PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Security Bureau

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2006, 08:49:27 AM
I was wondering if anything has been done with this group since the reset, or if there is any equivalent group present. If not, I'd like to have a go at doing something with them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Security_Bureau

Karl Valten
Aug 21st, 2006, 10:23:57 AM
No, nothing's been done with that group. The Inq's been playing that role, but we don't have any people deicated to ISB types of tasks.

.....wait......Le gasp, a rebel.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2006, 11:21:06 AM
I seeee. What about the Sub-Adult Group? I think there is some possibility for (morbid) fun there, since they are basically the Hitler Youth of the Empire.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sub-Adult_Group

Karl Valten
Aug 21st, 2006, 12:40:11 PM
I don't see anything wrong with either of the two groups. I like the sub-adult group, you could really get some creepy threads going with that.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2006, 12:41:44 PM
That's what I thought >D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2006, 05:31:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/tehwofl/daala.jpg

:evil

Y'roth Helghast
Aug 21st, 2006, 05:38:00 PM
As far as the ISB goes, the INQ really is covering as much as that says the ISB was responsible for. Which then leads me to wonder... who is in charge of COMPNOR? It says the ISB director was also the director of COMPNOR. If the Inquisitoriate is already doing what the ISB originally did, wouldn't the Grand Inquisitor be the equivalent in our story of what the ISB director was in the old story, as we have also been doing a lot under the lines of what COMPNOR aimed to accomplish. In fact, several things that the ISB did, I've had as drafts and ideas ready to launch...

In fact... The Inquisitoriate has been about their own method of these branches so far...

Surveillance
Investigations
Internal Affairs
Interrogation ;)
Enforcement

And I think the remaining branches also hold grounds for somethings we could do. I'm not saying the INQ should absorb the ISB by any means, I'm merely pointing out the similarities we have with them. Redundacy often leads to inefficiency? :D Is the ISB thus being npced by this point? And of COMPNOR, there are just too many faculties that I'm now aware of that I can't just leave alone now that I know what they are capable of. XD

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2006, 05:55:54 PM
If the INQ is doing exactly what the ISB did, then you could always just say that there is no ISB. It seems a little superfluous to have INQ, Imp Intel and ISB.

Telan Desaria
Aug 21st, 2006, 08:59:35 PM
INQ handles Internal Security, Imp Intel handles external security. the Imperial Security Bureau - ISB, is the INQ's arm in the Imperial Military. They handle specific threats within the Military and as a result are directly controlled by the military though they operate under the authority of the Grand Inquisitor. WHile the INQ might deal witha rebel cell on say, Corellia, the ISB would be sent to root out its sympathizers in the garrison.

Does that explain it?

As for the Youth of the Empire - - an excellent idea. I would recommend creating a name more......notable than the subadult group. Something Imperial but also something suitable subversive and incisive. We are the Empire, aftyer all.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:07:34 PM
Who is the Grand Inq now? I thought Tear was somewhere in the hiearchy of the INQ above all before he suddenly disappeared?

Originally posted by Telan Desaria
INQ handles Internal Security, Imp Intel handles external security. the Imperial Security Bureau - ISB, is the INQ's arm in the Imperial Military. They handle specific threats within the Military and as a result are directly controlled by the military though they operate under the authority of the Grand Inquisitor. WHile the INQ might deal witha rebel cell on say, Corellia, the ISB would be sent to root out its sympathizers in the garrison.

Does that explain it?

As for the Youth of the Empire - - an excellent idea. I would recommend creating a name more......notable than the subadult group. Something Imperial but also something suitable subversive and incisive. We are the Empire, aftyer all.

And Sub-Adult Group is a fraction of the COMPNOR that already exist within the Empire from what I've read up on it. I dont think Dasq would have to recreate an already existing faction.

Telan Desaria
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:07:41 PM
it is a part of COMPNOR correct. But a better name would doubtless be welcome.

And arent we waiting on your DOLDUR post?

Karl Valten
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:38:12 PM
Originally posted by Lamar Starworth
Who is the Grand Inq now?

I'm acting as Grand Inquisitor.

Telan Desaria
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:50:49 PM
Hail Valten

Tiberius Anar
Sep 6th, 2006, 02:32:49 PM
COMPNOR's non-security/intel elements are mostly "party political." Based upon what has been rp'ed I would guess that Anar or one of his lackies would be running COMPNOR, combining the chairmanship of the Select Committee with a Ministerial post. Probably the Minister of Propaganda would be most apporpirate if it is not Anar himself. We've complicated things by having Ministries run the Empire rather than COMPNOR.

And I do not see anything wrong with having more than one organisation handling Secuirty and/or Intel. Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia (after which much of the Empire is modeled) were notorious for overlapping jurisdictions. Only the leader could sort it out so it gave him an added level of safety. If his subordinates are busy squabling they can't turn on him. Sounds very Palpatine to me.

Telan Desaria
Sep 6th, 2006, 09:23:45 PM
And that is exactly what the Empire is trying to correct - undoing Palpatinie-era mistakes. Thankfully we have a brilliant Executor and an equally brilliant CinC of the Armed Services - -me

Tiberius Anar
Sep 7th, 2006, 02:28:20 AM
Little too soon for that to be a wide spread sentiment. There are going to be people with a vested interest in keeping some element of confusion, if only to safeguard their own jobs. That's going to be part of the post-coup fun- watching Sevon clearing things up. Imagine the faces of some of the bureaucrats!

Telan Desaria
Sep 7th, 2006, 05:12:20 PM
we're doing so now, dear chancellor, were doing so now. Desaria is going to have his own culling of the masses inside the Militayr to remove political hangers on and idiots with powerful commands