PDA

View Full Version : An Audience with the Queen.

General Devious
Aug 19th, 2006, 05:48:22 PM
He was told that she could not see him until later. Running the planet was hard work. He left the request with his guards. They would be sure to give it to her when she returned.

"Your Majesty Araudia I had heard you where looking for a financial adivisor. I happen to know a gentleman that you have already made aquaintenance's with. His name is Nathan. He had made leaps and bounds here in the financial district. His grasp of finances are quite astounding and I think he would serve you and the state well. If you could have an audience with us I am sure you would agree. Please let us know at your earliest convenience."

Sincerly yours with all affection, General Devious
Dalamar Desang

Adraudia Basillie
Aug 19th, 2006, 09:43:25 PM
The matters of most importance had been attended too, the Queen sent word for the General to meet her in the throne room. The current matter was Reick, one of her Captains of the Beast Riders, informing her the new patrol patrons Jecht Tar had implemented. Not only was security tighter, but they had also managed to cut down the amount of foolish off-worlders trying to jump the wall. This pleased the Queen greatly, for if Onderon was going to become the center of this system, it needed to have a reputation of protecting its visitors from the wilds of the planet.

General Devious
Aug 20th, 2006, 10:29:45 AM
Dalamar contacted Nathan as promised and the meeting was seen to. Nathan responded promptly an hour before the meeting and together they headed to the throne room.

Things would go well and the Queen's rule would solidify. Once she was firmly in place and not so precauriously balanced by Salem. The General could relax a little more knowing that he had kept his word to her Father and to himself. Lil would have to understand though he promised her and as a man of honor he was bound to that. His promise to Araudia's Father was older,stronger and of more importance. Balanced between the two he had no choice. Araudia was all. She was the last in her line and watching her grow up into a beautiful woman Dalamar was proud of her. Her baby steps where growing into the walk of a Queen. Nathan was shrewd, Dalamar had no doubt he would prove his worth a thousand time's over in the years to come. DeSang was lucky to have found him. He was like a gold mine of monetary information.

Adraudia Basillie
Aug 20th, 2006, 01:49:34 PM
After Reick's report, the next hour was given to her people. Here they could settle disputes or voice their concerns before the Queen. The majority of them were fearful with the new restrictions placed upon the planet, loved ones could not come home and there were still many who were stuck inside the walled city.

Adraudia assured them that the spaceports would open civilian traffic once Mandalore was captured or killed. Until then, it was a necessary evil to ensure their safety. For too long the Mandalorians have smuggled supplies through their city.

Of course some were still concerned about the length of time this would take. The war between them has raged for decades. With the utmost confidence, the Queen replied that the threat would end soon. She could not go into details but steps were taken to ensure that her peoples suffering would be minimal.

To speak in such vagaries with reassurance was a trait Adraudia had learned from her father. Give them just enough information to quench their thirst for knowledge, but be sure to speak with confidence and console them in a time of crisis.

She welcomed the disputes. At least here those present could watch her put an end to arguments fairly. Not once had two parties walked away from the throne room displeased by the arrangement the Queen had surmised. The losing party did not always like the end result but Adraudia made certain to impart her reasons for justice so all could walk away with understanding. That was the key. For them to learn a lesson and not to repeat these mistakes in the future.

After settling a debt between a seamstress and her client, the Queen motioned to close the open floor and allow the General entrance.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 29th, 2007, 12:25:03 AM
It's not that Nathan was nervous about this meeting with the Queen. He was quite confident in his own position and Status on Onderon that he felt it was only right that he finally be noticed by the state. The General's words helped to calm any lingering doubts that might have sprung up. It was just recent news about a scuffle with some low grade space pirates back at Cayss had him on edge and his mind preoccupied.

Despite all of that, K'cansce was dressed in his best - a nice pair of black pants, a button down silver tunic accompanied by a solid tie and a suit jacket – dressed to make an impression. He was ready for an interview as a VP for some luxurious credit-broker firm on Coruscant. With sure eyes and a pleasant smirk, Nathanial glanced over to where the General stood.

"I believe it's time. After you, General," he said, waiting for the other to enter the chambers and to introduce Nathanial to the Queen.

General Devious
Jan 29th, 2007, 10:13:47 PM
The General entered with Nathan following close behind him. The Queen looked to be in good spirits today things must be going smoothly for once. Dalamar bowed formally before the Queen and when she nodded he continued.

"Your Majesty this is the financial advisor that I was telling you about. His full name is Nathanial K'cansce and he has amassed a small fortune here on Onderon and is very shrewd in the buisness acumen. I think you will find him very useful in future trade and alliance conversations as an advisor." Dalamar nodded to Nathan and he stepped forward making his own bow.

Adraudia Basillie
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:43:51 PM
The Queen regarded Dalamar fondly, "Thank you General DeSang."

And then her attention went to Nathanial K'cansce. She was impressed with his outward appearance. His manner of dress definitely spoke the wealth that the General had mentioned, but how clever of a business man he was remained to be seen. "Mr. K'cansce," she rose her head steady and smiled down at him. "Having the General's endorsement is not a simple feat. What exactly can you do for Onderon and her people?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:02:02 PM
Nathanial stepped forward, bowing his head.

"Thank you, your Excellency, for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me," he said. His facial features were warm, a pleasant smile and he never broke eye contact with her once he came out of his bow. Knowing that Adraudia was indeed busy, she had probably wished for him to get to his point as quickly as possible, dispensing proper greetings for other times.

"The General was brought to me by my sudden and quick rise in financial earnings while here overseeing trade shipments between Onderon and my home world of Cayss. The General, as well as I, believe that I could help your government obtain a vast wealth quickly and securely, without reducing the quality of any products, or anything else for that matter."

He waited, clasping his hands behind his back, for a response before continuing on.

Adraudia Basillie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:36:50 AM
Adraudia was still not completely sure why the General had brought this man here. He was a personal entrepreneur, not a man of state. "It pleases me that you were able to find good fortune here on Onderon but running a business is not the same as overseeing the trade of an entire planet."

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 6th, 2007, 09:47:58 PM
"I beg to differ if I may, your Excellency, but my business is, in fact, overseeing planet-wide trade," Nathan calmly answered. "My home world of Cayss houses many valuable goods that are rare galaxy-wide. Many systems and worlds seek these goods, but not all can have them."

He would have to choose his words carefully as he continued. Heh, that class in public speaking he passed over while in school was looking better and better in hindsight.

"I was able to create an enterprise on Cayss, lifting our barely self-sufficient economy into a profitable and rich system. That, in essence, is why I have decided to personally oversee trade between my home and here - I see Onderon much like I do Cayss. There's an untapped market here, whether it be through trade or some other means."

Pausing, he gathered himself, smoothing down his blazer at his sides.

"I feel as though I can take what I have learned through my trade business, and apply it here to this position."

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:02:42 PM
Dalamar remained passive. Nathanial would either win the queen over or not. If it was to be he was going to have to make it happen. Dalamar had given him the opportunity he just had to walk thru the door provided. That is if he could convince Araudia of his value.

DeSang knew that he would be a worthy addition but he did not make those decisions but presented options only to the Queen. It was up to her and to some small degree him.