PDA

View Full Version : Tabletop Roleplaying Ideas....

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2006, 05:06:22 PM
... Jenny and I were chatting about the WoD roleplay we've started here at SW-Fans, and all the information that's out there for it, and we were wondering how one gets into that line of work. How do you become a writer for White Wolf?

Or any other tabletop RPG, for that matter.

And then our next thought, after we found the guidelines for submissions for White Wolf, was that it was much too complicated and we'd have to have read everything previously published so we wouldn't look like n00bs, and so we should create our own.

We both agreed that one of the most fun parts of RPing is creating characters, settings, and background information. It seems the logical next step!

It would obviously be started as a sort of experiment to see how far we can take it, but if all goes well it might turn into a real RPG and then how :cool would that be?

If you'd be interested in a angel/demon/Heaven/Hell/post-apocalyptic RPG or think we're nuts, just post here and let us know. ;)

Khendon Sevon
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:28:39 PM
As an experienced DM that has created several campaigns, a few combat systems, and a D20 game, I think you're nuts.

You need:

- Extensive background information
- A dice system (D20 is free under a certain license)
- Skills, stats, feats, talents, other number junk
- Classes
- Monsters... lots of monsters
- Character sheets (easy enough to make in Word, I've done this a couple times)
- A combat system, encounter system, spell system, visibility system
- Tons of pre-made items with spiffy random generation tables for DM's

What I'm trying to say is simple...

I'll help on the technical end if you would like :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:29:28 PM
Perfect! Register at Meras.org if you haven't already. :)

Razielle Alastor
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:41:41 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
If you'd be interested in a angel/demon/Heaven/Hell/post-apocalyptic RPG or think we're nuts, just post here and let us know. ;)

-raises hand- :D

General Devious
Aug 20th, 2006, 08:06:07 PM
Seraphim, Demonic hosts. Apocalyptic? Raises hand also..

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2006, 08:19:26 PM
Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
-raises hand- :D

Is that a "I think you're nuts" hand? ;)

Razielle Alastor
Aug 20th, 2006, 08:29:37 PM
:lol could ya tell?

LOL Noooooooo! :p

Wil Mienstrire
Aug 20th, 2006, 11:49:00 PM
I'd be interested... and if you need help with super technicalities... I know one of the guys that helped revise and come up with the most recent version of D&D... But he's kinda hard to contact and I am too so the odds of me getting a hold of him are... nevermind...

Kelly Perris
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:08:58 AM
Well, this piques my interest.

Eddie
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:44:49 PM
I'll check Meras out as soon as I can.

One thing I would say is keep it simple. The WoD rules are some of the simplest I've seen and they don't slow the game down at all. WoD rping is all about the story, not number crunching like many other rp's are.

Terran Starek
Sep 5th, 2006, 10:43:30 AM
I think it sounds like a good idea. If you can, stick to a system that you already like and modify it. Especially for private gaming. Whenever I used to create games, I'd just borrow borrow borrow and fit things to my liking.

Idea sounds really cool. :)