PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Intricacies of Love

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 12:55:54 PM
:: Fiona stretched in the center of the fitness room, clad in a black yoga unitard. A whistle from behind her broke her concentration, and she peeked over her shoulder at Michele ::

"Very cute."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 12:59:20 PM
I stroll up to her and smile, "I can admire."

Little did I know that Fiona had an entire room dedicated to working out. There were weights (loose weights and devices), various cardio machines like a treadmill, and lots of punching bags. The center of the room was a large squared mat which I presumed was for her martial arts training. I basically found out about this room a few days ago when she went back to her physical routine and couldn't find her. I poked my head in here and my jaw dropped. People pay good money for this as a service. She had it all here and it made me wonder just how well to do Fiona was...

Moving around to her front, I lay down on my belly with my feet swinging back and forth in the air. "Whatcha doin'?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:21:42 PM
"Getting back into my routine again. I've gotten a bit lazy." she replied, settling into a full split as she raised her arms above her head.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:26:01 PM
My head follows the motion with much enjoyment. Hello ... "I didn't know you were that flexible."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:34:40 PM
:: Fiona leaned forwards on her belly, trying to hide the smile on her face as Michele oogled her. Instead it brought her face closer to Michele's and she laughed ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:37:51 PM
I laugh. "I'm clearly a distraction."

I hop up to my feet. "I'll leave and letcha be."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:40:43 PM
"No, please stay!" she cried, hopping up to keep her from leaving. She caught Michele's hands and smiled sweetly.

"I don't mind."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:44:03 PM
Well, can I really say no with a face like that? She looks so awefully cute and pitiful at the same time.

"Okay." I kiss her. "I'll stay but where can I be so I'm not in the way."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:47:59 PM
"Bah, you're welcome in here whenever you want. It's nice having someone to share it with. Sit wherever you like."

:: Fiona kisses back, then returns to her yoga routine ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 01:54:57 PM
I find a bench against one of the walls by the windows and sit down as comfortably as I can. Eventually I just lay across my belly again, Fiona must think I'm lazy, heh. Least I can watch from here and get a little idea of how what a real workout looks like. My only exposure to that was in High School and I know they were rushing you through it and only touched on the basics.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:01:07 PM
:: After a few minutes, Fiona rose up again and began the shaolin five animals form ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:04:51 PM
I lay there in fascination as Fiona began her routine. My knowledge of the martials is, well zilch, but she has to be a black belt in something. Maybe two things. It's amazing to see how skilled she is especially for being so young. She must've been studying since she was old enough to walk.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:13:27 PM
:: Tiger, Crane, Leopard, Snake, and Dragon. Fiona seemed to transcend herself and become each creature in mind and spirit as she moved. She completed the cycle and then looked over to Michele ::

"Would you like to learn?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:16:53 PM
Only when she looked at me did I realize she was done. I blink several times and laugh as if that was the funniest thing I've ever heard. "Oh please. I can barely chew gum and walk at the same time. Only thing that has coordination is my fingers and feet, but that's music."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:20:09 PM
"I can teach you, if you like." :)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:21:14 PM
I raise a brow. "Are you sure? I might break something. And when I mean something, I mean me."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:25:12 PM
:: Fiona gave a warm smile and held out her hands to Michele, encouraging her to get up from the bench ::

"Oh come on and try. I promise you won't get hurt." :)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:28:50 PM
I really don't feel too confident about this, but I know Fiona won't let anything happen to me so I take her hands and stand up. "All right."

The hesitation in my voice lets her know I'm still nervous but I'm pretty sure she knows that already.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:09:52 PM
"First, let yourself relax. Close your eyes."

:: She let go Michele's hands and did likewise ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:14:26 PM
When Fiona closed her eyes, I glance about the room in some reflex like if I do the same, someone's gonna jump me. Silly, I know but I've always been on edge with the way I grew up. Always having to watch your own back and wondering if the person you were talking to was gonna stab you anyway (physically and mentally).

It was just Fiona tho, so I have no reason to be so anxious. I close my eyes and try to relax. Course, I really don't know how to do the last part. I kinda rest my weight on one leg, then the other. Dangle my arms and shake'em to chill ...

... then I peek over at Fiona to see what she's doing.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:18:18 PM
"Now," she said, her eyes, still closed, unaware Michele was peeking at her.

".. focus on breathing. In through your nose, and out through your mouth."

:: Fiona fanned her arms above her head slowly as she did so ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:21:01 PM
Least I wasn't caught peeking, but now I got a better way to do this. I try and take on a similar stance as her and repeat the motions with my own hands, while I breathe as instructed.

After a minute of this, I get into a nice rhythm. But it's still weird, focusing on breathing like this. I never really thought about how I breathed. I just, ya know, did it.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:24:11 PM
:: Fiona opened her eyes again, then guided Michele through the basic movements of a tai chi form, one movement at a time ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:27:45 PM
So I open my eyes and focus on Fiona's arm movements. She does them slowly, sometimes two or three times to demonstrate if I need it and try to mimic it back to her. I feel like I'm all rigid and stuff compared to how graceful Fiona is, but I gotta keep trying to remember she's been doing this a lot longer then me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:31:19 PM
:: Fiona's face was passive, and her nature one of patience as she guided Michele through the series of soft, circular, open handed movements ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:32:58 PM
I've gone from rigid to jello and I feel like my arms are just flopping around just to do something. I just hope none of my frustrations are leaking onto my face.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:36:02 PM
:: Fiona turned around then, aligning herself the same way Michele was facing, than moved through the form again for her ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:38:42 PM
Okay, this was much harder because I really had to rely on remember some of the movements on my own. Some were okay because there was a pattern involved with the next motion. Some royally sucked and I was standing their like an idiot, unsure of what to do at times. Sigh.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:43:22 PM
:: Fiona turned, sensing the frustration and took Michele's hand ::

"Don't get discouraged. No one is grading you here." :)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 21st, 2006, 07:45:58 PM
Bah. Caught.

I squeeze her hand. "I just wanted to do it right."

And to impress her. Which I know is stupid of me but I'm really overwhelmed by everything that she does. I feel like I've done so little in my life when Fiona's done so much. It's kinda intimidating.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:46:01 PM
"You're trying too hard, instead of letting yourself feel the movements."

:: She let go of Michele's hand and began again ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:55:58 PM
"Sooooo ... I'm not supposed to do it right?" Okay, I'm more confused. I would think that doing it right was just as important.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:10:31 PM
:: Fiona reached out and gave Michele a playful shake ::

"You're very tense. We need to fix that."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:15:00 PM
I can't help but laugh as my head bobs back and forth. "Any suggestions?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:28:07 PM
"A massage." she replied with a serious, but friendly face.

:: She pulled her hair free of the ponytail it was in ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:31:20 PM
"I should be tense more often," I say with a joking seriousness.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:45:58 PM
:: Fiona walks over to fetch her sports bottle sitting beside a Japanese sword stand and heads for the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:53:53 PM
My curiosity overrides the blissful massage waiting for me as I see the sword stand. Fiona has weapons too??? Well, it does make sense. Martial Arts stuff isn't just about hand to hand fighting.

I hop over there and lean over the katana and, um, well little katana? My eyes follow the arc of the black scabbard and even watch myself do that since I can see my reflection on it. This didn't look like one of those cheap pieces of crap you'd find late at night on the Home Shopping network.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:57:14 PM
:: Fiona tossed a glance over her shoulder ::

"Yoo hoo, Miss Hawkins." she cooed.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:00:18 PM
D'oh! I catch up with Fiona and smile apologetically. "Sorry, I was admiring the sword display."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:06:07 PM
"Ah." she nodded.

:: Fiona traveled back to the bedroom, stripping off her unitard and slipping into a short kimono robe ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:07:43 PM
I get on the bed, sitting crosslegged. I think this is the first time I'm not oogling Fiona (who is far from shy around me now). My curiosity is overriding the hormones. "I take it you know how to use them too, huh?'

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:20:00 PM
:: She stopped at the bathroom door ::

"Oh, the Daisho?" she said nonchalantly before disappearing. She kept talking from inside the bathroom as she washed and dried her hands.

"I'm quite fond of Kenjutsu. Yes."

:: She picked up the massage oil and stepped back into the room ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:23:44 PM
Not wanting to sound dumb, I keep my mouth shut. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the Daisho meant the swords. Or was it the stand? Or was it the entire thing? And Kenjutsu must mean a fighting style with the swords? There's a lot of hand to hand stuff, why not swords?

Okay. Maybe I do need a rocket scientist.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:28:55 PM
:: Fiona knelt down in front of Michele, reading the look in her eyes ::

"What is it?" :)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:30:34 PM
"Um," I have no reason to feel dumb around Fiona and I don't. Just there's a lot I don't know. "I kinda got the gist of what you said, but not sure if I fully understand whatcha meant."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:33:54 PM
"Ah. Well get undressed and then you may ask me anything." ;) she teased.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:36:52 PM
I chuckle and kiss her on the cheek. "Cute."

I start to undress. "So is ..." I don't repeat the word. I already forgot how to pronouce it. "... is that a style of sword fighting?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:40:27 PM
"Kenjutsu is the art of the Japanese sword." she replied, laying a large soft towel down on top of the bed.

"There are many schools, and styles of it."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:43:24 PM
Now fully undressed, I lay down across the towel. "I kinda figured. Though I wonder how long it took you to master this stuff. It's pretty amazing what you can do."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:47:01 PM
:: She chuckled softly and she applied the oil to Michele's shoulders and began to work it in ::

"Martial arts are a lifetime study. Like music."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:51:34 PM
"Ah," I smile but then sigh appreciatively as my eyes close. Any other questions I had about it could wait till later. This felt soooooo good! Her hands work their magic on my skin and I could feel my body melt under them.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:29:01 AM
:: Fiona worked her way down Michele's body, from her shoulders to her feet, until all her muscles were completley relaxed ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:35:30 AM
Every kink and knot was worked out, every sore muscle was folded into submission by Fiona's skilled hands. I've never hand such a complete massage like this before (course there's a lot of firsts with Fiona). I really don't count the five second shoulder rubs we all get now and then from friends and family, and now I'm so relaxed I feel myself drifting slowly into sleep ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:40:19 AM
:: Fiona stopped, and chuckled at the blissful smile on Michele's face ::

"Please don't fall asleep. We aren't done yet."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:44:21 AM
My eyes are still closed when I mumble a, "But I'm so comfy tho ..."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:52:23 AM
"Alright. I'm going to take a shower then."

:: She kissed Michele on the cheek ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:55:27 AM
"Uh huh..." I flip my head so I can rest comfy on the other cheek and enjoy just how wonderful I feel right now.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:17:18 PM
:: A short time later, the phone rings and the awnsering machine turns on. After Fiona's cheery greeting, a strange voice leaves a brief and unsettling message ::

Fiona? This is Cedric. It seems your suspicions were correct. It is perhaps, worse than we feared. I will meet you at 2 A.M., at the usual place.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:26:52 PM
I flip my head over and stare at the answering machine with a brow raised. What the hell was that about? Whoever this guy is, his voice was really creepy. All deep and gutturall.

As I get up, my instincts scream Vampire since no one at the club or Antique store is named Cedric, and I do know that Fiona has ties to the Kindred, that's the name they like to use.

But what if it wasn't a Vamp? A 2AM meeting makes me all suspicous now ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:29:35 PM
:: Fiona steps out of the shower and wipes the steam fog off the mirror before reaching for a comb ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:36:33 PM
I get dress when I hear the water turn off and then make my way inside. My arms are crossed as I lean against the side of the doorway, my leg bobbing as if its got a mind of its own. Well, might as well be honest and gauge her expression from what I've got to say. I'm probably worrying about nothing.

I hope.

"Some guy named Cedric left you a message while you were in the shower, Fiona."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:48:07 PM
:: She was making a face in the mirror when Michele stepped in. Her eyes got a bit wide at the mention of the name, but she tried to keep a poker face as she combed her hair out ::

"Cedric Calhoun. He's a friend."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:53:42 PM
I give her a look of 'yeah right'. "A friend that wants to meet you at 2 o'clock in the morning?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:04:00 PM
:: Fiona looked a bit pensive ::

"He's a vampire."

:: She slides past Michele back into the bedroom, still dripping water as she plays back the message ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:06:12 PM
Ah, I was right. Vampire. I should keep my jealousy meter in check. I walk outside just as the last part of the message played. "So what's wrong?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:39:58 PM
:: Fiona avoided eye contact for a moment, then she looked up again, meeting her eyes directly ::

"I won't know for sure until I meet with him."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:43:32 PM
"Is it about me?" I know that the Vamps aren't too happy knowing about their existence. Hopefully it isn't but I'd like to know if Fiona was in hot water because of me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:50:19 PM
"No. Everything with you is fine."

:: She dried herself off and sat on the bed ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:52:39 PM
"Well, that's a relief." I know something's troubling her but I'm not sure if she's pensive because of what's wrong, or the fact she might not be able to share it.

"So what's wrong, Fiona?" I sit down next to her and hug one of my legs.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:05:41 PM
"There might be a Pentex problem in the city." she replied graveley.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:08:58 PM
Pentex was a huge global company that provided a lot of merchandise for people. From like common household items like soaps and cleaning supplies and on the other end, producing music albums. They kinda did a lot of stuff but I don't get why they're a problem besides being a multibillion-dollar corporation and the evil that goes with that.

"How's that a problem?" I ask innocently.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:19:31 AM
"There are supernatural forces at work behind them. A corruption the Garou call the Wyrm."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:22:04 AM
My head starts to hurt. Everytime I think Fiona's told me everything about the darker side to life, something else pops up. I remain quiet and let her continue. I can't even begin to guess was a 'Worm' is.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:22:51 AM
:: Fiona explained the basics of Garou theology to Michele. How the Wyld, the Weaver, and the Wyrm form a trinity called the Triat. The Wyld was nature, the Weaver was order, and the Wyrm was corruption and entropy. She continued ::

"Pentex secretly spreads the Wyrm's influence wherever and ever it can. Alot of it's own employees don't even know it."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:25:52 AM
Well, here's a disconcerting thought. Corporate America was suppose to be all about big business, making money and corruption... of course in the sense of that money corrupts and they get greedy with power. Corrupting people and the planet in a physical sense was a whole different ball game.

These supernatural issues are worse then humanity's own problems. Geesh. "So when you say we might have a Pentex problem, what exactly does that mean? They trying to move into Chicago or are they already here?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:28:25 AM
"I won't know for sure until I meet with Cedric." she replied, getting up to pull a shirt over her head.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:34:32 AM
"Did you want me to go with you?" I already knew the answer but the curiosity was burning inside me about all these kooky stuff that's been going on in Chicago since... well, probably since the city was created I'd think.

I know, I know. I should be afraid too about meeting another Vampire, but Cedric has Fiona's number. She does have several acquaintances of people in the Vampire community so this one was to be on the up and up. Besides, I have Fiona the Vampire Slayer with me. All should be good!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:38:34 AM
:: She turned to give Michele a suprised look as she grabbed some jeans from the dresser and slipped into them ::

"I don't think it's a good idea. You really wouldn't like where I'm going."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:41:13 AM
"How do you know that?" I make a face a spoiled brat would be proud of. "And I'm already neck deep into all this crap anyway. Why would it hurt for me to go?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:49:05 AM
:: Fiona advanced on Michele, pouncing her onto her back and straddling her waist in a pinning move ::

"I'd like you to be here where it's safe."

:: She kissed Michele on the nose ::

"Trust me, I'm doing you a favor."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:54:09 AM
I'm really not in a playful move and it's clearly written on my face. "Well, if that was the case you never shoulda hired me knowing you had Vamps in your club."

I wince because that was harsh but it just bothers me that I can serve Vampires, and god knows what else went through there, drinks and be unaware of it, have one of them want to bring me over as one of them, and now it's too dangerous for me to go meet with one that happens to actually be on Fiona's good side.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:58:41 AM
:: Fiona stared at her a long moment ::

"Alright." she replied.

"You can come."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:00:21 AM
Wait? I won the arguement? I was expecting more resistance. My features soften. "Just like that?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:11:49 AM
:: She let go of Michele's wrists in resignation ::

"You're right. I can't think of a proper reason why you shouldn't anymore."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:18:32 AM
Fiona conceeding, tho didn't like it. I got thrown into a different world when Miklos decided that I was his new pet project and swore I'd keep everything I've learned a secret. There was another alternative but that would require my memory to be blocked and Fiona hated that idea. She doesn't like lying to me and trusts me. Eventually the other Vamps that learned about me realized I could be trusted.

I prop myself up on my elbows since I can get up now. "I know you won't let anything bad happen to me."

I smile. "I trust you."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:52:58 AM
:: Fiona looked at the clock. 7 P.M. She stepped out of the room and into the kitchen. She needed a beer ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:57:49 AM
My confidence smiled faded into a disappointing pout. Okay, I thought my pep talked woulda helped. Guess not.

I wander out into what used to be my bedroom to break out my electronic keyboard. I figure Fiona needed some time to chill with what was going on tonight and so did I. This was new ground for me and I was nervous. And when I'm nervous, I play.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:02:47 AM
:: Time ticked by and Fiona lay curled up on the couch, fast asleep. The time was 10:30 P.M. ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:04:34 AM
I stretch my legs and wander out into the kitchen to grab something to eat, that's when I notice Fiona sleeping on the couch and I smile. I sneak a peck on her cheek and head over to the fridge.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:13:57 AM
:: an orange blur whooshed under Michele's legs as she opened the refridgerator door ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:15:34 AM
Perc had his head poking between my legs to see what I was gonna take out of the fridge. I laugh pretty loudly at first but tone it down so Fiona can sleep.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:17:47 AM
:: Perceval however, was unconcerned with keeping the peace. It was supper time, he meowed eagerly as he brushed back and forth against her legs ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:21:59 AM
I keep my voice down and pick up the brat. "Sssh you! You're gonna wake up Fiona."

One handed, I grab a can of food for him outta the cupboard. I then set him back on the floor while I open it with the hand held can opener, again because I didn't want to wake my girlfriend with the electronic one. Now to feed me which means leftovers. My cooking ability is the magical talent of hitting the buttons on the microwave.

I poke my head in the fridge again and see we have left over pasta! Yay!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:58:57 PM
:: Fiona stretched and peeked into the kitchen, watching Michele's antics in amusement ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:58:42 PM
Okay three minutes and dinner is served. I sit on top of the counter and watch the microwave like a hawk so I can pounce on the stop button. Can you sense the quiet theme yet for Fiona?

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:01:00 PM
"You could have woke me if you were hungry." she said, sitting down at the table.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:03:22 PM
She startles me and I almost drop the bowl of nuked pasta. I did this stupid balancing act with the towel but the worse that happens is my fork hits the ground, which Perc happily began to lick clean.

"And you could have told me you were awake!" I set down the bowl and grab my chest, it was thumping like crazy. "You scared me!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:13:18 PM
"Sorry." she replied, roaming around the kitchen to fix herself something.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:14:27 PM
"I nuked enough to share if you want." I hop onto the counter and wait before I start chowing down.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:18:23 PM
"Thank you."

:: She took a portion and started eating ::

"I do have to warn you, we're not meeting with your typical kindred. The Nosferatu can be unsettling until you get used to them."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:22:48 PM
I chew slowly and think about what Fiona. "Nosferatu?" I swallow and remember Fiona talking briefly about the Vampire Clans before but I don't recall her mentioning that one.

"Are they anything like the movie?" That would be very weird. I mean, how the hell did a Vampire Clan get named after a movie ... Or was it the other way around? I wonder if they look like anything from the movie... All freaky and stuff. Ya know? All sickenly pale with bald head, pointed ears and this nasty carnivorous smile.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:29:37 PM
"Aye. They're quite ghastly, but I can assure you that we'll be ok. Cedric is one I trust."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:35:37 PM
"Good enough for me." I smile but I have this sinking suspicion that nothing's gonna prepare me for what Cedric really looks like. Movie is one thing, real life ... Eh, well, we know that the Supernatural and I are getting acquainted oh so well lately. Makes me wonder how Fiona got involved in all this.

"How did you get pulled into all of this mess, Fiona? I mean it can't be easy knowing that this stuff is going on. Well, for me it isn't." I've accepted it so far, doesn't mean I'm loving it.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:41:09 PM
"I almost wound up on the dinnerplate, literally. But then they realized what I could do for them."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:43:36 PM
"And what could you do for them that saved you from being a midnight snack?" I don't know much about Vampires but whatever Fiona had to offer, it had to be really good.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:47:21 PM
"They need agents that can walk in the daylight, so they didn't eat me."

:: she mused over her wording of it a moment, then nodded ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:49:25 PM
I wonder if I have the word stupid on my face. Talk about being skimpy with the info here. "Okay Ms. Vague. But what do you do for them?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:43:22 PM
"Oh, I'm just a lowly gopher most of the time."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:50:22 PM
"Lowly gopher?" I chuckle. "You're much cuter then a gopher. Maybe a groundhog fits more? Then you could get your own holiday."

Yes, yes I'm silly.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:11:15 PM
:: Fiona shook her head at Michele ::

"Well, as long as I'm allowed a holiday." :mneh

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:15:31 PM
"Yeah, and I'll drag you outside to how long winter'll last." I finish up my dinner and notice we still have a lot time left before the meeting. Good. I can continue to muster up some bravery that's hidden inside me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:51:23 PM
"Oh thank you!!!" she made a face and collected the plates. Then she disappeared down the hall.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:57:26 PM
And where do I go? Yep. The couch. I grab the remote and put on some music.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:07:20 PM
:: Fiona walked back in with a sword. It wasn't one of the Daisho that Michele had seen earlier. She tucked it beneath her long grey coat ::

"Let's go."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:17:53 PM
My head was just above the couch to see Fiona hide a sword under her trench coat. Then my eyes went wide like a deer in headlights Okay. Where the hell did she get that? More importantly, where the hell did it go?

"Um," I don't think I gulped. "Sure."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:21:58 PM
:: Fiona smiled and held the door, mrrowing back at Perceval ::

"Stand guard." she said with a whimsical look in her eyes.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:32:23 PM
Oh. Right. That's my cue to get up. I grab my jacket and lock the door and follow Fiona down the staircase.

"You aren't expecting trouble right?" I shove my hands into my pockets, looking a bit hesitant then I was earlier when I wanted to come with. "Is that just for show?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:37:29 PM
"You can never be too sure." she replied on the walk to the car. "I like to be prepared."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:45:52 PM
She opens the car door for me and I nod. "Right. Good point."

I give her the best confident smile I could muster and get inside.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:53:05 PM
:: They drove very far out, eventually arriving at a warehouse near the docks. Fiona regarded Michele closely and pet her shoulder ::

"Hey, we'll be fine."

:: She kissed Michele on the cheek and hopped out ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:54:56 PM
"That's because you have the sword and I'm gonna be standing right behind you." I mutter to myself as I get outta the car. I keep tight to Fiona since I only have a vague idea of what to expect from Cedric and the meeting.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:27:34 AM
:: Fiona froze as she got closer to the warehouse, her eyes darting this way and that as she sensed something Michele couldn't ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:41:39 AM
My mind and eyes are running all over the place, trying to find anything out of place. It makes me easily startled. A cat rummaging through the dumpster snaps my head around. A piece of crumpled up newspaper snaps it another way. It makes me clueless that Fiona has stopped walking and I bump into her.

She's not saying anything ... This can't be good. Great. I grab onto her shoulders and press myself against her back, clinging for security. "What's wrong?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:53:01 AM
:: There was a split second of dread on Fiona's face. One heartbeat later, the warehouse exploded. Fiona whirled, throwing herself on top of Michele as she dove for cover ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:05:45 PM
The explosion nearly knocks me off my feet, and just as I see this mass of fire and rubble billowing out from the pallets inside the warehouse. Some of it heading our way. The funny thing is, it's almost just like the movies where everything slows down eventho things are coming at you in a matter of seconds. That's what it felt like, but then Fiona overtakes my vision and she tackles me to the ground as I'm screaming. That's when a wave of intense heat passes over us.

Through it all, I didn't feel much of anything but there was one clear thought that was passing through my head. Why didn't I listen to Fiona and stay home?

Actually two questions. Why the hell is someone trying to blow her up??? Lowly gopher? I think not Ms. Devlin!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:11:29 PM
:: Fiona's head snaps up as she squints at the burning warehouse, and she hugs Michele tightly as she roars ::

"DAMN!!!"

:: Another explosion forces her to cover up again, and she rolls backwards. Cedric was gone. ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:17:01 PM
My entire body shakes from the adrenaline running through my blood. It's keeping me conscious but when the second explosion goes, what little control I have over my fear finally breaks. I burst into tears as I bury my face into Fiona's shoulder, trying to shield myself as best I could against the debris flying around.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:27:46 PM
:: Fiona pulled herself up in the wake of the last explosion, then crouched down to help Michele as the building before them burned ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:33:22 PM
I cling around Fiona's neck as she leads us away from the warehouse. My nerves are completely fried, I'm totally freaking out and my mind is trying to be far, far away from the physical horror that is going on around me. I'm basically just a piece of meat being dragged away.

It's not like I haven't seen or been involved in some crazy things. I've had my share of fistfights, some with rather sharp objects, but I've never seen ANYTHING get blown up right before my face!

Fiona jumps in the car and peels outta here to safety. I just remain in the passenger seat, staring out into space, grateful that we're okay but also just wanting to go home and lock myself away for a very long time.