gorgeous at night! I'm a kid in a candy store all over again.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:36:19 PM
:: They arrived at Hotel de Crillon and escorted to their suite. Fiona was grinning at Michele the whole time as she led her by the hand ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:40:44 PM
The only reason my feet moved on their own was because of Fiona leading me by the hand. I was too awestruck by the magnificence of the hotel that I had to be careful not to drool. This was just as amazing as the hotel in Vienna!!

But the room was bigger!!! Huge king size bed, space as big as a living room of to one side and a fireplace!

I'm so glad I ditched class.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:55:24 PM
:: Fiona sat down and called Arabella on the cellphone while Michele was lost in the wonder of their suite ::

"Arabella, we're at the the Hotel. Thank you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:56:08 PM
I was in the bathroom and giddy with delight. "We got a whirlpool!!!"

Arabella Balfour
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:35:30 PM
Arabella smiled fondly, sighing into the phone. She had heard Michele's burst of excitement regarding the suites bathroom. She laughed.

"Fiona! She likes elaborate bath's. You'll have her living the decadent life in beautiful Paris, if you stay too long."

'Bella laughed the warning in her heavily accented voice. She was charmed by the sudden visit, not realizing, until now, how much she needed it.

"You are most welcome. It has been a long time and I truly am happy you are here. Are you all settled in..?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:39:10 AM
:: Fiona chuckled ::

"Aye, everything is splendid. What time shall we meet?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:48:21 PM
After my thorough inspection, which included playing with the TV and seeing what little bathsoaps and lotion we got, I hop onto the bedroom and bounce over next to Fiona. "So when we going?"

I'm so excited to meet Arabella!!!

Arabella Balfour
Sep 5th, 2006, 05:06:53 PM
"Whenever you would like, of course. Business hasn't picked up. I'm not needed here right now, I'll be informed of any changes." She paused, suddenly not sure how best to entertain Michele. She was the one who was here for pleasure.

"I imagine Michele would be quite taken with a shopping trip to Haussmann boulevard. We could waste a few hours and much money on frivolities then go for a quiet dinner perhaps?"

Arabella herself was quite fond of shopping for pretty frilly things. She hadn't mentioned it to anyone really but the Maison was not her only source of income anymore. She had created her own perfume and was the sole designer of an exclusive lingerie boutique. They would be treated as royalty if they stopped into any of the shops that carried her line.

"Anything you desire, as always. You know how I aim to please."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 05:29:55 PM
:: She looked at Michele's expectant face ::

"I think Michele will love the idea. Within the hour, then?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 5th, 2006, 05:35:36 PM
"What idea?!" I tug on her coat like a silly five year old going to Disneyworld.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 5th, 2006, 06:04:58 PM
"A little shopping trip and then dinner."

Arabella Balfour
Sep 5th, 2006, 10:11:27 PM
"Excellent. I'll swing by and pick you ladies up." She dropped her voice, having a hard time with the words.

"Fiona, thank you again for coming. I know I am terrible at asking for help, I do appreciate you coming. Something is very wrong."

Arabella said her goodbyes, after giving Fiona a time frame of when she would be by. She dressed quickly, by her own standards, and was sliding into the back of yet another limo in no time. Her light grey sweater and white dress pants a contrast to the severe black interior and exterior of the car. Her hair had been twirled into a mass of ringlets and pinned, just so. She was meeting Fiona's darling Michele for the first time and was determined to make this visit as pleasant as possible for the young lady.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:19:38 PM
:: Fiona stepped into the bathroom to preen, and spotted Michele making a face behind her back ::

"Oh, don't get cheeky with me!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:29:11 PM
I grin. "You look fine. I'm the one that should be worrying anyway since I'm meeting Arabella for the first time."

I wander outta the room and start going through my luggage. My choices were quite ... scant. Jeans, sweatshirts, a few nice tops but nothing for really going out out. I kinda had to pack in a hurry after the fight and all ..."I don't know what to wear that won't make me look stupid."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 12:56:52 PM
"Oh you're fine. You can borrow my hat if you like." she winked.

:: She put it on Michele's head and admired her ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 6th, 2006, 01:12:13 PM
I smile and set the hat on right. "So I take it you approve? Sloppy Michele with nice hat for the win?"

I know she does. I can tell by the look on her face.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 6th, 2006, 01:34:42 PM
"You're not sloppy. Think Bohemian."

:: She grabbed her coat and waited downstairs for Arabella to arrive ::

Arabella Balfour
Sep 7th, 2006, 05:35:32 AM
She didn't wait for them in the car. As soon as Arabella spotted Fiona, she was opening the door herself, hopping out with a smile. She took one look at the pretty young woman tagging along with her old friend and melted. She was simply adorable and a welcome distraction. She moved forward and took the young lady's hands in welcome.

"Enchanté, Michele.. I have heard so much about you. It is a pleasure to finally meet you." She brushed a quick kiss to her cheek and turned to Fiona.

"Lovely as always, Fiona." She folded her friend into a gentle hug and gave her shoulders a fond squeeze.

"Shall we..?" She gestured to the waiting car with a grin.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 7th, 2006, 01:40:12 PM
:: Fiona returned the embrace as Michele hopped into the limo ::

"Good to see you again, 'bella. It's been too long."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:36:56 PM
It is a pleasure to meet you too Arabella! I'm so glad I could come!

I said it in perfect French and I was flying high on my awesome language abilities! Course, I then get distracted by the snazzy limo. Fiona and Arabella join me and eventually we head off. Nothing was spoken about what was bothering Arabella. It was just a girls night out. Catching up, getting to know one another and spending a lot of money.